Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Leaving in Jan 15:27 - Dec 27 with 4888 viewsbob12

I think we may lose a few (Not saying I want them to leave!)

Walton- We know his good enough for Championship, and he won't be happy being no.2, I think he leaves for mid table Champ team.

Edmundson- Again good enough for mid/lower Champ. Not making bench for us now behind Axel, I can see him leaving.

Janoi- Saw how he is comfortable at league one level, not getting anywhere near our team so I reckon will get some interest.

Freddie- Clearly behind Jackson after last night. If we sign another striker and Hirst is only 4/6 weeks out, I think Freddie will go.

Cam Humphreys- Will go on loan.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 15:27]
Players Leaving in Jan on 15:39 - Dec 27 with 4222 viewsSitfcB

Leif Davis to West Ham

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:42 - Dec 27 with 4211 viewsHalifaxBlue

I don't disagree that he could leave, but Donacien hasn't been near the team because he is hurt. It won't be straightforward to let him go because I don't think Williams can be relied upon, but I also think we may want to bring a RB in anyway.

You also can't say someone is clearly behind someone because they were brought on as a sub in one specific match. Especially with McKenna. Horses for courses. But I do think he'll leave.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

I'd heard that too. (n/t) on 15:46 - Dec 27 with 4171 viewsBloots

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:39 - Dec 27 by SitfcB

Leif Davis to West Ham

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:47 - Dec 27 with 4169 viewsVic

Leif Davis to West Ham

What’s the score with this one Sitters? Williams to LB and Clarke staying at RB? Leaves us a bit short - would surely need to get a high quality FB to cover. Not ideal as it would be unnecessary disruption to the team. I think it will take an exceptional bid to get Leif at this point, when surely all our efforts will be going into getting upgrades or better cover where we most need it - CF or central defence.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:55 - Dec 27 with 4079 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:47 - Dec 27 by Vic

What’s the score with this one Sitters? Williams to LB and Clarke staying at RB? Leaves us a bit short - would surely need to get a high quality FB to cover. Not ideal as it would be unnecessary disruption to the team. I think it will take an exceptional bid to get Leif at this point, when surely all our efforts will be going into getting upgrades or better cover where we most need it - CF or central defence.

Rumours that Williams is going back too aren't there?

As for the OP, I think there may be a few surprises on who does or doesn't move. Many of those who aren't playing will be happy to be part of a club potentially heading into the Premier League. They have all had some part in the squad.

As well as Humphreys I wonder if Baggott may go on loan. It is tricky because they are handy to have as cover but in an ideal world they would be getting regular games at League 1 or above.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:57 - Dec 27 with 4042 viewsSheffordBlue

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:55 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rumours that Williams is going back too aren't there?

As for the OP, I think there may be a few surprises on who does or doesn't move. Many of those who aren't playing will be happy to be part of a club potentially heading into the Premier League. They have all had some part in the squad.

As well as Humphreys I wonder if Baggott may go on loan. It is tricky because they are handy to have as cover but in an ideal world they would be getting regular games at League 1 or above.

Baggott loan is harder to sort out as he'll be away with Indonesia for much of Jan - clubs 'in need' of a CB may well get someone in earlier and if the club doesn't 'need' a CB then he might find himself warming the bench elsewhere.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Players Leaving in Jan on 16:01 - Dec 27 with 3989 viewsMetal_Hacker

Leif Davis to West Ham

Can’t see Leif going in Jan in all fairness when we’re as close as you can be to a proper promotion push. Come the end of the season when we perhaps need to balance the books because we spent aggressively in January and failed to get to the Prem , I could see it happening then more so

Poll: If it were one or the other

Players Leaving in Jan on 16:03 - Dec 27 with 3961 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Players Leaving in Jan on 16:01 - Dec 27 by Metal_Hacker

Can’t see Leif going in Jan in all fairness when we’re as close as you can be to a proper promotion push. Come the end of the season when we perhaps need to balance the books because we spent aggressively in January and failed to get to the Prem , I could see it happening then more so

Under FFP, you can't gamble like that without penalty as far as I understand it.

Login to get fewer ads

Players Leaving in Jan on 16:20 - Dec 27 with 3846 viewsDaninthecampo

Players Leaving in Jan on 16:03 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Under FFP, you can't gamble like that without penalty as far as I understand it.

Its based over 3 years so you can bit its a fairly dangerous approach to go too mad!
Players Leaving in Jan on 16:27 - Dec 27 with 3767 viewstextbackup

Players Leaving in Jan on 15:47 - Dec 27 by Vic

BW will be back at Manu in Jan

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players Leaving in Jan on 17:10 - Dec 27 with 3478 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Unless it's a stupid offer, no chance we let Walton leave. Doesn't matter how unhappy he(supposedly) might become.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Players Leaving in Jan on 17:49 - Dec 27 with 3223 viewsNutkins_Return

Love Hladky but he's having a bit of a wobble. Walton saves the Leicester goal 100%. That said Hladky is excellent with feet. Hladky hasn't been bad and I'm not saying it before any pile on. But his form hasn't been quite as strong.

It's been forgotten just how good a goalkeeper Walton is and that is testament to Hladky. If Walton has a good game against Wimbledon I wouldn't be surprised for him to get his place back.
Players Leaving in Jan on 17:55 - Dec 27 with 3163 viewsNutkins_Return

Edmundson has an opportunity with Burgess away so will be going nowhere unless we spend decent money on a CB which I can't see.

It won't be popular but George is still relatively young for a CB and has reasonable pace. Him and Tuanzebe wouldn't be a bad combo.

I love Woolf bit the amount of time's opposition play a through ball down the middle left channel and get in behind. Wolfy is technically good enough but need pace around him. He is slow. It's not the end of the world - see McCauley - but he has to learn to read the game like a McCauley. He can make it. If only Tuanzebe was left sided
Yep. (n/t) on 17:59 - Dec 27 with 3129 viewsBloots

Players Leaving in Jan on 16:27 - Dec 27 by textbackup

BW will be back at Manu in Jan

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:17 - Dec 27 with 3011 viewsHalifaxBlue

Players Leaving in Jan on 17:49 - Dec 27 by Nutkins_Return

Love Hladky but he's having a bit of a wobble. Walton saves the Leicester goal 100%. That said Hladky is excellent with feet. Hladky hasn't been bad and I'm not saying it before any pile on. But his form hasn't been quite as strong.

It's been forgotten just how good a goalkeeper Walton is and that is testament to Hladky. If Walton has a good game against Wimbledon I wouldn't be surprised for him to get his place back.

I work as a GK coach and I had the same thought there to be honest. It's a good finish and it's a bit harsh, but he has to get a step in to his left before he dives there. He has time to do so from that range. His set makes it harder for him too.

Hladky is an extremely talented keeper who has some technical flaws. Walton is technically very good. If you look at their backgrounds, it makes sense. For what it's worth, I think if Hladky had those quirks coached out of him, he wouldn't be where he is now. They are occasionally even what allow him to make saves others wouldn't.

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:20 - Dec 27 with 2980 viewsHalifaxBlue

Players Leaving in Jan on 17:55 - Dec 27 by Nutkins_Return

Edmundson has an opportunity with Burgess away so will be going nowhere unless we spend decent money on a CB which I can't see.

It won't be popular but George is still relatively young for a CB and has reasonable pace. Him and Tuanzebe wouldn't be a bad combo.

I love Woolf bit the amount of time's opposition play a through ball down the middle left channel and get in behind. Wolfy is technically good enough but need pace around him. He is slow. It's not the end of the world - see McCauley - but he has to learn to read the game like a McCauley. He can make it. If only Tuanzebe was left sided

I think we need at least 2 (maybe 3) defenders if we're serious about automatics, so even with Burgess gone I think Edmundson might not play.

We are conceding too many for it to be sustainable IMO. Tuanzebe has the quality but I still think we need a CB and a RB to push (or leapfrog) Clarke, even if that might not be popular.

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:37 - Dec 27 with 2880 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:17 - Dec 27 by HalifaxBlue

I work as a GK coach and I had the same thought there to be honest. It's a good finish and it's a bit harsh, but he has to get a step in to his left before he dives there. He has time to do so from that range. His set makes it harder for him too.

Hladky is an extremely talented keeper who has some technical flaws. Walton is technically very good. If you look at their backgrounds, it makes sense. For what it's worth, I think if Hladky had those quirks coached out of him, he wouldn't be where he is now. They are occasionally even what allow him to make saves others wouldn't.

That's pretty much what Mark Schwarzer said. It was the starting position of his feet and the step to the left and then going with the left hand and not his right. I thought it was a very good finish and he was simply covering his near post but I respect the opinion of those in the know.

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:39 - Dec 27 with 2855 viewsElderGrizzly

Players Leaving in Jan on 17:10 - Dec 27 by JammyDodgerrr

Unless it's a stupid offer, no chance we let Walton leave. Doesn't matter how unhappy he(supposedly) might become.

Plus Hldaky is 33 and Walton only 28.

He’d be silly to jump ship now
Players Leaving in Jan on 18:58 - Dec 27 with 2737 viewsitfcsuth

Freddie or Jackson look the obvious ones. Beyond that, I’m not so sure.

Janoi is an interesting one.

I have to say, I don’t think Harry Clarke has been terrific lately, and as a natural defender Janoi is probably better than Clarke & Williams so surprised he hasn’t had a sniff lately.
Players Leaving in Jan on 22:44 - Dec 27 with 2348 viewsNutkins_Return

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:17 - Dec 27 by HalifaxBlue

Interesting insight. I think he actually takes a step to the right and possibly had his fractions a tad out. He's not the biggest keeper in the world and he's just left a big hole.

His strengths have massively override the weaknesses over the season as a hole. He does seem good at getting off his line and on 1-2-1s (your thoughts?). Crosses and longer shots he's not nearly as strong as Walton. Hladky seems quite an instinctive keeper. Better with less time.
Players Leaving in Jan on 23:04 - Dec 27 with 2226 viewsBondiBlue

Players Leaving in Jan on 17:55 - Dec 27 by Nutkins_Return

I sometimes wonder if i'm watching the same luke woolfendenas others. I've watched him beat obviously quick attackers in a foot race and i'd consider his reading of the game to be his biggest strength. The amount of interceptions he makes seems to meet the eye test but i don't have stats to back it up. His only problem is a slight lack of strength - a few sessions on the weights and he'd be premier league.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Players Leaving in Jan on 23:33 - Dec 27 with 2123 viewsbournemouthblue

Walton going would be mad, there's no way Slicker is able to step up and I suspect there's half a chance of Walton replacing Hladky soon any way, he is better off biding his time and waiting for his opportunity again

There's no way we are selling our highest assister in Davis, whilst we are second in the league, that would be complete and utter insanity, unless we are given an offer we can't refuse and that's surely going to be a bid that is £10 - 20 million+

Williams going back would be a blow and surely makes it less likely we would ship our JD, especially if Burgess is away?

Ladapo might move on, he is a saleable asset

Humphreys certainly could do with a loan, possibly with a recall on it, should we get injuries but I assume we may bring in another midfielder any way

Is Dom Ball a possibility to go out of interest? It has never quite happened for him here, I suspect he isn't a bad player really but chances have been limited

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I'd heard that too. (n/t) on 00:02 - Dec 28 with 2036 viewsBLUEGOLD

I'd heard that too. (n/t) on 15:46 - Dec 27 by Bloots

Cresswell in exchange???

Plus a shed load of money obviously
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 0:04]
Players Leaving in Jan on 05:37 - Dec 28 with 1837 viewsWestcountryblue

I think we might end up bringing 4-5 through the door, so we will need to alter our current registered players.

For me, the following have probably reached their ceiling :

Aluko (sold or deregisted)
Evans (sold or deregisted)
Donacien (sold)
Ladapo (sold)
Ball & Jackson (depends on how easy it is to bring in McKenna's targets)
Baggott (need to go out to a good League One side)
Humprehys (see Baggott)

Obviously not all of those players will go/be de-registed. But it wouldn't surprise me to see 4-5 through the door. Wouldn't be against recalling El Miz too, as i believe he's an upgrade on the likes of Ball.
Players Leaving in Jan on 06:34 - Dec 28 with 1777 viewsPerublue

Players Leaving in Jan on 18:20 - Dec 27 by HalifaxBlue

I think we need at least 2 (maybe 3) defenders if we're serious about automatics, so even with Burgess gone I think Edmundson might not play.

We are conceding too many for it to be sustainable IMO. Tuanzebe has the quality but I still think we need a CB and a RB to push (or leapfrog) Clarke, even if that might not be popular.

Would Eric Dier be an option ...or am I talking downright silly ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024