Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? 21:50 - Jan 7 with 18498 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 21:54 - Jan 7 with 9602 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Oh dear, oh dear.

No.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 21:54 - Jan 7 with 9596 viewsghostofescobar

Nope, absolutely not. But, sickeningly, every club, town, village, street etc will have at least one of these. Depressing.

GhostOfEscobar

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 21:55 - Jan 7 with 9559 viewsSlimitfc91

Nothing to see here
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:01 - Jan 7 with 9394 viewsericclacton

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 21:55 - Jan 7 by Slimitfc91

Nothing to see here

Silly old fool.
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 9381 viewsSlimitfc91

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:01 - Jan 7 by ericclacton

Silly old fool.

Absolutely, but that’s all he is
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 9406 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Sounds to me as though Colin (I believe his name is) is a tad excited and has said black, then suddenly thought he might get cancelled, panicked and said dark. Is this 15 second clip his finest hour, obviously not, but there's nothing in this and to suggest otherwise I feel is wrong. Just my view.
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 9360 viewsSlimitfc91

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:02 - Jan 7 by mattyhollandsirish

Sounds to me as though Colin (I believe his name is) is a tad excited and has said black, then suddenly thought he might get cancelled, panicked and said dark. Is this 15 second clip his finest hour, obviously not, but there's nothing in this and to suggest otherwise I feel is wrong. Just my view.

Agree
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:03 - Jan 7 with 9359 viewswrightsrightglove

Surely they should be educating the guy and absolutely not uploading it for the world to see?
Login to get fewer ads

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 9301 viewsIllinoisblue

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:02 - Jan 7 by mattyhollandsirish

“Thought he might get canceled” LOL

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 9299 viewsHealysBackPocket

Why did he need to use skin colour at all? Why could he not have just said “the big tackle from our player/striker/defender”? If it had been Keogh or Evans or Burns who made the tackle, there’s not a chance he comes out with “the white guy” is there?
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:06 - Jan 7 with 9211 viewsSitfcB

Whilst it was live at the time surely it shouldn’t still be up on YouTube.

Obviously no malice in it and he’s obviously from the older generation but not a good look this day in age, I know his generation have different words to describe people in general conversation but have to be so careful when being filmed etc.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:08 - Jan 7 with 9133 viewsGuthrum

In which case, do another take. Or don't use the clip.

A slip of the tongue is one thing. Plastering it all over the internet is another.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:11 - Jan 7 with 9029 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

While I find it depressing people still describe minority groups by their skin colour, for me it's less about what this guy said. As others have observed there are plenty out there who don't fully understand how this kind of comment can feel to a person of colour.

What gets me wound up is that someone thought this appropriate to put out on their channel. The guy in the video needs to be quietly educated on why this kind of comment isn't helpful not have his voice amplified.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:15 - Jan 7 with 8849 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:04 - Jan 7 by HealysBackPocket

Why did he need to use skin colour at all? Why could he not have just said “the big tackle from our player/striker/defender”? If it had been Keogh or Evans or Burns who made the tackle, there’s not a chance he comes out with “the white guy” is there?

Obviously I (and presumably everyone) can see the angle you and likely the original poster are going for, but just think you need better material than this to support your noble cause.
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:22 - Jan 7 with 8688 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:06 - Jan 7 by SitfcB

Whilst it was live at the time surely it shouldn’t still be up on YouTube.

Obviously no malice in it and he’s obviously from the older generation but not a good look this day in age, I know his generation have different words to describe people in general conversation but have to be so careful when being filmed etc.

Agreed
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:24 - Jan 7 with 8631 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:08 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

A slip of the tongue is one thing. Plastering it all over the internet is another.

Agree.
Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:35 - Jan 7 with 8403 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:08 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

As I said on twitter, talking Town have the responsibility not to upload this.

'Dark' is an outdated term that I haven't heard in decades. Why not say 'the defender' or 'their number 5'? We've moved on from defining people by the colour of their skin. A mitigating factor may be that the bloke is of senior years. I certainly heard my Grandad use it when. I was younger.

TT should address this and someone who knows the old chap should try to explain why the term isn't acceptable.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:42 - Jan 7 with 8284 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m probably going to get stick for this but my honest opinion is that it’s cringe from the old bloke but he clearly panicked when he said black and tried to change it as soon as he could to dark thinking perhaps that was better. He needs some educating about what’s allowed in 2022 and what isn’t.

But the channel know exactly what is right and wrong and choosing to put it up (and then keep it up despite the backlash on twitter tonight) because of the views they will get is absolutely disgusting. I hope they get hammered for this far more than the old bloke they’ve tried feeding to the wolves by uploading it.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:43 - Jan 7 with 8232 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine choosing to shame the club for a few more likes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:47 - Jan 7 with 8125 viewsdavblue

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:35 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

As I said on twitter, talking Town have the responsibility not to upload this.

'Dark' is an outdated term that I haven't heard in decades. Why not say 'the defender' or 'their number 5'? We've moved on from defining people by the colour of their skin. A mitigating factor may be that the bloke is of senior years. I certainly heard my Grandad use it when. I was younger.

TT should address this and someone who knows the old chap should try to explain why the term isn't acceptable.

He’s been hung out to dry. I don’t think there was one ounce of malice in it just not got with the times.
I really wouldn't put it past that lot.... on 22:49 - Jan 7 with 8108 viewsBloots

....to purposely leave it up just to create some "publicity" for the channel.

His language is obviously outdated and wrong, but unfortunately there's always going to be people of his generation that don't realise what they are doing, at least until they all....well you know.

In this case I suggest the bigger issue isn't what's being said, but the fact that they feel it reasonable to put it in the public space, and leave it there.

FFS.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Well yes, put more succinctly than me! (n/t) on 22:49 - Jan 7 with 8080 viewsBloots

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:43 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

Imagine choosing to shame the club for a few more likes.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:51 - Jan 7 with 8031 viewsLankHenners

To give the benefit of the doubt to the old boy he’s probably getting himself tangled up with outdated language that obviously sounds terrible but isn’t meant with malice.

The issue is with it being uploaded as either they’ve not realised what’s been said or they’ve left it in deliberately to cause a stir and get eyes on them. Either way it’s stupid (and the latter would be disgusting) but not out of character for the stains that are behind that channel.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:51 - Jan 7 with 8012 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:47 - Jan 7 by davblue

He’s been hung out to dry. I don’t think there was one ounce of malice in it just not got with the times.

If somebody swears or says something inappropriate on live TV or radio, the announcer apologises straight away and an edited version goes out on a podcast or catch up.

Poor form from whoever did the interview and put out the show.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is this really the level of fan that we want representing our club? on 22:53 - Jan 7 with 7947 viewsKieran_Knows

Hopefully the beginning of the end for them.

Idiots.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024