Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two options…. 19:34 - Apr 27 with 4964 viewsBluePG

Stay in the stands and watch the players celebrate for some considerable time, or run on the pitch, meaning players will dash to changing rooms, and 95% of fans won’t see them again until August.

Surely it’s a no-brainer?

Poll: Best Dane?

Two options…. on 19:37 - Apr 27 with 3352 viewswkj

It will be interesting if / how people observe it. With technology today I would imagine if just a few break the rules they will be given a little break from portman road.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Two options…. on 19:49 - Apr 27 with 3249 viewsnorfsufblue

Two options…. on 19:37 - Apr 27 by wkj

It will be interesting if / how people observe it. With technology today I would imagine if just a few break the rules they will be given a little break from portman road.

So if you fancy a season ticket next year there ,stay in your seat because there maybe a few become available after all?
Two options…. on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 3192 viewsHerbivore

Pitch, pitch, pitch, pitch!!!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Two options…. on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 3197 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not really the only two option. Pitch invasions often involve players staying on the pitch and celebrating and sometimes they clear the pitch eventually and have their lap of honour with their kids, etc.

If the club don’t want it, fair enough. Seems a shame to me but that’s their right. I’m surprised at the preemptive response from some fans even before the announcement. I’m struggling to describe it, but conditioned, fearful, compliant, subservient, timid are words that come to mind. Kind of a lack of agency and wanting to be constrained/told what to do. Whereas a pitch invasion is normally a spontaneous outpouring of emotion, always positive from what I’ve seen.

Still, I suppose the fear of a nutter and repercussions are real, however unlikely. As I said, a shame that we’re so risk adverse but it’s the club’s decision to make.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Two options…. on 20:00 - Apr 27 with 3161 viewsHipsterectomy

Two options…. on 19:56 - Apr 27 by Herbivore

Pitch, pitch, pitch, pitch!!!

Div

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Two options…. on 20:01 - Apr 27 with 3148 viewsParky

Two options…. on 19:56 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

Not really the only two option. Pitch invasions often involve players staying on the pitch and celebrating and sometimes they clear the pitch eventually and have their lap of honour with their kids, etc.

If the club don’t want it, fair enough. Seems a shame to me but that’s their right. I’m surprised at the preemptive response from some fans even before the announcement. I’m struggling to describe it, but conditioned, fearful, compliant, subservient, timid are words that come to mind. Kind of a lack of agency and wanting to be constrained/told what to do. Whereas a pitch invasion is normally a spontaneous outpouring of emotion, always positive from what I’ve seen.

Still, I suppose the fear of a nutter and repercussions are real, however unlikely. As I said, a shame that we’re so risk adverse but it’s the club’s decision to make.

The club were never going to actively condone it and have to be seen to ‘try’ and prevent it. IF we win, think it’ll happen and then everyone will clear for the lap of honour etc.
Two options…. on 20:02 - Apr 27 with 3141 viewsMetal_Hacker

FFS ……

Let’s get the result first 🤦🏻

Poll: If it were one or the other

Two options…. on 20:08 - Apr 27 with 3078 viewsBluePG

Two options…. on 20:02 - Apr 27 by Metal_Hacker

FFS ……

Let’s get the result first 🤦🏻

There is that!

Poll: Best Dane?

Login to get fewer ads

Two options…. on 20:09 - Apr 27 with 3075 viewsSwansea_Blue

Two options…. on 20:01 - Apr 27 by Parky

The club were never going to actively condone it and have to be seen to ‘try’ and prevent it. IF we win, think it’ll happen and then everyone will clear for the lap of honour etc.

Yeah, I was going to add something along those lines but was already waffling on enough. I don’t think they’ll be any comeback for people who do go on the pitch either. Not if there’s a load - it’d be hard to punish and ban thousands. And REALLY bad press too.

Often players want a gap before a lap of honour anyway - people will need something to do to fill the time 😜

Two options…. on 20:30 - Apr 27 with 2946 viewsKropotkin123

Just a couple of people, invading the pitch. Look at how annoyed people are in the stands. They're not clapping, they're holding their hands up shouting "for the love of god, don't ruin it for the rest of us". It clearly had a negative impact too. After that the players went on to win the play-offs and qualified for Europe the next season. We don't want to go to Europe, that's why we voted for Brexit. It's a no-brainer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/runninginsuffolk/37815997742

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Two options…. on 20:40 - Apr 27 with 2881 viewsgosblue

Please stay off the pitch. Can we just have a vocal celebration similar to the one at Barnsley on Tuesday night. That was something to be proud of and will live long in the memory. If we go up, I think the open top bus could finish in the stadium with thousands of fans in the stands and on the pitch to share the joy. Monday 8th is a bank holiday to celebrate the coronation of Town as league one champions. COYB
Two options…. on 20:45 - Apr 27 with 2886 viewsThe_Snake

We asked for owners that would invest, connect with the fans and progress the club.

And a manager and a team that would entertain and bring us success that we can be proud of.

All they’ve asked for in return is that we stay off the pitch on Saturday should we achieve that, so we can all revel in the glory.

Surely it’s not too much to ask.
Two options…. on 20:48 - Apr 27 with 2797 viewsSwansea_Blue

Two options…. on 20:30 - Apr 27 by Kropotkin123

Just a couple of people, invading the pitch. Look at how annoyed people are in the stands. They're not clapping, they're holding their hands up shouting "for the love of god, don't ruin it for the rest of us". It clearly had a negative impact too. After that the players went on to win the play-offs and qualified for Europe the next season. We don't want to go to Europe, that's why we voted for Brexit. It's a no-brainer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/runninginsuffolk/37815997742

All those people have been in jail since then, def info.

Actually, isn’t one of our TWTD regulars in this picture or am I getting confused with another often seen photo?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 20:48]

Two options…. on 20:52 - Apr 27 with 2738 viewsbluelagos

Two options…. on 20:48 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

All those people have been in jail since then, def info.

Actually, isn’t one of our TWTD regulars in this picture or am I getting confused with another often seen photo?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 20:48]

Amazing how the fun police are going into over drive on here over this.

Since when do people think they have the right to tell others how to behave/celebrate? If the younguns go for it, good luck to them.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Two options…. on 20:58 - Apr 27 with 2677 viewsParky

Two options…. on 20:52 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

Since when do people think they have the right to tell others how to behave/celebrate? If the younguns go for it, good luck to them.

Genuinely think I’ve seen more people moaning about a potential pitch invasion, than I have people planning it etc.
Two options…. on 21:01 - Apr 27 with 2653 viewsbluelagos

Two options…. on 20:58 - Apr 27 by Parky

Genuinely think I’ve seen more people moaning about a potential pitch invasion, than I have people planning it etc.

Peak Twtd innit

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Two options…. on 21:03 - Apr 27 with 2637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Two options…. on 20:52 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

It’s a bit odd isn’t it. I understand the worry over a security risk, but let’s face it if someone did want to harm a player it would be pretty easy to just jump out from the stand during a match or have a go when they get off a bus. There’s hardly a ring of security around them at all times.

Invading the pitch is obviously a no during matches, but a once in 20 years pitch invasion after a game to celebrate a promotion? If you can’t celebrate that, what’s the point. Might as well sit at home and watch on iFollow. It’s not even obligatory- people are welcome to stay in the stands.

It’s increasingly the norm in the UK. We let the worst elements dictate to the masses. We’re always very risk adverse.

Two options…. on 21:18 - Apr 27 with 2597 viewsSitfcB

Honestly shouldn’t be surprised at the reaction of a potential pitch invasion, our fanbase has to be the wettest in the country.

Little pitch invasion, pitch clears, players come out.

Club have to be seen to discourage it but I think the want the fans to do it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Two options…. on 21:26 - Apr 27 with 2461 viewsBlueForYou

Two options…. on 20:45 - Apr 27 by The_Snake

We asked for owners that would invest, connect with the fans and progress the club.

And a manager and a team that would entertain and bring us success that we can be proud of.

All they’ve asked for in return is that we stay off the pitch on Saturday should we achieve that, so we can all revel in the glory.

Surely it’s not too much to ask.

Thought that was nicely put.
Two options…. on 21:50 - Apr 27 with 2343 viewsthebooks

Two options…. on 19:56 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

Good post 👍

Our club, so our right. We always used to do it on the last day of the season: it was an expression of that ownership. It was never a problem.

Yes, a section of fans like being put in their place 🤷‍♂️
Two options…. on 21:52 - Apr 27 with 2334 viewsLankHenners

Two options…. on 20:58 - Apr 27 by Parky

Don't think that's true at all, would say there are far more complaints about the mere thought of there not being one. Think it's one of those things where people have a fairly strong stance and anything that counters it they find very unreasonable for whatever reason.

Obviously things like saying people should be banned or fined etc. is a bit OTT but seems a bit off to me that fairly reasoned posts being wary of a pitch invasion are getting met with 'fun police out in force', 'our fans are so pathetic' etc. as if people have said they want to ban Christmas.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Two options…. on 21:52 - Apr 27 with 2326 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Two options…. on 21:03 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

It’s a bit odd isn’t it. I understand the worry over a security risk, but let’s face it if someone did want to harm a player it would be pretty easy to just jump out from the stand during a match or have a go when they get off a bus. There’s hardly a ring of security around them at all times.

Invading the pitch is obviously a no during matches, but a once in 20 years pitch invasion after a game to celebrate a promotion? If you can’t celebrate that, what’s the point. Might as well sit at home and watch on iFollow. It’s not even obligatory- people are welcome to stay in the stands.

It’s increasingly the norm in the UK. We let the worst elements dictate to the masses. We’re always very risk adverse.

People seemed to be having a good time at Barnsley the other night…and not a pitch invasion in sight. It is possible to celebrate without a pitch invasion. The club have asked people to stay off the pitch. Those running the club have rescued us from obscurity. Not too much to ask for in return is it?

Poll: Our final position

Two options…. on 21:57 - Apr 27 with 2240 viewsxrayspecs

So, do you do what you want to do and spoil it for the rest, or do as asked so we can all enjoy the moment?

Simples.

You have no right to grace the PR pitch.

Stay in the stands or hopefully a long term ban. There are plenty who will have your STs.
Two options…. on 22:06 - Apr 27 with 2197 viewsSwansea_Blue

Two options…. on 21:52 - Apr 27 by southnorfolkblue

People seemed to be having a good time at Barnsley the other night…and not a pitch invasion in sight. It is possible to celebrate without a pitch invasion. The club have asked people to stay off the pitch. Those running the club have rescued us from obscurity. Not too much to ask for in return is it?

Of course it’s possible not to go onto the pitch and fair for the club to ask. It’s also a very likely thing that could happen.

It just seems a strange thing to get hung up on when pitch invasions have been a part of football for decades. Every club also asks fans not to persistently stand, but that doesn’t stop every away sport across the country standing through every match. It seems a bit of a weird thing for fans to be trying to police other fans over.

Two options…. on 22:08 - Apr 27 with 2188 viewsVegtablue

Two options…. on 21:18 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

Honestly shouldn’t be surprised at the reaction of a potential pitch invasion, our fanbase has to be the wettest in the country.

Little pitch invasion, pitch clears, players come out.

Club have to be seen to discourage it but I think the want the fans to do it.

I think it's obvious they don't want a pitch invasion. No criticism of what people choose to do, but anyone telling themselves they are fulfilling the silent wish of our coaching or playing staff is lying or delusional lol.

Do it because you want to in spite of the team's wishes, because you've waited far longer for this success than they have. No need for fake justifications!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024