Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now 10:57 - Feb 12 with 12739 viewsitfc_bucks

Disappointing that he's felt the need to do that.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:38 - Feb 12 with 2303 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:14 - Feb 12 by textbackup

How do we know what frimmers had going on in his life? not having TWTD as his place to express himself could prove an issue for him.

Nothing that a slap around the head can't put right!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:44 - Feb 12 with 2245 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:38 - Feb 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nothing that a slap around the head can't put right!

I don't think advocating violence against a person is helpful either.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:52 - Feb 12 with 2211 viewstextbackup

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:30 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Err, so it's ok to slag off a player for 3 years to the point where it upsets his parents?

No, sorry, Frimmers has been warned time and time again for his 'posting style'. Like many, I didn't want him banned, but it's not overly surprising, especially when it's brought Phil and TWTD into disrepute. Him and Gav don't need or deserve that.

And it's rather rich coming from you, you've had a good old chuckle at my expense recently despite not knowing what's going on in my life. Seems like you pick and choose who it's ok to have a pop at.

Lol… I knew that would get your juices flowing.

Edit. And 4 downvotes, from the expected crybabies, perfect day
[Post edited 12 Feb 14:32]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:55 - Feb 12 with 2184 viewsRyorry

Dammit, downvoted in error when having a look at the voting pattern 🙄

Poll: Time of the annunciation

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:58 - Feb 12 with 2141 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:55 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

Dammit, downvoted in error when having a look at the voting pattern 🙄

Herbivore keeps doing that on my posts. He can't be doing it on purpose. I mean that would just be childish and pathetic wouldn't it.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:30 - Feb 12 with 1999 viewsfarkenhell

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:00 - Feb 12 by Lord_Lucan

Many many years ago in the land that time forgot, I once sent a fax to the club - FAO James Scowcroft advising him to ignore the boo boys.

I got a phone call from his dad a few days later thanking me.

You do realise that you'll now have to explain to at least 50% of the board what a fax is/was!
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:30 - Feb 12 with 2019 viewsPhilTWTD

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:21 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

I dont think that's a valid excuse. First and foremost, TWTD needs to have a good reputation with the club as a place for SUPPORTERS of the club. I mostly stuck up for Frimmers but never gave any thought to any possible impact his postings might have on players or their families (particularly re. Wes Burns). Once that became apparent, then its clear he was going too far and TWTD rightly doesn't want to be associated with that. I think there is a lesson here for us all to be mindful of what we post as many friends/families/players no doubt browse TWTD.

I think that's a fair point. I don't think anyone messaged us concerned that FB's posts re Wes were any more than run of the mill player criticism and actually from what's been said on here since, I don't think there was anything which was actually nasty or personal, it was the volume and sustained nature, which was something I'd not picked up on at all.

I think it's a wider point that footballers become the subject of discussion, not just on forums like this (or Twitter, where yesterday's issue began incidentally, someone having tweeted WB directly re form), and that they and their families might see what's written is overlooked.

I know an ex-player who never looked at any social media when he was playing and advises players he coaches now not to look at anything. He says that even if there's one negative opinion in 1,000, that will still find a place in the back of your mind.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:48 - Feb 12 with 1917 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:30 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I think that's a fair point. I don't think anyone messaged us concerned that FB's posts re Wes were any more than run of the mill player criticism and actually from what's been said on here since, I don't think there was anything which was actually nasty or personal, it was the volume and sustained nature, which was something I'd not picked up on at all.

I think it's a wider point that footballers become the subject of discussion, not just on forums like this (or Twitter, where yesterday's issue began incidentally, someone having tweeted WB directly re form), and that they and their families might see what's written is overlooked.

I know an ex-player who never looked at any social media when he was playing and advises players he coaches now not to look at anything. He says that even if there's one negative opinion in 1,000, that will still find a place in the back of your mind.

Must admit if I was in the public eye, I wouldn't like to read negative stuff written about me. Social media is the worst invention. It really is a cesspit and affects people's mental health in many negative ways. Not just public figures being destroyed. Young people/children being exposed to nasty stuff, insta perfect life role models making people feel inadequate, political radicalisation. I hate it all.

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing better to do with themselves.... on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 1855 viewsBloots

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:52 - Feb 12 by textbackup

....now Frimmers has gone.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:01 - Feb 12 with 1858 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:52 - Feb 12 by textbackup

You say we should be wary of upsetting Frimmers as we don't know what he's going through, and then people downarrowing your stance here you call "crybabies" and that it's a "perfect day" says more about you than anyone else. This on the back of you the other day thinking "a good slap round the head" is an effective mental health treatment.

It's not only Frimmers who should learn from this experience. Not sure you will though, your moral compass is all over the place.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You say that, but.... on 15:10 - Feb 12 with 1792 viewsBloots

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:48 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

Must admit if I was in the public eye, I wouldn't like to read negative stuff written about me. Social media is the worst invention. It really is a cesspit and affects people's mental health in many negative ways. Not just public figures being destroyed. Young people/children being exposed to nasty stuff, insta perfect life role models making people feel inadequate, political radicalisation. I hate it all.

....you still subscribe to my OnlyFans account don't you?

You say that, but.... on 15:12 - Feb 12 with 1781 viewsblueasfook

You say that, but.... on 15:10 - Feb 12 by Bloots

....you still subscribe to my OnlyFans account don't you?

Damn right. The things you can do with a broom handle amaze me!

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:13 - Feb 12 with 1802 viewsPhilTWTD

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:48 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

I'm sort of at the lowest level of that in that I'm fairly well known locally and so do sometimes get talked about on social media by people who don't know me. Generally, it's been positive - the Free Phil campaign was lovely - but there has been some nasty stuff on occasion, although for some reason it's never been something which has really got to me.

It has become a bit of a joke among friends of mine that at one point when you searched for my name on Google, the first thing which came up was a tweet stating 'Phil Ham is a c---!'.
Nothing better to do with themselves.... on 15:14 - Feb 12 with 1766 viewsblueasfook

Nothing better to do with themselves.... on 14:58 - Feb 12 by Bloots

....now Frimmers has gone.

I am sure some "new posters" will be along soon to entertain us. A tranche has just gone, so some "new posters" usually show up soon after.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:19 - Feb 12 with 1714 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:13 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I'm sort of at the lowest level of that in that I'm fairly well known locally and so do sometimes get talked about on social media by people who don't know me. Generally, it's been positive - the Free Phil campaign was lovely - but there has been some nasty stuff on occasion, although for some reason it's never been something which has really got to me.

It has become a bit of a joke among friends of mine that at one point when you searched for my name on Google, the first thing which came up was a tweet stating 'Phil Ham is a c---!'.

To be fair, Gav was having a rough day and you had eaten the last Hobnob.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Yeah, I saw that EastySplinter or whatever.... on 15:20 - Feb 12 with 1716 viewsBloots

Nothing better to do with themselves.... on 15:14 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

I am sure some "new posters" will be along soon to entertain us. A tranche has just gone, so some "new posters" usually show up soon after.

....his name was got binned.

They really need to put a bit more effort into it than posting their Wordle score for a couple of days, entering a score prediction and then diving straight into trying to settle (perceived) "old scores", whilst insisting they are new to the board.

Takes more than that to fool DI Blueas and DCI Blooters.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:21 - Feb 12 with 1701 viewsblueasfook

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:13 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

Yeah sorry for writing that!

(Am joking before you hit the ban button)

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:21 - Feb 12 with 1710 viewsgainsboroughblue

'Cutie'?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 1688 viewsMJallday

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:52 - Feb 12 by textbackup

He was sat in the sauna up David Lloyd when all this started to kick off…

And off topic, Davis is taller than I thought he was

You tend to notice things like that in a men’s sauna

Or so I’ve heard
[Post edited 12 Feb 15:25]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Yeah, I saw that EastySplinter or whatever.... on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 1680 viewsblueasfook

Yeah, I saw that EastySplinter or whatever.... on 15:20 - Feb 12 by Bloots

....his name was got binned.

They really need to put a bit more effort into it than posting their Wordle score for a couple of days, entering a score prediction and then diving straight into trying to settle (perceived) "old scores", whilst insisting they are new to the board.

Takes more than that to fool DI Blueas and DCI Blooters.

"Long time lurker" RetiredBlue is one to watch as well I think. Got my snouts watching him guv.

So what you're saying is.... on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 1676 viewsBloots

...."I'm kind of a big deal".

I think I called you a baldy once, but I don't think you saw it.

Oh hang on...

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 1674 viewsleitrimblue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:19 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

To be fair, Gav was having a rough day and you had eaten the last Hobnob.

Think it was the day after Phil had put forward the Dairylea Triangle as the cheese of the year
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:30 - Feb 12 with 1601 viewsZapers

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:52 - Feb 12 by textbackup

He was sat in the sauna up David Lloyd when all this started to kick off…

And off topic, Davis is taller than I thought he was

That's another weird thing to say, did you follow him into the sauna
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:37 - Feb 12 with 1565 viewsMattinLondon

The first thing which came up was a tweet stating 'Phil Ham is a c---!'.

Was it at that point that you decided to block your wife from your social media accounts?
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:44 - Feb 12 with 1504 viewsPhilTWTD

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:21 - Feb 12 by gainsboroughblue

'Cutie'?

Yeah, must have been that they meant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024