Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whittaker Bid rejected 13:03 - Jan 12 with 16424 viewsUppaTowen78

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-reject-b
Whittaker Bid rejected on 15:47 - Jan 12 with 3096 viewsKentish_Tractor

Whittaker Bid rejected on 15:10 - Jan 12 by Kieran_Knows

Take from Plymouth statement when he was recalled ...

'Keen to ensure every avenue was explored in retaining an integral member of the Greens’ high-flying squad, Argyle made several proposals to Swansea City, including amending the financial terms of the loan deal, as well as enquiring about a permanent transfer.'

I would suggest that means they got nowhere near Swansea's valuation for him.

Swansea have nothing really to lose here. Start the bidding high at the start of the window in case anyone bites. Gradually lower it till the end of the window. If still no takers, loan back to Plymouth at better loan terms at the death.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Whittaker Bid rejected on 15:57 - Jan 12 with 2992 viewspafcprogs

Whittaker Bid rejected on 15:33 - Jan 12 by Exiled2Surrey

So strictly speaking they could have been the one bid referred to - don’t think anyone said when that bid was made…. What we are therefore left to conclude is that there are no offers for MW

With no knowledge whatsoever I could see us taking him on loan with an automatic option to buy IF promoted. Maybe a kicker on the sell on percentage.

That way we don't extend our budgets out of what our owner will tolerate and we are gambling on him being the final jigsaw piece.

Less pressing with the signings we have made and Azaz back in training.

If I was MW I am a Championship player with a decent contract so I why would I go anywhere but another Championship club or a probable promotion candidate in League 1 which basicallyy means us you or Wendies....not sure Wendies a) have a 10 a priority and b) would want to spend all their cup money on one player.

I am not sure you need/want him (managerially)

On that basis we I suspect will have lodged our terms and will wait for the phone to ring. If he doesn't move this window imagine how keen he will be to stay at Swansea.

If I am Swansea do I risk the asset devaluing by sitting on his a**e or cash in as best we can when his value is maximised. Jam tomorrow is still jam.

Pretty sure the bid made was not us as we had already said our offer was rejected when he went back, and the language around a third club etc means it can't be us.

19 days to find out I guess.
Whittaker Bid rejected on 16:08 - Jan 12 with 2887 viewsJ2BLUE

Whittaker Bid rejected on 15:57 - Jan 12 by pafcprogs

With no knowledge whatsoever I could see us taking him on loan with an automatic option to buy IF promoted. Maybe a kicker on the sell on percentage.

That way we don't extend our budgets out of what our owner will tolerate and we are gambling on him being the final jigsaw piece.

Less pressing with the signings we have made and Azaz back in training.

If I was MW I am a Championship player with a decent contract so I why would I go anywhere but another Championship club or a probable promotion candidate in League 1 which basicallyy means us you or Wendies....not sure Wendies a) have a 10 a priority and b) would want to spend all their cup money on one player.

I am not sure you need/want him (managerially)

On that basis we I suspect will have lodged our terms and will wait for the phone to ring. If he doesn't move this window imagine how keen he will be to stay at Swansea.

If I am Swansea do I risk the asset devaluing by sitting on his a**e or cash in as best we can when his value is maximised. Jam tomorrow is still jam.

Pretty sure the bid made was not us as we had already said our offer was rejected when he went back, and the language around a third club etc means it can't be us.

19 days to find out I guess.

Agree with that. I would be surprised to see him here.

Hopefully we're at least pretending to be interested though to drag it out as long as possible!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whittaker Bid rejected on 16:17 - Jan 12 with 2817 viewsSparky85

From an ITFC point of view, sit back and see what sort of level the accepted bid will be. Then decide from there if we want to get involved
Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:03 - Jan 12 with 2647 viewsHorsham

Whittaker Bid rejected on 16:08 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

Agree with that. I would be surprised to see him here.

Hopefully we're at least pretending to be interested though to drag it out as long as possible!

But it if I’m Swansea I want the cash now. I just don’t see it!
Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 2554 viewsSwansea_Blue

Swansea remind me so much of us under Evans. Questionable decisions, side getting weaker over time. They haven’t had their fatal Hurst moment yet, but it only feels like a matter of time. What’s the betting by faffing around they end up stuck with 2 players who don’t want to play for them?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 2525 viewsPhilTWTD

Whittaker Bid rejected on 14:48 - Jan 12 by ITFCBlues

Are we still interested? I wonder if there's actually any bid or its just to try and force interested sides hands.

Think there is genuinely another club interested, which doesn't come as a surprise, to be honest. Think we are still keen but nothing happening on that front presently.
Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:31 - Jan 12 with 2396 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:19 - Jan 12 by PhilTWTD

Think there is genuinely another club interested, which doesn't come as a surprise, to be honest. Think we are still keen but nothing happening on that front presently.

"That" front ...but there is on "another" front

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 2341 viewsDouble_Dutch

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

Eastern Front innit.....
Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:45 - Jan 12 with 2289 viewsNthQldITFC

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:37 - Jan 12 by Double_Dutch

Eastern Front innit.....

People's Front of Judea.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:49 - Jan 12 with 2250 viewsExiled2Surrey

Celina…
Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 2193 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:49 - Jan 12 by Exiled2Surrey

Celina…

Not sure about that one - will be someone left field (not literally)

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:59 - Jan 12 with 2160 viewsFrimleyBlue

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:55 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure about that one - will be someone left field (not literally)

Weimann

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Whittaker Bid rejected on 18:19 - Jan 12 with 2037 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Batistuta back on!!

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Whittaker Bid rejected on 18:31 - Jan 12 with 1993 viewsVic

So what you’re saying is that it’s all quiet on the western front.

But we could be in for someone up north - or down south?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Whittaker Bid rejected on 19:08 - Jan 12 with 1874 viewsNutkins_Return

Whittaker Bid rejected on 17:59 - Jan 12 by FrimleyBlue

Weimann

Oh ffs....😂
Whittaker Bid rejected on 19:10 - Jan 12 with 1864 viewsNutkins_Return

Whittaker Bid rejected on 19:08 - Jan 12 by Nutkins_Return

Oh ffs....😂

..now might be the time to get Lee Trundle in as an option off the bench
Whittaker Bid rejected on 21:56 - Jan 12 with 1547 viewsWakh

Someone mentioned earlier that Swansea are after a Rotherham player (Cant remember who) and Whittaker was possibly part of the deal.
Whittaker Bid rejected on 21:58 - Jan 12 with 1530 viewsPhilTWTD

Whittaker Bid rejected on 21:56 - Jan 12 by Wakh

Someone mentioned earlier that Swansea are after a Rotherham player (Cant remember who) and Whittaker was possibly part of the deal.

May well be the case.
Whittaker Bid rejected on 21:59 - Jan 12 with 1525 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whittaker Bid rejected on 21:56 - Jan 12 by Wakh

If the choice is live in Devon or Rotherham I’m afraid the young man might be disappointed

My in laws live in Rotherham and my God is bloody grim to say the least

Whittaker Bid rejected on 22:01 - Jan 12 with 1513 viewsWakh

Whittaker Bid rejected on 21:59 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

If the choice is live in Devon or Rotherham I’m afraid the young man might be disappointed

My in laws live in Rotherham and my God is bloody grim to say the least

True i was there also for a few years also back in the day. Ironically in Devon now.
Whittaker Bid rejected on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 992 viewsParky

Whittaker Bid rejected on 13:30 - Jan 12 by Kieran_Knows

Didn't their owner/chief executive (or whoever it was) confirm they'd made several offers for him before he even got recalled? All of which were rejected by Swansea.

Bit in here which basically confirms the bid isn’t from Plymouth.

”We don't want this to drag on to next week and cost him another opportunity to play. If he gets on the pitch for one minute for us, he then can't go to that club.”

Assume if we’re genuinely interested, we better act sooner rather than later, as I fully expect him to move on next week.

https://t.co/UKwwaLXxnn
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 11:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024