Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench 10:07 - Apr 17 with 1759 viewsStuartSlater

Okay we are all probably aware of our best 11 - but surely tomorrow could be a game to start Edwards and Ladapo who seem to be in a bit of form at the moment - what was clear at Cheltenham is that Broadhead is an essential part of the team at the moment - and we want the team to be as fresh as possible for the run it

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:09 - Apr 17 with 1729 viewsSitfcB

Unchanged. Start the best team available every game.

Taking Broadhead et al off can come into play once the game is won.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:15 - Apr 17 with 1678 viewsxrayspecs

Unchanged

Edwards, Jackson and Freddie offer us nice impetus off the bench as oppo are tiring.
Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:19 - Apr 17 with 1659 viewsArchiRob

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:15 - Apr 17 by xrayspecs

Unchanged

Edwards, Jackson and Freddie offer us nice impetus off the bench as oppo are tiring.

Sorry fat fingers on a phone was up voting but fingers had other ideas
Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:21 - Apr 17 with 1647 viewscressi

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:19 - Apr 17 by ArchiRob

Sorry fat fingers on a phone was up voting but fingers had other ideas

No best side get ahead then make changes No time for sentiment
Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:23 - Apr 17 with 1634 viewsBigCommon

This "is" the run in....
Play strongest available team....
Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:25 - Apr 17 with 1603 viewsFrimleyBlue

No point saving players for Saturday if we fail to win tomorrow.

Strongest side out tomorrow. Win the game then bring them off.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:26 - Apr 17 with 1600 viewsitfcjoe

No need or time to overthink things - just win baby!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:27 - Apr 17 with 1580 viewsStewart27

You wouldn’t play a weakened team for a cup final. This is one of five.

Points on the board as early as possible. If we get over the line then we can start to rest. Plus they have an entire summer of it.

No need to over think it here.
Login to get fewer ads

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:30 - Apr 17 with 1568 viewsSteve_M

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:27 - Apr 17 by Stewart27

You wouldn’t play a weakened team for a cup final. This is one of five.

Points on the board as early as possible. If we get over the line then we can start to rest. Plus they have an entire summer of it.

No need to over think it here.

Absolutely and, whilst we can afford to drop points in one match, winning tomorrow is imperative in keeping our momentum going and ramping the pressure up on Wednesday and Barnsley.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:30 - Apr 17 with 1568 viewsLankHenners

This is the run in. Strongest XI possible every game and give it both barrels to get us over the line.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:39 - Apr 17 with 1519 viewsJ2BLUE

This really makes zero sense.

Five games to go. Momentum is going to be huge. The other three have what look like potential banana skin games. We just need to keep racking up points.

and we want the team to be as fresh as possible for the run it

This IS the run in. I really can't think of a single reason why this would be a good idea. It's the exact sort of rotating for the sake of it that could start a bad run. Get the points on the board if we can and we might be able to lose both away games* and still go up.

*I don't think we will but who wouldn't want that safety net?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:42 - Apr 17 with 1507 viewsMetal_Hacker

Same starting XI , get the game won and then makes changes

Don't want to be chasing the 3 points with 20 minutes to go making wholesale changes - get it done early and relax

Thrown into the equation I'm travelling down from Sheffield tomorrow and want a festival of football with plenty of goals - in the PV net of course !!!

COYFB !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:46 - Apr 17 with 1463 viewsnorfsufblue

The correct answer is NO
Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:46 - Apr 17 with 1458 viewstractordownsouth

Much better to start with them and then give them a rest if we're a few goals up in the second half, rather than running the risk of failing to break the opposition down and then bringing them on in a panic.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:52 - Apr 17 with 1386 viewsITFC_Forever

This is the home straight, the final countdown.

Every win is vital now and we need to start our best side every time - if / when we are able to rack up a few goals by the 60th / 70th minute, then we can bring the fresh legs on.

Now is not the time to be tinkering and changing too much.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 11:52]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 11:10 - Apr 17 with 1286 viewsWhos_blue

No way.

Go and win the game with the best team.

This is not an "easy" fixture. It's just the next game and we need to win it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 11:10 - Apr 17 with 1277 viewsStokieBlue

I find these posts very weird.

Why overcomplicate things? There are 5 games left, play our best team and try and win as many as possible.

Resting players is a bizarre concept to me at this stage.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 11:41 - Apr 17 with 1172 viewssuffolkpoker

The side will be unchanged unless its forced by injury.
I would say Ladapo is fighting hard to say otherwise.

We made a triple sub with Burns, Broady and Hirst at 70min. I would expect all 3 off them to start again tomorrow.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 11:45 - Apr 17 with 1157 viewschicoazul

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:09 - Apr 17 by SitfcB

Unchanged. Start the best team available every game.

Taking Broadhead et al off can come into play once the game is won.

100% correct.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 11:48 - Apr 17 with 1110 viewsclive_baker

No chance. Give ourselves the best chance of bagging 3 points tomorrow then cross the Peterborough bridge when we come to it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We are in the 'run in' so go with best 11 on 12:02 - Apr 17 with 1020 viewsDyland

Rotate during games if necessary/possible depending on match situation.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 12:11 - Apr 17 with 976 viewsN2_Blue

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 10:23 - Apr 17 by BigCommon

This "is" the run in....
Play strongest available team....

Exactly - this is the run in!

Weird how so many people are saying rest the team when there are 5 games left and we need to try win every game.

If we rested players for tomorrow night and didn't come away with 3 points can you imagine the fall out! It would be crazy and an almighty cock up.

The only way we are changing line up from our best team (which i think was the line up v Charlton) is if there are few knocks.

But you play the best available 11 for each of these last 5 games. End of.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 12:53 - Apr 17 with 867 viewsmonty_radio

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 12:11 - Apr 17 by N2_Blue

Exactly - this is the run in!

Weird how so many people are saying rest the team when there are 5 games left and we need to try win every game.

If we rested players for tomorrow night and didn't come away with 3 points can you imagine the fall out! It would be crazy and an almighty cock up.

The only way we are changing line up from our best team (which i think was the line up v Charlton) is if there are few knocks.

But you play the best available 11 for each of these last 5 games. End of.

I think that McK's early days, when he was putting out a team thatconsisted of someone else's players, perhaps invited the idea that he was serial changer. The current 65 minute all -change has not erased the the idea from the casual observer. But the Christmas purchases have enabled him to select the same, settled side.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Stick or Twist - my suggestions for tomorrows game Broadhead, Hirst on the bench on 13:16 - Apr 17 with 775 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I really think we need to have a great big argument about this and start lots of infighting and bickering. The season is going far too well, it's very un-Ipswich and un-TWTD.

FWIW, I think we can make changes to the starting line up and easily take 3 points against Vale. It all depends for me on whether any of our "first 11" are carrying any niggles or suffering fatigue. Fortunately we have a fantastic fitness team, so instead of it being left to the hunch of the coaching team and players who will say whatever they need to say, the fitness team use science (maybe they have those Star Trek scanners?) and they can decide who if anyone needs to have a rest. Without doubt, we need to be at full strength v Peterborough and Barnsley

Poll: would you rather

Yeah man. (n/t) on 13:17 - Apr 17 with 767 viewsBloots

We are in the 'run in' so go with best 11 on 12:02 - Apr 17 by Dyland

Rotate during games if necessary/possible depending on match situation.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024