Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night 14:09 - Dec 13 with 3054 viewsVic

you found yourself moving from hope to expectation? I've been hoping we might be good enough, hoping that we will keep our form, hoping that we won;t get found out.

But something about last night said to me that we are the real deal and that what is going on isn't a bubble that will burst. THIS is it - we are what we are, we really are one of the best in this league and unless we really lose form (which I can't see) we are going up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 3021 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm saving that transition for early January, when I hope to fully shift!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 3024 viewshoppy

Definitely paying the kind of football that you just can't take your eyes off... can't imagine anyone wanting to just go and have a bath during the game or anything like that... would just be absurd, wouldn't it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:16 - Dec 13 with 3004 viewsVic

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:12 - Dec 13 by hoppy

Definitely paying the kind of football that you just can't take your eyes off... can't imagine anyone wanting to just go and have a bath during the game or anything like that... would just be absurd, wouldn't it?

You what - having a bath during a game? Whoever it was - numpty!

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:16 - Dec 13 with 2999 viewshoppy

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:16 - Dec 13 by Vic

You what - having a bath during a game? Whoever it was - numpty!

I guess they were just trying to prove a point, about bubbles not bursting, perhaps?...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:18 - Dec 13 with 2979 viewswkj

Always hope. The last thing I want is expectation to sully the experience if we do go through a blip. If the season ends without promotion I will be gutted, but not angry.

That said, if we get to Feb and we're 7-10pts clear of third, I will start reserving a few pairs of knickers, ready for when the 'waving them above ones head' moment arrives.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 14:19]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:20 - Dec 13 with 2958 views_clive_baker_

Standing there at the end gave me Derby away vibes. Perhaps not the comprehensiveness of the performance, but this group of players and manager is very special.

I think we'll do it.
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 14:29 - Dec 13 with 2914 viewsBigCommon

Be foolish to expect that we are already promoted.... But nights like last night, certainly give us confidence going into other tough matches... Similar to Bolton away last season, before a run of difficult fixtures...
I'm certain that we are in the play offs. Which was all I hoped for at the start of this season. And I'm almost certain ,that we will strengthen in the window and give it our best shot at top 2...
I need to get through December and January where we've got a couple of key players missing. And see what the table says. But we've put ourselves in a great position. We saw what happened to SW last season. I don't think we will nosedive the way they did. But it is a reminder of what football throws up, sometimes. And I'm sure KM, can use that as an example, to keep the lads focused.
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:18 - Dec 13 with 2768 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not yet, not til April at least. Too much time still to go and lots of tough games, we can beat anyone but I will kor do a Shef Weds and count chickens to soon, to expect is far to tempting of the fates for me

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:28 - Dec 13 with 2739 viewsDinDjarin

Beat Norwich, get any result v Leeds and Leicester then may start to believe.

And Morsy to get booked v Leicester so misses Stoke and QPR and back in time for when Masso goes awy.
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:44 - Dec 13 with 2690 viewsdirtyboy

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:18 - Dec 13 by BlueandTruesince82

Not yet, not til April at least. Too much time still to go and lots of tough games, we can beat anyone but I will kor do a Shef Weds and count chickens to soon, to expect is far to tempting of the fates for me

Yeah, Sheffield Wednesday and their attitude really sticks in the mind for me.

Absolutely NOT getting carried away, still keeping hope as the overriding emotion until it cannot be undone.

Let's not be those fans.

Like McKenna says "stay humble"
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:45 - Dec 13 with 2687 viewsKieran_Knows

Far too early for me.

Think these next 3 games are massive though, and could set us up nicely going in to January and strengthening in 2-3 positions to hopefully, get us over the line. Hopefully if we do have deals lined up we can get them in early like we did this January and sit back whilst everyone frantically tries to strengthen their squads (easier said than done of course).

I've said it on several occasions, but we get over defeats really well. We don't seem the type of group that would go on a 5 game run where we win 1, draw 1 and lose 3. That just doesn't seem to be in the makeup of this team.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:52 - Dec 13 with 2650 viewsRyorry

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:44 - Dec 13 by dirtyboy

Absolutely NOT getting carried away, still keeping hope as the overriding emotion until it cannot be undone.

Let's not be those fans.

Yep. "Remember Sheffield Wednesday" was my first thought too.

Hands remain firmly by my sides.

Can anyone remember the approx. date & no. of games played that SW were on when they started their big blip?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:56 - Dec 13 with 2626 viewsWD19

Boro was the shift for me. Nothing about what we are doing is an accident.

Doesn’t mean there won’t be a blip. Doesn’t mean that other teams might not ‘work us out’ a bit. But we are the real deal.
Agreed, far far too early on 16:56 - Dec 13 with 2625 viewsDyland

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:45 - Dec 13 by Kieran_Knows

Far too early for me.

Think these next 3 games are massive though, and could set us up nicely going in to January and strengthening in 2-3 positions to hopefully, get us over the line. Hopefully if we do have deals lined up we can get them in early like we did this January and sit back whilst everyone frantically tries to strengthen their squads (easier said than done of course).

I've said it on several occasions, but we get over defeats really well. We don't seem the type of group that would go on a 5 game run where we win 1, draw 1 and lose 3. That just doesn't seem to be in the makeup of this team.

One game at a time makes a lot of sense, psychologically, because it works for the last game if we've lost or drawn too. Easier to get over things, as well as keep humble and therefore concentrated when we are winning.

The fanbase mustn't get ahead of ourselves, imho. Pride comes before a fall. And there is a long, long way to go. Lose Hirst or Morsy to medium or long term injury e.g. and we are not the same team, as it currently stands.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:58 - Dec 13 with 2616 viewsSaleAway

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:52 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

Yep. "Remember Sheffield Wednesday" was my first thought too.

Hands remain firmly by my sides.

Can anyone remember the approx. date & no. of games played that SW were on when they started their big blip?

Got some mates who are Leeds fans who were saying if we beat them we might be up and away, but I reminded them of what we did to Wednesday last year. Think in mid-feb they were 8 points and a game in hand clear....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 17:04 - Dec 13 with 2593 viewsRyorry

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:58 - Dec 13 by SaleAway

Got some mates who are Leeds fans who were saying if we beat them we might be up and away, but I reminded them of what we did to Wednesday last year. Think in mid-feb they were 8 points and a game in hand clear....

Cheers for the info - hadn't at all remembered that being as late as Feb - should have of course, given our run that started that month.

Think I'll have to put a restraining order on my hands to remain firmly by side for at least a couple of months more then!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 18:38 - Dec 13 with 2480 viewsSouperJim

Took a step towards expectation, certainly. To show the kind of determination it took to win at Middlesbrough and Watford in the space of just a few days, despite going behind... running toward adversity indeed.

Anything is possible, might have even allowed myself a sneaky daydream about celebrating on the Portman Road pitch having pipped Leicester to the title.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 18:46 - Dec 13 with 2452 viewsMK1

I don't expect us to go up, just that I think we will. Been an Ipswich Town supporter for more years than most, so know the score with expectations. Let's just see how the season pans out and enjoy the ride.
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 19:34 - Dec 13 with 2370 viewsDubtractor

Get through the next 3 and still have a 7 point or greater gap, then I'll definitely start believing we have an incredible opportunity, but expectation is a while off yet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 22:24 - Dec 13 with 2262 viewsFrimleyBlue

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 17:04 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

Cheers for the info - hadn't at all remembered that being as late as Feb - should have of course, given our run that started that month.

Think I'll have to put a restraining order on my hands to remain firmly by side for at least a couple of months more then!

Whilst it's true Wednesday blew it.

It can't be forgotten that town won an astonishing amount of games to nick 2nd place.

Not saying leeds aren't capable of doing so... but what we did was very very special.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 23:01 - Dec 13 with 2197 viewsVic

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 16:44 - Dec 13 by dirtyboy

Let's not be those fans.

Yep, totally with you. Perhaps I should say ‘hope moving to confidence’ rather than expectation.

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 01:47 - Dec 14 with 2089 viewsKievthegreat

If we beat Scum and get at least a draw with Leeds I'm fully believing. 10 point margin at the halfway point, knowing that they don't play us again would be massive.

22nd January is when I think we get a really good lay of the land. We'll have played both Leeds and Leicester twice. 3 massive games to get through first though. UPPA TOWEN!
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 03:10 - Dec 14 with 2058 viewsX0Y0

So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 01:47 - Dec 14 by Kievthegreat

If we beat Scum and get at least a draw with Leeds I'm fully believing. 10 point margin at the halfway point, knowing that they don't play us again would be massive.

22nd January is when I think we get a really good lay of the land. We'll have played both Leeds and Leicester twice. 3 massive games to get through first though. UPPA TOWEN!

I would never say 'expecting', but confidence grows.

I'm also not thinking too hard about it until 22nd Jan. We'll also have played Sunderland twice, and both Southampton and WBA away of the (current) top 6 - only leaving home matches at the latter two.

Even then I wouldn't say 'expecting.' Leeds have the quality in their squad to match our form in the second half of last season.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 3:18]
So hands up, (or up votes) if after last night on 10:26 - Dec 14 with 1784 viewsScotBlue

Like most I am waiting til the end of January, BUT if we have a cushion over third at this point I will start to belive strongly.
Our difficult run is now upto the Leicester away game. Leeds run in to the end of the season also looks tricky and will have no time to overcome it like us, and if we have a gap on them they will need to be doing everything to win. There run in is
Watford [A]
Hull [H]
Coventry [A]
Sunderland [H]
Blackburn [H]
Middlesbrough [A]
QPR [A]
Southampton [H]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024