Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connection with the captain 08:41 - Feb 13 with 7838 viewsSitfcB

Just don’t feel it with Sam Morsy, I know he’s not obliged to and we’ve been spoilt with great fan engaging captains over the years and he’s following in the footsteps of one of those greats but it’s always nice for some sort of connection between the skipper and the fans, he just trudges round applauding half heartedly at FT most of the time in amongst the group.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Connection with the captain on 09:40 - Feb 13 with 917 viewsKeno

maybe at the end of a game he's a bit knackered?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Connection with the captain on 09:41 - Feb 13 with 901 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:38 - Feb 13 by davblue

Garbage.

No. Just a different opinion.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Connection with the captain on 09:41 - Feb 13 with 911 viewschicoazul

Fwiw I think the reason Sitters and I, and others, don’t have a connection with Morsy is because he captained us to our lowest league position in living memory and yet many people bizarrely equate him with excellent players like Legwinski Magilton and Garvan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Connection with the captain on 09:42 - Feb 13 with 907 viewsSitfcB

Connection with the captain on 08:55 - Feb 13 by CityBlue

He does far more off the field than any other skipper ever has. He is a leader in the changing room and a great ambassador for the club. On the pitch he is a beast...despised ad feared in equal amounts by all other clubs.
As a player he would walk into any starting line up outside the premier league.

I don’t think your first and last sentences are true.

COYB

Connection with the captain on 09:44 - Feb 13 with 888 viewsdavblue

Connection with the captain on 09:41 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

No. Just a different opinion.

no it's complete and utter drivel.

I seriously think TalkingTown would be more suited to your 'opinion' they lap that sort of stuff up.
Connection with the captain on 09:45 - Feb 13 with 860 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:39 - Feb 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

"He's one of the worst on the pitch captains"

Except he isn't is he ?

He is. Captains set the tone for the level required in the game. Floating around tapping the ball 5 yards and playing safe isn't the way to do it.

When he's on it.. as he was 2nd half.. he forces the rest of the side to be driven. Gutsy and determined.

That is the skipper we need from kickoff.

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 09:47 - Feb 13 with 856 viewsblueislander

Connection with the captain on 09:35 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen. I saw more heart from Humphreys on sat and that's after morsy gave it the big "we need you" speech.

Its his first half performances which has set the tone imo for the rest of the side. When he's on it.. then he has a positive effect.

Of course, that is obvious to those watching games on IFollow, but impossible for those attending the games to see.
Connection with the captain on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 853 viewsMetal_Hacker

Connection with the captain on 09:35 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen. I saw more heart from Humphreys on sat and that's after morsy gave it the big "we need you" speech.

Its his first half performances which has set the tone imo for the rest of the side. When he's on it.. then he has a positive effect.

"He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen"

Just out of curiosity so I can personally put some context to your statement - who else would you consider to be one of the worst "on the pitch captains" outside Ipswich Town past or present ?

Simply to add context to it so I and perhaps others get an idea of where you're coming from

Just name(s) will do

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Connection with the captain on 09:49 - Feb 13 with 830 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:47 - Feb 13 by blueislander

Of course, that is obvious to those watching games on IFollow, but impossible for those attending the games to see.

Not sure why you're making things up. Haven't mentioned anything about footage or being there.

Everyone's entitled to their view.

The bizarre love for some of the current regime is extreme for a side that's underachieving.

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 09:52 - Feb 13 with 816 viewsSitfcB

Connection with the captain on 09:33 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

I think, as briefly mentioned above, there were a lot more gaps for the captain to fill when LC was here as opposed to now - if those gaps still existed would SM fill them?

We'll thankfully never need to find out because actually pay people to do the jobs now.

Of course, like you say LC was doing everything and we always heard and saw from him because of that.

COYB

Connection with the captain on 09:52 - Feb 13 with 815 viewsstrikalite

He leads by example on the pitch in that he dictates the way we play, hardly ever gives the ball away and has a calmness...where others can look flustered and frantic in big game like Saturday..

My ideal captain is a big commanding vocal finger pointing centre half, I suppose a good team has many leaders on the pitch, so we could still do with one..
Connection with the captain on 09:53 - Feb 13 with 802 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:48 - Feb 13 by Metal_Hacker

"He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen"

Just out of curiosity so I can personally put some context to your statement - who else would you consider to be one of the worst "on the pitch captains" outside Ipswich Town past or present ?

Simply to add context to it so I and perhaps others get an idea of where you're coming from

Just name(s) will do

Outside ipswich. Why outside. We are talking about ipswich.

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 09:56 - Feb 13 with 782 viewsMetal_Hacker

Connection with the captain on 09:53 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Outside ipswich. Why outside. We are talking about ipswich.

OK humour me as I'm a little thick

It'd offer some context for me personally to help me see how you're measuring this statement without having an emotional attachment to a player who plays / played for the team I support

OK - let me ask another way . Can you name another captain who carries himself similar to Morsy that you think is a bad captain ?

Connection with the captain on 09:56 - Feb 13 with 781 viewsblueislander

Connection with the captain on 09:49 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure why you're making things up. Haven't mentioned anything about footage or being there.

Everyone's entitled to their view.

The bizarre love for some of the current regime is extreme for a side that's underachieving.

What am I making up.? If your opinion is not based on what you are seeing what is it based on ?
Connection with the captain on 10:02 - Feb 13 with 723 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:56 - Feb 13 by blueislander

What am I making up.? If your opinion is not based on what you are seeing what is it based on ?

I don't know what you're bringing up I follow to being there in regards to this thread. It's not part of the discussion.

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 10:03 - Feb 13 with 720 viewskeighleyblue

what a dumb post.
Connection with the captain on 10:04 - Feb 13 with 708 viewsGarv

He's the captain of the team, not the fanbase.

Chambers was a great cheerleader, but him and Morsy are very different characters.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Connection with the captain on 10:08 - Feb 13 with 656 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:56 - Feb 13 by Metal_Hacker

OK humour me as I'm a little thick

It'd offer some context for me personally to help me see how you're measuring this statement without having an emotional attachment to a player who plays / played for the team I support

OK - let me ask another way . Can you name another captain who carries himself similar to Morsy that you think is a bad captain ?

Again. I'm talking about ipswich.

Chambers in his latter years imo comes close to being as ineffective on the pitch as captain as morsy does. But prime chambers drove the side on. Holland drove the side on. You felt his passion. His drive. His determination.

Morsy floating around playing safe football and refusing to get stuck in.. isn't the best example to set to his side.

BUT as I said in my first reply... he has turned it up in some 2nd half periods in which I felt his personal change in drive and effort then reflected on his team mates. His desire to try a difficult ball. Not be safe and try to make things happen... at that point I would say he's being a great on the pitch captain as he's showing his team the level required.

Unfortunately... it's so hot and cold I can't agree that he's a great skipper on the pitch.

Look let's be honest. No ones gonna agree. There's a strange love of all the current players regardless of their shortcomings. So I don't expect anyone to agree anyway.

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 10:13 - Feb 13 with 617 viewsBluebell

I just think he is quite a shy person. In his interviews he talks very quietly and seems to think before he speaks.

As long as he does his work on the pitch, I’m fine with that.
Connection with the captain on 10:13 - Feb 13 with 617 viewsSomethingBlue

Connection with the captain on 10:08 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Chambers in his latter years imo comes close to being as ineffective on the pitch as captain as morsy does. But prime chambers drove the side on. Holland drove the side on. You felt his passion. His drive. His determination.

Morsy floating around playing safe football and refusing to get stuck in.. isn't the best example to set to his side.

BUT as I said in my first reply... he has turned it up in some 2nd half periods in which I felt his personal change in drive and effort then reflected on his team mates. His desire to try a difficult ball. Not be safe and try to make things happen... at that point I would say he's being a great on the pitch captain as he's showing his team the level required.

Unfortunately... it's so hot and cold I can't agree that he's a great skipper on the pitch.

Look let's be honest. No ones gonna agree. There's a strange love of all the current players regardless of their shortcomings. So I don't expect anyone to agree anyway.

You invalidate literally every word you write with your penultimate sentence. It is one heck of a tell.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Connection with the captain on 10:14 - Feb 13 with 613 viewsMetal_Hacker

So you can't humour me then , no worries it's fine

Just reading your reply also criticises the sort of player he is more so than the style of captain he is in my opinion

I really can't be bothered to have another spat with you to be fair but to suggest "he's one of the worst captains ever" is really quite damning to say the least - and far from the truth in my opinion but you continue doing you as I've seen you say to others

Anyway thanks for the "justification"

Connection with the captain on 10:14 - Feb 13 with 602 viewsblueislander

Connection with the captain on 10:02 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

I don't know what you're bringing up I follow to being there in regards to this thread. It's not part of the discussion.

Isn’t it obvious that your opinion is based on what the camera shows you, whereas if you were in the stadium you could see a much broader picture, and your opinion would carry more weight?
Connection with the captain on 10:17 - Feb 13 with 566 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 10:13 - Feb 13 by SomethingBlue

You invalidate literally every word you write with your penultimate sentence. It is one heck of a tell.

Is it really? 4 wins in 3 months and it's a hot take that there are players who aren't good enough consistently enough to help us achieve the wins we need. Is it really that much of a hot take?

If its not KM and his management. ( which I don't think it is) then when do questions get asked of those in the side?

If its not the managers fault. Nor the players fault. Its not the fans fault ( fair play to the thousands that attend every game) who's fault is it? Kitman?

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 566 viewsitfc_bucks

for a bloke that refuses to get "stuck in", he picks up a remarkable number of yellow cards!

They must all be for dissent, I guess...
Connection with the captain on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 555 viewsSomethingBlue

Connection with the captain on 10:17 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Is it really? 4 wins in 3 months and it's a hot take that there are players who aren't good enough consistently enough to help us achieve the wins we need. Is it really that much of a hot take?

If its not KM and his management. ( which I don't think it is) then when do questions get asked of those in the side?

If its not the managers fault. Nor the players fault. Its not the fans fault ( fair play to the thousands that attend every game) who's fault is it? Kitman?

I see questions asked of this team and management here on a daily basis — and rightly.

Justifying your take by saying "well you all just love them unconditionally" — or words to that effect — isn't the brightest thing to do. But it's useful to everyone else as it explains your way of thinking more clearly than you consciously could.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024