Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now 10:57 - Feb 12 with 12740 viewsitfc_bucks

Disappointing that he's felt the need to do that.
Probably sensible. I found it a bit odd... on 16:19 - Feb 12 with 2118 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...that he goes seeking out negative social media comments about his son.

I would recommend that anyone deletes their Twitter account.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:20 - Feb 12 with 2092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:05 - Feb 12 by nodge_blue

I wrote a long letter to George Burley once (nice one - just my thoughts - God knows why I did) - and he wrote me a nice two pages of A4 back detailing all my points.

I was flabbergasted that he took all that time to reply. Everything from my wish to sign Eidur Gudjohnson (sic) to youth players to tactics.
[Post edited 12 Feb 13:07]

I wrote Burley a letter suggesting he signed Mark Stein.

I didnt get a response.

....but he did sign Mark Stein. Just Sayin'.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:22 - Feb 12 with 2066 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:32 - Feb 12 by nrb1985

doesn't reflect well on him either tbh.

The fact he's used his heightened profile and influence to call out an individual directly on an internet forum is at best poor form, at worst irresponsible.

Especially when 99.5% of the people who go to PR and post on here think his son is the bees knees and that Frimmers is a wally.

Very thin skinned from him and he's probably embarrassed poor Wes too.

I happen to agree.

People seem to think that anything David Burns says must be 100% accurate.

I don't agree with people being hateful towards others, but they can be critical / negative.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 2062 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 12:42 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

For goodness sake - a father shouldn’t try to protect his son?

The whole thing needs moving on from now.

I don't think he suggested that.

But dont go out of your way looking for trouble.

If I was a footballers dad, I wouldnt be spending my time on TWTD.

Probably sensible. I found it a bit odd... on 16:45 - Feb 12 with 1985 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Probably sensible. I found it a bit odd... on 16:19 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

...that he goes seeking out negative social media comments about his son.

I would recommend that anyone deletes their Twitter account.

What evidence is there he was "seeking out" negative social media comments?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:49 - Feb 12 with 1955 viewsbluejacko

Good on him👍 probably realised what a cesspit social media is!
Probably sensible. I found it a bit odd... on 16:55 - Feb 12 with 1928 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Probably sensible. I found it a bit odd... on 16:45 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

What evidence is there he was "seeking out" negative social media comments?

He came to TWTD for a start....

Why would he bother? (No offence Phil).

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:57 - Feb 12 with 1907 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:49 - Feb 12 by bluejacko

Indeed.

Login to get fewer ads

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:00 - Feb 12 with 1893 viewsLord_Lucan

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:48 - Feb 12 by blueasfook

Must admit if I was in the public eye, I wouldn't like to read negative stuff written about me. Social media is the worst invention. It really is a cesspit and affects people's mental health in many negative ways. Not just public figures being destroyed. Young people/children being exposed to nasty stuff, insta perfect life role models making people feel inadequate, political radicalisation. I hate it all.

Thankfully I don't belong in the social media world, aside from on here anyway.

I often worry about kids these days and I will be a wreck when my grandkids are of social media age.

When we were young you occasionally had occasion to want to keep your distance from one or more people now and again in order to avoid a situation. You also probably knew some of your foes were slagging you behind your back.

Can you imagine though full scale social media attacks? I mean, it must be horrible if you are an adult but totally mind screwing as a kid.

It really is extremely worrying.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:01 - Feb 12 with 1884 viewsMattinLondon

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:49 - Feb 12 by bluejacko

Social Media can be a fantastic tool, connecting people to groups and other individuals which they would never interact with if it wasn’t for it. Saying that it’s a cesspit is a lazy generalisation.

The fact that football sites quickly descend to abuse is a sad reflection upon some football fans.
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:05 - Feb 12 with 1861 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:01 - Feb 12 by MattinLondon

Social Media can be a fantastic tool, connecting people to groups and other individuals which they would never interact with if it wasn’t for it. Saying that it’s a cesspit is a lazy generalisation.

The fact that football sites quickly descend to abuse is a sad reflection upon some football fans.

Chill out bro.

Might also be a reference to the great Joe Royle quote. That guy was ahead of his time.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:11 - Feb 12 with 1819 viewstextbackup

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:01 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

You say we should be wary of upsetting Frimmers as we don't know what he's going through, and then people downarrowing your stance here you call "crybabies" and that it's a "perfect day" says more about you than anyone else. This on the back of you the other day thinking "a good slap round the head" is an effective mental health treatment.

It's not only Frimmers who should learn from this experience. Not sure you will though, your moral compass is all over the place.

Honestly mate, so much thought into a reply that I promise won’t touch the sides 😂😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:13 - Feb 12 with 1810 viewstextbackup

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:30 - Feb 12 by Zapers

That's another weird thing to say, did you follow him into the sauna

Why does it offend you so much that people living in Ipswich, might see players in certain places 😂😂

I’m sat in said sauna, they walked in, nothing said, few moments later I left.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:15 - Feb 12 with 1796 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:11 - Feb 12 by textbackup

Honestly mate, so much thought into a reply that I promise won’t touch the sides 😂😂

Wasn't really much thought. I'm just a decent person, you're clearly not. I'm quite happy with that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:51 - Feb 12 with 1725 viewssouthnorfolkblue

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:30 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I think that's a fair point. I don't think anyone messaged us concerned that FB's posts re Wes were any more than run of the mill player criticism and actually from what's been said on here since, I don't think there was anything which was actually nasty or personal, it was the volume and sustained nature, which was something I'd not picked up on at all.

I think it's a wider point that footballers become the subject of discussion, not just on forums like this (or Twitter, where yesterday's issue began incidentally, someone having tweeted WB directly re form), and that they and their families might see what's written is overlooked.

I know an ex-player who never looked at any social media when he was playing and advises players he coaches now not to look at anything. He says that even if there's one negative opinion in 1,000, that will still find a place in the back of your mind.

That’s the problem isn’t it. Burns Snr has focused on the ramblings of one faceless keyboard warrior when if he looked at the broader picture he would have seen wave after wave of support for his boy.

Personal I think it’s all been blown massively out of proportion and I don’t think either side comes out of it particularly well

Poll: Our final position

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:51 - Feb 12 with 1725 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:14 - Feb 12 by textbackup

How do we know what frimmers had going on in his life? not having TWTD as his place to express himself could prove an issue for him.

I do find it a little hypocritical that everyone is effectively saying 'be nice', while at the same time using it as an excuse to lay into Frimmers.

From what I've seen, no one has suggested he said / did anything hateful?!

I'm not saying he couldntve done things better, but it seems to be getting taken out of context.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 18:17 - Feb 12 with 1681 viewsNutkins_Return

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 14:30 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I think that's a fair point. I don't think anyone messaged us concerned that FB's posts re Wes were any more than run of the mill player criticism and actually from what's been said on here since, I don't think there was anything which was actually nasty or personal, it was the volume and sustained nature, which was something I'd not picked up on at all.

I think it's a wider point that footballers become the subject of discussion, not just on forums like this (or Twitter, where yesterday's issue began incidentally, someone having tweeted WB directly re form), and that they and their families might see what's written is overlooked.

I know an ex-player who never looked at any social media when he was playing and advises players he coaches now not to look at anything. He says that even if there's one negative opinion in 1,000, that will still find a place in the back of your mind.

I do think Frimmers prolific posting on Burns was more because it got a lot of attention and started big lengthy threads that he enjoyed. He just got a bit addicted to it maybe. I'm sure he probably doesn't feel great about the post from Wes' Dad. It was incredibly irritating but not sure more recently what he posted as put on ignore. A wonderful feature I hadn't used before!
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 18:27 - Feb 12 with 1636 viewstextbackup

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:15 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Wasn't really much thought. I'm just a decent person, you're clearly not. I'm quite happy with that.

I’m really not at times, have some terribly nasty/hateful opinions, but I think I cover it up pretty well in real life, and keep those things close to my chest… and to date, I’ve seemed to be ok.

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 19:09 - Feb 12 with 1541 viewsfarkenhell

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:13 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I'm sort of at the lowest level of that in that I'm fairly well known locally and so do sometimes get talked about on social media by people who don't know me. Generally, it's been positive - the Free Phil campaign was lovely - but there has been some nasty stuff on occasion, although for some reason it's never been something which has really got to me.

It has become a bit of a joke among friends of mine that at one point when you searched for my name on Google, the first thing which came up was a tweet stating 'Phil Ham is a c---!'.

Harry from Bath seemed to wear it as a badge of honour!
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 19:46 - Feb 12 with 1457 viewssolemio

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 16:20 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wrote Burley a letter suggesting he signed Mark Stein.

I didnt get a response.

....but he did sign Mark Stein. Just Sayin'.

Mark Stein? Come on; he wasn't even the best footballer in his family.
Ha! POTD (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 12 with 1446 viewsDyland

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 13:00 - Feb 12 by Lord_Lucan

Many many years ago in the land that time forgot, I once sent a fax to the club - FAO James Scowcroft advising him to ignore the boo boys.

I got a phone call from his dad a few days later thanking me.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ha! POTD (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 12 with 1349 viewsLord_Lucan

Ha! POTD (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 12 by Dyland

???

Straight up!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ha! POTD (n/t) on 21:07 - Feb 12 with 1345 viewsDyland

Ha! POTD (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 12 by Lord_Lucan

???

Straight up!

No I believe you! Great stuff old egg :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 22:00 - Feb 12 with 1290 viewsbluejacko

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 17:01 - Feb 12 by MattinLondon

No Facebook no TikTok no twitter life is still here!
David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 22:16 - Feb 12 with 1261 viewsAlberto_the_frog

David Burns appears to have deleted his twitter account now on 15:44 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

Yeah, must have been that they meant.

If it's on the internet, it must be true
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024