Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) 12:30 - Jul 20 with 13364 viewsjasondozzell

[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:30]
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:08 - Jul 20 with 999 viewspointofblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:07 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

So Rangers, Europa League finalists think he's good enough to play for them but many of our fans don't think he contributes much, gets lost in games, is lazy and not worth spending decent money on.

SB

At his best, Celina is Scottish Premier League standard and perhaps more, no doubt about it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:09 - Jul 20 with 996 viewstractorboy1978

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:07 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

So Rangers, Europa League finalists think he's good enough to play for them but many of our fans don't think he contributes much, gets lost in games, is lazy and not worth spending decent money on.

SB

Funny isn't it?
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:09 - Jul 20 with 1001 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:06 - Jul 20 by Hipsterectomy

Has he even had a preseason with his parent club? Or is there a chance we bring him in during August yet he's not ready until mid/late September

No he's been in ipswich pretty much whole summer doing his own work. Not been back to Dijon
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:09 - Jul 20 with 989 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:54 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

Celina can play in a front 3, behind the main striker or behind the two front men, you can argue all of them can play in those roles. So will agree to disagree there.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:57]

Celina can also play on the left wing, or in the centre of midfield as a deeper player.

He's totally different to all 3 of those players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:10 - Jul 20 with 983 viewsStokieBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

I like this approach. I wouldn't want to be paying hugely over the odds for him in L1. When you think we have Aluko, Harness and Chaplin that play in the same role as Celina. Do we really need him and on huge wages? Not for me.

Interesting, lots of complaints about Celina's contribution on "huge wages" yet a free pass for Aluko who no doubt was very tidy but contributed 3 goals and 0 assists last season, something the EADT journos pointed out last week.

I doubt Aluko is on 6 times less wages so why is Celina targeted so voraciously?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:10 - Jul 20 with 977 viewsitfcjoe

SB

And Stoke would have signed him in the league above but for work permit issues

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:12 - Jul 20 with 920 viewsChrisd

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:02 - Jul 20 by davblue

they might play in a number 10 role but they are all very different players to Celina. Celina is more of a playmaker Harness and Chaplin are more withdrawn strikers who can get on the end of things. Aluko takes people out of the game to open space for others.

But they will still be taking up positions in the side that all that quartet will be vying for. Yes, there may be slight differences in their style of play, which wasn't my point, but they will all be looking to occupy the same attacking roles in the side. Whether that's in a 4-3-3, 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:13 - Jul 20 with 902 viewsjoey_itfc

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:10 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

And Stoke would have signed him in the league above but for work permit issues

So from the sounds of it, he’s probably off to Rangers?
Login to get fewer ads

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:14 - Jul 20 with 890 viewsBarcaBlue

SB

...and apparently a better team without him. There's also a few here who don't consider salary and conditions when starting a new job - which is a bit odd....or maybe they do but don't like it when somebody else does.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:14 - Jul 20 with 882 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:08 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

I don't get my info spoon fed by Town!

Can you put it as the main story please as just clicked the other one thinking it was the move off story and was confused

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:14 - Jul 20 with 891 viewsclive_baker

State of some of the replies. The sooner fans realise players generally aren't supporters the better. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he has an affinity to the club having been here for 2 spells, but the guy needs to do what's right. All things being equal I'm sure he would choose us over another club of a similar stature, but this is his career and his living we're talking about. It's a short career and he needs to make the right move. He knows his value and good luck to him. Some of our supporters are naive if they think he should earn half as much money in L1 if there's more lucrative options elsewhere, it's not a sign of disloyalty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:15 - Jul 20 with 870 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:57 - Jul 20 by Parky

If Rangers are interested, surely we’re all but out of the race.

Will they have the issues over the work permit though?

COYB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:17 - Jul 20 with 833 viewsParky

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:15 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Joe posted the link from The Athletic which explained it was different in Scotland.

https://theathletic.com/news/scottish-clubs-handed-transfer-boost-as-work-permit
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 with 809 viewsSTYG

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:15 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Phil's story said Scottish clubs have an exemption.

So nothing to stop him going to Rangers.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 with 807 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:14 - Jul 20 by SitfcB

Can you put it as the main story please as just clicked the other one thinking it was the move off story and was confused

Cheers, forgot to do that. Made a bit of a mess of that as missed a word out of the headline as well! Heat and excitement getting to me!
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 with 803 viewsandytown

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:49 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Spot on, negotiations have lengthened on both sides as both parties try to get best deal for themselves - in the same way Ashton won't roll over, neither will Celina

I don’t know how these things work , but could it be the case that Celina is happy to come here but Dijon want more of the wages covered than we are offering? So even if Celina is happy with the amount we are offering it’s not in his hands?

Edit: just read the rest of the thread, so not the case.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 13:25]
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 with 798 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:17 - Jul 20 by Parky

Joe posted the link from The Athletic which explained it was different in Scotland.

https://theathletic.com/news/scottish-clubs-handed-transfer-boost-as-work-permit

Pricks.

COYB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 with 801 viewsChrisd

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:09 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Celina can also play on the left wing, or in the centre of midfield as a deeper player.

He's totally different to all 3 of those players

My point wasn't that he's a different player, my point was the fact he'd be another player thrown into those attacking positions which already has a lot of personnel to select from. There's little doubt he'll be vying for those same positions as Chaplin, Harness and Aluko in our side.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 with 806 viewstractorboy1978

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:14 - Jul 20 by clive_baker

State of some of the replies. The sooner fans realise players generally aren't supporters the better. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he has an affinity to the club having been here for 2 spells, but the guy needs to do what's right. All things being equal I'm sure he would choose us over another club of a similar stature, but this is his career and his living we're talking about. It's a short career and he needs to make the right move. He knows his value and good luck to him. Some of our supporters are naive if they think he should earn half as much money in L1 if there's more lucrative options elsewhere, it's not a sign of disloyalty.

I think it's pretty clear he and his family want him to be here - but that doesn't mean he has to accept whatever deal we put in front of him. He turned down Kosovo call ups (very important to him) to play for us last season. The fact we are even in the equation for him is a testament to his feeling about the club.

Said it numerous times but it'll be a real shame and disappointment if we can't get this done.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:19 - Jul 20 with 772 viewsfabian_illness

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 20 by SamWhiteUK

If that was my dad I'd be pretty jarred off. Not very professional keep tweeting random gifs etc pertaining to your son's career

This made me laugh out loud.
I can't imagine my own father using twitter and if he did it wouldn't be coherent let alone have a picture attached to it!
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:20 - Jul 20 with 770 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:35 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

He’s off to rangers unless we up our offer.

My understanding is that's vague interest at best as it stands. Would surprise me if it happened, but a lot's already surprised me about this story this summer!
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:20 - Jul 20 with 743 viewsSitfcB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:18 - Jul 20 by STYG

Phil's story said Scottish clubs have an exemption.

So nothing to stop him going to Rangers.

Yeah he hadn’t added that part when I read it

COYB

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:21 - Jul 20 with 731 viewsjoey_itfc

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:20 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

My understanding is that's vague interest at best as it stands. Would surprise me if it happened, but a lot's already surprised me about this story this summer!

Would you expect us to revive our interest in him, Phil?
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:23 - Jul 20 with 681 viewshype313

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:13 - Jul 20 by joey_itfc

So from the sounds of it, he’s probably off to Rangers?

Win win for Alex Griffin then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:23 - Jul 20 with 684 viewsVaughan8

Clearly a good player and we'd be lucky to have him. I would say it's unlikely to happen.

Some people on here treat him like a god which is odd. He was here last season
...Haha

However surely a striker who scores goals must be a priority.

Or is ladapo and this Jules guy gonna be it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024