Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? 18:47 - Oct 3 with 2834 viewsbluelagos

According to his wiki page, Kwasi got a first in classics from Trinity college, Cambridge. Then he studied at Harvard and ended up with a PhD.

Although he went to Eton, that was on a scholarship, so no silver spoon, all on merit.

Anyone wish to claim higher/better academic achievement?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 18:51 - Oct 3 with 2119 viewsBlueBadger

I can walk down the street and chew gum at the same time, so this probably makes me qualified to be chancellor than him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 18:53 - Oct 3 with 2102 viewsbungaytractor

How is learning old stories a real degree what use is that in the real world
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:23 - Oct 3 with 2054 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I got my 100m swimming badge?
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 2040 viewsChurchman

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:23 - Oct 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I got my 100m swimming badge?

I got a silver survival award which trumps your 100m badge. Yes!
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 2047 viewsCoastalblue

It does suggest he's not stupid, however 'book smart' doesn't always equate to success solving problems in the real world.

I think it will take more than a 1st from Cambridge and Harvard to get us out of this.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 2034 viewsPendejo

I've never tanked the economy, I'm sure that makes me cleverer.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 2037 viewsjontysnut

He's got a degree in economics
Maths, physics and bionics
He thinks that I'm a cabbage
'Cause I hate University Challenge
Even at the age of ten
Smart boy Kwazi was a smart boy then
He always beat me at Subbuteo
'Cause he 'flicked to kick'
And I didn't know
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:36 - Oct 3 with 2025 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Yes, Right. You Bloo Right. Twice candidate for the County Council elections, defeated, Hon. Sec. British Legion, Earls Court Branch, treasurer of the darts team and the outings committee.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 1992 viewsChurchman

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 by Coastalblue

It does suggest he's not stupid, however 'book smart' doesn't always equate to success solving problems in the real world.

I think it will take more than a 1st from Cambridge and Harvard to get us out of this.

I think this is the point. He’s undoubtably a high achiever academically. I’ve met many people far more qualified than me in that way over the years, but skill sets to do most jobs requires a lot more than that.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 21:04 - Oct 3 with 1925 viewsXYZ

Are you implying that it's more likely that he understood the likely consequences of his actions?

He caused the damage to the country knowingly rather than accidentally?
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 21:38 - Oct 3 with 1863 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve got more degrees than him, but he sounds far brighter academically. It’s meaningless though, as his academic background isn’t relevant to his day job. He’s not stupid, but his slavish devotion to BJ and now his ideology/devotion to Truss have made him look like an idiot. The system and ambition corrupts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 21:41 - Oct 3 with 1844 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:34 - Oct 3 by jontysnut

Even at the age of ten
And I didn't know

Beautiful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 21:56 - Oct 3 with 1801 viewsPlums

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 21:38 - Oct 3 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve got more degrees than him, but he sounds far brighter academically. It’s meaningless though, as his academic background isn’t relevant to his day job. He’s not stupid, but his slavish devotion to BJ and now his ideology/devotion to Truss have made him look like an idiot. The system and ambition corrupts.

Furthermore, isn't his PhD in 17th century currency which is being spun into 'economics' for the consumption of the great unwashed?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 22:39 - Oct 3 with 1737 viewsRoyal_Blue

As the great Denis Skinner said (about George Osborne) 'He is educated beyond his intelligence'.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 23:58 - Oct 3 with 1663 viewsTrequartista

What sort of classics - Classic 70s comedy? Classic 50s automobiles?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 00:10 - Oct 4 with 1649 viewstractordownsouth

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 by Pendejo

I've never tanked the economy, I'm sure that makes me cleverer.

*More cleverer

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 00:16 - Oct 4 with 1641 viewsBLUEGOLD

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:34 - Oct 3 by jontysnut

Even at the age of ten
And I didn't know

Perfect Kevin
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 07:08 - Oct 4 with 1517 viewsitfcjoe

I think a stretch to suggest Eton fully on merit when he’d been to the same prep school as George Osborne, Nat Rothschild and the like…..he wasn’t some kid plucked out of Tower Hamlets.

Clearly highly intelligent, but it doesn’t matter how intelligent you are because if you don’t understand your own intelligence level it will always lead to issues and he clearly thinks he is smarter than he is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 07:52 - Oct 4 with 1444 viewsDanTheMan

He did go to what looks to be quite an expensive prep school, so, as someone said, it's not exactly up from dirt poor. Not billionaire levels but presumably a well-off family.

Can't say I bothered much more with academics after my degree, not much point given what I wanted to do. Might do a targeted Masters later in life but not right now.

Interestingly he seems to have done classics and then economic history so nothing too practical.

People crossing disciplines (especially at PhD level) rarely ends well. Dr Oz is an interesting one for example. Apparently an incredibly talented surgeon who has completely lost his mind.

Often see it in history as well, scientists having a go at writing pop-history books that whilst entertaining aren't well respected.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 08:26 - Oct 4 with 1396 viewsElephantintheRoom

My rooster is more intelligent than Kwarteng. He may be a cock but he knows what time of day it is

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 08:43 - Oct 4 with 1359 viewsSonOfSpock

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 by Churchman

I got a silver survival award which trumps your 100m badge. Yes!

I hope this was wearing pyjamas!
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 10:15 - Oct 4 with 1271 viewsChurchman

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 08:43 - Oct 4 by SonOfSpock

I hope this was wearing pyjamas!

Oh yes! It’s an age ago but I remember having to tread water in them. Then you had to make a float out of the bottoms. Tie a knot in each leg and fwap it onto the water. Job done. Other bits were a long swim and the lifesaving element if memory serves me right.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 10:23 - Oct 4 with 1254 viewsCotty

I can't answer this post without sounding like a dick
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 10:29 - Oct 4 with 1241 viewsChurchman

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 10:23 - Oct 4 by Cotty

I can't answer this post without sounding like a dick

Just say it depends on your definition of klever.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 11:55 - Oct 4 with 1166 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 19:29 - Oct 3 by Coastalblue

Indeed, he & Truss have clearly shown in the mini-budget that they have next to no political judgement. Which is a little worrying given that they hold the 2 most important positions in the Cabinet. However, there will be a chance to turf them out in 2 years, assuming they both last that long.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024