Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest 11:05 - Dec 15 with 4304 viewshype313

Wish I was as optmisitc and joyous as the rest of you!

Just can't stomach it, probably a bit of recent PTSD.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:06 - Dec 15 with 3471 viewslowhouseblue

by all logic tomorrow should be great. but the downside is horrible and confidence is currently competing with dread for me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:07 - Dec 15 with 3458 views_clive_baker_

There's definitely an element of that. Objectively I think we're the better team right now, we've beaten better than Norwich and our home for is exceptional.

You just know Ashley Barnes will sh1thouse a late winner out of nothing though. I've seen too many games against that lot to not allow myself any degree of confidence.

Still, this is a very different Ipswich to the one we've seen for most of that time. And whatever happens, we'll be sat on 51, 52 or 54 points after 22 games, 1st or 2nd in the league and with everything to play for.

COYB
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 11:12]
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:12 - Dec 15 with 3376 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just another league game.

The dread comes from the passion. But it just a league game and if we lose we lose. Regardless we still end up minimum 7 points clear of 3rd. And even if nodge win we are still 19 ahead of them. So really nothing to be worried about.

I think our lads are grounded enough to go out. Play the game and get 3 points tho. So here's to being double points ahead of nodge tomorrow. Still 10 clear minimum from 3rd.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:20 - Dec 15 with 3295 viewsKeno

you aint alone Hypey

Its the hope that gets you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:25 - Dec 15 with 3275 viewsLankHenners

I'm a bit all over the place with it as well - keep flip flopping between thinking a) they've got some handy players in attack but an iffy defence and nothing in the way of protection for it in midfield, we're so strong at home that if they try and go toe-to-toe with us we'll overpower them and they simply don't have the requirements to sit back and contain us, meaning we'll win comfortably, and b) what if Barnes bullies us in the air or Sara/Rowe slams one or two in from 25 yards, what if Clarke/Williams gets too eager and gets themselves sent off?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:31 - Dec 15 with 3217 viewssolemio

It's only a football match against a team up the road. The day will still dawn on Sunday - unless Putin does something very silly.

It would be great if I really felt like that!!
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:31 - Dec 15 with 3209 viewsKeno

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:12 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

The dread comes from the passion. But it just a league game and if we lose we lose. Regardless we still end up minimum 7 points clear of 3rd. And even if nodge win we are still 19 ahead of them. So really nothing to be worried about.

I think our lads are grounded enough to go out. Play the game and get 3 points tho. So here's to being double points ahead of nodge tomorrow. Still 10 clear minimum from 3rd.

blimey thats a very sensible posts

Who are you and what have you done with Frimmers

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:33 - Dec 15 with 3201 viewsghostofescobar

I was uber confident early in the week, massively looking forward to the game. That’s ebbed away all week and I am now a nervous wreck. I had two bad dreams about the game last night, both of which woke me up with a racing heartbeat! Plus a Nodge supporting bloke I know texted me this morning saying we are the better team and we will batter them. That’s made me even more nervous! I detest them so much that I can’t face us not winning! Aarrrrghh! Football!

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:34 - Dec 15 with 3186 views_clive_baker_

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:25 - Dec 15 by LankHenners

I'm a bit all over the place with it as well - keep flip flopping between thinking a) they've got some handy players in attack but an iffy defence and nothing in the way of protection for it in midfield, we're so strong at home that if they try and go toe-to-toe with us we'll overpower them and they simply don't have the requirements to sit back and contain us, meaning we'll win comfortably, and b) what if Barnes bullies us in the air or Sara/Rowe slams one or two in from 25 yards, what if Clarke/Williams gets too eager and gets themselves sent off?

Also it's the Championship innit. On another day Blackburn or Cardiff could've got a result at PR, Watford could on Tuesday. Not saying they're underserved wins, but it's often very, very fine margins isn't it, and there's going to come a time when we're on the wrong end of some. Hopefully not tomorrow. The odds will tell you if we play the game 5 times they probably win 1, we draw 1 or 2, and we win 2 or 3. Feels about right, but does also mean there's a 40% ish chance we don't win.

Positivity though. We're due this, we're clearly going to be bang up for it and for the first time in a long time I would think they're more concerned about our threats than we are of theirs.

COYB
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:39 - Dec 15 with 3141 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Burnt too many times. Yeah we should win but it doesn't mean owt.

Shall be hiding.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:47 - Dec 15 with 3079 viewsBuhrer

I do feel for you, as I have had similar difficulties. Sometimes things can seem too hard. Let's run towards adversity.
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 14:29 - Dec 15 with 2841 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:12 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

Spot on.

Forget who the opposition is. The real point is that if we win we go into next weeks game v Leeds with a minimum 10 point buffer. That needs to be the motivation tomorrow and we'll be fine

Poll: Our final position

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 15:26 - Dec 15 with 2698 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Head says 4-1, heart says Christmas could be ruined tomorrow.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 15:45 - Dec 15 with 2624 viewsstonojnr

These games are always like that, regardless of form and shoulds or ifs, just have to ride the roller coaster of emotions, try not to get too stressed, till the final whistle. Trust in McKenna.
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 16:12 - Dec 15 with 2506 viewscressi

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 15:45 - Dec 15 by stonojnr

These games are always like that, regardless of form and shoulds or ifs, just have to ride the roller coaster of emotions, try not to get too stressed, till the final whistle. Trust in McKenna.

Don't panic this team will tear Norwich apart the pace and speed we will attack score early and it could be a nightmare for our budgie friends I honestly see us scoring 3 or 4 let's enjoy. 😀
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 16:23 - Dec 15 with 2478 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

If we lose, we're still second with points in hand, if we draw, we're still second with points in hand, if we lose, it will be Norwich's biggest achievement in 3 years, but they still won't be second with points to spare.
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 16:30 - Dec 15 with 2447 viewsJimmy86

Glad I'm not the only one! I'm nervous about tomorrow, I have to say.. think it'll go 1 of 2 ways... We'll either win and smash them, or they'll nick an ugly win and the winless run will continue...

Derby day is like the grand national, form goes out the window and my son is now 11 and we haven't beaten Norwich in his life time! The banter era, to coin a phrase won't truly be over, until we beat them!

COYB!
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:06 - Dec 15 with 2358 viewspatrickswell

It’s just about bringing this damned drought to an end really, isn’t it? 12 games without a win is just ridiculous really. The previous longest unbeaten run in the fixture was 8 games for Town between March 1978 & December 1980. Which, for John Bond, must have felt analogous with the issues McCarthy’s sides had in the derbies over the 8 he managed us in; plenty of fight but not enough quality plus our own fecklessness in February 2018, “Hey lads, do you fancy actually achieving something for a change? Hold on for 6 minutes and you can make a piece of positive history.” “Ummm….nah, you’re alright, we’ll take the draw.”

And then bookending all that, we have the milksop, pizz weak mentality of the sides that Keane and Jewell put out in this fixture. People criticise Skuse and Chambers, but they never looked as utterly befuddled and clueless in this fixture as the likes of McAuley, Delaney and Leadbitter did.
And then latterly, Paul Hurst manages not to lose a derby albeit with a side which shows how utterly debased we had become over the course of summer 2018; while our last meeting with them sees an equally clueless side led by a man who chooses to act like an utter fool - I mean sod trying to win the game when you can try to provoke a fight with people who think you’re an irrelevance.

Humiliation, disappointment, embarrassment, heartbreak - we’ve seen it all in this fixture over the last 12 meetings. Just give us one win to break that cycle and then what will be, will be.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 17:17]
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:14 - Dec 15 with 2328 viewsRyorry

Yep, likewise. Form counts for diddly squat in derbies. Just hope the ref is decent & the l... word goes our way, or is at least evenly spread.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:16 - Dec 15 with 2306 viewsgtsb1966

Going to absolutely smash 'em. Sit back and chill.
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:29 - Dec 15 with 2228 viewsVic

By just about every matrix we should win this game

Home form is stunning
We haven’t been overawed in any game for over a year now
We’re as big and strong a team as them
We’ve beaten - comfortably - better teams than them
Our general play is better than them
Our defence is better than theirs
Our attack is better than theirs
Our goal keeper is better than theirs
Our manager is a better tactician than theirs
I think we have a better bench than them.

But as cloughie said - the game is played on grass not paper. This is also a Derby so anything could happen. But I am humbly expecting a win by 2 clear goals. I just think we are better than them and that at last we will be able to handle the occasion as well as them.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:37 - Dec 15 with 2186 viewsNutkins_Return

Derbies are a horrible game in that form and ability is offset by the occasion and everyone just being pumped up to the max.

We're better than them now. It just doesn't mean we will win a one off derby. Massive if we win, mostly for the point of keeping us on track for the title ;)
Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:39 - Dec 15 with 2169 viewsDubtractor

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:37 - Dec 15 by Nutkins_Return

Derbies are a horrible game in that form and ability is offset by the occasion and everyone just being pumped up to the max.

We're better than them now. It just doesn't mean we will win a one off derby. Massive if we win, mostly for the point of keeping us on track for the title ;)

Honestly, I'm more bothered about keeping the gap to Leeds, than I am about beating the budgies. That's just an added bonus.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:39 - Dec 15 with 2169 viewsRyorry

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 17:29 - Dec 15 by Vic

By just about every matrix we should win this game

Home form is stunning
We haven’t been overawed in any game for over a year now
We’re as big and strong a team as them
We’ve beaten - comfortably - better teams than them
Our general play is better than them
Our defence is better than theirs
Our attack is better than theirs
Our goal keeper is better than theirs
Our manager is a better tactician than theirs
I think we have a better bench than them.

But as cloughie said - the game is played on grass not paper. This is also a Derby so anything could happen. But I am humbly expecting a win by 2 clear goals. I just think we are better than them and that at last we will be able to handle the occasion as well as them.

In anti-hex mode again -

You didn't say that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 18:08 - Dec 15 with 2094 viewsBramidan

Dreading tommorow if i'm honest on 11:07 - Dec 15 by _clive_baker_

There's definitely an element of that. Objectively I think we're the better team right now, we've beaten better than Norwich and our home for is exceptional.

You just know Ashley Barnes will sh1thouse a late winner out of nothing though. I've seen too many games against that lot to not allow myself any degree of confidence.

Still, this is a very different Ipswich to the one we've seen for most of that time. And whatever happens, we'll be sat on 51, 52 or 54 points after 22 games, 1st or 2nd in the league and with everything to play for.

COYB
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 11:12]

As supporters we of course build the game up and get so so nervous.
The players are professional footballers, not talking about our players but there are a lot of badge kissers in football, playing for clubs they probably had no affinity for before they joined them.
Yes I hope they recognise how important it is for the home fans and they feel this from the crowd.
We want a professional Ipswich display, don’t give away an early goal recognising that they will come out at a 100 mph.
They won’t beat us on skill or tactics so all they have in their locker is effort.
I trust our coach/manager for a professional approach.
Having said that emotionally I hope we embarrass them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024