Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... 09:56 - Oct 10 with 4332 viewsJackSted

Let the linking rumours begin

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:03 - Oct 10 with 2949 viewsRobTheMonk

I think we're safe with Mckenna until the end of the season. If he gets us up, it's a payday and he becomes a club legend for saving us from the dross that came before.

It's logical for him to stay put at the moment.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:03 - Oct 10 with 2940 viewsOwainG1992

My first thought was McKenna 😂
Thankfully it sounds like they have out of touch owners who don't know what they are doing.
I'd anticipate they go for a "name" rather than the right choice.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:04 - Oct 10 with 2932 viewsitfcjoe

Not one I'm worried about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 2875 viewsChurchman

The annoying Steve Bruce has managed 12 clubs in his management career. I’m amazed how he’s kept getting jobs given how mediocre he’s been. Big name, I suppose.

I’d be very surprised if KM took that job on. What’s to be gained upping sticks and going there?
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 2857 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:03 - Oct 10 by OwainG1992

Thankfully it sounds like they have out of touch owners who don't know what they are doing.

Dyche.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:11 - Oct 10 with 2850 viewsmrfixit426

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:03 - Oct 10 by OwainG1992

This.

Albion have been operating the manager merry-go-round for the longest time. The previous names speak for themselves. Pulis, Pearson, Pardew, Allardyce, Bruce etc.

They won't think outside the box, much like Evans when he was here.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 10:11]
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:12 - Oct 10 with 2830 viewsKeno

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:11 - Oct 10 by mrfixit426

This.

Albion have been operating the manager merry-go-round for the longest time. The previous names speak for themselves. Pulis, Pearson, Pardew, Allardyce, Bruce etc.

Lamburk?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:13 - Oct 10 with 2828 viewsitfcjoe

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:11 - Oct 10 by mrfixit426

This.

I reckon they'll try and go 'young and hungry', put too much pressure on for instant results and then end up with a vacancy within a year

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:14 - Oct 10 with 2809 viewsmrfixit426

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:13 - Oct 10 by itfcjoe

I reckon they'll try and go 'young and hungry', put too much pressure on for instant results and then end up with a vacancy within a year

I see what you did there.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:18 - Oct 10 with 2776 viewsSimonds92

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:04 - Oct 10 by itfcjoe

Strangely this is the one that has been the only vacancy concerning me and its been pretty inevitable, Bruce is outdated in terms of style and no longer gets results. WBA are wiilling to take a chance on a manager as they did with the guy from Barnsley. I imagine they still have a decent amount of money to spend as well. But it is like completely starting again.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:20 - Oct 10 with 2753 viewsitfcjoe

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:18 - Oct 10 by Simonds92

Strangely this is the one that has been the only vacancy concerning me and its been pretty inevitable, Bruce is outdated in terms of style and no longer gets results. WBA are wiilling to take a chance on a manager as they did with the guy from Barnsley. I imagine they still have a decent amount of money to spend as well. But it is like completely starting again.

Last year of Parachutes, sack managers quickly, high expectations, would be a bad move for McK and he'll be aware of that because Ashton, O'Leary etc still have lots of contacts there

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:23 - Oct 10 with 2716 viewsketton_itfc

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:18 - Oct 10 by Simonds92

I think they're skint. I've no worries about them. And even if they had the money, why on earth would McKenna go there after what's happening here?

I think we're ok at least until next summer, depending on if we get promotion etc.
22093 average versus 25298.. I agree West Brom not one to be concerned about! (n/t) on 10:23 - Oct 10 with 2709 viewsunstableblue

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:04 - Oct 10 by itfcjoe

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:26 - Oct 10 with 2677 viewsclive_baker

Even if they were interested, I'm not sure it's that appealing a job given what's going on here at the moment. There's only 3 clubs between us in the pyramid as it stands anyway.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:28 - Oct 10 with 2638 viewsITFC_RDM

Can't ever seeing him going to a club struggling in the Championship, as things stand. Especially a smaller club than us.
He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 10:35 - Oct 10 with 2562 viewsunstableblue

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:03 - Oct 10 by RobTheMonk

I think we're safe with Mckenna until the end of the season. If he gets us up, it's a payday and he becomes a club legend for saving us from the dross that came before.

It's logical for him to stay put at the moment.

His young family have moved into local schools and he’s bought in a lovely part of Town

He’s being well backed, and given how Ashton has become fairly anonymous he is being left to run the footballing side completely

Critically though the Ipswich project allows him to continue to hone his skills and gain experience to grow as a manager

Can he promote a club from League One? Can he the. Develop and grow that team to challenge in the competitive Championship, can he then make a huge step and get that club promoted

With very little pressure of interference

Add into that the Robson/Ramsey history… the passion for the club locally, the ridiculous crowds, the excitement and connection with fans

He’ll be here until at least we’ve had a high finish in the championship, if not beyond

Graham Potter is 47 and had had 50+ championship games managing Swansea and 135 premier league games for Brighton before the big move to Chelsea

We are a bigger club historically and fan base wise than Brighton

My sense is McKenna will leave for a top club, once he’s proven himself at championship level over a few seasons, or once town are in the premier league

I hope I’m right

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:35 - Oct 10 with 2558 viewsMattinLondon

If they have any sense they’ll get Mick in until the end of the season. It won’t be pretty but he’ll stabilise them and then they can start again in the summer.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:38 - Oct 10 with 2518 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Maybe this will give him time to work on a fourth and final installment of his murder mystery series. Fingers crossed.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:39 - Oct 10 with 2479 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Not a chance he'd go there. Can't see him going anywhere in the Championship actually.
He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 10:40 - Oct 10 with 2476 viewsclive_baker

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 10:35 - Oct 10 by unstableblue

His young family have moved into local schools and he’s bought in a lovely part of Town

He’s being well backed, and given how Ashton has become fairly anonymous he is being left to run the footballing side completely

Critically though the Ipswich project allows him to continue to hone his skills and gain experience to grow as a manager

Can he promote a club from League One? Can he the. Develop and grow that team to challenge in the competitive Championship, can he then make a huge step and get that club promoted

With very little pressure of interference

Add into that the Robson/Ramsey history… the passion for the club locally, the ridiculous crowds, the excitement and connection with fans

He’ll be here until at least we’ve had a high finish in the championship, if not beyond

Graham Potter is 47 and had had 50+ championship games managing Swansea and 135 premier league games for Brighton before the big move to Chelsea

We are a bigger club historically and fan base wise than Brighton

My sense is McKenna will leave for a top club, once he’s proven himself at championship level over a few seasons, or once town are in the premier league

I hope I’m right

Agree with all of that. Would be incredibly short sighted to cash his chips after 10 months for a struggling Championship club. This Ipswich job can be an incredible 'CV stamp' for him if he gets us up and gets us competitive in the league above. There's no reason why we can't be above WBA this time next year.

I think KM's upward move from Town will be to the Premier League, and good luck to him when that time comes.

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:43 - Oct 10 with 2433 viewsChurchman

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:35 - Oct 10 by MattinLondon

If they have any sense they’ll get Mick in until the end of the season. It won’t be pretty but he’ll stabilise them and then they can start again in the summer.

Looking at one of their forums, the betting contains the list of usual suspects, including McCarthy and Keane. One person wants Scott Parker crossed off the list because of ‘that stupid ffing cardigan’. It’s a good point.

McCarthy at 63. Would it work? The game has moved on since he came here and his last job at Cardiff ended spectacularly badly.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:46 - Oct 10 with 2389 viewsMattinLondon

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:43 - Oct 10 by Churchman

Looking at one of their forums, the betting contains the list of usual suspects, including McCarthy and Keane. One person wants Scott Parker crossed off the list because of ‘that stupid ffing cardigan’. It’s a good point.

McCarthy at 63. Would it work? The game has moved on since he came here and his last job at Cardiff ended spectacularly badly.

Because they kept him on for longer than what his honeymoon time runs for. In now, out at the end of the season.

He is excellent at keeping teams up.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:47 - Oct 10 with 2383 viewsclive_baker

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:43 - Oct 10 by Churchman

An ex. Wolves manager going to West Brom would be interesting. I dare say he would keep them up, so if it's a quick fix they're after they could do worse. Having said that I think they'll stay up anyway, so probably want to be looking beyond the end of their noses and appointing someone with next season in mind.

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:47 - Oct 10 with 2382 viewsiamipswich

Think they'll go for Wilder or Dyche tbh

Poll: Who will return first?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:49 - Oct 10 with 2373 viewstractordownsouth

An Ipswich manager is the favourite

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/west-bromwich-albion

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024