Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We will regret Celina... 13:39 - Aug 1 with 6161 viewsITFCBlues

Unless there's someone else of equal quality lined up...

For all the "dominance" we had Saturday in the 2nd half, we still only created 1 notable chance. Isn't going to cut it over the course of the season. Was much like last season in that respect....

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Point of order....4 very good chances Saturday on 16:08 - Aug 1 with 947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Point of order....4 very good chances Saturday on 14:24 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

We were 1.59 vs 0.9 for Bolton (of which i think 0.7ish is their penalty)

Additionally we had 2 free kicks in very good positions and on neither occasion actually had a shot on target. If it is a choice between a creative player (who would have to play in place of one of those we already have) and a goal scorer, there is no doubt where our focus should be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We will regret Celina... on 16:13 - Aug 1 with 929 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We will regret Celina... on 14:54 - Aug 1 by Garv

Big call to make if that's what swayed us not to pursue BC.

He hasn't signed Harness to sit on the bench. There would be little point having John-Jules if we are bringing another player in ahead of him. Aluko and Jackson can play there too. If we were getting Celina, John-Jules would have been pointless.

We will regret Celina... on 16:14 - Aug 1 with 916 viewscressi

We will regret Celina... on 13:41 - Aug 1 by geg1992

I really feel like we miss him and I don't think we will be able to get anybody else of his quality. He is a key to unlocking defences.

Don't think we will think at times
This forum gives him cult status and in my view has not done enough to deserve it why aren't top sides in European leagues looking at him not a tuppence outfit from Turkey
Less fans than col utd
We will regret Celina... on 16:18 - Aug 1 with 878 viewsIllinoisblue

We will regret Celina... on 15:58 - Aug 1 by Garv

Was he guaranteed to have the same record two years running then?

No, why would you think that? He might have done better he might have done worse this season. Instead he chose Turkish Accrington. We move on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We will regret Celina... on 16:23 - Aug 1 with 858 viewsPhilTWTD

We will regret Celina... on 15:08 - Aug 1 by UppaTowen78

Wonder if Harness was the Celina replacement in the end?

I'm sure we were still looking at him after we signed Harness but I suppose that signing and John-Jules looking like he could step straight up may have made him less pivotal than he might have been.
We will regret Celina... on 16:24 - Aug 1 with 852 viewsPhilTWTD

We will regret Celina... on 16:08 - Aug 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

He had Covid, a heart problem and no pre season. These are huge reasons he didn't rip it up for us.

Anyway, we move on... and if that money goes on a proven goal-getter I'll be delighted.

It's now dragged on so he's had no pre-season this summer either, which may also have come into the reckoning.
We will regret Celina... on 16:25 - Aug 1 with 850 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We will regret Celina... on 15:07 - Aug 1 by PhilTWTD

Think that's somewhat harsh. Think he'd be here like a shot if the terms were right.

Thats what doesnt stack up.

He is making a loan move, so wages are not part of the equation. Where ever he goes, Dijon are contracted to pay him his full wage.

If he wanted to come to Ipswich, he could just refuse all other potential move and force Dijon's hand.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We will regret Celina... on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 833 viewsPhilTWTD

We will regret Celina... on 16:25 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats what doesnt stack up.

He is making a loan move, so wages are not part of the equation. Where ever he goes, Dijon are contracted to pay him his full wage.

If he wanted to come to Ipswich, he could just refuse all other potential move and force Dijon's hand.

That's not how it's worked in this instance. Clubs have agreed a deal with Dijon and then talked terms with Celina.
Login to get fewer ads

We will regret Celina... on 16:33 - Aug 1 with 803 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We will regret Celina... on 16:30 - Aug 1 by PhilTWTD

That's not how it's worked in this instance. Clubs have agreed a deal with Dijon and then talked terms with Celina.

He can still say to Dijon 'its Town or nothing'.

They then have two options;

1. He stays at Dijon and they pick up 100% of his wages.

2. He goes to Town and Dijon pick up say 25% of his wages.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We will regret Celina... on 16:37 - Aug 1 with 778 viewscressi

We will regret Celina... on 16:33 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly
We will regret Celina... on 16:42 - Aug 1 with 766 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dijon then don't play him, and his career takes a backward leap.

Perhaps he would rather play football regularly and live in Turkey rather than be training with Dijon youth team on double sessions and never playing.

There is a point at which clubs can't force a player's hand but there are also points at which players can't force the club's too. The better the relationship club and player have, the more likely it will work out well for both.

We will regret Celina... on 16:49 - Aug 1 with 732 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We will regret Celina... on 16:42 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Perhaps he would rather play football regularly and live in Turkey rather than be training with Dijon youth team on double sessions and never playing.

There is a point at which clubs can't force a player's hand but there are also points at which players can't force the club's too. The better the relationship club and player have, the more likely it will work out well for both.

Do you really think Dijon wouldn't play him??!!

c.£20k per week in the bomb squad?

Doubtful.

We will regret Celina... on 16:53 - Aug 1 with 700 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We will regret Celina... on 16:49 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Do you really think Dijon wouldn't play him??!!

c.£20k per week in the bomb squad?

Doubtful.

If he plays awkward with them, yes. This is the whole point. Both parties have to be reasonable. The idea he will put ITFC above his own career is just a fan view.

We will regret Celina... on 16:59 - Aug 1 with 670 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its the option to buy that is knackering it. We didn't have that last year.

We've agreed the loan for the season, and agreed a fee on the option to buy.
Now we've got to agree the wages etc with the player if we exercise the option, or when it comes to it, the player could just say no to the transfer part of it.

We could, go out and get him on loan again I suppose, but Dijon want him gone, not back again in the summer. I rather suspect the wage structure if we are promoted isn't the issue, but the wage structure if we are still in L1 when we sign him on a perm.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 17:00]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We will regret Celina... on 17:00 - Aug 1 with 665 viewsfranz_tyson

We will regret Celina... on 16:42 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

They're desperate to get him off their wage bill. That's a pretty big negotiating hand he's got. If he really wanted to come here he could stress its either US or he's not going anywhere. He's chosen a higher bidder. He's a gun-for-hire and he's chosen to play in front of 2500 fans instead of 25000 for more money. Simple. Why are we making excuses for him? And if he's so good.... why aren't there more clubs in Europe desperate to get hold of him.
We will regret Celina... on 17:01 - Aug 1 with 654 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We will regret Celina... on 16:24 - Aug 1 by PhilTWTD

It's now dragged on so he's had no pre-season this summer either, which may also have come into the reckoning.

No training at Dijon then? Seems a little foolish.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We will regret Celina... on 17:05 - Aug 1 with 640 viewsChrisd

Nah, I don’t think we will, no one is indispensable. Let him go to Turkey.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We will regret Celina... on 17:06 - Aug 1 with 634 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We will regret Celina... on 16:53 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

If he plays awkward with them, yes. This is the whole point. Both parties have to be reasonable. The idea he will put ITFC above his own career is just a fan view.

I didn't suggest he puts Ipswich above his career.

Going to play in Turkey in front of 2,000 is not a career move, that is a backwards move.

I think he could push a move to Ipswich if he was so inclined.

We will have to agree to differ.

We will regret Celina... on 17:12 - Aug 1 with 611 viewsChrisd

We will regret Celina... on 17:00 - Aug 1 by franz_tyson

They're desperate to get him off their wage bill. That's a pretty big negotiating hand he's got. If he really wanted to come here he could stress its either US or he's not going anywhere. He's chosen a higher bidder. He's a gun-for-hire and he's chosen to play in front of 2500 fans instead of 25000 for more money. Simple. Why are we making excuses for him? And if he's so good.... why aren't there more clubs in Europe desperate to get hold of him.

Sorry, but you’ve forgotten about the mighty Stoke and Preston, mid table sides of the Championship.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 17:14]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Point of order....4 very good chances Saturday on 17:31 - Aug 1 with 562 viewsDennyx4

Point of order....4 very good chances Saturday on 14:24 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

We were 1.59 vs 0.9 for Bolton (of which i think 0.7ish is their penalty)

Thanks Joe
We will regret Celina... on 17:40 - Aug 1 with 528 viewsPhilTWTD

We will regret Celina... on 17:01 - Aug 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

No training at Dijon then? Seems a little foolish.

No, he's been in Norway. I think they want rid of him and he doesn't want to go back there.
We will regret Celina... on 17:44 - Aug 1 with 509 viewsSwansea_Blue

We will regret Celina... on 17:40 - Aug 1 by PhilTWTD

No, he's been in Norway. I think they want rid of him and he doesn't want to go back there.

I can't imagine this is doing him any favours. He's already dropped down the international pecking order and this will be setting him back for the start of the new season. Makes you wonder who advises these players (I suspect it's agents driven by short term financial gain, but could be wrong).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We will regret Celina... on 17:51 - Aug 1 with 488 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We will regret Celina... on 17:06 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

I didn't suggest he puts Ipswich above his career.

Going to play in Turkey in front of 2,000 is not a career move, that is a backwards move.

I think he could push a move to Ipswich if he was so inclined.

We will have to agree to differ.

I don't know why the number of fans would determine whether it is a good career move.

Would he be playing as regularly there as here? Would the opposition be at a similar level?

As Phil has confirmed, he is not even training with Dijon at all. If he refuses a move, it will be bad for both him and Dijon. He will go to the club that is keen enough to negotiate a deal that suits Dijon and him. That looks likely to be the Turkish side for whatever reason.

I don't get why he should turn round and refuse that in order for us to get him cheaper. If we are unable or unwilling to pay what Dijon can get for him. Unless, of course, playing in front of 2000 fans somehow makes the Turkish league a lower level than where we are.

We will regret Celina... on 17:58 - Aug 1 with 463 viewsjayessess

We will regret Celina... on 17:44 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

I can't imagine this is doing him any favours. He's already dropped down the international pecking order and this will be setting him back for the start of the new season. Makes you wonder who advises these players (I suspect it's agents driven by short term financial gain, but could be wrong).

Not sure League One vs. Super Lig is quite the slam dunk career choice it's being presented as on here really.

Average attendance is 50-60% higher in the Turkish top division. It's a Band 2 competition for Visa purposes, so if he does want to move back to England regular football there would put him straight with the home office. If he excels with Kasimpasa, it's also possible he attracts the attention of some of the bigger clubs in the league, including Champions League teams. Kasimpasa already have a Kosovan international playing for them, so he'll presumably have at least some information about the club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We will regret Celina... on 18:05 - Aug 1 with 453 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We will regret Celina... on 17:40 - Aug 1 by PhilTWTD

Well that's a right mess then. No pre-season (again) and opting for a tinpot club in Turkey? He and/or his advisors seem to be making some odd decisions that don't bode well for his career long term.

I can only assume the offer we've made is pretty derisory, because turning down a club you and others suggest he has a lot of affection for - and one that looks (hopefully) like it's on the up - for a smaller club than Colchester, in Turkey, doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it. And all the fannying around meaning he misses pre-season - for that. Just weird.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024