Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth don't win many away 12:35 - Mar 12 with 3806 viewsthorpedo

games - just 6 out of 18 this season. Only a third of their away games are won. Keep this trend and they will only win 1-2 of their remaining 5 away games. Gives us a bit of leeway for getting second (ignoring Barnsley for now!) I reckon 9 wins out of 12 will do it for us.

Thorpedo

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 3444 viewsIllinoisblue

9 wins out of 12 with 10 games left will be impressive.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:46 - Mar 12 with 3417 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:42 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

That would be pretty outrageous

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:46 - Mar 12 with 3424 viewsunstableblue

It’s going to be very tight

Plymouth have a good run of league fixtures to build momentum again

For me it’s about staying the course and staying on their shoulder.

Have to beat the shrews. And perhaps take 4 points from Barnsley and Derby away.

Plymouth banana skins are for me are Exeter and Shrews away, and Lincoln, Bristol and Burton at home. Drop two - five points from them and we stay the course, there’s a chance

But we need to keep the form and momentum even if it’s to hit the playoffs running

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:50 - Mar 12 with 3398 viewsthorpedo

Ha ha good point. Maybe 8/10 then!

Thorpedo

Plymouth don't win many away on 19:04 - Mar 12 with 2970 viewsWestSussexBlue

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:46 - Mar 12 by unstableblue

Have to beat the shrews. And perhaps take 4 points from Barnsley and Derby away.

Plymouth banana skins are for me are Exeter and Shrews away, and Lincoln, Bristol and Burton at home. Drop two - five points from them and we stay the course, there’s a chance

But we need to keep the form and momentum even if it’s to hit the playoffs running

Agree 100%
Plymouth don't win many away on 20:56 - Mar 12 with 2800 viewsReusersTown

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:46 - Mar 12 by bournemouthblue

That would be pretty outrageous

I think you've forgotten who we are. I have a strong feeling we're about to go on a rampage!
Plymouth don't win many away on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 2606 viewstractorboy1978

I think we need to hope draws kill Plymouth. They've certainly got several sides to play that will be happy enough to sit in and make it difficult for them. Their dropped points at home this season were against Port Vale and Fleetwood. They concede quite a lot of goals as well.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 21:54]
Plymouth don't win many away on 21:57 - Mar 12 with 2586 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You haven't included the play-offs!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth don't win many away on 06:20 - Mar 13 with 2266 viewsExiled2Surrey

Plymouth don't win many away on 12:50 - Mar 12 by thorpedo

Ha ha good point. Maybe 8/10 then!

If we have twelve more games, I think I will cry…. Preferably 10, probably 13….
Plymouth don't win many away on 08:38 - Mar 13 with 2021 viewsWeekender

Plymouth don't win many away on 21:54 - Mar 12 by tractorboy1978

I think we need to hope draws kill Plymouth. They've certainly got several sides to play that will be happy enough to sit in and make it difficult for them. Their dropped points at home this season were against Port Vale and Fleetwood. They concede quite a lot of goals as well.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 21:54]

Plymouth have the third worst XGA in the league, the question is will it catch up with them now they are without Mike Cooper?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Plymouth don't win many away on 08:51 - Mar 13 with 1975 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth don't win many away on 08:38 - Mar 13 by Weekender

Plymouth have the third worst XGA in the league, the question is will it catch up with them now they are without Mike Cooper?

Do they have the third worst xGA? That doesn't sound right, according to this they are 14th worst (i.e. 10th best): https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

I know different people calculate xG slightly differently but that seems a pretty big difference. Be interested to know where they come up as third worst.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Plymouth don't win many away on 08:54 - Mar 13 with 1963 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Morecambe away is a tough game as well. They are 13th in the home form table and have a habit of making it a tough game for teams. Not to mention how long that journey is.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:00 - Mar 13 with 1931 viewsNthQldITFC

Plymouth don't win many away on 08:51 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Do they have the third worst xGA? That doesn't sound right, according to this they are 14th worst (i.e. 10th best): https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

I know different people calculate xG slightly differently but that seems a pretty big difference. Be interested to know where they come up as third worst.

Strewth! I didn't realise just how WAY out in front we are on that metric, both in defence and attack. That's amazing and very positive for the future.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:15 - Mar 13 with 1859 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Think we need our noses in front by early April. 4 of their last 5 games are at home and not particularly tough fixtures.

I still have a nagging doubt Barnsley will be right in the mix. Their next 3 games are Wycombe (A), Sheff Wed (H) then us. If they do well in those fixtures they will be a huge threat. They are at the top of the form league with ourselves and Sheff Wed.
Plymouth don't win many away on 09:23 - Mar 13 with 1831 viewsCityBlue

On an average PPG ratio for both Plymouth and Ipswich vs their respective opponents PPG for home and away games we could be looking at Ipswich gaining 24 points vs Plymouth's 18.
This does not take into account current form etc.

We can always be positive/optimistic.

Also worth adding that based on form for last eight games PPG, the final day of the season will see Wednesday promoted, and then:
Ipswich 95
Barnsley 91
Argyle 90
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 9:30]

I T I D

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:26 - Mar 13 with 1801 viewsDyland

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:00 - Mar 13 by NthQldITFC

Strewth! I didn't realise just how WAY out in front we are on that metric, both in defence and attack. That's amazing and very positive for the future.

I think it shows what bollix XG stats are, but that's just my grumpy/ignorant view of XG :)

If you like XG stattery it shines an interesting light on how clinical/spawny Argyle are, and how profligate/unlucky Town are.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:46 - Mar 13 with 1674 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:26 - Mar 13 by Dyland

I think it shows what bollix XG stats are, but that's just my grumpy/ignorant view of XG :)

If you like XG stattery it shines an interesting light on how clinical/spawny Argyle are, and how profligate/unlucky Town are.

COYFB

xG certainly doesn't tell the whole story but I'd say it largely chimes with the eye test. We tend to dominate most games and even when not at our best we create a decent number of chances, whilst it's rare for teams to create much against us.

true dat on 09:48 - Mar 13 with 1651 viewsDyland

Plymouth don't win many away on 09:46 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

xG certainly doesn't tell the whole story but I'd say it largely chimes with the eye test. We tend to dominate most games and even when not at our best we create a decent number of chances, whilst it's rare for teams to create much against us.

Though, and stating the bleeding obvious, goals win points rather than expected goals, innit.

true dat on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 1619 viewsHerbivore

true dat on 09:48 - Mar 13 by Dyland

Though, and stating the bleeding obvious, goals win points rather than expected goals, innit.

I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise.

true dat on 09:57 - Mar 13 with 1563 viewsDyland

true dat on 09:50 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise.

I don't think I've suggested anyone has :)

true dat on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 1475 viewsHerbivore

true dat on 09:57 - Mar 13 by Dyland

I don't think I've suggested anyone has :)

Then we are in accord. Good day, sir.

Plymouth don't win many away on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 1471 viewsWeekender

Plymouth don't win many away on 08:51 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

I thought I heard that from the D3/D4 pod, perhaps I/they made a mistake.

It was also said that Cooper is something like -11 on expected goals conceded so seemingly was part of the difference between actual goals against and xGA.

I recall George Elek on NTT20 referring to the mismatch in stats a number of times, he has been expecting Argyle to fall away at some point.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Plymouth don't win many away on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 1396 viewsVaughan8

Realistic target for next 5 games by Vaughan8 9 Mar 2023 14:05
If we get 11 points I'd be happy.

People are too quick to write us off. Plymouth are good at home, but a record of 6 wins in 17 away games, they've definitely got scope to drop points.

Barnsley are top of the form charts so I'm hopeful they won't win there.
Accrington on a Tuesday night. No-one wants that. Lost 6/16, though most of the "top" teams have won there.
Morecombe - Lost 5/18 at home
Exeter, not bad at home. Lost 5 / 16
Shrewsbury - 6/17 losses at home, but not many draws - Sh!t or bust there haha
Port Vale - Last game and beat them at home.

Definitely scope to drop points away. However its their home form and the teams at home I'd be worried about!

I get the point our games are harder, and I agree but if we keep winning, they'll drop points.

Trying to be positive OK? haha

Plymouth don't win many away on 10:36 - Mar 13 with 1348 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth don't win many away on 10:16 - Mar 13 by Weekender

I thought I heard that from the D3/D4 pod, perhaps I/they made a mistake.

It was also said that Cooper is something like -11 on expected goals conceded so seemingly was part of the difference between actual goals against and xGA.

I recall George Elek on NTT20 referring to the mismatch in stats a number of times, he has been expecting Argyle to fall away at some point.

The 11 goals difference tallies with the stats I've seen, they are conceding 0.3 fewer per game than you'd expect vasd on xGA so after this many games that works out at around 11 goals. Their xG difference isn't hugely impressive either and they score slightly more than you'd expect them to based on xG. It does look like there's lots of sides with worse xGA though.

Plymouth don't win many away on 10:43 - Mar 13 with 1302 viewstextbackup

18 Mar 15:00 Shrewsbury Town W
25 Mar 15:00 Barnsley D

1 Apr 15:00 Derby County D
7 Apr 15:00 Wycombe Wanderers W
10 Apr 15:00 Cheltenham Town D
15 Apr 15:00 Charlton Athletic W
18 Apr 19:45 Port Vale W
22 Apr 15:00 Peterborough United D
29 Apr 15:00 Exeter City W
7 May 12:00. Fleetwood W

I’m saying 22 more points… 94 finish. If that’s not enough then we take great form into PO

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024