Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) 12:30 - Jul 20 with 13367 viewsjasondozzell

[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:30]
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:24 - Jul 20 with 1263 viewsChrisd

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:14 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

State of some of the replies. The sooner fans realise players generally aren't supporters the better. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he has an affinity to the club having been here for 2 spells, but the guy needs to do what's right. All things being equal I'm sure he would choose us over another club of a similar stature, but this is his career and his living we're talking about. It's a short career and he needs to make the right move. He knows his value and good luck to him. Some of our supporters are naive if they think he should earn half as much money in L1 if there's more lucrative options elsewhere, it's not a sign of disloyalty.

Quite right. However, I don't feel the club should be pushing the boat out for a player in L1 if it is going to cause problems and I'm hoping that MA continues to hold his ground. We've made him an offer, if Celina thinks he deserves more and can get more elsewhere then good luck to him. At the end of the day, there's no loyalty in football regardless of what some might like to believe - money talks.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:25 - Jul 20 with 1232 viewsBiGDonnie

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:07 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

So Rangers, Europa League finalists think he's good enough to play for them but many of our fans don't think he contributes much, gets lost in games, is lazy and not worth spending decent money on.

SB

This is the post - nicely done.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:25 - Jul 20 with 1238 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:20 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

My understanding is that's vague interest at best as it stands. Would surprise me if it happened, but a lot's already surprised me about this story this summer!

Heard it's a bit more than vague, but as you say, who knows anymore. Still feels inevitable he'll come here but that's just me hoping haha.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:26 - Jul 20 with 1213 viewshype313

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:25 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

Heard it's a bit more than vague, but as you say, who knows anymore. Still feels inevitable he'll come here but that's just me hoping haha.

What's the issue though, the Move to Turkey was a loan, so presumably we would try another loan on the same conditions as last season, but Dijon want us to pay more of the wages?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:28 - Jul 20 with 1170 viewstractorboy1978

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:26 - Jul 20 by hype313

What's the issue though, the Move to Turkey was a loan, so presumably we would try another loan on the same conditions as last season, but Dijon want us to pay more of the wages?

Or it's about the terms of the contract for Celina once it goes permanent.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:29 - Jul 20 with 1158 viewsStewart27

I wish it was.

If what is reported is true about not agreeing personal terms then I don’t blame Celina at all. If he had the chance to add a few more grand to his wages then I don’t blame him.

However, if these messages indicate what I think they mean then it’s all a little bit weird if it’s actually in his hands.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:29 - Jul 20 with 1148 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:13 - Jul 20 by joey_itfc

So from the sounds of it, he’s probably off to Rangers?

Feels like he's destined to end up here, that is what I think will happen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:30 - Jul 20 with 1123 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:29 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Exactly how I feel. Feels like both parties playing one off another
Login to get fewer ads

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:31 - Jul 20 with 1102 viewsKieran_Knows

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:26 - Jul 20 by hype313

The impression I'm getting (and no doubt way off the mark) is that Dijon do not want to contribute anything towards his wages. So it's a case of teams (Stoke & Kasimpasa) in this case offering close/what he is on at Dijon ... and Town not getting close to that figure.

I think it's inevitable he ends up here, but will drag on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:31 - Jul 20 with 1102 viewsdavblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

My point wasn't that he's a different player, my point was the fact he'd be another player thrown into those attacking positions which already has a lot of personnel to select from. There's little doubt he'll be vying for those same positions as Chaplin, Harness and Aluko in our side.

He’s a better player than all of those you’ve mentioned.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:32 - Jul 20 with 1099 viewsSTYG

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:29 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I think us, Dijon, Rangers, Stoke and the entire Turkish Superliga should each send a representative to a sort of Squid Games where they fight to the death over a series of elaborate games and the last man standing gets to keep Celina, with respective leagues just waiving any visa issues.

You know. Something less dramatic than what we currently have.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 20 with 1047 viewsJ2BLUE

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:32 - Jul 20 by STYG

I think us, Dijon, Rangers, Stoke and the entire Turkish Superliga should each send a representative to a sort of Squid Games where they fight to the death over a series of elaborate games and the last man standing gets to keep Celina, with respective leagues just waiving any visa issues.

You know. Something less dramatic than what we currently have.

Pro tip: Playing the 'Pink Soldiers' music on a loop can give an edge to even the most mundane tasks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 20 with 1040 viewsChrisd

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:31 - Jul 20 by davblue

He’s a better player than all of those you’ve mentioned.

On his day , I agree, but do have enough of those days? We also need to remember we are a L1 side and need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:36 - Jul 20 with 1019 viewshype313

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:31 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

The impression I'm getting (and no doubt way off the mark) is that Dijon do not want to contribute anything towards his wages. So it's a case of teams (Stoke & Kasimpasa) in this case offering close/what he is on at Dijon ... and Town not getting close to that figure.

I think it's inevitable he ends up here, but will drag on.

Sounds very plausible, but Dijon taking a big gamble there.

Maybe we are leaving it be to see who blinks first.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:37 - Jul 20 with 1004 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:59 - Jul 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Terms. Not necessarily money - could be length of contract, or any number of things. I wish people who know nothing would stop speculating and trashing the player.

Other clubs have offered more than us wages-wise, that's the basics of it, as I understand it.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:39 - Jul 20 with 958 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:21 - Jul 20 by joey_itfc

Would you expect us to revive our interest in him, Phil?

Would expect so. I didn't get the impression it was over even though we'd signed Harness, although we did go quiet. But that could have been tactical, of course.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:39 - Jul 20 with 960 viewshype313

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:37 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

Other clubs have offered more than us wages-wise, that's the basics of it, as I understand it.

If so, then why did the Turkish deal fall though?

Did they promise him Lira rather than Euro's and then, once he went onto currency converter, got the shock of his life?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:41 - Jul 20 with 937 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:09 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

No he's been in ipswich pretty much whole summer doing his own work. Not been back to Dijon

Are you his mum?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:42 - Jul 20 with 928 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:39 - Jul 20 by hype313

If so, then why did the Turkish deal fall though?

Did they promise him Lira rather than Euro's and then, once he went onto currency converter, got the shock of his life?

From what I know it hasn't (yet). Celina was in turkey yesterday, rangers made contact, so the move has been put on hold. Because obviously rangers is more appealing. Him being back in UK hopefully gives us another chance.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:43 - Jul 20 with 915 viewsSomethingBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:41 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Are you his mum?

His mum would know where he had actually been.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:43 - Jul 20 with 911 viewsKieran_Knows

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:41 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Are you his mum?

He's Edvar Celina and I claim my £5.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 821 viewsdavblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

On his day , I agree, but do have enough of those days? We also need to remember we are a L1 side and need to cut our cloth accordingly.

if we can afford to get him, get him, it's a no brainer, he enhances our team no doubt.

I thought he had a solid season last year, not spectacular but did any of the number 10's we had perform great, i would argue no.

He can do things none of the others can do, that piece of magic out of nowhere. We will seriously struggle to get anyone of his ability in league 1, this is one of those moments, if we can get it done do it because these types of players certainly in league 1 don't come around very often.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 816 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:43 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

He's Edvar Celina and I claim my £5.

Considering we were messaging on here last year, i think you know that is incorrect.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:50 - Jul 20 with 800 viewsKieran_Knows

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:49 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

Considering we were messaging on here last year, i think you know that is incorrect.

Ha I know, only pulling your leg!

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:52 - Jul 20 with 769 viewspointofblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:37 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

Apologies, is the disagreement regarding terms with Dijon rather than Celina himself?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024