Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... 09:56 - Oct 10 with 4338 viewsJackSted

Let the linking rumours begin

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:50 - Oct 10 with 1328 viewsSomethingBlue

Won't happen — they are not well run, are not particularly well set for a quick turnaround (by which I mean promotion), and we're a bigger club anyway.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:51 - Oct 10 with 1317 viewsclive_baker

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:49 - Oct 10 by tractordownsouth

An Ipswich manager is the favourite

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/west-bromwich-albion

If they go for Keane over Dyche they deserve everything coming to them. Ludicrous.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:53 - Oct 10 with 1298 viewstractordownsouth

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:47 - Oct 10 by iamipswich

Think they'll go for Wilder or Dyche tbh

It does seem like the type of club Dyche or Wilder would do well at.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:11 - Oct 10 with 1234 viewsnodge_blue

Right now he's not going to a Championship club. No way. I very much doubt he'll go anywhere in the next 18 months unless a really big side came in.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:15 - Oct 10 with 1217 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If they took Schumacher from Plymouth that would be brilliant!
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:16 - Oct 10 with 1218 viewsGeoffSentence

You'd think that any higher division club scouting the lower leagues for a good manager would be taking a good look at Schumacher from Plymouth before McKenna. He's done a really impressive job there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:17 - Oct 10 with 1214 viewshoppy

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:47 - Oct 10 by clive_baker

An ex. Wolves manager going to West Brom would be interesting. I dare say he would keep them up, so if it's a quick fix they're after they could do worse. Having said that I think they'll stay up anyway, so probably want to be looking beyond the end of their noses and appointing someone with next season in mind.

Well Steve Bruce had previously been at Birmingham City and Aston Villa, and still got the West Brom job.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:20 - Oct 10 with 1195 viewsclive_baker

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:17 - Oct 10 by hoppy

Well Steve Bruce had previously been at Birmingham City and Aston Villa, and still got the West Brom job.

That's true, went down like a sh1t sandwich amongst some of their fans though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 11:24 - Oct 10 with 1183 viewsunstableblue

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 10:40 - Oct 10 by clive_baker

Agree with all of that. Would be incredibly short sighted to cash his chips after 10 months for a struggling Championship club. This Ipswich job can be an incredible 'CV stamp' for him if he gets us up and gets us competitive in the league above. There's no reason why we can't be above WBA this time next year.

I think KM's upward move from Town will be to the Premier League, and good luck to him when that time comes.

Adding to our aligned thoughts on this…

His next step is perhaps to a top premier league club… I don’t think that’s a Bournemouth, a Fulham, a Brentford, a Palace, a Brighton… maybe not even a Wolves… it’s a Villa, a West Ham, a Leeds, a Leicester or beyond, bigger clubs than Ipswich

Not sure his CV is anywhere near strong enough, despite the obvious qualities he is showing, that one of those mid to top sized premier league clubs would come in for him

McKenna would have to have achieved a very strong Championship season playing very good football to even be inconsideration, because for those clubs you start coming up against continental managers

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:30 - Oct 10 with 1158 viewscooperd5

Paul Hirst is 33/1 outsider!!
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:30 - Oct 10 with 1157 viewsHipsterectomy

No idea how Roy Keane is always top 2 or 3 in new manager bets. He hasn’t managed in over 10 years, was dreadful in his last manager job and has regularly said if/when he returns to management it must be a perfect set up for him

Is he even a viable name for people to put a few quid on and improve his odds? Might as well do Paul Hurst

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 11:41 - Oct 10 with 1132 viewsitfcjoe

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 11:24 - Oct 10 by unstableblue

Adding to our aligned thoughts on this…

His next step is perhaps to a top premier league club… I don’t think that’s a Bournemouth, a Fulham, a Brentford, a Palace, a Brighton… maybe not even a Wolves… it’s a Villa, a West Ham, a Leeds, a Leicester or beyond, bigger clubs than Ipswich

Not sure his CV is anywhere near strong enough, despite the obvious qualities he is showing, that one of those mid to top sized premier league clubs would come in for him

McKenna would have to have achieved a very strong Championship season playing very good football to even be inconsideration, because for those clubs you start coming up against continental managers

There are 44 clubs above us in the pyramid

Of those you've got probably 9-10 who wouldn't consider him
(Big 6, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, etc)

Then you've got at least a 15 Champ clubs that he wouldn't consider
(Those with 10-12k fans, way less potential, smaller budgets)

Leaves about 15 clubs in the middle - and think he'd only consider them if on the up or in a good financial position, and they'd only consider him if he does a bit more

It's a very slim chance that right situation comes up - someone like Soton might be it but think we'll be ok

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 11:44 - Oct 10 with 1096 viewsKeno

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 11:41 - Oct 10 by itfcjoe

There are 44 clubs above us in the pyramid

Of those you've got probably 9-10 who wouldn't consider him
(Big 6, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, etc)

Then you've got at least a 15 Champ clubs that he wouldn't consider
(Those with 10-12k fans, way less potential, smaller budgets)

Leaves about 15 clubs in the middle - and think he'd only consider them if on the up or in a good financial position, and they'd only consider him if he does a bit more

It's a very slim chance that right situation comes up - someone like Soton might be it but think we'll be ok

The other "wildcard" in that mix could be Celtic

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 11:46 - Oct 10 with 1086 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wasn't roy keane at one of their games recently?,

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 12:51 - Oct 10 with 995 viewsitfcjoe

He’s 36… he’s got the perfect club and situation to develop, he’ll stay on 11:44 - Oct 10 by Keno

The other "wildcard" in that mix could be Celtic

Very true, Ange is doing a great job there currently but if he takes the Gerrard route out to the old firm then guess it would be a very attractive job, or Rangers would, depending on what side he and his family are on with their NI heritage

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 12:58 - Oct 10 with 980 viewsVic

Why KM and not the Plymouth manager?

I just can't see KM being tempted by any other position at the moment. He's got a good head on him and he knows that he's still a rookie who hasn't actually achieved anything yet.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 13:09 - Oct 10 with 954 viewsITFC_Forever

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:35 - Oct 10 by MattinLondon

If they have any sense they’ll get Mick in until the end of the season. It won’t be pretty but he’ll stabilise them and then they can start again in the summer.

Yep, their fans would love an ex-Wolves manager….

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 13:18 - Oct 10 with 935 viewsSE1blue

I’d be amazed if McKenna went to WBA or anyone similar because:

1. He probably could’ve gone to one of these kind of clubs directly from Man Utd had he wanted to. He didn’t. He chose to drop two leagues and come to us to learn.
2. He seems to have a mentality of growth and working to strengths (players and himself) - WBA doesn’t offer that.
3. Ted Lasso Factor - life for him and those around him at Town is really good. He’s part of something special. There’s a winning mentality and a psychology that I think (and hope) he enjoys being part of. Running away from that right now doesn’t seem to fit his personality or ambition.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 13:19]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 14:14 - Oct 10 with 870 viewsBluroo

To somebody not paying close attention (say a Chairman at a Championship club) it probably looks like McKenna isn't doing anything special. Ipswich are rumoured to be the biggest club with the best squad in League 1 so what's so remarkable about being near the top of the league?

I don't think "outsiders" rate McKenna like we do, because they're not paying any attention to what's really going on. Its when another club shows interest in the nuances of the situation and appreciates that McKenna is building something here and is putting on something of a modern managers tactical and strategic clinic, that we need to worry.

But even then, what can they offer that McKenna doesn't have here? Moving for a few more quid and a change of scenery is unlikely to be the motive.

Long, long way off from being a problem, I reckon.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 15:00 - Oct 10 with 823 viewsericclacton

Why would he want to go to a lunatic championship club
The championship is full of rubbish teams
I meant to say clubs, sorry I just had some Dutch lager.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 15:35]
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 15:39 - Oct 10 with 760 viewsericclacton

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 15:00 - Oct 10 by ericclacton

Why would he want to go to a lunatic championship club
The championship is full of rubbish teams
I meant to say clubs, sorry I just had some Dutch lager.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 15:35]

I started early today, championship has a lot of garbage in it bonkers clubs

Fancy that .next
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 16:35 - Oct 10 with 685 viewsrgp1

If West Brom and Watford had a plinth for past managers it would have snow on the top of it.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 18:53 - Oct 10 with 588 viewsMattinLondon

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 13:09 - Oct 10 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, their fans would love an ex-Wolves manager….

I forgot about that connection.
Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 19:05 - Oct 10 with 578 viewsJimmyJazz

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:53 - Oct 10 by tractordownsouth

It does seem like the type of club Dyche or Wilder would do well at.

They are good options, but so is Corberan who did a great job with Huddersfield

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 19:15 - Oct 10 with 562 viewsronnyd

Steve Bruce gone at WBA... on 10:10 - Oct 10 by BlueandTruesince82

Dyche.

That sounds like an expletive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024