Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS 16:32 - Nov 21 with 15772 viewsSitfcB

Direct link here:

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/november/21/ticket-details-norwich-city-h/
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 16:33]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:03 - Nov 21 with 1966 viewstownblue

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:00 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....is to get access to away tickets early?

If it was bought to get access to home matches then they would surely have been to 3 home matches by now?

The only other reason it could have been bought was purely to get access to the norwich match, if so, then tough titties.

What about if you have done the aways but not got to many home games due to living away from Suffolk. Still loyal but miss out.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:03 - Nov 21 with 1956 viewsPaul

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 16:58 - Nov 21 by Vegtablue

Oof I think that's a poor call!

ST holders and ST members have a seat in the ground. I support an extra layer to protect those who've made better use of their non-ST membership, but moving other non-ST members behind groups that already own a ticket feels instinctively wrong.

Living oooop North and only having made two visits to PR last year (but a dozen away games) means I'll miss out. It is what it is but is disappointing and I don't think I will renew my membership next year. The price of success eh. Get increasing that capacity ITFC!
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:06 - Nov 21 with 1925 viewsSitfcB

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:00 - Nov 21 by townblue

They should have really made it clear the membership priority could be conditional when selling the memberships. (I'm assuming this wasn't done or clear)

‘The Club reserves the right to monitor attendances and add additional priority levels to sales’

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/11/new-super-blues-membership-revealed/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 1922 viewsReus30

As a member, non ST, who hasn't seen three home games, I understand. I don't quite get the additional tickets for ST holders but whatever, it won't get that far.

People will cry no matter what the club decided. I can't go anyway (400 miles plus a do the night before plus an early KO) but I would have liked to go but it is what it is.

However, I reiterate my point from a couple of days ago and I have already seen some BS on social media - if some jolly little tourists get to see this game and I don't, I will be so mad.... inside. I don't give a rats bum your spurs supporting kid doesn't get to go. Be a better dad you melt!
The new process is a right result.... on 17:09 - Nov 21 with 1895 viewsBloots

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:07 - Nov 21 by Reus30

As a member, non ST, who hasn't seen three home games, I understand. I don't quite get the additional tickets for ST holders but whatever, it won't get that far.

People will cry no matter what the club decided. I can't go anyway (400 miles plus a do the night before plus an early KO) but I would have liked to go but it is what it is.

However, I reiterate my point from a couple of days ago and I have already seen some BS on social media - if some jolly little tourists get to see this game and I don't, I will be so mad.... inside. I don't give a rats bum your spurs supporting kid doesn't get to go. Be a better dad you melt!

...I'll be able to get additional tickets for a couple of my mates now.

One is Spurs and the other Arsenal, but they fancy going to the norwich match.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:10 - Nov 21 with 1888 viewsVegtablue

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:00 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....is to get access to away tickets early?

If it was bought to get access to home matches then they would surely have been to 3 home matches by now?

The only other reason it could have been bought was purely to get access to the norwich match, if so, then tough titties.

There's a substantial group that bought for early access to home tickets only. Impossible to guess how many have failed to meet the Norwich criteria but I personally know five who definitely haven't, two of which live on the edge of Europe. Perhaps many know a lot personally and we've sold in the high thousands of these, hence the policy change.
"A local club, for local fans" (n/t) on 17:11 - Nov 21 with 1871 viewsBloots

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:03 - Nov 21 by townblue

What about if you have done the aways but not got to many home games due to living away from Suffolk. Still loyal but miss out.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 1858 viewstownblue

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:06 - Nov 21 by SitfcB

‘The Club reserves the right to monitor attendances and add additional priority levels to sales’

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/11/new-super-blues-membership-revealed/

I mean technically they haven't added an additional priority level, they have just changed one. If it was members with 3 home games, then members without a season ticket, then the rest I think that would be more acceptable
Login to get fewer ads

This is gonna be subjective I guess on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 1864 viewsDyland

To me it seems pretty fair even though it's hard luck on people who only bought membership to get a ticket for Norwich. It's rewarding loyalty. I wonder if there will be enough to go round members who have been to at least three home matches in er... thirty one matches is it?

Tough titties on the glory boys and girls, sorry :)

N.B. I have an ST but no membership this season as I'm less able to get to aways atm.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If they bought the membership.... on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 1847 viewsBloots

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:10 - Nov 21 by Vegtablue

There's a substantial group that bought for early access to home tickets only. Impossible to guess how many have failed to meet the Norwich criteria but I personally know five who definitely haven't, two of which live on the edge of Europe. Perhaps many know a lot personally and we've sold in the high thousands of these, hence the policy change.

....for home matches then why haven't they actually used it for that?

What you really mean is that they bought it for this match specifically.

Nobody appears to be talking about the fact that norwich fans could have used that approach too, now they can't.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 17:15]

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Arfarama (n/t) on 17:17 - Nov 21 with 1779 viewsDyland

The new process is a right result.... on 17:09 - Nov 21 by Bloots

The new process is a right result.... on 17:18 - Nov 21 with 1762 viewsVegtablue

The new process is a right result.... on 17:09 - Nov 21 by Bloots

That's the reality isn't it? 😂 Probably means I'll be able to get someone a ticket, which creates an unwanted headache in itself, and plenty will buy for random friends/family who fall far below the investment criteria of non-ST members that are effectively barred from purchase. Hey ho.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:22 - Nov 21 with 1692 viewsxrayspecs

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:00 - Nov 21 by townblue

They should have really made it clear the membership priority could be conditional when selling the memberships. (I'm assuming this wasn't done or clear)

The club made it clear that they reserved the right to introduce additional criteria when memberships were sold. They did not specify what the criteria would be as I suspect they did not know what they were going to need to do.

FWIW, I think this is a reasonable step to take, it rewards members who come to home games to the detriment of those who have bought memberships just to come to the Norwich / Leeds / Leicster games.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:22 - Nov 21 with 1698 viewsChris_ITFC

Scenario…

Dad and son go to 3 matches.

Dad is the “purchaser” of all 6 tickets obviously.

Son is only the “owner” of 3, but hasn’t “purchased” any.

Does son qualify?
"non-ST members that are effectively barred from purchase" on 17:23 - Nov 21 with 1694 viewsDyland

The new process is a right result.... on 17:18 - Nov 21 by Vegtablue

That's the reality isn't it? 😂 Probably means I'll be able to get someone a ticket, which creates an unwanted headache in itself, and plenty will buy for random friends/family who fall far below the investment criteria of non-ST members that are effectively barred from purchase. Hey ho.

You mean... "non-ST glory boys who've been to fewer than three in thirty odd home matches, who bought membership only to get a ticket for Nodge, that are effectively barred from purchase"... ja?

Scum, sub human scum. (n/t) on 17:25 - Nov 21 with 1630 viewsBloots

"non-ST members that are effectively barred from purchase" on 17:23 - Nov 21 by Dyland

You mean... "non-ST glory boys who've been to fewer than three in thirty odd home matches, who bought membership only to get a ticket for Nodge, that are effectively barred from purchase"... ja?

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:26 - Nov 21 with 1625 viewsxrayspecs

Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:03 - Nov 21 by townblue

If you cannot get to home games normally, then why should you suddenly be able to make the Norwich game?
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:26 - Nov 21 with 1612 viewstownblue

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:22 - Nov 21 by xrayspecs

The club made it clear that they reserved the right to introduce additional criteria when memberships were sold. They did not specify what the criteria would be as I suspect they did not know what they were going to need to do.

FWIW, I think this is a reasonable step to take, it rewards members who come to home games to the detriment of those who have bought memberships just to come to the Norwich / Leeds / Leicster games.

I get why they have done it. The person I know who has missed out has been to more than 3 away games on their membership. Also more than 3 at home games during the period but went with someone else and didn't use their membership number as wasn't required to get home tickets.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:29 - Nov 21 with 1570 viewsMullet

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 16:46 - Nov 21 by bluelagos

Maybe a few Northern blues got membership for priority on a few away games?

Am sure they'll voice their displeasure if that's the case.

Yeah, mine was really for away games and I got shafted on that a little already this season. I've done one home game so far due to the kids, but wouldn't be able to do this one even if I wanted to.

So effectively, I'm not arsed.

The biggest issue is the club are on a sort of "suck it and see" model with this and that always means people are going to be upset or smug if they fall just to the one side of the line. I think it would have helped if this was all announced at the start of the season.

A good example being the Rotherham point. People keeping those and then a new 10pt barrier being put in for Brum, had a knock on effect for WBA and you couldn't anticipate or do anything about it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:30 - Nov 21 with 1564 viewsxrayspecs

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:22 - Nov 21 by Chris_ITFC

Scenario…

Dad and son go to 3 matches.

Dad is the “purchaser” of all 6 tickets obviously.

Son is only the “owner” of 3, but hasn’t “purchased” any.

Does son qualify?

I strongly suspect that this means that there is a record on their membership account of them having a ticket for three different home games, irrespective of who paid for it.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:33 - Nov 21 with 1527 viewsFoD_Blue

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 16:56 - Nov 21 by JakeITFC

I think that’s pretty poor really - people will have paid £40 for priority and now don’t have any at all.

Obviously doesn’t affect me personally (in fact probably helps me as a ST and a member) but I feel like this is town moving the goalposts which will piss people off.

What's to stop a Norwich supporter at the start of the season buying a membership to try to get a ticket in the home end, in the knowledge they won't be able to get one in the away end? It makes for an expensive ticket, but I'm sure it's been considered.

The solution is to make sure that those who get priority actually go to home games. This seems to be the best solution to keep the home areas to only home fans. I'm guessing it's not about penalising people, but more about ensuring proper segregation.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:33 - Nov 21 with 1523 viewsDinDjarin

Weird one this. I have so many people asking me to try and get them a ticket as I guess have others and any of those who manage to get them for friends or family will be giving them to people who have paid zero towards a membership.

For what it worth I am unable to make the match so have offered our season tickets up.
Only slightly gutted the one home match we cannot attend is this one!!.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:33 - Nov 21 with 1519 viewsxrayspecs

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:26 - Nov 21 by townblue

I get why they have done it. The person I know who has missed out has been to more than 3 away games on their membership. Also more than 3 at home games during the period but went with someone else and didn't use their membership number as wasn't required to get home tickets.

I have some sympathy with this, making sure you are on the school register for each game you attend has only become a thing this season, which has caught a number of folk out. The reality is it would be really difficult to retrospectively update records and would be open to abuse by some fans.
NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 17:34 - Nov 21 with 1515 viewsSkip_Intro

NORWICH (H) TICKET DETAILS on 16:55 - Nov 21 by SitfcB

yeah I really hope that the club read his blubbing post and change the rules so that someone who bothers their arse to go to home games misses out just so that he can persuade his disinterested son to change his allegiance...what a tool...
Surely the main reason for buying a membership.... on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 1484 viewsAlanG296

Finding opponents more than they fund ITFC. People who do should donate the difference to ITFC to offset the financial support they give to teams that are trying to stop us achieving ur goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024