Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. 22:37 - Feb 20 with 3549 viewstextbackup

Seriously lucky it was against a team with very little quality.

That second half was easily the worst I think I’ve seen us under KM, players who are normally calm and good under pressure completely went to sht.

Thank god that’s one ticked off

And we can hopefully build on another win Saturday. With results going our way tonight too!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:44 - Feb 20 with 2687 viewstractorboy1978

One of the worst performances of the season but it couldn't have gone any better with Southampton losing. Could be one we look back in as a key moment in May.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:47 - Feb 20 with 2644 viewstextbackup

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:44 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

One of the worst performances of the season but it couldn't have gone any better with Southampton losing. Could be one we look back in as a key moment in May.

Crap preformance
Good result
Southampton lost
We are joint second
Really weird night 😂

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 2631 viewsheavyweight

Three games in 6 days is bound to have had an effect.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:49 - Feb 20 with 2603 viewsJohnTy

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:44 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

I suspect that tiredness played its part. Three games in 6 days, Rotherham 3 in 7 days. This match came on the back of two away games, with little time to recover after the long trip to Swansea. Rotherham came here after two home games.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:50 - Feb 20 with 2603 viewsSitfcB

I’ll take 13 more of those.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:50 - Feb 20 with 2574 viewsRozz

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:48 - Feb 20 by heavyweight

We really did look absolutely shagged in the second half. Swansea was a real battle on a very heavy pitch, and this was as physical a side as we are likely to face at this level.

Take the points, rest up and onto the next one!
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:53 - Feb 20 with 2527 viewsJakeITFC

I know it’s a bit of a Mick McCarthy thing to say, but credit to Rotherham tbh - they came and had a go at us, two upfront, were brave enough to go man for man and their aerial bombardment gave us many more problems than a lot of the better teams in this league have done.

We really needed to give ourselves ten minutes at the start of the second half where we imposed ourselves on it and one our battles, but once we didn’t do that they grew in confidence and to be perfectly honest, gave us a battering. They’re obviously having a horrible season but they’ve taken points off us, Saints, Leeds, Hull etc by playing a style that isn’t really comparable to others at this level.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:54 - Feb 20 with 2504 viewstextbackup

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:50 - Feb 20 by SitfcB

Not sure if we play like that, even one more time, we come out with the win… let alone 13 more!

Login to get fewer ads

Would have been better off going to watch Ipswich Wanderers... on 23:26 - Feb 20 with 2313 viewsWeWereZombies

or the Ladies...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Would have been better off going to watch Ipswich Wanderers... on 23:31 - Feb 20 with 2284 viewstextbackup

Would have been better off going to watch Ipswich Wanderers... on 23:26 - Feb 20 by WeWereZombies

or the Ladies...

Was bad, but not that bad!

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 23:33 - Feb 20 with 2254 viewsNutkins_Return

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:49 - Feb 20 by JohnTy

I suspect that tiredness played its part. Three games in 6 days, Rotherham 3 in 7 days. This match came on the back of two away games, with little time to recover after the long trip to Swansea. Rotherham came here after two home games.

I looked into this as well and saw the same. We both found the same pack of straws to clutch at ;)

Potentially of course some truth in it. Birmingham will have had the week off!!
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 23:34 - Feb 20 with 2232 viewsBloomBlue

It was a crazy game. First 15 minutes it looked like we would score with every attack. Then Rotherham settled and they had 5 or 6 corners, don't think we had one, but go in at H/T 3-1 up.
Thought 2nd half we would go at them but credit to Rotherham their direct style worked. Not sure we won any header in that 2nd half and every player was sloppy on the ball.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 23:35 - Feb 20 with 2211 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Utterly bizzarre night.

This season is a classic even if not good for the heart rate at times.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 23:40 - Feb 20 with 2120 views_clive_baker_

Absolutely, plus a lot of travel and the nature of Saturdays game and conditions.

Was a pretty poor performance on balance but we got the win. On to the next one, keep ticking these wins off and we’ll go in to the final 10 games with everything to play for.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 23:50 - Feb 20 with 2027 viewstextbackup

Yep… they’d better get used to it as it’s not really getting any easier between now any May.

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 01:18 - Feb 21 with 1932 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:53 - Feb 20 by JakeITFC

I know it’s a bit of a Mick McCarthy thing to say, but credit to Rotherham tbh - they came and had a go at us, two upfront, were brave enough to go man for man and their aerial bombardment gave us many more problems than a lot of the better teams in this league have done.

We really needed to give ourselves ten minutes at the start of the second half where we imposed ourselves on it and one our battles, but once we didn’t do that they grew in confidence and to be perfectly honest, gave us a battering. They’re obviously having a horrible season but they’ve taken points off us, Saints, Leeds, Hull etc by playing a style that isn’t really comparable to others at this level.

Surprised they haven’t picked up more points on the 3 times I’ve seen them.

I think it was a very self inflicted, it was a poor decision for their second goal that really made it such a nervy night and gave them belief. Simply can’t afford to give better teams those kind of goals.

A draw at home 3-1 up against a team that have picked up 4 points in the road all season would have been a disaster of a result whatever way we dressed it up, so that Hutchinson goal was absolutely huge. If we count Williams at Huddersfield it’s a lot of points at the death for us this year.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 01:35 - Feb 21 with 1895 viewsstonojnr

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 23:40 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Absolutely, plus a lot of travel and the nature of Saturdays game and conditions.

Was a pretty poor performance on balance but we got the win. On to the next one, keep ticking these wins off and we’ll go in to the final 10 games with everything to play for.

recovery is part and parcel of the sport though, and yet after 45mins, of not very taxing football, more than a few of the team looked absolutely shattered. yes I can understand lots of games, and the conditions, and the travelling have an impact, but theres no let up till late March and then from Good Friday we have 5 games in basically 15 days, how do we cope with that ?

and what state are they going to be in by Saturday ? as we just played a 110mins game, it was basically a match, with full extra time, given how much time actually is wasted in extra time games waiting for penalties.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 04:30 - Feb 21 with 1778 viewsChrisd

Not great, but the important thing is they found a way to get the job done. That I feel is encouraging in itself.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 05:04 - Feb 21 with 1734 viewsMK1

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 22:50 - Feb 20 by SitfcB

Exactly. Think we are at that stage of the season again when the result is all that matters. We are playing teams either hoping to have a go at the play offs or trying not to get drawn into the relegation battle. Squeaky bum time Ladies and Gentlemen.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:10 - Feb 21 with 1446 viewsSWBlue22

If we play like that on Saturday then we will be lucky to get anything from the game at all. But it is what it is now however we play the main thing is the results now. Couldn’t care less how we play as long as we win.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:16 - Feb 21 with 1419 viewsITFC_Forever

Could you imagine if that was in the last game of the season and we need a win to go up?

Conceding an injury time equaliser.... and then scoring ourselves even later than that.

Cardiac wards in hospitals around Suffolk would be over-run.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:17 - Feb 21 with 1415 viewstextbackup

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:10 - Feb 21 by SWBlue22

If we play like that on Saturday then we will be lucky to get anything from the game at all. But it is what it is now however we play the main thing is the results now. Couldn’t care less how we play as long as we win.

Playing our football for most of the time has got us to where we are now.
I’d rather we stick to that instead of huff and puff for another 13 games.

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:23 - Feb 21 with 1387 viewsThe_Major

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:16 - Feb 21 by ITFC_Forever

Could you imagine if that was in the last game of the season and we need a win to go up?

Conceding an injury time equaliser.... and then scoring ourselves even later than that.

Cardiac wards in hospitals around Suffolk would be over-run.

Or a play off final.

Against Norwich.

Defibrillators all round.
Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:31 - Feb 21 with 1355 viewsHerbivore

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 01:35 - Feb 21 by stonojnr

recovery is part and parcel of the sport though, and yet after 45mins, of not very taxing football, more than a few of the team looked absolutely shattered. yes I can understand lots of games, and the conditions, and the travelling have an impact, but theres no let up till late March and then from Good Friday we have 5 games in basically 15 days, how do we cope with that ?

and what state are they going to be in by Saturday ? as we just played a 110mins game, it was basically a match, with full extra time, given how much time actually is wasted in extra time games waiting for penalties.

We don't have a midweek game next week. That will give the players a chance to recover a bit. The trip to Swansea is a long one and the pitch there was really heavy and it came off the back of a Wednesday game. We were always likely to be a bit leggy. I suspect if Taylor was fit he might have started, the lack of depth at full back is also not ideal as it makes it harder for us to rotate in those areas. After the Brum game we'll have played 5 games in 14 days and at worst we'll have picked up 10 points from them, hopefully 13. I don't think we need to worry too much but we also need to accept that we aren't going to be at our best every single game and it's important that, like last night, we find ways to win ugly when it's not all going our way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 11:38 - Feb 21 with 1323 viewsbluefunk

Christ - that was proper crap wasn’t it. on 01:35 - Feb 21 by stonojnr

“45 mins of not very taxing football” what game were you watching - they absolutely battered us from the first minute, intent on reducing this to a physical battle, Richardson even made changes to get his biggest players on the park. Elbows, late tackles all supported by a lax referee, and our third game in 7 days. T
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024