Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Thomas 17:56 - Jul 15 with 7284 viewsBlueandTruesince82

New host of soccer Saturday.

That's Saturday afternoons ruined for me.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Simon Thomas on 01:11 - Jul 16 with 2059 viewspatrickswell

I know he's a Norwich fan, but one can only wish him luck because the shoes he's stepping into are absolutely massive.
Simon Thomas on 04:20 - Jul 16 with 2014 viewsAsa

Simon Thomas on 21:53 - Jul 15 by ArnoldMoorhen

Anyone who has been aware of all he has been through, and in particular read the truly heartbreaking blog posts following the death of his wife, can surely look past the fact that he supports Norwich, and just be pleased for him that he has his career back on track, can't they?

He grew up in Norfolk has supported them since a child, and unlike most "celebrity fans" stuck with them through the difficult times, rather than just jumping to Chelsea or Man U or Man City.

He is one of the good guys, to be honest, relative to most in the weird world of football celebrity culture.

Full disclosure: I knew him as a kid and was at University with him.

Absolutely.

Couldn’t stand him when he was on Sky. Always came across very anti-Ipswich on our televised games.

But then he went through absolute tragedy and, Norwich or not, I found it impossible not to wish the guy the best. Far more important things in life and if this gets him back on the TV and allows him to get back to as close to the life he had before as possible then good on him.
Simon Thomas on 06:38 - Jul 16 with 1995 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Simon Thomas on 04:20 - Jul 16 by Asa

Absolutely.

Couldn’t stand him when he was on Sky. Always came across very anti-Ipswich on our televised games.

But then he went through absolute tragedy and, Norwich or not, I found it impossible not to wish the guy the best. Far more important things in life and if this gets him back on the TV and allows him to get back to as close to the life he had before as possible then good on him.

Obviously wish him no ill will, I recognise he'd been through a terrible time.

But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching him

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Simon Thomas on 07:43 - Jul 16 with 1949 viewsMullet

Anything which even tangentially keeps Humphreys out of work, can only be a good thing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Simon Thomas on 07:44 - Jul 16 with 1951 viewshoppy

Anyone who has been aware of all he has been through, and in particular read the truly heartbreaking blog posts following the death of his wife, can surely look past the fact that he supports Norwich, and just be pleased for him that he has his career back on track, can't they?

He grew up in Norfolk has supported them since a child, and unlike most "celebrity fans" stuck with them through the difficult times, rather than just jumping to Chelsea or Man U or Man City.

He is one of the good guys, to be honest, relative to most in the weird world of football celebrity culture.

Agreed with this.

I also knew him for years as a kid - my Nan lived in Cromer, where he grew up. Still have very occasional contact with him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Simon Thomas on 10:48 - Jul 16 with 1856 viewsGarv

Irrespective of whether Simon Thomas is good or not, the programme should have been retired when Stelling left. He just made it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Simon Thomas on 11:27 - Jul 16 with 1824 viewsJ2BLUE

Simon Thomas on 10:48 - Jul 16 by Garv

Irrespective of whether Simon Thomas is good or not, the programme should have been retired when Stelling left. He just made it.

Completely disagree. He was great but the format is still brilliant and there's a reason that even now BT/BBC can't create a version which gets anywhere near it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Simon Thomas on 11:45 - Jul 16 with 1813 viewsGarv

Simon Thomas on 11:27 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

Completely disagree. He was great but the format is still brilliant and there's a reason that even now BT/BBC can't create a version which gets anywhere near it.

Fair enough. If it's your preferred way to follow the scores then maybe it doesn't necessarily matter who's presenting.

I do agree the BT version was pretty poor. Just seemed so casual and unprofessional.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Thomas on 12:37 - Jul 16 with 1784 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Whilst fully endorsing this, Arnie, I would just have to say that, as Simon comes from Cromer, I would expect him to be "relative to most".

(Sorry, too tempting)

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Simon Thomas on 12:39 - Jul 16 with 1782 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I didn't know he was a Norwich fan, I just remember him from Blue Peter

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Simon Thomas on 12:41 - Jul 16 with 1778 viewspointofblue

Jeff supported Hartlepool but never came across as slagging off - even light heartedly - their nearest rivals. Hopefully Simon will present in the same way, otherwise I won't be watching.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Simon Thomas on 12:48 - Jul 16 with 1759 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Absolutely, and he's a good presenter too and a good guy, having bumped into him once after a Nodge v Ipswich game he was covering

He cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as that other Nodge supporting so called football presenter.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Simon Thomas on 13:57 - Jul 16 with 1728 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Simon Thomas on 11:27 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

Disagree,the bbc version is ok. It’s the one l usually watch. If it’s not on for any reason then l tend to watch sky.
Simon Thomas on 19:37 - Jul 16 with 1599 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Simon Thomas on 12:37 - Jul 16 by You_Bloo_Right

Whilst fully endorsing this, Arnie, I would just have to say that, as Simon comes from Cromer, I would expect him to be "relative to most".

(Sorry, too tempting)

Very nicely done!
Simon Thomas on 09:30 - Jul 17 with 1504 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Think it's quite a sensible appointment; you're going to need a different type of personality to Stelling and Simon Thomas genuinely is a good guy so really happy for him. He'll be great I'm sure - it's the panel that needs looking at now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Simon Thomas on 09:42 - Jul 17 with 1494 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm chuffed for the lad.

Sosueme.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Simon Thomas on 11:06 - Jul 17 with 1418 viewswischip

It's a bit of a poisoned chalice, taking on the role vacated by Jeff. It's sort of a bit like replacing Angus Deayton on Have I got News for You. Rather that give it to 1 person they should have perhaps rotated 6 different people for a year to take the pressure off and see who naturally emerges over time. I had a bit of a random thought that Omid Djaalili might be good at it.
Simon Thomas on 12:22 - Jul 17 with 1362 viewshunty21

Laura wood would of been perfect
Simon Thomas on 13:46 - Jul 17 with 1319 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Simon Thomas on 11:06 - Jul 17 by wischip

It's a bit of a poisoned chalice, taking on the role vacated by Jeff. It's sort of a bit like replacing Angus Deayton on Have I got News for You. Rather that give it to 1 person they should have perhaps rotated 6 different people for a year to take the pressure off and see who naturally emerges over time. I had a bit of a random thought that Omid Djaalili might be good at it.

Ian Stone will be the comedian who thought he was in with a chance. He is a very good comedy club circuit headliner who has found his niche in sports comedy banter, initially through Fighting Talk. He is better at it than Lloyd Griffith, in my opinion, and has crafted a niche hosting various Zoom panel chats for SkySports. I have worked with them both in my time as a comedy promoter. Adding either to the panel would seriously up the quality, but Ian would definitely be a fantastic addition.

Omid Djalili doesn't need it. He picks and chooses what he does, and can make more from one night in a big venue than a lot of people make in a year. I don't think he would want to be tied down, to be honest, and can't see him putting in the work to know who Scunthorpe's back up striker is. He is likeable, charming and very outgoing, but is best holding court and dining out on anecdotes, not one for rattling through 20 goal alerts in 3 minutes with little nuggets and colourful detail thrown in.

A journalist/broadcaster is a much safer bet than a comedian, but Sky should consider bringing Ian Stone onto the panel.
Simon Thomas on 20:24 - Jul 17 with 1248 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Simon Thomas on 12:41 - Jul 16 by pointofblue

Jeff supported Hartlepool but never came across as slagging off - even light heartedly - their nearest rivals. Hopefully Simon will present in the same way, otherwise I won't be watching.

I think it is OK for him to have some clear dislike of us, just as any of us would of them. It has to be done in a way that is respectful, though.

And, it will be even better if he has to do it from a clear position of envy as we rise up the table and they sink dramatically down it.

I would enjoy seeing him "over to Portman Road where it is even more bad news for my side in yet another embarrassing performance. Can it get any worse, Bianca?"

"Oh, yes, Simon, even as I speak Conor Chaplin is piling on the misery."

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024