Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... 14:00 - Jan 23 with 4343 viewsitfcjoe

....we often bill games as 'must win' but tomorrow surely is?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:01 - Jan 23 with 2971 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not a must win. 18 games left after that.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:03 - Jan 23 with 2964 viewshomer_123

For the sake and sanity of this board it is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:05 - Jan 23 with 2941 viewsJ2BLUE

It is and we really need to start quickly. As we've seen on here some don't need much invitation to turn and make it a really nervy game.

I would be telling them to go out and take a shot from anywhere in shooting range as soon as possible. Anything to lift things a little.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:10 - Jan 23 with 2882 viewsTractorCam

Every game is a must win if we want automatic promotion, which I do.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:11 - Jan 23 with 2880 viewsitfcjoe

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:05 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

It is and we really need to start quickly. As we've seen on here some don't need much invitation to turn and make it a really nervy game.

I would be telling them to go out and take a shot from anywhere in shooting range as soon as possible. Anything to lift things a little.

The problem is that that is the easiest way to give the ball back to them and let them slow the game down with low-percentage shots.

Kieran McKenna and the players will hold their nerve, the fans need to as well.

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:12 - Jan 23 with 2851 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, I think it probably is. We need 7 points minimum from the next 3 imo.

Saturday's result didn't wind me up too much overall, even though we clearly weren't good enough, because the conditions were so farcical that it made it a lottery. Portsmouth and Lincoln away were far more costly for me.

We need a run where we win 7 out of 10 now, or similar, to really get ourselves back on track. I genuinely think we're still in the race for the top 2, but we've got to motor a bit now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:12 - Jan 23 with 2835 viewsGarv

Only in so much as if we don't morale will be very low, but in terms of the league, not really.

We draw and Wednesday lose it's not the end of the world.

A win stops the rot though. A convincing win with some new boys making their mark and we should get some confidence back.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:13 - Jan 23 with 2828 viewsMetal_Hacker

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:11 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

The problem is that that is the easiest way to give the ball back to them and let them slow the game down with low-percentage shots.

It is Joe and whilst I agree whilst we have the ball we have to be slightly more aggressive with it . I get the patience thing , I get the controlling the game and the ball but at the same time it's pointless if when we get THAT chance we're not converting

Finding a happy medium starts tomorrow evening ..hopefully

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:14 - Jan 23 with 2820 viewsRegencyBlue

In my view it is, as is Cambridge away!

We do not want to be going up against Wednesday any further behind and we need some confidence building results. Anything less than six points and the playoffs beckon.
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 2790 viewsitfcjoe

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:10 - Jan 23 by TractorCam

Every game is a must win if we want automatic promotion, which I do.

If we want to get automatic promotion, from the position we are in, you don't need to win every game - but realistically we need to win 14 of the 19 remaining......if you don't beat Morecambe at home and that becomes 14 of 18 then you are p'ing in the wind.

If we can win our next 2 games, then with Plymouth and SW playing on Saturday week we'll go into the home game vs Sheffield Wednesday withing touching distance of the top 2.

It really is a game we simply have to win if any desires on the top 2; and we will win it

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:16 - Jan 23 with 2763 viewsLankHenners

I generally only consider must win games in the more literal sense like if we're third on the final day a point off second and therefore we have to win to have a chance of autos but we're in a spot where we need to rack up the victories so at least 6 of the next 8 are realistically 'must win' with tomorrow being a relative soft ball for us to hit out the park.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 2725 viewsJ2BLUE

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:11 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

I agree and I only mean one shot. Just make the keeper make a save (or hit the jackpot with a goal).

Can see it getting tense after half an hour if it's still 0-0. Plenty seem to just be waiting for things to go wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:19 - Jan 23 with 2684 viewsCuffy81

Definitely must win, we need break this poor run and put some confidence back into this group, we need 6 from the next two games which will lead nicely into Wednesday at home

It won't be easy though given the way we have been playing and they have got a few results lately, will probably use a low block which we seem to struggle against, particularly at home

This is not a given and we'll certainly need to much better than what we were on Saturday regardless what the conditions were like
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:20 - Jan 23 with 2673 viewsTractorCam

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:15 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

If we want to get automatic promotion, from the position we are in, you don't need to win every game - but realistically we need to win 14 of the 19 remaining......if you don't beat Morecambe at home and that becomes 14 of 18 then you are p'ing in the wind.

If we can win our next 2 games, then with Plymouth and SW playing on Saturday week we'll go into the home game vs Sheffield Wednesday withing touching distance of the top 2.

It really is a game we simply have to win if any desires on the top 2; and we will win it

Exactly, it all factors in. As long as we're not in the top 2, then every game is a must win until you get in there. We'll be behind Sheffield Wednesday when we play them, so for me it's a must win to either overtake them or close the gap as well as rattle them and put the pressure on.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:27 - Jan 23 with 2557 viewsJDB23

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:05 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

When was the last time we started quickly? Every game recently feels like we take an age to get going. Unless I’m mistaken we haven’t scored 2 first half goals in 3 months, last being Port Vale away.

I think the problem is we are now getting to a point where we want to see things happen from the team that we haven’t seen in months, runs of wins, clean sheets, what I mentioned above etc. It’s more hope than expectation now and that is very disappointing.
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:30 - Jan 23 with 2503 viewsBlueForYou

Agree it really has become an important game. However the problem with our lot at the moment, is that they seem to find a way to fail rather than find a way to win. It is this which Mckenna has to change if we are to move forward positively. We need everyone to put their hand up rather than doing a disappearing act. So want us to get promotion done!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 14:37]
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:31 - Jan 23 with 2501 viewstextbackup

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:12 - Jan 23 by Dubtractor

Yeah, I think it probably is. We need 7 points minimum from the next 3 imo.

Saturday's result didn't wind me up too much overall, even though we clearly weren't good enough, because the conditions were so farcical that it made it a lottery. Portsmouth and Lincoln away were far more costly for me.

We need a run where we win 7 out of 10 now, or similar, to really get ourselves back on track. I genuinely think we're still in the race for the top 2, but we've got to motor a bit now.

We must beat sheff weds too, a draw is exactly what they’ll be coming for.

I’d say 9 points from next 3 and we might be back in with a chance

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:35 - Jan 23 with 2438 viewssuffolkpoker

I have all but written off the top 2. Our form has to swing on its head to even stick with them.

I am happy with the play offs this year. I think we will get to a final and its a coin flip after that.

I would still say loosing in the play off final this year is still progression and the lower end of variance of being a good season.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:37 - Jan 23 with 2387 viewspositivity

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:16 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

I generally only consider must win games in the more literal sense like if we're third on the final day a point off second and therefore we have to win to have a chance of autos but we're in a spot where we need to rack up the victories so at least 6 of the next 8 are realistically 'must win' with tomorrow being a relative soft ball for us to hit out the park.

it's our must-win-est so far!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:41 - Jan 23 with 2338 viewstractorboy1978

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:35 - Jan 23 by suffolkpoker

I have all but written off the top 2. Our form has to swing on its head to even stick with them.

I am happy with the play offs this year. I think we will get to a final and its a coin flip after that.

I would still say loosing in the play off final this year is still progression and the lower end of variance of being a good season.

It's not really as dramatic at the moment as some people are making out. The optics of being 10 points and 7 points off aren't great but as I posted earlier, if we win two of the kindest fixtures you could ask for in our next two then beat Sheff Wed we will be at most 4 points away from one of the two. It could realistically only be 1/2 points off. If we do our job we are well in the hunt.
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:42 - Jan 23 with 2321 viewsportmanking

A fast start is VITAL tomorrow night. In the opening third of the season, quick starts were one of our main attributes, but they seem to have dried up of late. Our tempo has been too linear in games, to the point that it's often hard to know whether we're winning or drawing games at times. It was noticeable just how fast we played/moved after Oxford's 2nd goal on Saturday. Why we weren't doing that at 1-1 in search of a winner is anyone's guess.

Three points tomorrow. Nothing less.
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:52 - Jan 23 with 2196 viewsIllinoisblue

It undeniably is. We’ve been sleepwalking through games recently. Time to wake the fk up and make a statement.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 15:03 - Jan 23 with 2122 viewsStewart27

Agree.

We absolutely have to win tomorrow. If you’re fighting for survival and even the play offs then you don’t have must win games in January. Because the PPG required is far less on both fronts
and are competing for more places.

But when you are fighting for the top 2 against teams who are relentless and who comfortably have in excess of 2 PPG then we can’t afford anything other than a win at home against a team like Morecambe.
An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 15:07 - Jan 23 with 2099 viewsclive_baker

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 14:15 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

I think we need to be on 70+ points going in to the final 10 to have a decent sniff of the top 2. Ideally a couple more points than that. I therefore make it 21 points needed from the next 9.

A bit of an arbitrary 'cut' of the games, but that's how I would be looking at it.

Morecambe (H)
Cambridge (A)
Wednesday (H)
Bristol Rovers (A)
FGR (H)
MK Dons (A)
Burton (H)
Accrington (H)
Bolton (A)

Can we win 7 from that lot? Certainly the 5 home games are all ones where anything less than a win would be disappointing, obviously Wednesday are a good side but its a massive game.

Away from home we shouldn't fear any of them, Bolton is the one that jumps out as the toughest on paper. We really need to start delivering what we're capable of, consistently. Our poor form has put us in a tough place, we're in 3 wins from 4 territory from here on in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

An actual, genuine, 'MUST WIN GAME' tomorrow..... on 15:19 - Jan 23 with 2012 viewsbilllm

I see the next three league games as must wins to have any chance of putting pressure on the top two,
Do that and we will have a chance,
Drop points to Wednesday it's over and out
Also puts pressure on the teams behind us,
I for one think we will beat wednesday,
Over to you now lads
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024