Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing 14:06 - Mar 30 with 3341 viewsGreenEye

He's young, fast, aggressive and arrogant. McKenna will fix his shortcomings and we'll find we have one of the signings of the season.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 3008 viewsMullet

Arrogant?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 15:00 - Mar 30 with 2974 viewstonybied

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 14:56 - Mar 30 by Mullet

Arrogant?

Yeah, what an odd comment, he sounds like he's extremely humble if anything.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 15:18 - Mar 30 with 2894 viewsMullet

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 15:00 - Mar 30 by tonybied

Yeah, what an odd comment, he sounds like he's extremely humble if anything.

That was more thought, can't think of a time where he's looked arrogant in word or deed. I can see it with someone like Clarke who's got a bit of a lad persona, but it's no bad thing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 15:21 - Mar 30 with 2873 viewsmellowblue

confident as shows in his body language etc rather than arrogant I'd have thought
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 15:22 - Mar 30 with 2866 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He's leaving it very late to be called, 'signing of the season'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:26 - Mar 30 with 2662 viewsRadlett_blue

The groin issue which he is managing & which needs an operation in the summer (shudders) is an issue. Bu Hamadi seems to have a great attitude, self belief & appears willing to learn as he wants to improve.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:47 - Mar 30 with 2535 viewsGreenEye

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 14:56 - Mar 30 by Mullet

Arrogant?

On the pitch he has a swagger about him which I really like. Not a comment on his personality.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:50 - Mar 30 with 2521 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

This is funny as I was waiting for a AA-H thread. Because I didn't want to start a negative thread.

Maybe I just view things differently but so far I have not been overly impressed. He doesn't seems too fast and his touch and shooting is often wayward.

That is not to say with coaching from KMc he won't turn out to be a good signing and I certainly trust the managers judgement. But for me if he were to have to start in any remaining games I would be less confident of a victory than otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:06 - Mar 30 with 2452 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:50 - Mar 30 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

This is funny as I was waiting for a AA-H thread. Because I didn't want to start a negative thread.

Maybe I just view things differently but so far I have not been overly impressed. He doesn't seems too fast and his touch and shooting is often wayward.

That is not to say with coaching from KMc he won't turn out to be a good signing and I certainly trust the managers judgement. But for me if he were to have to start in any remaining games I would be less confident of a victory than otherwise.

There’s a rawness about him, but I don’t think it’s fair to suggest his shooting is wayward given he has the highest goals per minute in the team.

It would be interesting to see what happens if we do go up - whether he’d have a part to play or he’d be sent out on loan to a Championship team for more experience.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:29 - Mar 30 with 2369 viewsJ2BLUE

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:47 - Mar 30 by GreenEye

On the pitch he has a swagger about him which I really like. Not a comment on his personality.

Confidence then.

Arrogance an odd choice of word.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:36 - Mar 30 with 2349 viewstonybied

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:29 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

Confidence then.

Arrogance an odd choice of word.

Or nonchalant maybe?
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:54 - Mar 30 with 2268 viewsfranz_tyson

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:06 - Mar 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

There’s a rawness about him, but I don’t think it’s fair to suggest his shooting is wayward given he has the highest goals per minute in the team.

It would be interesting to see what happens if we do go up - whether he’d have a part to play or he’d be sent out on loan to a Championship team for more experience.

Oh please... are you kidding? Highest goals per minute?! Nothing against the lad and I hope he develops over time, but these kind of comments are a bit silly. Or, at least, the misuse of stats. He's scored through 3 yard tap-ins and/or deflections. And a dead-rubber penalty. Where has he shown shooting prowess with the goals he scored? Or even near-misses? And he very nearly cost us a win by a tame injury -time penalty miss. He should never have taken that.

I really think we should support him but without all the over-the-top hype. He's not yet Championship level and he's still learning his game. He's a project and he really should be on loan at a L1 club, but we need him to cover Moore for the moment until Hirst gets back.
Not getting on his back, but trying to put a bit of balance to the hype. Need to get real and lower the bar for him as all we need for him is to improve his hold up play and help to see games out when he comes on. It sounds unnecessarily wrong to dig him out, but too many are going over-the-top about him. It's still early days and I've seen very little of real class from him, although a lot of real effort and desire.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:06 - Mar 31 with 1694 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:54 - Mar 30 by franz_tyson

Oh please... are you kidding? Highest goals per minute?! Nothing against the lad and I hope he develops over time, but these kind of comments are a bit silly. Or, at least, the misuse of stats. He's scored through 3 yard tap-ins and/or deflections. And a dead-rubber penalty. Where has he shown shooting prowess with the goals he scored? Or even near-misses? And he very nearly cost us a win by a tame injury -time penalty miss. He should never have taken that.

I really think we should support him but without all the over-the-top hype. He's not yet Championship level and he's still learning his game. He's a project and he really should be on loan at a L1 club, but we need him to cover Moore for the moment until Hirst gets back.
Not getting on his back, but trying to put a bit of balance to the hype. Need to get real and lower the bar for him as all we need for him is to improve his hold up play and help to see games out when he comes on. It sounds unnecessarily wrong to dig him out, but too many are going over-the-top about him. It's still early days and I've seen very little of real class from him, although a lot of real effort and desire.

That is exactly how I see it but you were capable of wording it better than me
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:47 - Mar 31 with 1617 viewsitfc_bucks

In a squad full of decent blokes, he comes across as probably the least arrogant.
Very odd choice of words...
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 19:09 - Mar 31 with 1485 viewsMK1

He's a young lad. McKenna and his staff will only make him better. Not brought in to be the difference at this stage. Give him a pre season and next year you will see a different animal. Time will only make him better. Try and be patient with him.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 21:56 - Mar 31 with 1385 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 17:54 - Mar 30 by franz_tyson

On the other hand, in his 10 sub appearances in the League for Ipswich Jordan Rhodes scored 1 goal.

Whereas in his 10 sub appearances in the League for Ipswich Ali Al Hamadi has scored 4 goals.

There are caveats, of course, like Al Hamadi being a couple of years older and having played League football before (at a significantly lower level) but 4 goals in 10 sub appearances is a very significant return.

For a sub striker, Goals per minute is surely the most important metric.

He's a young player, and a raw prospect who the Club hopes McKenna can develop, but he has been asked to replace Moore and, in our system, lead the line as a sole Centre Forward. There aren't many 22 year olds asked to do that. I would like to see him play with Moore, so that he is up against the less physical of the Central Defenders.

His highlights reels from Wimbledon shows him cutting in from the left a lot. In time, with everyone fit, he may be most effective as cover for Broadhead.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 22:57 - Mar 31 with 1310 viewsSuperblue95

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 15:22 - Mar 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

He's leaving it very late to be called, 'signing of the season'

Hatrick against Norwich, incoming.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 06:21 - Apr 1 with 1179 viewsThundermuffin86

It's important to give him time to develop and see how he progresses under the guidance of the coaching staff.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 07:53 - Apr 1 with 1104 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 06:21 - Apr 1 by Thundermuffin86

It's important to give him time to develop and see how he progresses under the guidance of the coaching staff.

100% this. He’s stepping up from L2. People seem to be getting carried away about him to the point he’s already getting a cult status despite having done little to earn it yet. If he’s anything like other signings KM has made, his time will come.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 08:03 - Apr 1 with 1075 viewsChurchman

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 06:21 - Apr 1 by Thundermuffin86

It’s also important to accept he’s going to make mistakes. Players develop at different rates. I see an awful lot to his game that I like. That includes his attitude, which can get you a long way.

I see in the thread the criticism of his recent penalty miss. Yes, it was poor. But he had the hunger, desire and guts to take it. Most players, including forwards, would run a mile. I like that.

He’s not arrogant. His is confident and deserves time and support.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 08:08 - Apr 1 with 1057 viewsHerbivore

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 16:50 - Mar 30 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

He's scored 4 goals in not many minutes and played a key role in setting up Hutch's winner against Rotherham with a great run down the right and a clever cut back to Jackson that took two defenders out of the game. People are very fickle these days and have a lot of recency bias when forming an opinion. He wasn't very good against Blackburn and he fluffed a chance to make it 2-0 but that is just one game, in almost every other appearance for us he has offered something and his return so far for us has been really good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 08:34 - Apr 1 with 1018 viewsgrow_our_own

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 08:08 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

He's scored 4 goals in not many minutes and played a key role in setting up Hutch's winner against Rotherham with a great run down the right and a clever cut back to Jackson that took two defenders out of the game. People are very fickle these days and have a lot of recency bias when forming an opinion. He wasn't very good against Blackburn and he fluffed a chance to make it 2-0 but that is just one game, in almost every other appearance for us he has offered something and his return so far for us has been really good.

People forget he's carrying an adductor injury, which is why he's not been playing for Iraq. Yet he's top scorer in the Championship in goals per minute, albeit a small sample:
https://footystats.org/england/championship

His four goals have come from good poaching instincts. Much more to come. I think we'll see a much better player come August.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 09:09 - Apr 1 with 970 viewsRadlett_blue

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 21:56 - Mar 31 by ArnoldMoorhen

On the other hand, in his 10 sub appearances in the League for Ipswich Jordan Rhodes scored 1 goal.

Whereas in his 10 sub appearances in the League for Ipswich Ali Al Hamadi has scored 4 goals.

There are caveats, of course, like Al Hamadi being a couple of years older and having played League football before (at a significantly lower level) but 4 goals in 10 sub appearances is a very significant return.

For a sub striker, Goals per minute is surely the most important metric.

He's a young player, and a raw prospect who the Club hopes McKenna can develop, but he has been asked to replace Moore and, in our system, lead the line as a sole Centre Forward. There aren't many 22 year olds asked to do that. I would like to see him play with Moore, so that he is up against the less physical of the Central Defenders.

His highlights reels from Wimbledon shows him cutting in from the left a lot. In time, with everyone fit, he may be most effective as cover for Broadhead.

I doubt Al-hamadi will be partnering Moore unless we are desperate for a goal. McKenna isn't going to disrupt his system, which has got us to the brink of the PL.

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 09:15 - Apr 1 with 948 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 09:09 - Apr 1 by Radlett_blue

I doubt Al-hamadi will be partnering Moore unless we are desperate for a goal. McKenna isn't going to disrupt his system, which has got us to the brink of the PL.

I clearly say as sub for Broadhead, but with Moore staying on. With Leif playing so advanced and wide, Ali would be able to cut in, as Broadhead does.

I was at Preston and saw the carnage that Moore and Al Hamadi created together. It's the way to get the most out of Al Hamadi in my opinion.
Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 09:37 - Apr 1 with 895 viewsRadlett_blue

Ali Al Hamadi is a great signing on 09:15 - Apr 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

I clearly say as sub for Broadhead, but with Moore staying on. With Leif playing so advanced and wide, Ali would be able to cut in, as Broadhead does.

I was at Preston and saw the carnage that Moore and Al Hamadi created together. It's the way to get the most out of Al Hamadi in my opinion.

Possibly, if a game opens up & the opposition are chasing it. As happened on Friday, once Moore was off, Hamadi showed that holding up the ball & foraging for scraps isn't really his game at the moment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024