Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball 19:12 - Oct 1 with 3214 viewscarlisleaway

Would not have been so happy if Portsmouth had scored in the 8th minute of extra time
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:13 - Oct 1 with 2519 viewsITFC_Forever

After all the antics Cowley pulls, it was just desserts.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:15 - Oct 1 with 2478 viewslazyblue

I’m glad to see it , not nearly as bad as Sheffield Wed fans and Danny Cowley deserves it back at him.
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:17 - Oct 1 with 2444 viewsGeoffSentence

Well we're all different. I fwcking loved it

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:20 - Oct 1 with 2411 viewsSitfcB

But they didn’t.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:20 - Oct 1 with 2408 viewsJ2BLUE

Personally I don't think there's any net benefit but if it was a one off then great. Anything that winds Cowley up is good.

I would rather it didn't become a feature at every game. We don't need it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:24 - Oct 1 with 2357 viewssohamblue74

I thought it was brilliant. Great to see the Cobbold Stand getting involved too. Delicious irony to give Cowley a taste of his own sh1tty medicine. Great game management on the pitch also, with a few injuries and subs too. At last we showed that we can close games out.
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:29 - Oct 1 with 2302 viewsyesjohn99

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:24 - Oct 1 by sohamblue74

I thought it was brilliant. Great to see the Cobbold Stand getting involved too. Delicious irony to give Cowley a taste of his own sh1tty medicine. Great game management on the pitch also, with a few injuries and subs too. At last we showed that we can close games out.

Nail on head.
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:32 - Oct 1 with 2272 viewspointofblue

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:13 - Oct 1 by ITFC_Forever

After all the antics Cowley pulls, it was just desserts.

We could rise above it.

Though I did like the irony of Portsmouth trying to time waste from the first minute and then it being turned back on them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:37 - Oct 1 with 2229 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Whatever, how many actual professionals waste time at PR. There was always going to be 6+ I thought anyway, subs and a long second half injury stoppage at 1-1.
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:40 - Oct 1 with 2176 viewsStewart27

Shut up
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:51 - Oct 1 with 2069 viewsKropotkin123

Stopped their momentum. Would have been more effective throwing the ball in the opposite direction though, in terms of wasting time. Them scoring in the 98th min would have been no difference to the 90th, as it is the same in play time.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:00 - Oct 1 with 2036 viewsWickets

So all the people who have down arrowed you would have been happy if Pompey had scored in the 8th minute of extra time ? bit odd !
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:01 - Oct 1 with 2014 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:00 - Oct 1 by Wickets

So all the people who have down arrowed you would have been happy if Pompey had scored in the 8th minute of extra time ? bit odd !

Or maybe there was a whole post before that statement which they have reacted to?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:03 - Oct 1 with 1989 viewsRonFearonsHair

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 19:24 - Oct 1 by sohamblue74

Not ashamed to say I actually celebrated Edmundson getting ‘cramp’.
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:04 - Oct 1 with 1975 viewspennblue

There is a huge issue we have in football where teams are wasting time.

Players going down in key moments in games and subs walking off slowly, goalkeepers taking time etc

The EFL have not got on top of this and i guess the fans have had enough

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:06 - Oct 1 with 1928 viewsTrequartista

It doesn't make any difference. Pompey would still be scoring in the last minute whether you keep the ball or not. It would just be the 6th minute of extra time instead of the eighth. The only difference is that it breaks up momentum.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:06 - Oct 1 with 1917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:04 - Oct 1 by pennblue

There is a huge issue we have in football where teams are wasting time.

Players going down in key moments in games and subs walking off slowly, goalkeepers taking time etc

The EFL have not got on top of this and i guess the fans have had enough

Especially when it is against a Cowley team that started time wasting from the first moment their goalkeeper had the ball and only stopped for the spells when they were behind.

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:07 - Oct 1 with 1909 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn’t see it, but in general fans who hold onto the ball look like tvvats. But then it was the Cowleys, so I’m sure we can allow an exception. If it happened.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1820 viewsbazza

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:03 - Oct 1 by RonFearonsHair

Not ashamed to say I actually celebrated Edmundson getting ‘cramp’.

Brilliant!!😂
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:06 - Oct 1 by Trequartista

It doesn't make any difference. Pompey would still be scoring in the last minute whether you keep the ball or not. It would just be the 6th minute of extra time instead of the eighth. The only difference is that it breaks up momentum.

This is the main reason teams like Cowley's do it. There is a degree to which referees never add on as much as is wasted but the breaking up of play and allowing the team to organise themselves are the main points. If they get the ball straight away and take a quick throw they carry on the momentum. Allow us to mark up, everyone get into position and then take the throw in or whatever, and they are struggling to get out of the corner.

It is not something I would want to see as a matter of routine but against a Cowley team that came to waste time and play for a draw from the off, it had a delicious irony about it really.

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:35 - Oct 1 with 1717 viewsTresBonne

More TWTD grumpsters, never change
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:39 - Oct 1 with 1681 viewsitfc_bucks

Sod off mate.

Pompey came to play a draw and were working the clock from kick off.
Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:45 - Oct 1 with 1630 viewsArnieM

I’d say it’s far more embarrassing watching opponents time waste in first half of games at OR, I’m sick of seeing it and refs doing f l uck all about it . So as KMcK said, the irony was not lost on him . Bloody good job …nice see the Pompey players getting frustrated. They came here like so many sides do to frustrate and play the shyte housery game… well see how they like it ! F l uk em.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 20:48 - Oct 1 with 1618 viewsArnieM

Do you think the ref would have given them a 3rd penalty then? Coz they’d not managed a shot on target in open play. How the hell are they in the top 6?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Embarrassing watching our fans keep the ball on 21:06 - Oct 1 with 1565 viewsSwansea_Blue

Balls, I’m on the same side as DaveU.

But my rationale is sound. McKenna wanted the ball back in play, so that’s good enough for me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024