Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) 12:30 - Jul 20 with 13365 viewsjasondozzell

[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:30]
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:45 - Jul 20 with 1422 viewsIllinoisblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:35 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

He’s off to rangers unless we up our offer.

He’d do well in that league

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 with 1400 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:38 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

Don't get me wrong, I'll be delighted if he signs. Just the whole thing is getting a bit tedious IMO.

That's largely because we have social media these days, not because of the process itself. Long drawn out negotiations always happened, we just never heard about them every 5 minutes like we do now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 with 1374 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:36 - Jul 20 by BondiBlue

So what exactly is the problem? It's always money, isn't it. I really really want to play for you but only if you pay me more than everyone else.

P@ss off.

You have absolutely no idea. Why don't you "p@ss off"?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 with 1380 viewsChrisd

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:44 - Jul 20 by BondiBlue

It's tedious and also very irritating being used as a bargaining chip in negotiations with every other club in europe. It's nice to have good footballers playing for your club and nice when they say they like your club but we're being used now. I'd be tempted to call his bluff and pull out, but then that's why ashton's got the CEO job and i haven't.

I like this approach. I wouldn't want to be paying hugely over the odds for him in L1. When you think we have Aluko, Harness and Chaplin that play in the same role as Celina. Do we really need him and on huge wages? Not for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:49 - Jul 20 with 1372 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's largely because we have social media these days, not because of the process itself. Long drawn out negotiations always happened, we just never heard about them every 5 minutes like we do now.

Spot on, negotiations have lengthened on both sides as both parties try to get best deal for themselves - in the same way Ashton won't roll over, neither will Celina

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 1340 viewsitfcjoe

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

I like this approach. I wouldn't want to be paying hugely over the odds for him in L1. When you think we have Aluko, Harness and Chaplin that play in the same role as Celina. Do we really need him and on huge wages? Not for me.

Those 3 don't play the same role, and Aluko only ever played one game a week last year and is now a year older

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 1332 viewsPlums

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:44 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

Couldn't agree more. If he really wanted to sign for us, he'd have done it by now instead we have this saga dragging on and we're only a matter of days away from starting the new season.

Thank goodness you guys weren't involved in the takeover. We'd be stuck with Evans because it all 'dragged on a bit'.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 1332 viewspointofblue

Getting tired of this; wish we’d just withdraw the offer now and tell him we’ve been mucked around enough. If he wants to be here then sign the contract - which will be for more in a quarter than most people get in a year - and let’s move on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:52 - Jul 20 with 1305 viewsSkip_Intro

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:51 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

Getting tired of this; wish we’d just withdraw the offer now and tell him we’ve been mucked around enough. If he wants to be here then sign the contract - which will be for more in a quarter than most people get in a year - and let’s move on.

you're assuming it's down to BC...it could be an issue with the fee to Dijon for all we know...
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:54 - Jul 20 with 1268 viewspointofblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:52 - Jul 20 by Skip_Intro

you're assuming it's down to BC...it could be an issue with the fee to Dijon for all we know...

Phil’s just posted an article saying the issue is agreeing terms with the player.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:54 - Jul 20 with 1260 viewshoppy

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:52 - Jul 20 by Skip_Intro

Or, more likely, his agent?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:54 - Jul 20 with 1261 viewsChrisd

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:51 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Those 3 don't play the same role, and Aluko only ever played one game a week last year and is now a year older

Celina can play in a front 3, behind the main striker or behind the two front men, you can argue all of them can play in those roles. So will agree to disagree there.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 12:57]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:57 - Jul 20 with 1211 viewsParky

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

He's not going to Turkey, we are certainly back in the race

If Rangers are interested, surely we’re all but out of the race.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:58 - Jul 20 with 1185 viewsJ2BLUE

Destiny.

Time to come home and lead us to the promised land with a double promotion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:59 - Jul 20 with 1176 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:54 - Jul 20 by pointofblue

Phil’s just posted an article saying the issue is agreeing terms with the player.

Terms. Not necessarily money - could be length of contract, or any number of things. I wish people who know nothing would stop speculating and trashing the player.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:59 - Jul 20 with 1174 viewsHipsterectomy

Part of me finds his love for us endearing, part of me thinks he just loves the attention and adoration of his son

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:01 - Jul 20 with 1140 viewsJ2BLUE

For TWTD to understand it's not happening...surely that means someone at Town is monitoring the situation and passing that info on?

We must still have at least a small chance of getting him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:02 - Jul 20 with 1102 viewsdavblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:48 - Jul 20 by Chrisd

they might play in a number 10 role but they are all very different players to Celina. Celina is more of a playmaker Harness and Chaplin are more withdrawn strikers who can get on the end of things. Aluko takes people out of the game to open space for others.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:04 - Jul 20 with 1065 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nice to have a guaranteed safety net.

Poll: W or W

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:04 - Jul 20 with 1054 viewsitfcsuth

For the second time in 7 days…. The dream is still on….

In all seriousness, the longer this saga goes on, the more chance we could get a real deal on this one.

Won’t be long before Dijon hit the panic button you feel.

Whether we are still in for him after Harness joining I don’t know.
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:06 - Jul 20 with 1016 viewspointofblue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:59 - Jul 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Terms. Not necessarily money - could be length of contract, or any number of things. I wish people who know nothing would stop speculating and trashing the player.

Fair point. But whatever it is, if we can’t see eye to eye, I think it’s time to move on. I am sure Ashton has other irons in the fire, but they’ll be looking to move elsewhere too if we can’t give them a definitive answer.

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:06 - Jul 20 with 1015 viewsHipsterectomy

Has he even had a preseason with his parent club? Or is there a chance we bring him in during August yet he's not ready until mid/late September

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:07 - Jul 20 with 999 viewsStokieBlue

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:35 - Jul 20 by abracaDOBRA_

He’s off to rangers unless we up our offer.

So Rangers, Europa League finalists think he's good enough to play for them but many of our fans don't think he contributes much, gets lost in games, is lazy and not worth spending decent money on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:08 - Jul 20 with 973 viewsPhilTWTD

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:01 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

For TWTD to understand it's not happening...surely that means someone at Town is monitoring the situation and passing that info on?

We must still have at least a small chance of getting him.

I don't get my info spoon fed by Town!
Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 13:08 - Jul 20 with 956 viewstextbackup

Edvar Celina just posted 'It's not over' on Twitter..... (n/t) on 12:43 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

Good signing for them. They've signed quite a few forward players already this summer, Rabbi Matondo, Tom Lawrence, Mallik Tillman & Antonio Colak, so will be interesting to see how he fits in there, especially when you factor in the likes of Ryan Kent, Alfredo Morelos, Ianis Hagi, Kemar Roofe and Scott Wright all still there as well.

I suppose they've got plenty of cash what with Bassey off to Ajax for the best part of £20m though!

The full back that was brilliant in the final??

Had hoped he’d end up in the prem

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024