Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin post match quote 20:35 - Apr 1 with 5525 viewsIllinoisblue

“Didn’t deserve to lose”. Oh well 🤷

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:05 - Apr 1 with 972 viewsBLUEBEAT

Mr Salty management faulty

Poll: W or W

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:06 - Apr 1 with 974 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:50 - Apr 1 by pointofblue

He's right - they didn't deserve to lose. But we fought back to put ourselves in that position. Lesser teams would have crumbled.

And FFS minus Tuanzebe and Hutchinson - an injury prone full back and youngster - every starting player was with us in League One. And Southampton have remnants of their Premier League squad which has been boosted by parachute funding. They should be better than us. It's not the accolade he perhaps thinks it is.

They had the best of the first half for sure, and the opening 10 mins of the 2nd. After that there was only team in it and if it wasn't for the post and some bad decision making in front of goal we could have had a couple more. We out-lasted them and then wanted it more. Simple as that. So on that basis they deserved to lose. A draw wouldn't have been a wrong reflection of the game, but sometimes it comes down to the team thats got the little edge. And we had that today for all their pretty play in the first half.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:06 - Apr 1 with 966 viewsitfc_bucks

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:45 - Apr 1 by ElderGrizzly

It got worse as he stropped out

Absolute mutant
Russell Martin post match quote on 21:11 - Apr 1 with 939 viewsChrisd

They were the dominant team and so in control, just before we equalised to make it 2-2. After that, we were so much better. The game turned on its head with McKenna’s substitutions.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:13 - Apr 1 with 926 viewsChrisd

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:40 - Apr 1 by davblue

thought we were better from 0-14 mins, then them from 15 to 60 mins, then us from 60 - 97mins.

i thought they were much better in their spell v's our's, but our boys find a way to hang on in there.

That Dave, is exactly how I saw the game too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:13 - Apr 1 with 924 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:06 - Apr 1 by itfc_bucks

Absolute mutant

A bit harsh, he is a very good journalist.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:15 - Apr 1 with 912 viewsyellowrider120

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:05 - Apr 1 by Bluespeed225

Farke gets a little salty, but Hughton was a classy gent who I hoped would be here after, I think Keane? When did he leave you?

Just before the end of the 2013/2014 season when we fell into the bottom three. Were subsequently relegated anyway. Most Yellows still have a very poor opinion of him due to the dour standard of football at times but you won't find a more polite and respectful guy anywhere. Modest in victory and humble in defeat. Just strolled through the Saints Forum and R Martin is NOT popular!
Russell Martin post match quote on 21:26 - Apr 1 with 858 viewsDavoIPB

He is right though isn't he! We were awful for most of that match but hung on. Then when subs came on and they tired we were outstanding.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:30 - Apr 1 with 828 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:55 - Apr 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Downes said before the match they had to win every game to stand a chance so the reporters were only repeating what his own players believe.

Be nice for them to dent Leeds' and Leicester's chances, though.

I'd like them to be chasing something on the last day, as they've got to go to Leeds. Just not at our expense. They've got Leicester too a few games from the end.

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:30 - Apr 1 with 828 viewsMJallday

A quick glance at the saints forums shows that he’s not exactly popular right now, in fact a significant majority want him gone

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:33 - Apr 1 with 798 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:36 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

No way, I was expecting a classy response from him.

Said no one ever.

Just lose the comma...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:34 - Apr 1 with 788 viewsbilllm

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:37 - Apr 1 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, this…

And this was at half-time

Just trying to save his job,
Weapon is an understatement
Russell Martin post match quote on 21:37 - Apr 1 with 756 viewsElderGrizzly

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:30 - Apr 1 by MJallday

A quick glance at the saints forums shows that he’s not exactly popular right now, in fact a significant majority want him gone

I guess with Wilcox leaving, he is even more vulnerable
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:12 - Apr 1 with 694 viewsnshearman1

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:37 - Apr 1 by ElderGrizzly

I guess with Wilcox leaving, he is even more vulnerable

Definitely. He's a w****r with a Premiership squad and is failing.
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:16 - Apr 1 with 677 viewsReuser_is_God

Even straight laced Matt Holland thinks he’s a ball end

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:17 - Apr 1 with 674 viewsbazza

Unluuuccckkkkyyyyyyy !!!! The Ipswitch craft strikes again
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:20 - Apr 1 with 656 viewsrailman

Russell Martin post match quote on 20:43 - Apr 1 by Illinoisblue

Imagine if they do us a favour on the last day…

You have just ensured that they are in the playoffs. Why would you play a strong team in the last match risking injury or suspensions for the play off games?
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:20 - Apr 1 with 647 viewsPhilTWTD

He was really spiky and difficult throughout.
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:23 - Apr 1 with 624 viewsDanTheMan

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:20 - Apr 1 by PhilTWTD

He was really spiky and difficult throughout.

He must know he's basically screwed it up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:33 - Apr 1 with 548 viewsChurchman

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:03 - Apr 1 by ITFC_Forever

Cry more, that’s how football can go and why we love it.

To be fair, Southampton were the best side we’ve played this season, which makes the result this evening all the better.

I thought were better than Leeds and Leicester. I thought the ref gave them a helping hand, right up to the sending off which was marginal.

But despite being a very second best for a good chunk of that, what resilience, guts and drive. They don’t give up. I love that. I’ve never seen a team like it.

Brilliant result
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:45 - Apr 1 with 499 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:20 - Apr 1 by railman

You have just ensured that they are in the playoffs. Why would you play a strong team in the last match risking injury or suspensions for the play off games?

I very much doubt they would, yet all you 3 parachute teams have ridiculous strength in depth. Like being able to bring on Piroe off the bench tonight - we had a fella just signed from L2 as th only fit striker in the club. So even 2nd string teams can cause problems. Or you may be up by then, so it might be you lot on the beach and a S'ton win could help us against Leicester. Who knows. Despite how dominant the three of us has been, this league always turns around and bites you in the arse when you least expect it, so I've given up trying ot predict what might happen.

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:48 - Apr 1 with 489 viewsdavblue

Russell Martin post match quote on 21:13 - Apr 1 by Chrisd

That Dave, is exactly how I saw the game too.

Thought they were very clever how they were patient in not engaging our defenders ‘traps’ particularly in the 1st half and how they used S Armstrong and Aribo to go wide to give them
Out balls.

Very impressed with Southampton, thought we really struggled with their athleticism and Luongo really struggled in there tonight.

At time we just had to stay in the game and once we done that, the last 35 mins weren’t vintage us but we found a way somehow.
Russell Martin post match quote on 22:50 - Apr 1 with 472 viewspointofblue

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:20 - Apr 1 by railman

I’m not sure what the rules are about bringing the league into disrepute by playing a weakened side. I remember fallout after Wolves fielded a weaker side against Manchester United in the Premier League, as they were facing Burnley a few days later.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:51 - Apr 1 with 459 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Russell who?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:54 - Apr 1 with 444 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russell Martin post match quote on 22:48 - Apr 1 by davblue

Thought they were very clever how they were patient in not engaging our defenders ‘traps’ particularly in the 1st half and how they used S Armstrong and Aribo to go wide to give them
Out balls.

Very impressed with Southampton, thought we really struggled with their athleticism and Luongo really struggled in there tonight.

At time we just had to stay in the game and once we done that, the last 35 mins weren’t vintage us but we found a way somehow.

They were great while they had the energy. And then we took over and found a second gear. We've seen it so many times. There was only so long they could keep doubling up on us before they ran out of steam. I can't work out whether it's the drugs or the voodoo. Maybe it's bit of both

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024