Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester charged… 18:04 - Mar 21 with 7147 viewsSitfcB

Assume any punishment still won’t count until they’re back in the Prem??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leicester charged… on 18:08 - Mar 21 with 4534 viewsCoastalblue

I wouldn't want to go up because they are docked points, so hope so, still think it's not unreasonable that we finish above them without a points deduction.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leicester charged… on 18:09 - Mar 21 with 4504 viewsMK1

Leicester charged… on 18:08 - Mar 21 by Coastalblue

I wouldn't want to go up because they are docked points, so hope so, still think it's not unreasonable that we finish above them without a points deduction.

I don't care how we go up.
Leicester charged… on 18:10 - Mar 21 with 4493 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leicester charged… on 18:08 - Mar 21 by Coastalblue

Same. Would make things seem very hollow. Also, imagine if they were docked points (say a nominal amount like 4) and they still finished above us. That would also not feel good.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leicester charged… on 18:14 - Mar 21 with 4441 viewsIllinoisblue

Leicester charged… on 18:10 - Mar 21 by gainsboroughblue

Same. Would make things seem very hollow. Also, imagine if they were docked points (say a nominal amount like 4) and they still finished above us. That would also not feel good.

I’d take a hollow promotion all day long. Imagine the salty tears from other fans. Drink it in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester charged… on 18:20 - Mar 21 with 4353 viewsDubtractor

Not inconceivable that the noise around this will affect players performance on the pitch, even if a points deduction this season is unlikely.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Leicester charged… on 18:21 - Mar 21 with 4320 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leicester charged… on 18:14 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

I’d take a hollow promotion all day long. Imagine the salty tears from other fans. Drink it in.

I wouldn't complain if it happened. I just think we'd then be remembered as the team who only went up because of another teams points deduction and not for the ridiculous amount of points accumulated and incredible football we've played to get us in that position. Even in this crazy season, teams are basically accused of 'bottling' 'folding' 'wheels falling off' etc when they're still averaging 2.2 ppg!

I'd love us more to go up without the help. Can't think of a season where this has potentially happened before. I remember the 1990 'non-promotion' of Swindon after they beat Sunderland in the play-off final and a week later, Sunderland were awarded promotion after Swindon got punished but that was pre- Premier League and we were all under the EFL or whatever it would have been called then so none of this punishment only applying to being in the Prem nonsense.

Would be funny though but as said, doubt punishment will happen before May.
[Post edited 21 Mar 18:22]

Leicester charged… on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 4169 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leicester charged… on 18:09 - Mar 21 by MK1

I don't care how we go up.

I do. This season has been amazing. It would be a damp squib if we were promoted on a technicality.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leicester charged… on 18:32 - Mar 21 with 4111 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

It’s nice to know there would be hope if we fell short but still nothing I would wish for or would want for a rival team (with one notable exception!)
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester charged… on 18:34 - Mar 21 with 4073 viewsMK1

Leicester charged… on 18:29 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

I do. This season has been amazing. It would be a damp squib if we were promoted on a technicality.

Not sure the owners would agree. Maybe we could nominate another club to go up in our place.
Leicester charged… on 18:35 - Mar 21 with 4051 viewsMattinLondon

Leicester charged… on 18:21 - Mar 21 by gainsboroughblue

I wouldn't complain if it happened. I just think we'd then be remembered as the team who only went up because of another teams points deduction and not for the ridiculous amount of points accumulated and incredible football we've played to get us in that position. Even in this crazy season, teams are basically accused of 'bottling' 'folding' 'wheels falling off' etc when they're still averaging 2.2 ppg!

I'd love us more to go up without the help. Can't think of a season where this has potentially happened before. I remember the 1990 'non-promotion' of Swindon after they beat Sunderland in the play-off final and a week later, Sunderland were awarded promotion after Swindon got punished but that was pre- Premier League and we were all under the EFL or whatever it would have been called then so none of this punishment only applying to being in the Prem nonsense.

Would be funny though but as said, doubt punishment will happen before May.
[Post edited 21 Mar 18:22]

I really couldn’t care less what fans of other clubs think.
Leicester charged… on 18:35 - Mar 21 with 4052 viewsIllinoisblue

Leicester come out swinging:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3938901/lcfc-statement--21-march-2024?lang=en

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester charged… on 18:35 - Mar 21 with 4047 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't get the argument they and Forest appear to be phrasing that this wasn't the intention of the rules. They seem to be arguing the rules were to stop the rich clubs overspending and not the poorer ones. Whatever the "intention" of the rules, they are set and clear and it would be inherently unfair for them to be applied differently to different clubs. Forest's argument appears to be that there will be less money in the game if the rules are followed too. Wasn't part of the point that there is more money in the game than clubs can afford and as a result too many clubs are getting into financial trouble?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester charged… on 18:35 - Mar 21 with 4035 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leicester charged… on 18:29 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Also, there would likely be an appeal and we'd spend May until July still not knowing if we're going to Anfield or Fratton Park.

Leicester charged… on 18:36 - Mar 21 with 4025 viewsbilllm

Southampton still have a massive chance of going up,
If we lose to them we're done, draw or win is our hope, don't write them off,
Leicester are well over on ffp but will get done and serve it next season,
Leicester charged… on 18:38 - Mar 21 with 3972 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester charged… on 18:34 - Mar 21 by MK1

Not sure the owners would agree. Maybe we could nominate another club to go up in our place.

Any points deduction would not be applied to this season.

The question is whether they can be applied in the Championship next season if they are not promoted or whether they would have to hang over them for their next Premier League season should they get promoted again.

Leicester charged… on 18:44 - Mar 21 with 3877 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester charged… on 18:38 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Any points deduction would not be applied to this season.

The question is whether they can be applied in the Championship next season if they are not promoted or whether they would have to hang over them for their next Premier League season should they get promoted again.

Sky are describing Leicester as Championship leaders. I am sure that will please Leeds fans!

Leicester charged… on 18:49 - Mar 21 with 3809 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Leicester charged… on 18:14 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Ipswich

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Leicester charged… on 18:57 - Mar 21 with 3682 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Leicester charged… on 18:36 - Mar 21 by billlm

Southampton still have a massive chance of going up,
If we lose to them we're done, draw or win is our hope, don't write them off,
Leicester are well over on ffp but will get done and serve it next season,

Why if we lose to them would we be done when we’d still be above them?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Leicester charged… on 18:58 - Mar 21 with 3650 viewsFrimleyBlue

What happens if they don't go up. A fine?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Leicester charged… on 18:58 - Mar 21 with 3658 viewsstickymockwell

Could we sue them if we came 3rd and didn't go up because they've cheated? 🤔
[Post edited 21 Mar 18:59]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:01 - Mar 21 with 3622 viewsBloots

Leicester charged… on 18:58 - Mar 21 by stickymockwell

Could we sue them if we came 3rd and didn't go up because they've cheated? 🤔
[Post edited 21 Mar 18:59]

....he spoke to a "director" at one of Leicester's promotion rivals a few weeks ago and that person said they would be pursuing legal action if Leicester were found guilty.

True story.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Leicester charged… on 19:02 - Mar 21 with 3585 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester charged… on 18:49 - Mar 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Ipswich

Wasn't that levelled at us when we won the old First Division at the first attempt?

I certainly wouldn't mind it being levelled at us as we win the Premier League next season!

Leicester charged… on 19:04 - Mar 21 with 3556 viewsPinewoodblue

Going to be a farce isn't it. Start next season with -x pts, get relegated but rewarded with parachute payment.

Meanwhile the permitted 3 year loss for the current seasons accounts is £23m less than permitted in Premier League last season. Presumably that means that in the season after next they start in the Championship -x pts again.

There can't be anyone, outside Leicester, who doesn't want Southampton or Ipswich to achieve automatic promotion & anyone other than Leicester to win the play offs. I know I would be rooting for Norwich if they played Leicester in play offs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester charged… on 19:09 - Mar 21 with 3462 viewsMK1

Leicester charged… on 19:04 - Mar 21 by Pinewoodblue

Going to be a farce isn't it. Start next season with -x pts, get relegated but rewarded with parachute payment.

Meanwhile the permitted 3 year loss for the current seasons accounts is £23m less than permitted in Premier League last season. Presumably that means that in the season after next they start in the Championship -x pts again.

There can't be anyone, outside Leicester, who doesn't want Southampton or Ipswich to achieve automatic promotion & anyone other than Leicester to win the play offs. I know I would be rooting for Norwich if they played Leicester in play offs.

I am raged, but not that raged.
Leicester charged… on 19:09 - Mar 21 with 3455 viewsSimonds92

Leicester charged… on 18:10 - Mar 21 by gainsboroughblue

There are rules we abide by, they broke them. Would you rather we matched what they've done and massively overspend to get promotion?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024