Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR 20:05 - Aug 5 with 3321 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Despite it being one of the closest to where I live. Ironic really, that with FGR as the only Carbon neutral football club in the UK, the away fans will be creating a huge carbon footprint getting there from Suffolk. As a silver member, tickets sold out before they got to people like me. I have said on here before that there should be an option for Silver members to get a couple of games per season where they have the same priority as Gold members. Maybe you don't give a flying f**k about climate change. But if my idea was taken up, it would help towards reducing the carbon footprint of football in general. Silver membership seems like just a waste of 30 quid.

Poll: would you rather

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 20:11 - Aug 5 with 2448 viewsnoggin

How often do you travel to home games?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 20:16 - Aug 5 with 2426 viewsSitfcB

Shut up.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 20:18 - Aug 5 with 2416 viewsJ2BLUE

Understand your disappointment but not sure what you expect? We have a big fan base and games like this were never going to get to silver members.

It might be £30 but the home ticket on its own is worth about £25 so not like you've been mugged.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 20:21]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 20:24 - Aug 5 with 2372 viewslizzibee

But that wouldn't be fair on season ticket holders who go to all home games and then on top of that pay for a gold card for the privilege of visiting some of these smaller grounds where capacity is more restricted. I for one would be annoyed if you as a silver card holder got a ticket ahead of me. I'm using the bus so pretty sustainable
Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 20:53 - Aug 5 with 2320 viewsNeedhamChris

Are you going to give a flying f*** about climate change when you drive to the MK Dons game?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 21:03 - Aug 5 with 2296 viewsITFC_Forever

The main reason people get GCs is for ticket priority…. Giving that away devalues that feature.

Unfortunately, while we’re in this division, this will be an issue that will rear its head for the popular away games.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 21:13 - Aug 5 with 2233 viewsBig_Jase

As a gold card member, I couldn’t care less what you think.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 21:43 - Aug 5 with 2132 viewsStokieBlue

This is really bizarre.

You're equating a membership scheme run by the football club you support to climate change and the distance you live from a club you don't support.

It's really odd.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 22:44 - Aug 5 with 1948 viewsStewart27

Just when you think you’d heard it all.
Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 02:04 - Aug 6 with 1776 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can I just ask why me travelling 150 miles round trip every other week just for home games should mean I miss out on limited ticket away games because you live more local? And then why on earth you’re pretending climate change is the reason you want the gold card/silver card rules changed?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 02:28 - Aug 6 with 1759 viewsKropotkin123

I agree. FGR is the closest game for me... 7,750km... and selfish gold members are damaging the environment by preventing me from going.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 06:43 - Aug 6 with 1633 viewstextbackup

If you live so close your postcode would have been accepted in the FGR ticketing system, and you have been able to purchase a tik in the home end, surely?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:23 - Aug 6 with 1576 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

As a general point, irrespective of the climate change issue, Silver Membership in L1 just seems like a waste, because the only point in having it is to get ticket priority, but if the allocations for many games are sold out before ever getting to Silver Members, then it doesn't work. Obviously, the reason Gold card holders have the Gold card is also to get priority for the away games. But the way it is set up is that gold cards get priority at every away game. in my opinion, it would be a better system if Silver holders were allowed to choose 2 or 3 games a season where they get the same ticket priority as a GC. I happen to think that would be a fairer way of doing it (but don't expect many GC holders to agree).
Then this week, reading up about the Zero Carbon approach of FGR made me realise that some clubs are thinking more about the impact that football has on the environment. Having thousands of fans criss-crossing the country every week does result in lots of CO2 production. This would be reduced if there was a way of fans having shorter journeys (amongst other things including mode of transport). Introducing a mechanism that gave a higher ticket priority to fans that live closer to matches would help towards that. Most fans see their loyalty to following their club across the land as so far above environmental concerns that this doesn't even figure in the decision. The closest games to me this season are all at 3 pm on Saturdays, so will all sell out before I get a chance to buy a ticket. Which means I will be creating more CO2 by travelling to games further away if I want to see Town live. Taking CO2 into consideration in which games we all attend is a different way of thinking about match prioritisation. The piece in the Athletic about which grounds (50 including PR) will be suffering annual flooding events by 2050 is sobering. My idea about Silver Cards is just a small step that could be taken towards helping achieve a lower carbon footprint.

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:28 - Aug 6 with 1546 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:23 - Aug 6 by LegendofthePhoenix

As a general point, irrespective of the climate change issue, Silver Membership in L1 just seems like a waste, because the only point in having it is to get ticket priority, but if the allocations for many games are sold out before ever getting to Silver Members, then it doesn't work. Obviously, the reason Gold card holders have the Gold card is also to get priority for the away games. But the way it is set up is that gold cards get priority at every away game. in my opinion, it would be a better system if Silver holders were allowed to choose 2 or 3 games a season where they get the same ticket priority as a GC. I happen to think that would be a fairer way of doing it (but don't expect many GC holders to agree).
Then this week, reading up about the Zero Carbon approach of FGR made me realise that some clubs are thinking more about the impact that football has on the environment. Having thousands of fans criss-crossing the country every week does result in lots of CO2 production. This would be reduced if there was a way of fans having shorter journeys (amongst other things including mode of transport). Introducing a mechanism that gave a higher ticket priority to fans that live closer to matches would help towards that. Most fans see their loyalty to following their club across the land as so far above environmental concerns that this doesn't even figure in the decision. The closest games to me this season are all at 3 pm on Saturdays, so will all sell out before I get a chance to buy a ticket. Which means I will be creating more CO2 by travelling to games further away if I want to see Town live. Taking CO2 into consideration in which games we all attend is a different way of thinking about match prioritisation. The piece in the Athletic about which grounds (50 including PR) will be suffering annual flooding events by 2050 is sobering. My idea about Silver Cards is just a small step that could be taken towards helping achieve a lower carbon footprint.

I strongly suspect that Dale Vincent invented climate change as cover for Forest Green's crap away support!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:40 - Aug 6 with 1530 viewsBluebell

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:23 - Aug 6 by LegendofthePhoenix

I bet you are a laugh at parties!
Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:58 - Aug 6 with 1478 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m a silver card member. I’ve never had an issue getting tickets for away games. Although in fairness FGR was not one of the fixtures I would attend.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:02 - Aug 6 with 1471 viewsEly_Blue

What a complete load of BS, you don’t give a flying fk about climate change really is what I’m guessing, I bet there are no other instances in your life where you apply the same principles.

You’re just having a blub about not being able to get a ticket to a game that is closest to you when you could have got a ticket in the home end if you were that bothered!

I’d love to know what other games that are close to you that you talk of, I’m assuming Cheltenham and Shrewsbury? I’m a ST holder and easily got tickets for Shrewsbury last season, FGR was always going to be a difficult one because it’s a ground that many or most will never have been to

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:05 - Aug 6 with 1466 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 07:58 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I’m a silver card member. I’ve never had an issue getting tickets for away games. Although in fairness FGR was not one of the fixtures I would attend.

No doubt where you live makes a big difference. Oxford and Wycombe, as well as FGR will sell out this season before getting to Silver members. Last year Wycombe was an evening match, so less demand and I got one. Sitting on your hands in the home section is miserable.

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:07 - Aug 6 with 1455 viewsEly_Blue

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:05 - Aug 6 by LegendofthePhoenix

No doubt where you live makes a big difference. Oxford and Wycombe, as well as FGR will sell out this season before getting to Silver members. Last year Wycombe was an evening match, so less demand and I got one. Sitting on your hands in the home section is miserable.

Oh I bet your life is fun!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:08 - Aug 6 with 1455 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 20:16 - Aug 5 by SitfcB

Shut up.

It's a forum

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:19 - Aug 6 with 1422 viewsKellyBBlue

My son now has covid so I now have a spare ticket We are travelling up from Cornwall shortly ( minus my son that is)
Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:22 - Aug 6 with 1401 viewsBig_Jase

I can see from your posting history you were at the game last week, obviously carbon footprint wasn’t an issue for you last week.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:23 - Aug 6 with 1394 viewsunbelievablue

So are you annoyed about not getting a ticket, or climate change?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:32 - Aug 6 with 1364 viewsSaigonTractor

Considering most fans will be getting to away games via some form of public transport the C02 emissions aren't really a big deal.

If everyone was taking one car each you may have a point.
Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 08:33 - Aug 6 with 1353 viewsDubtractor

Haven't been able to get a ticket for FGR on 21:43 - Aug 5 by StokieBlue

This is really bizarre.

You're equating a membership scheme run by the football club you support to climate change and the distance you live from a club you don't support.

It's really odd.

SB

It makes literally no sense at all.

Annoyed that silver membership is pointless - fine, but no one holds a gun to your head to get it.

The climate link is just bizarre, and only applies to this very specific example/game and this supporter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024