Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Town XI 12:14 - Jun 17 with 8218 viewsFlorianFletcher

Any tweaks? We really have had some dross at times haven't we

(5-2-1-2 formation)

Will Norris

Jordan Spence
Josh Earl
Darren O'Dea
Ivar Ingimarsson
Zeki Fryers

Jonathan Douglas
Giles Coke

Paul Taylor

Balint Bajner
Leon Best

Poll: Thoughts on the away kit?

Worst Town XI on 12:17 - Jun 17 with 4621 viewsParisBlue

Vermund Brekke Skard should be the first name on this list.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Worst Town XI on 12:18 - Jun 17 with 4612 viewsFlorianFletcher

Worst Town XI on 12:17 - Jun 17 by ParisBlue

Vermund Brekke Skard should be the first name on this list.

Have heard plenty about him but genuinely can't even remember seeing him play, so couldn't really include him in my XI

Same with Mark Fish

Poll: Thoughts on the away kit?

Worst Town XI on 12:36 - Jun 17 with 4562 viewsRobTheMonk

Some of Lamberts loan were atrocious, but Josh Harrop was especially bad. I’d swap out O’Dea for him.

Best for Ellington.

Malacyzk for Spence.
Worst Town XI on 12:58 - Jun 17 with 4516 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andy Marshall for keeper?

Dominic I-Awful ought to be in with a shout too.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Worst Town XI on 13:00 - Jun 17 with 4516 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Douglas wasn't that bad.

First season especially he was ok.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Worst Town XI on 13:09 - Jun 17 with 4492 viewsChurchman

I’ll go:

ALB (not as bad as Norris but sinking feeling whenever I heard his name on the team sheet)
Graham Harbey (‘liability’ covers it)
Thomas Gaardsoe (Thought he looked promising. He wasn’t)

Polish Pete (must have won a competition in a pub to play. Couldn’t play)
Drissa Diallo (he was so bad in pre season my dad started taking the Mickey loudly. His misses was sitting in front, as we found out later. She didn’t look happy and neither did we. Hopeless)

Jonathan Douglas (gets my vote as the worst player I’ve ever seen in an Ipswich shirt). Just awful. Every week.
Giles Coke (was he actually a player?)
Georges Santos (Looked bad, was bad)

Nathan ‘Duke’ Ellington (you could have used his shorts as sails on the Cutty Sark and it’d never have lost to Thermopylae. Woeful player)
Lee Chapman (tucked away his pension dough here for standing around. Stole a living)
Sylvan Eubanks-Blake (see Ellington. The state of him…)

You are right. We’ve had a lot of dross here. All the ones you mention, Nolan, drusy, Balkenstein, Lee Martin - oh how Man U must have laughed when Keane actually paid money for him. The list goes on.
Worst Town XI on 13:15 - Jun 17 with 4470 viewsHipsterectomy

Norris, Spence, O'Dea and Douglas wouldn't come close to a worst XI

you're looking at the adam proudlock, bilel mohsni, sean st ledger...players who literally did nothing for us

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Worst Town XI on 13:25 - Jun 17 with 4429 viewsNthQldITFC

Worst Town XI on 13:09 - Jun 17 by Churchman

I’ll go:

ALB (not as bad as Norris but sinking feeling whenever I heard his name on the team sheet)

Drissa Diallo (he was so bad in pre season my dad started taking the Mickey loudly. His misses was sitting in front, as we found out later. She didn’t look happy and neither did we. Hopeless)

Jonathan Douglas (gets my vote as the worst player I’ve ever seen in an Ipswich shirt). Just awful. Every week.

Nathan ‘Duke’ Ellington (you could have used his shorts as sails on the Cutty Sark and it’d never have lost to Thermopylae. Woeful player)
Lee Chapman (tucked away his pension dough here for standing around. Stole a living)

You are right. We’ve had a lot of dross here. All the ones you mention, Nolan, drusy, Balkenstein, Lee Martin - oh how Man U must have laughed when Keane actually paid money for him. The list goes on.

'you could have used his shorts as sails on the Cutty Sark and it’d never have lost to Thermopylae.' - PMSFL, thank you!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Town XI on 13:36 - Jun 17 with 4393 viewswoodbridge_blue

How has this thread been going for over an hour and no one has mentioned Larsen Toure?

"The Guinean Beckham"!!!!!

Or is he excused for sheer comedic value?
Worst Town XI on 13:42 - Jun 17 with 4374 viewsoldburian

You young ones have never experienced a goalkeeper the standard of Jim Thorburn, Jackie Milburn signed him from Raith Rovers who had been relegated with goals conceded in excess of 130. When we had Marshall Tony Garnett and I reckoned he was the worse since him but not as bad.

We also signed their centre half, Jack Bolton, who actually was not the worst. Jackie Milburn did have an eye for a player, Danny Hegan and Frank Brogan spring to mind, but he must have had an eye infection in signing Thorburn. His confidence was totally shot.

I have looked on the internet for his career and he is apparently revered in Scotland as a ‘legendary goalkeeper’ Says a lot for the standard in Scotland at the time!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 14:01]
Worst Town XI on 13:45 - Jun 17 with 4364 viewsN2_Blue

I’ll go:

Thomas Gaardsoe?? Really. Didn’t hit the height expected but wasn’t terrible by any means, then did his knee and was never the same, but to feature in a worst ever Town 11, that is harsh. Very harsh

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Worst Town XI on 13:48 - Jun 17 with 4359 viewsN2_Blue

Worst Town XI on 13:15 - Jun 17 by Hipsterectomy

Norris, Spence, O'Dea and Douglas wouldn't come close to a worst XI

you're looking at the adam proudlock, bilel mohsni, sean st ledger...players who literally did nothing for us

Disagree of Darren O’Dear. Worst player I’ve seen in the flesh for Town over more than just one appearance. There have been Town players who have appeared once who’ve been worse but he was terrible every time he played.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Worst Town XI on 13:50 - Jun 17 with 4357 viewspointofblue

Since I started following Town…

Pullen

Veseli
Karbassiyoon
Fish
Scales

Harrop
Barry
Coke
Norfolk

Brekke Skaard
Axedal
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 14:09]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Worst Town XI on 13:53 - Jun 17 with 4324 viewshunty21

I’ll go:

How on earth is gaardsoe in the worst 11 he was great when he got going solid and scored from set plays sold sue to needing the money.
A player to add to the mix is Tony Dining so weak and did nothing on the ball, also jay mceverley the most negstive left back i have seen and also james Pullen in goal when he let 2 sitters in versus walsall i think awful as a player
Worst Town XI on 14:05 - Jun 17 with 4268 viewsoldburian

Worst Town XI on 13:53 - Jun 17 by hunty21

How on earth is gaardsoe in the worst 11 he was great when he got going solid and scored from set plays sold sue to needing the money.
A player to add to the mix is Tony Dining so weak and did nothing on the ball, also jay mceverley the most negstive left back i have seen and also james Pullen in goal when he let 2 sitters in versus walsall i think awful as a player

Agree about Gardsoe and I saw the Pullen debacle but still stand by my view that Thorburn is the worst keeper we have had.
Worst Town XI on 14:19 - Jun 17 with 4224 viewsSuperblue95

Loach, Sammon and Thatcher are 3 deserving to be in the debate that I’ve not seen mentioned

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Worst Town XI on 14:41 - Jun 17 with 4180 viewsFifeITFC

A few names off the top of my head for consideration.

GK: Tom Carson, Jon Hallworth, James Pullen

Defenders: Graham Harbey, Chris O'Donnell, Chris Swailes, Jordan Spence, Amir Karic, Irvin Gernon, David Hill, Jay McEverley, Dan Harding

Midfielders: Jonathan Douglas, Vemund Brekke-Skaard, Michael Cheetham, Glenn Pennyfather, Jon Nolan

Forwards: Gerry Creaney, Neil Woods, Lee Chapman, Michael Cole, Jonas Axeldahl, Rory Fallon, Marlon Harewood
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 14:55]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Worst Town XI on 14:47 - Jun 17 with 4164 viewsScuzzer

Being a mere whippersnapper you would not have any experience of the left back Graham Harbey in action...easily the most technically deficient player Town has ever had.

Established 1968

Worst Town XI on 14:48 - Jun 17 with 4161 viewsBlueBadger

You could pick pretty much any lineup from 18/19 and it would be tough to argue against

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worst Town XI on 14:50 - Jun 17 with 4156 viewsScuzzer

Wasnt Gaardsoe our leading scorer in that season of despond. Something like seven or eight I believe. Nowhere near this bad XI.

Established 1968

Worst Town XI on 14:56 - Jun 17 with 4137 viewsFifeITFC

Worst Town XI on 14:50 - Jun 17 by Scuzzer

Wasnt Gaardsoe our leading scorer in that season of despond. Something like seven or eight I believe. Nowhere near this bad XI.

Whilst I agree Gaardsoe should be no-where near a worst XI team, he was never top scorer.

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=playerProfile&last=Gaardsoe&

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Worst Town XI on 15:46 - Jun 17 with 4037 viewsMedwayTractor

Worst Town XI on 13:42 - Jun 17 by oldburian

You young ones have never experienced a goalkeeper the standard of Jim Thorburn, Jackie Milburn signed him from Raith Rovers who had been relegated with goals conceded in excess of 130. When we had Marshall Tony Garnett and I reckoned he was the worse since him but not as bad.

We also signed their centre half, Jack Bolton, who actually was not the worst. Jackie Milburn did have an eye for a player, Danny Hegan and Frank Brogan spring to mind, but he must have had an eye infection in signing Thorburn. His confidence was totally shot.

I have looked on the internet for his career and he is apparently revered in Scotland as a ‘legendary goalkeeper’ Says a lot for the standard in Scotland at the time!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 14:01]

Thorburn played 10 games in Division 1 (top tier), then 14 after relegation to Div 2. He conceded 59 goals in those 24 games, including 6 at Liverpool, 9 at Stoke and 6 at Spurs, all in the space of a month. He kept just 4 clean sheets, oddly the only one of them in Div 1 was against Wolves, who included Ray Crawford, Town's all time top scorer!

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Worst Town XI on 15:50 - Jun 17 with 4026 viewsCrock

Worst Town XI on 14:50 - Jun 17 by Scuzzer

You are probably thinking of Claus Thomsen

Poll: Favourite number?

Worst Town XI on 15:52 - Jun 17 with 4021 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agreed. He wasn’t close to this list. Went on to have a couple of decent years at WBA including in the PL afterwards too.

Dinning is a worthy addition. Very poor.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 15:53]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Worst Town XI on 15:54 - Jun 17 with 4005 viewsStewart27

I’ll go:

Thomas Gaardsoe is the worst shout I’ve ever heard.

And this includes every Frimey Blue post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024