Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edmundson 11:58 - Sep 4 with 9364 viewscbower

Any reason not in the 18 or just 'dropped'? Burgess taking his chance but surprised Keogh chosen above Fridge for the bench.

bluescouser

Edmundson on 15:03 - Sep 4 with 2163 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Edmundson on 13:45 - Sep 4 by BondiBlue

He's been dropped twice now so i'd surprised if he was top of the world at the moment.

No dropped. Rotated. KM has said repeatedly that it's a squad game and he doesn't have a first XI per se.

Pretty sure Woolf we as "dropped" in a previous game too and the ITK claimed he was off during the window.
Edmundson on 16:03 - Sep 4 with 2078 viewsBlueBadger

Edmundson on 15:02 - Sep 4 by ibbleobble

Not dropped, rotated; it’s the McKenna way, or something.

TWTD is a weird place. Here we are, top of the division, unbeaten in league games since last season, playing terrific football with a manager who REALLY seems not only highly competent but in it for the long haul and STILL people are determined to look for something, anything to complain, stir and attention seek about.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 16:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Edmundson on 16:09 - Sep 4 with 2059 viewsBiGDonnie

Edmundson on 15:02 - Sep 4 by ibbleobble

Not dropped, rotated; it’s the McKenna way, or something.

Yup it's the KM way. Love it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Edmundson on 16:57 - Sep 4 with 1990 viewsBlueBadger

Edmundson on 13:38 - Sep 4 by marchy

Nah, it's good banter innit? There really is no payoff quite like making someone you'll never see read something, go "oh, that's a pity" and get on with their day.

The quality of trolling on here is really piss poor nowadays. You've either got this tiresome 'not quite trying to be a Norwich fan' thing that Chico and Wallers try or there's tedious semiliterate edglords shilling for far right politicians that haven't got the sense to nt get themselves banned.

The only got troll we have now is Callis.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Edmundson on 17:45 - Sep 4 with 1888 viewsibbleobble

Edmundson on 16:03 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

TWTD is a weird place. Here we are, top of the division, unbeaten in league games since last season, playing terrific football with a manager who REALLY seems not only highly competent but in it for the long haul and STILL people are determined to look for something, anything to complain, stir and attention seek about.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 16:08]

Pot kettle black. You’ve been doing that on here for years with your “football is better”, “100 goals…”, “Cook this, Cook that”.
Edmundson on 18:15 - Sep 4 with 1846 viewsParky

Edmundson on 13:38 - Sep 4 by Kieran_Knows

Just simply dropped this weekend, nothing more than that.

That’s not actually true.
Edmundson on 18:38 - Sep 4 with 1785 viewsclive_baker

Not sure why people are making such a big deal of it. Keogh has come in to bring that bit of experience and leadership in the dressing room, as well as play his part on the pitch, so it’s no surprise he was on the bench. 5 into 4 doesn’t go, and it’s Edmundson missing out for now. There’s no need to have 2 centre halves on the bench. I think he’s a touch unlucky and been a victim of his own ability in that he has probably covered the left hand side because he is the most able, but it’s meant he’s the one giving way for a more naturally left sided Burgess.

We’ve got depth in the squad, inevitably players will sit out when we have a match day limit of 18. Just takes 1 injury across the back 3 and we’ll be grateful for the cover.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 18:39]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edmundson on 20:00 - Sep 4 with 1668 viewsnorfsufblue

If the opposition is expected to get stuck in and mix it and throw it into the box then it's really no surprise we selected a centre back more able to cope with this and Keogh on the bench if a bit of " experience " was needed.... it all worked out fine and Fridge will be back when required.
Login to get fewer ads

Edmundson on 21:11 - Sep 4 with 1565 viewsgrow_our_own

Edmundson on 20:00 - Sep 4 by norfsufblue

If the opposition is expected to get stuck in and mix it and throw it into the box then it's really no surprise we selected a centre back more able to cope with this and Keogh on the bench if a bit of " experience " was needed.... it all worked out fine and Fridge will be back when required.

Dissapointed if Edmundson was dropped. Left footed or not, Burgess makes more mistakes than Edmundson. Got bullied by Ironside at Cambridge. Our downturn in form towards the end of last season occurred when Burgess was reintroduced to the team. His reckless sending off at Shrewsbury was the final nail in our playoff chances. Edmundson has the same brawn, is more mobile and has a cooler head.
If McK doesn't agree, I hope Burgess proves me wrong.
Edmundson on 21:18 - Sep 4 with 1540 viewsWicklowBlue

Edmundson on 21:11 - Sep 4 by grow_our_own

Dissapointed if Edmundson was dropped. Left footed or not, Burgess makes more mistakes than Edmundson. Got bullied by Ironside at Cambridge. Our downturn in form towards the end of last season occurred when Burgess was reintroduced to the team. His reckless sending off at Shrewsbury was the final nail in our playoff chances. Edmundson has the same brawn, is more mobile and has a cooler head.

How did Burgess do yesterday? I'm all for competition for places and if that affords time for the Fridge to get back to 100% perfect.

As noted in this thread, gone are the days where we had a first 11 miles in front of the next 11 waiting for a chance or fed up angling for a move elsewhere. Game time for the whole squad keeps them motivated and I'm all for it. Play the team who suits your opponents not many Clubs in L1 have this luxury.

In the mid term I do feel Keogh is going to get on the pitch and is going to be hard to dislodge. Up to the Fridge and Woolfy to prevent that imho.
Edmundson on 21:23 - Sep 4 with 1527 viewsGlasgowBlue

Edmundson on 21:11 - Sep 4 by grow_our_own

Burgess put in a near flawless performance yesterday. Won everything in th air and his distribution wasn't bad either.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Isn't it just that Burgess is playing very well and suits certain opponents? on 21:39 - Sep 4 with 1476 viewsGeomorph

Isn't it just that Burgess is playing very well and suits certain opponents? on 13:53 - Sep 4 by BondiBlue

He was really bad at burton. Looked completely lost. Either unfit or something else going on. He's better than he's showing.

In any case… if he isn’t p1ssing in the circle he can do one. This needs 100 percent from every squad member. Would guess all is cool however
Isn't it just that Burgess is playing very well and suits certain opponents? on 21:46 - Sep 4 with 1454 viewsChurchman

Isn't it just that Burgess is playing very well and suits certain opponents? on 13:59 - Sep 4 by hoppy

It’s almost like he’d missed a large chunk of the end of last season with a serious injury and still on his way back, gaining match sharpness, isn’t it?

For goodness sake don’t come out with a sensible rationale like that. It’ll never catch on.
Edmundson on 22:59 - Sep 4 with 1348 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Edmundson on 14:56 - Sep 4 by dominiciawful

McKenna isn’t a fan of his Indesit-sion on the ball. He’d rather someone a bit more no-nonsense who would just go “Bosch!” It’s been a bit of a Hotpoint among dressing room discussions. Plus, Edmundson has a Smeg problem.

Sounds just about credable.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Edmundson on 23:06 - Sep 4 with 1331 viewsBondiBlue

Edmundson on 18:38 - Sep 4 by clive_baker

Not sure why people are making such a big deal of it. Keogh has come in to bring that bit of experience and leadership in the dressing room, as well as play his part on the pitch, so it’s no surprise he was on the bench. 5 into 4 doesn’t go, and it’s Edmundson missing out for now. There’s no need to have 2 centre halves on the bench. I think he’s a touch unlucky and been a victim of his own ability in that he has probably covered the left hand side because he is the most able, but it’s meant he’s the one giving way for a more naturally left sided Burgess.

We’ve got depth in the squad, inevitably players will sit out when we have a match day limit of 18. Just takes 1 injury across the back 3 and we’ll be grateful for the cover.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 18:39]

I think i'm concerned because we paid 750k for him from a big club and his form has dipped to the extent that a 36-year old is preferred as bench option. Edmundson is an old-school no-nonsense defender, not a ball-player like woolfenden. If we're concerned about accrington's physicality, it makes way more sense thst we 'rotate' woolfenden.

Also, the word rotation was invented to explain why someone who had a good game the week before found themselves on the bench. If you have a terrible game and then don't play the next one, i think that's being dropped.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Edmundson on 23:11 - Sep 4 with 1317 viewshoppy

Edmundson on 23:06 - Sep 4 by BondiBlue

I think i'm concerned because we paid 750k for him from a big club and his form has dipped to the extent that a 36-year old is preferred as bench option. Edmundson is an old-school no-nonsense defender, not a ball-player like woolfenden. If we're concerned about accrington's physicality, it makes way more sense thst we 'rotate' woolfenden.

Also, the word rotation was invented to explain why someone who had a good game the week before found themselves on the bench. If you have a terrible game and then don't play the next one, i think that's being dropped.

I know, it's dipped really badly, hasn't it? It’s almost like he’d missed a large chunk of the end of last season with a serious injury and still on his way back, gaining match sharpness, isn’t it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Edmundson on 23:19 - Sep 4 with 1301 viewsWallingford_Boy

Edmundson on 13:32 - Sep 4 by Illinoisblue

Like Wally, he’s desperate for attention. There’s a sadness and inadequacy in all their posts.

I think you’ll find my last post, which is within this thread, was simple and informative.

Go pick on someone your own size!

RIP Sir Bobby

Edmundson on 23:22 - Sep 4 with 1281 viewsWallingford_Boy

Edmundson on 16:57 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

The quality of trolling on here is really piss poor nowadays. You've either got this tiresome 'not quite trying to be a Norwich fan' thing that Chico and Wallers try or there's tedious semiliterate edglords shilling for far right politicians that haven't got the sense to nt get themselves banned.

The only got troll we have now is Callis.

Try posting without saying the phrase “edgelord”, I dare ya!

RIP Sir Bobby

Edmundson on 23:25 - Sep 4 with 1274 viewsBondiBlue

Edmundson on 23:11 - Sep 4 by hoppy

I know, it's dipped really badly, hasn't it? It’s almost like he’d missed a large chunk of the end of last season with a serious injury and still on his way back, gaining match sharpness, isn’t it?

I think there's an echo in here.

Edmundson on 23:28 - Sep 4 with 1267 viewsGeomorph

Edmundson on 23:19 - Sep 4 by Wallingford_Boy

I think you’ll find my last post, which is within this thread, was simple and informative.

Lived in Wallingford for a year back in the late 80s… more atmosphere on the moon
Edmundson on 01:15 - Sep 5 with 1195 viewsIllinoisblue

Edmundson on 23:19 - Sep 4 by Wallingford_Boy

The one where you continued your weird Jackson obsession? That one?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Edmundson on 08:54 - Sep 5 with 989 viewsclive_baker

‘A 36 year old’ being the guy that played 30 times in the Championship last season and has spent his whole career at a higher level than this one. I think Keogh deserves a bit more respect. Despite that, Edmundson has started more games than Keogh since he was brought in.

Edmundson’s 25, we’re in a fortunate position where we have a lot of depth in that department but he’ll play his part this season, he’s a very good player who has largely been played out of position in his time here. A lot of fans seem very reactionary, wait until Burgess has an off day, he’ll be the pits and people will be wanting rid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edmundson on 08:55 - Sep 5 with 985 viewsCityBlue

Fridge is happy and settled here, and Burgess is the aerial master and hence brought in today. Will no doubt flex vs Cambridge on Saturday.

I T I D

Edmundson on 10:40 - Sep 5 with 875 viewsBondiBlue

Edmundson on 08:54 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

‘A 36 year old’ being the guy that played 30 times in the Championship last season and has spent his whole career at a higher level than this one. I think Keogh deserves a bit more respect. Despite that, Edmundson has started more games than Keogh since he was brought in.

Edmundson’s 25, we’re in a fortunate position where we have a lot of depth in that department but he’ll play his part this season, he’s a very good player who has largely been played out of position in his time here. A lot of fans seem very reactionary, wait until Burgess has an off day, he’ll be the pits and people will be wanting rid.

My reference to keogh's age was not a dig at keogh. I was making the point that (surely) we would all expect edmundson to be higher in the pecking order given his age, pedigree and status at the club (he's captained the team before). I'm also not suggesting we get rid of edmundson, just wondering aloud what's going on.

It might help if some explained the rules of tbis messageboard to me. We're not allowed to ask questions when we're winning, and we're not allowed to see positives when we're losing, is that it? I do wonder if ashton's request to stop leaking transfers has got to some of you. We don't need to act as if all the staff and players are reading this with their little black books out. It's an internet messageboard - it's ok to speculate.

Edmundson on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 872 viewsitfcjoe

Woolfie doesn't get rotated because he's our best defender both on and off the ball and so vital to how we play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024