Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going to be off isn' t it? 09:07 - Oct 20 with 10076 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Annoying as I was oddly looking forward to a solo trip up there!
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:12 - Oct 20 with 4729 views_clive_baker_

I'm debating how long to leave it before setting off if we haven't heard anything. It's saying 2hrs 40 from where I am in West Suffolk, but I've got a half day and was planning to leave at about 2pm to try and break the back of it before work traffic and perhaps get there in time for a bit of dinner. If it's called off you would think a decision would be made by then wouldn't you?
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:14 - Oct 20 with 4697 viewsDubtractor

Feel for any of you planning the trip north, but I think I'd prefer it to be called off, rather than play a team like Rotherham on a mud patch.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:16 - Oct 20 with 4675 viewsSomethingBlue

I do hope so, to be honest – while the prospect of having more points on the board going into Saturday is extremely appetising, this one has danger written all over it and our preparation hasn't been ideal. Happy to save it til March.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:22 - Oct 20 with 4564 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:16 - Oct 20 by SomethingBlue

I do hope so, to be honest – while the prospect of having more points on the board going into Saturday is extremely appetising, this one has danger written all over it and our preparation hasn't been ideal. Happy to save it til March.

"our preparation hasn't been ideal"

I'm intrigued. How so?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:24 - Oct 20 with 4535 viewsPaul

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:12 - Oct 20 by _clive_baker_

I'm debating how long to leave it before setting off if we haven't heard anything. It's saying 2hrs 40 from where I am in West Suffolk, but I've got a half day and was planning to leave at about 2pm to try and break the back of it before work traffic and perhaps get there in time for a bit of dinner. If it's called off you would think a decision would be made by then wouldn't you?

I can't see how it can go ahead. Conditions up here (20 mins away) are dreadful, 2 inches of rain since midnight, its relentless. Flooding developing widely too.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:25 - Oct 20 with 4509 viewsDubtractor

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:22 - Oct 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

"our preparation hasn't been ideal"

I'm intrigued. How so?

Burns injured. Players on international duty, so limited time on the training pitch.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:26 - Oct 20 with 4493 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:25 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

Burns injured. Players on international duty, so limited time on the training pitch.

Isn't that just the life of a successful team? And why we have so much strength in depth?
Not that it matters, I'll be staggered if it goes ahead.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 9:27]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:31 - Oct 20 with 4394 views_clive_baker_

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:25 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

You could argue playing Rotherham in better conditions that lend themselves to playing football on the deck would be favorable for us, and with Burns / Tuanzebe in the mix.. Having said that they're very short at the back with some key players missing, and there's no guarantees we have better availability when we do play them. The respective form of both sides suggests it's as good a day as any get get this one ticked off.

I think it's true that if it goes ahead tonight it's likely to be a scrap on a heavy and soggy pitch, but we've got players who can scrap. Burgess, Woolf, Williams, Clarke, Morsy, Hirst, Chappers. None of those will be shy of this sort of game.
Login to get fewer ads

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:35 - Oct 20 with 4298 viewsnorfsufblue

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:14 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

Feel for any of you planning the trip north, but I think I'd prefer it to be called off, rather than play a team like Rotherham on a mud patch.

Even if it was on would it be a mud patch?.... they now have a partly stitched pitch by the same company who did ours and we know we like a slick surface.... wouldn't get much slicker than tonight again IF it's on!
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:36 - Oct 20 with 4282 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:12 - Oct 20 by _clive_baker_

Having the same debate! I'm in London so would leave around 1:30ish I think. Surely it'll be an early decision given the tv, distance to be travelled etc.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:37 - Oct 20 with 4254 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Rotherham station currently closed due to flooding. Not looking great…

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:43 - Oct 20 with 4185 views_clive_baker_

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:36 - Oct 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Having the same debate! I'm in London so would leave around 1:30ish I think. Surely it'll be an early decision given the tv, distance to be travelled etc.

You would think so. I don't know what they'll know at 4pm that they don't know at 11am, so no need to make a late call really.

Having said that it's on SKY, and they'll be keen to keep it on.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:50 - Oct 20 with 4086 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:43 - Oct 20 by _clive_baker_

You would think so. I don't know what they'll know at 4pm that they don't know at 11am, so no need to make a late call really.

Having said that it's on SKY, and they'll be keen to keep it on.

They don’t want to be embarrassed on the very slim possibility that they postpone it at midday and then the sun is out come 7.45
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:53 - Oct 20 with 4027 viewskeighleyblue

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:26 - Oct 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Isn't that just the life of a successful team? And why we have so much strength in depth?
Not that it matters, I'll be staggered if it goes ahead.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 9:27]

[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 9:57]
Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 3932 viewsbaxterbasics

I'd be fuming if I was heading up there and they make a decision to cancel an hour before kickoff. If there is any chance they should be communicating it now.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:03 - Oct 20 with 3809 viewsNeedhamChris

Risk of injuries, unfavourable conditions for us - I'd be pretty content to see this called off. We'd still be 5 points clear of 2nd at the very least so doesn't take any pressure off of Preston/Sunderland.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:03 - Oct 20 with 3814 viewsITFC_Forever

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:50 - Oct 20 by Matt_Netherlands

They don’t want to be embarrassed on the very slim possibility that they postpone it at midday and then the sun is out come 7.45

Very slim possibility considering it’s dark by 6 / 6.30.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:06 - Oct 20 with 3752 viewsbrogansnose

Something will have to be decided by 1 pm when the coaches leave PR , I should imagine.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:08 - Oct 20 with 3697 viewsWeWereZombies

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:50 - Oct 20 by Matt_Netherlands

True (but I don't see what the weather the next morning has got to do with things - and according to the BBC the Sun turns away from Rotherham at 17:59) and although the heavy rain is forecast to continue the winds will be moderating by 20:00.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:11 - Oct 20 with 3640 viewshoppy

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:08 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

True (but I don't see what the weather the next morning has got to do with things - and according to the BBC the Sun turns away from Rotherham at 17:59) and although the heavy rain is forecast to continue the winds will be moderating by 20:00.

Will Phil and Gav have a night off, if the winds are moderating from 8pm?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 3592 viewsHerbivore

Phil has put a story up saying it's expected to be on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 3596 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:03 - Oct 20 by ITFC_Forever

Very slim possibility considering it’s dark by 6 / 6.30.

Cor you’ve done me a treat there.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:18 - Oct 20 with 3539 views_clive_baker_

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:36 - Oct 20 by PrideOfTheEast

I'll just be sticking to my plan unless I hear otherwise. If I get up to Rotherham and it's called off then so be it. If you're travelling by train be aware that Rotherham central station is currently closed due to flooding.

Safe travels.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:19 - Oct 20 with 3517 viewskeighleyblue

Going to be off isn' t it? on 09:53 - Oct 20 by keighleyblue

[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 9:57]

It's unlikely to be called off.

Which is unfortunate as I am gonna be sat in Row A right at the front.
Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:24 - Oct 20 with 3451 viewsgainsboroughblue

Going to be off isn' t it? on 10:19 - Oct 20 by keighleyblue

It's unlikely to be called off.

Which is unfortunate as I am gonna be sat in Row A right at the front.

According to the news story, you seem to be right.

To me, this is going to end one of two ways

1. We lose as ball gets stuck in or one of our players falls over in the mud.

Or

2. We go 3 up at half time, game gets abandoned.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024