Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. 08:51 - Dec 11 with 6474 viewsunstableblue

… given our success and club health

https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-edition/?do=findC

Focus starting to move to their chairman Lansdown

Of course many many still got the confirmation bias and hold him responsible, and you know Ashton may have dropped some clangers there given the environment.

I just think our org structure and the recruitment of McKenna and his coaching team has suited Ashton. His reign CEO is a roaring success by many measures.

I do agree with some cities posters that we will need to see our latest financial results to gauge some health of the Ashton project. But our on-field success will be helping the finances no end.

(Note - if you’re not interested in other clubs fans views please ignore this post)

[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 8:56]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No, no, no, he needs to stay…..! on 11:56 - Dec 11 with 1548 viewsBloots

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 10:56 - Dec 11 by tractorboy1978

I have no idea how you haven't been banned yet.

….so far literally every prediction he has made has resulted in exactly the opposite happening.

He is proving to be a good luck charm that continues to provide great results.

Long live Bellend the Elephant!

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:00 - Dec 11 with 1527 viewsIllinoisblue

Would be interested to read Watford’s fans’ views on Ashton and if they despise as much as the cider boys do.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:23 - Dec 11 with 1481 viewsitfcjoe

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 09:02 - Dec 11 by bournemouthblue

Yes, the last suggestion I have heard from them is they are still picking up the pieces from Ashton in regards to FFP

I'm pretty sure they were spend friendly prior to Ashton without much success either though

Their fans don't seem to acknowledge that a team that relies on player trading, i.e. selling players either from transfers or the academy regularly for a big fee, came up against a massive COVID shaped wall.

There were plenty of businesses that saw there usual practices, through no fault of their own, hit a wall - but ultimately the backside fell out of the markets that they usually sold into and it really hurt them.

So yes, he did leave them up against it FFP wise, but also, it was down to a once in a lifetime global pandemic

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:38 - Dec 11 with 1441 viewsHipsterectomy

Davefevs was on here in the summer promising us that Davis wouldn’t get anywhere near as many assists as he got last year as the championship doesn’t work like that and teams know how to defend.

Thats still probably one of the most ignorant, incorrect and just outright bitter comments I’ve ever read on here and proves how little the little “Mark Ashton expert” knows about football

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:48 - Dec 11 with 1416 viewsnodge_blue

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 10:55 - Dec 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Slightly unfair. Lansdown wasn’t prepared to fund the theory any longer so Ashton took the franchise elsewhere - O’Leary having identified that chancers using US pension money would have three years to make a killing

Bristol City have remained sustainable under Lansdown - while the carpetbaggers are burning through money at 100% more than income at Town. Having gone up a year behind schedule they are now eyeing the mirage of Prem money a year ahead of schedule.

Is it sustainable? Clearly not. Are supporters happy clearly yes - who cares if it is no longer anything much to do with Ipswich.

The problems will surface if the money tap is cut off when things go slightly (or very) pear-shaped. At least Bristol City have a chairman from Bristol who is interested in the club and Bristol and is probably funding the club with money saved by living in Guernsey. A hobby project.

What do Town have - a cabal of chancers financed by a pension fund that is seeking a financial return above market rate. Not many clubs in the Prem make any money - so the losses must surely be being funded to add value and find someone or some people who haven’t noticed that small clubs bs in the Prem quickly lose a big fortune.

Budgieintheroom

The US pension fund could chose to stop funding the club. True. By that that time though we would have a nice new training ground, new pitch, revamped stadium, good squad of players, good coaching staff, active and reinvigorated fan base.

Anyone in their right mind would take that.

Goodbye.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:53 - Dec 11 with 1403 viewsCoastalblue

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 10:55 - Dec 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Slightly unfair. Lansdown wasn’t prepared to fund the theory any longer so Ashton took the franchise elsewhere - O’Leary having identified that chancers using US pension money would have three years to make a killing

Bristol City have remained sustainable under Lansdown - while the carpetbaggers are burning through money at 100% more than income at Town. Having gone up a year behind schedule they are now eyeing the mirage of Prem money a year ahead of schedule.

Is it sustainable? Clearly not. Are supporters happy clearly yes - who cares if it is no longer anything much to do with Ipswich.

The problems will surface if the money tap is cut off when things go slightly (or very) pear-shaped. At least Bristol City have a chairman from Bristol who is interested in the club and Bristol and is probably funding the club with money saved by living in Guernsey. A hobby project.

What do Town have - a cabal of chancers financed by a pension fund that is seeking a financial return above market rate. Not many clubs in the Prem make any money - so the losses must surely be being funded to add value and find someone or some people who haven’t noticed that small clubs bs in the Prem quickly lose a big fortune.

Despite your authorative tone you do seem lack understanding in many areas, making assumptions from afar I would guess?

I think a lot of fans of other clubs also look at us and make assumptions that are perhaps not unreasonable, I suspect I do it with other clubs too. There seems to be thought that we have spent big on players, often fuelled by the turnover we had a little while back. Not many actually look at figures and see what we actually spent in terms of fees. Wages will have undoubtedly increased, and revenues would have grown as well.

I would suggest the area we perhaps do spend more than most is in the support roles, but even then we were started at a base of pretty much zero.

I genuinely don't believe we have money worries, even should we not go up this year and even if we do, let's face it that would have been deemed as unlikely before a ball was kicked and budgets would have been prepared with that in mind.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 13:04 - Dec 11 with 1374 viewslizzibee

Oh good they are back - had missed these posts for a while. I think they are more obsessed with us than Leeds, and that says something. Love all the inaccurate researching on size of town and what its famous for.
What a really strange bunch
Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 13:39 - Dec 11 with 1333 viewsRyorry

"What do Town have - a cabal of chancers"

That right there immediately defines you as a yellow-feathered 'friend' - or at least you're in no way a Town fan. Not a single genuine ITFC supporter would describe our excellent new owners in any such way (esp after the ME years!) & after what they've already done for us, particularly with the huge investment in infrastructure - new pitch etc. - which is for the long-term, quite aside from the astute investments in personnel - KM & MA particularly.

Can't think why you're still posting on here tbh.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 13:42 - Dec 11 with 1326 viewsWD19

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:00 - Dec 11 by Illinoisblue

Would be interested to read Watford’s fans’ views on Ashton and if they despise as much as the cider boys do.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/3995357.oliver-phillips-reflects-on-the-
Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 14:12 - Dec 11 with 1258 viewsStu_Magoo

I pity you.

Either you do believe the drivel that spills from your keyboard and have a very dark and sad outlook on life in general. Or you do it purely for the baiting of a load of strangers on the internet.

I do actually think you're a Town fan, on a few threads your random stat recall has been excellent but they are usually stats from the 60's or 70's, making me think you are of advancing years. Maybe join a bowls club or try and hook up with someone from the local WI? At the very least get outside, touch some grass and smile about the fact we have a team capable of giving the Budgies a damn good thumping come Saturday.
Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 14:33 - Dec 11 with 1237 viewsfarkenhell

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 13:42 - Dec 11 by WD19

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/3995357.oliver-phillips-reflects-on-the-

There's no way that's Mark Ashton in that photo - even without the beard!
Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 15:58 - Dec 11 with 1170 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 11:49 - Dec 11 by Illinoisblue

Here he is. Edgy the Elephant.

Edgy the elephant packed her trunk And said goodbye to the forum, off she went in a humpty hump, hump, hump hump!

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 22:39 - Dec 11 with 990 viewsSitfcB

Down vote troll farm account.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 11:15 - Dec 12 with 840 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 10:56 - Dec 11 by tractorboy1978

I have no idea how you haven't been banned yet.

I guess It's called freedom of speech.
BTW, The first return from a google search (because I'm lazy) is a Guardian article with figures from 5 years ago which showed 7 EPL sides making a loss - Bournemouth, Palace, Everton, Stoke, Swansea, Watford & WBA.
I just watched the Life's a Pitch episode with Ashton on 11:41 - Dec 12 with 812 viewsDyland

Nothing disingenuous about him there. It's a job at the end of the day, but he's not doing the charity work for himself. Fair play. He comes across very well in that interview.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No, no, no, he needs to stay…..! on 11:45 - Dec 12 with 795 viewsBiGDonnie

No, no, no, he needs to stay…..! on 11:56 - Dec 11 by Bloots

….so far literally every prediction he has made has resulted in exactly the opposite happening.

He is proving to be a good luck charm that continues to provide great results.

Long live Bellend the Elephant!

Ol Elle the belle(nd) ain't even close to being the worst poster on TWTD either.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Football isn't sustainable on 11:52 - Dec 12 with 786 viewsDyland

Is what it is. You've given up on it, fair enough. The last (sort of) "Ipswich man" chairing us oversaw admin, as you are aware.

As it happens, I think we'll be bought by the Sultan of Brunei, arf.

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 11:53 - Dec 12 with 783 viewsBobbychase

Even Bristol City fans are questioning their Ashton position.. on 12:48 - Dec 11 by nodge_blue

Budgieintheroom

The US pension fund could chose to stop funding the club. True. By that that time though we would have a nice new training ground, new pitch, revamped stadium, good squad of players, good coaching staff, active and reinvigorated fan base.

Anyone in their right mind would take that.

Goodbye.

Indeed. When the US owners leave we will have:

1 A completely revamped stadium with possibly more than one new stand
2 Ownership of more land near the stadium to make it a focal point as a seven-day-a-week business
3 A new training ground
4 A reinvigorated support base with new generations hooked in thanks to the form of the team and the club's outreach work in Suffolk since Ashton came in.
5 A revitalised Academy

As an aside, our next three home games are already 29,000 sell outs. I see a lot of empty seats at Ashton Gate these days.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Ha, innit! on 11:54 - Dec 12 with 780 viewsDyland

No, no, no, he needs to stay…..! on 11:45 - Dec 12 by BiGDonnie

Ol Elle the belle(nd) ain't even close to being the worst poster on TWTD either.

nfft

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024