Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connection with the captain 08:41 - Feb 13 with 7860 viewsSitfcB

Just don’t feel it with Sam Morsy, I know he’s not obliged to and we’ve been spoilt with great fan engaging captains over the years and he’s following in the footsteps of one of those greats but it’s always nice for some sort of connection between the skipper and the fans, he just trudges round applauding half heartedly at FT most of the time in amongst the group.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Connection with the captain on 10:27 - Feb 13 with 1107 viewsdavblue

Connection with the captain on 10:08 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Again. I'm talking about ipswich.

Chambers in his latter years imo comes close to being as ineffective on the pitch as captain as morsy does. But prime chambers drove the side on. Holland drove the side on. You felt his passion. His drive. His determination.

Morsy floating around playing safe football and refusing to get stuck in.. isn't the best example to set to his side.

BUT as I said in my first reply... he has turned it up in some 2nd half periods in which I felt his personal change in drive and effort then reflected on his team mates. His desire to try a difficult ball. Not be safe and try to make things happen... at that point I would say he's being a great on the pitch captain as he's showing his team the level required.

Unfortunately... it's so hot and cold I can't agree that he's a great skipper on the pitch.

Look let's be honest. No ones gonna agree. There's a strange love of all the current players regardless of their shortcomings. So I don't expect anyone to agree anyway.

Magilton was running that team, he was the voice.
Given some of his retweets and likes.... on 10:28 - Feb 13 with 1108 viewsBloots

...on Twitter, it's probably better if he doesn't get too involved with the wider club community.

It was also disappointing to hear from Davis that he had tell Morsy to start lifting the players.

Still our best midfielder though.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Balderdash and piffle. (n/t) on 10:29 - Feb 13 with 1085 viewsBloots

Connection with the captain on 08:55 - Feb 13 by CityBlue

He does far more off the field than any other skipper ever has. He is a leader in the changing room and a great ambassador for the club. On the pitch he is a beast...despised ad feared in equal amounts by all other clubs.
As a player he would walk into any starting line up outside the premier league.

Connection with the captain on 10:38 - Feb 13 with 1036 viewstextbackup

Wtf 😂😂😂

He’s actually a very good footballer, and drives on those around him… I don’t recall a captain like that since Jim.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Connection with the captain on 10:46 - Feb 13 with 990 viewsSitfcB

Connection with the captain on 10:38 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Wtf 😂😂😂

He’s actually a very good footballer, and drives on those around him… I don’t recall a captain like that since Jim.

Yes I know that, as I say a lot have missed the point

COYB

Connection with the captain on 10:49 - Feb 13 with 962 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 10:27 - Feb 13 by davblue

Magilton was running that team, he was the voice.

But you got 110% from Holland. First half. 2nd half. Injury time. He gave a captains performance everytime he went on that pitch.

You just don't get that with Morsy. Far far from it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Connection with the captain on 10:51 - Feb 13 with 947 viewsMetal_Hacker

Connection with the captain on 10:49 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

But you got 110% from Holland. First half. 2nd half. Injury time. He gave a captains performance everytime he went on that pitch.

So if Holland gave 110% which I don't dispute albeit mathematically impossible , what does Morsy give in your opinion based on the stat for Holland ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Connection with the captain on 10:52 - Feb 13 with 946 viewsLeoMuff

Wtf 😂😂😂

He is the best you will get at our level, and a great captain,just feel we need someone very creative next to him.

He plays for us and gives 100% every time, but I think you can tell he won’t be one involved with the club after retirement ala Holland, Mills.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Connection with the captain on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 902 viewstextbackup

Connection with the captain on 10:46 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

Yes I know that, as I say a lot have missed the point

Was the point, you want a fist pump?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Connection with the captain on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 894 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 10:51 - Feb 13 by Metal_Hacker

So if Holland gave 110% which I don't dispute albeit mathematically impossible , what does Morsy give in your opinion based on the stat for Holland ?

Sometimes 60% sometimes 100%. As said and repeated you get 2 versions of Morsy. Which imo isn't good enough when you need consistency which will drive the team towards more wins. To many average performances from the skipper of the side.

Waka waka eh eh

Connection with the captain on 10:58 - Feb 13 with 885 viewsBluebell

How do you know what Morsy is like? You can’t hear what he says from your armchair!

IFollow doesn’t show what he is like in the dressing room or after the game.
Connection with the captain on 10:59 - Feb 13 with 878 viewsSitfcB

Connection with the captain on 10:56 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Was the point, you want a fist pump?

Wouldn’t have had many of them of late!

Do miss a good old fisting!!!

COYB

Connection with the captain on 11:00 - Feb 13 with 873 viewsMetal_Hacker

Connection with the captain on 10:56 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Sometimes 60% sometimes 100%. As said and repeated you get 2 versions of Morsy. Which imo isn't good enough when you need consistency which will drive the team towards more wins. To many average performances from the skipper of the side.

So sometimes 60% and sometimes 100% right ? Is that more so a consistency issue if you're correct ?

Considering all the talk about Bannan during the build up and as much about him prior to the build up with him being out weeks before - how would you mark his performance on Saturday then again out of curiosity and for context ?

Morsy our of 10 and Bannan out of 10 ?

Connection with the captain on 11:06 - Feb 13 with 848 viewshadleighboyblue

Connection with the captain on 09:24 - Feb 13 by Bobbychase

Give me a captain who leads by example and drags the team forward himself rather than someone who claps the fans enthusiastically after terrible performances.

100% spot on .

Happy clappers after the game has finished after a mediocre performance don't do it for me either
Given some of his retweets and likes.... on 11:06 - Feb 13 with 849 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Given some of his retweets and likes.... on 10:28 - Feb 13 by Bloots

...on Twitter, it's probably better if he doesn't get too involved with the wider club community.

It was also disappointing to hear from Davis that he had tell Morsy to start lifting the players.

His twitter is well worth avoiding, some fairly disappointing stuff on there.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Connection with the captain on 11:12 - Feb 13 with 820 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 10:58 - Feb 13 by Bluebell

How do you know what Morsy is like? You can’t hear what he says from your armchair!

IFollow doesn’t show what he is like in the dressing room or after the game.

No ones talking about what he says. We are talking about performance levels and how it imo has a negative effect on the teams performance when the captain doesn't perform consistently.

Waka waka eh eh

Indeed, a proper.... on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 804 viewsBloots

Given some of his retweets and likes.... on 11:06 - Feb 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

His twitter is well worth avoiding, some fairly disappointing stuff on there.

...."elephant in the room" that one!

Indeed, a proper.... on 11:15 - Feb 13 with 786 viewschicoazul

Indeed, a proper.... on 11:13 - Feb 13 by Bloots

...."elephant in the room" that one!

Remember that time everyone shouted at me when I posted about why he didn’t wear the rainbow armband? The Morsy Cult on here is almost as bad as the You People Would Have Sacked Robson By Now ones.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Connection with the captain on 11:19 - Feb 13 with 751 viewsJ2BLUE

Connection with the captain on 09:35 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen. I saw more heart from Humphreys on sat and that's after morsy gave it the big "we need you" speech.

Its his first half performances which has set the tone imo for the rest of the side. When he's on it.. then he has a positive effect.

I don’t know what to say to this. Are you trolling or serious?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Connection with the captain on 11:23 - Feb 13 with 728 viewsdavblue

rubbish.
Connection with the captain on 11:31 - Feb 13 with 683 viewsSomethingBlue

This just isn't true, I think we could count the number of remotely sub-par performances Morsy has given on two or three fingers. He's usually pretty much the best player on the pitch.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Connection with the captain on 11:34 - Feb 13 with 665 viewsMetal_Hacker

Connection with the captain on 11:31 - Feb 13 by SomethingBlue

This just isn't true, I think we could count the number of remotely sub-par performances Morsy has given on two or three fingers. He's usually pretty much the best player on the pitch.

Well the player ratings suggest so on TWTD but what do we know I suppose

Connection with the captain on 11:41 - Feb 13 with 630 viewsSharkey

Wtf 😂😂😂

Jason de Vos was at least as good a player as he is. And a good communicator.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 11:44]
Connection with the captain on 11:57 - Feb 13 with 583 viewsdavblue

is he the footballer equivalent of 'sex panther' by odeon.

60% of the time it works every time?
Given some of his retweets and likes.... on 12:04 - Feb 13 with 541 viewsLankHenners

Given some of his retweets and likes.... on 10:28 - Feb 13 by Bloots

Ha, came on here to say the same thing, which is why I can't fully warm to him to be honest. Not engaging with the club's pride week stuff for example certainly wasn't an oversight.

Mind you as far as the squad goes he's not alone in having a disappointing, shall we say, outlook on life in some respects.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024