Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish 10:36 - Mar 5 with 1646 viewsDeepBlueSea

Just a quick ask around. Are you guys even checking the 7th place team to see how far we are away from not getting a play-off place? Or do you feel it’s absolutely locked in? I’m still checking but perhaps I’m being hopelessly pessimistic. Thoughts?
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:38 - Mar 5 with 1609 viewspointofblue

I'm pretty confident we've got a play off place. I am checking seventh in relation to who makes sixth, as I have a horrible feeling if Norwich fluke it they'll somehow go up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 1555 viewsGuthrum

No more than idly, for amusement. Norwich in 7th are as close points-wise to SheffWed in 23rd as they are to us and would have to gain 20+ points (given GD) in 11 matches to overtake. They're not even ahead of us in the (standard 6 game) form table at the moment.

That's without taking into account combinations of results which might push teams further down even if Norwich went on such a storming run.

So long as we don't have another wobble, I don't think it'll be long before play-offs are a mathematical certainty.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:49 - Mar 5 with 1537 viewsRobTheMonk

We'd have to have a catastrophic failure to not reach playoffs at the very least.
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:54 - Mar 5 with 1499 viewsMookamoo

Not checking at all. We will be in the playoffs at least.

I would like to know how many would have settled for 6th at the beginning of the season. I hoped we would be there or there abouts. I had us down for bouncing around 5th to 9th coming into March

To have chance of going automatically is just bonkers
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:56 - Mar 5 with 1487 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No as the gap seems well sufficient.
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:56 - Mar 5 with 1486 viewsBigalhunter

I don’t believe we’ve been lower than 4th at any stage this season, so I only keep an eye of 6th 7th 8th out of curiosity and the nasty little feeling that Norwich will squeak in and …well the rest is just too horrible to even contemplate, unless we get automatic.
Once there, I think we’d make a much better fist of it at the top table, than that bunch of Poundland yo-yos.
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:03 - Mar 5 with 1453 viewsDanTheMan

We'd need to have a collapse of epic proportions to end up below 6th, something we've never done under McKenna. 20 odd points in ten games, it's hard to imagine unless we have an injury crisis.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:03 - Mar 5 with 1454 viewsBlueBadger

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:49 - Mar 5 by RobTheMonk

We'd have to have a catastrophic failure to not reach playoffs at the very least.

It would need to be a worse collapse than we had under Lambert, at this point.
[Post edited 5 Mar 14:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:05 - Mar 5 with 1436 viewsBlueRaider

It would take an almighty collapse

In the last 20 seasons, 75 points has been enough for top 6 in 17 seasons

In those three seasons (2014-15, 78 needed, 2016-17 80 needed, 2020/21 77 needed)

So 6 points from 11 games needed to be absolutely safe, which would be off the charts relegation form

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:09 - Mar 5 with 1399 viewstractorboy1978

If we lost every game from here we'd still be in the play offs.
[Post edited 5 Mar 11:09]
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:09 - Mar 5 with 1405 viewsSitfcB

It’s been pretty much guaranteed for a few months now and not been at all worried about not finishing in the top 6, we’d have to lose more games in the next couple of months that we have altogether in the last two years nearly.
[Post edited 5 Mar 11:10]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:11 - Mar 5 with 1373 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:03 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

It would need to be a worse collapse than we had under Lambert, at this point.
[Post edited 5 Mar 14:44]

BlueBadger's Lambert fixations part 353 673

Under the players we had when he was in charge.
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:11 - Mar 5 with 1378 viewsbluelagos

I know a Hull fan and regularly point out I have no idea where they are in the table as I start at the top and after the top 3 or 4 I just stop looking.

I do occasionally check to see how many points behind us Naaridge are but that's more for enjoyment than worrying about them catching us.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:30 - Mar 5 with 1281 viewsSitfcB

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:11 - Mar 5 by bluelagos

I know a Hull fan and regularly point out I have no idea where they are in the table as I start at the top and after the top 3 or 4 I just stop looking.

I do occasionally check to see how many points behind us Naaridge are but that's more for enjoyment than worrying about them catching us.

I hadn’t realised how tight it was down the bottom (expect Rotherham) until the other day!

Nice to not have to look too far down the table once again.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 15:39 - Mar 5 with 1008 viewsbackwaywhen

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:38 - Mar 5 by pointofblue

I'm pretty confident we've got a play off place. I am checking seventh in relation to who makes sixth, as I have a horrible feeling if Norwich fluke it they'll somehow go up.

Exactly what Wagner did with Huddersfield, sneaked in with a negative goal difference, then won the final on penalties……..lightning couldn’t …..could it ?
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 15:46 - Mar 5 with 976 viewsDanTheMan

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 11:30 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

I hadn’t realised how tight it was down the bottom (expect Rotherham) until the other day!

Nice to not have to look too far down the table once again.

Especially exciting down there as they've all started to pick up good form suddenly. Wednesday and QPR are in very good form.
[Post edited 5 Mar 15:47]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 16:36 - Mar 5 with 894 viewsPinewoodblue

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 15:46 - Mar 5 by DanTheMan

Especially exciting down there as they've all started to pick up good form suddenly. Wednesday and QPR are in very good form.
[Post edited 5 Mar 15:47]

Without being a nerd and checking suspect you could need a record number of points to be Promoted, and also a record number to avoid regulation. Presumably however Rotherham are in danger of having relegation confirmed within days.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 16:44 - Mar 5 with 869 viewsSomethingBlue

Top six is fine now, I guess another win would fend off anything really extraordinary happening but it's not likely to be the highest of totals this season. Amazing that we have the backstop of a nailed-on play-offs, what a spell we have ahead of us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 16:51 - Mar 5 with 849 viewspositivity

norwich (7th) are on track for 70 points. we have 75.

i think it'd take administration and a points deduction to see us out of the top 6 this season

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 17:05 - Mar 5 with 813 viewsVic

No, you're OK - we're locked into the P/O's.

I do enjoy looking down and seeing the gap between us and that lot getting bigger not smaller!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 793 viewsDeepBlueSea

Thanks guys, I draw extra confidence from yours. I’d say one more win would have us at 100% in my mind, but I think I’m being a little ridiculous.
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 17:53 - Mar 5 with 728 viewsMK1

I'm only looking at top spot now. Play offs are nailed on I reckon.
Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 18:02 - Mar 5 with 703 viewsMK1

Straw poll - Top 6 Finish on 10:54 - Mar 5 by Mookamoo

Not checking at all. We will be in the playoffs at least.

I would like to know how many would have settled for 6th at the beginning of the season. I hoped we would be there or there abouts. I had us down for bouncing around 5th to 9th coming into March

To have chance of going automatically is just bonkers

I would have been delighted with top 10 at the beginning of the season.
This isn't going to be popular, but I am over the moon with the season, no matter what happens from here on in. To be challenging for the Autos this late in the season is so far outside my wildest expectations. The only moan I will have is if we lose to that lot in the play offs. Even then, after a few days, I will be over joyed with the season we would have had. I have always been a glass 3/4 full kind of guy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024