Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club comments have made it worse 08:10 - Apr 9 with 7199 viewsITFC_Blood

The club said it was "disappointed" by the reaction and said it did not hand out 20% of its allocation to "staff or hangers on".
It said a "limited allocation" went to players as normal and to staff who regularly attend games.

We all know the staff had a plus one they could take!

Oh dear do they think about these statements

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Club comments have made it worse on 09:04 - Apr 9 with 1523 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Club comments have made it worse on 09:00 - Apr 9 by ITFC_Blood

Yes I did as I had enough points and did the hard miles this season to earn it

I’m annoyed at the lies buddy and fans who missed out.

As Sitters said fans forum will be the place to say.

Time to focus on 2 massive games, we all want to be arguing over tickets for Anfield next season don’t we!

Yes, we do and this negativity on a fans forum, will not achieve it, nor will asking Phil to grill the club and create a media pile on.

Lets get up, then everyone can moan like fk

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Club comments have made it worse on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 1522 viewsitfcjoe

Club comments have made it worse on 09:00 - Apr 9 by ITFC_Blood

Yes I did as I had enough points and did the hard miles this season to earn it

I’m annoyed at the lies buddy and fans who missed out.

As Sitters said fans forum will be the place to say.

Time to focus on 2 massive games, we all want to be arguing over tickets for Anfield next season don’t we!

I find it mad to think that people think that those who went, and are annoyed by this, are going to sulk or not support team over the rest of the season. It’s not like we’ve had a Barney at home and not speaking to other half - it’s a football team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club comments have made it worse on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 1506 viewsbobbyramsey

Club comments have made it worse on 08:58 - Apr 9 by flykickingbybgunn

Tickets for the Carrow Road game should have gone entirely to those who have been to the most away games.
That they went to anybody else is totally unacceptable. If the club want to reward their workers fine, no problem, but not THAT game.
I say this as some one with no axe to grind as I have not been to an away game this year.
The Club repeatedly goes on about how important it is for the fans to get behind the team. Which is what has happened this year. But a friend that is a Budgie said to me our fans were surprisingly quiet. Of course they were, there too many hangers on and free loaders who did not care.
The management should admit they got it wrong.
They should apologise to all the clubs supporters and the team because our normal support was diluted just at the time it was needed most.
What if we dont go up because of the 3 points thrown away in this match ?
Finally at the end of the season change the rules so that by all means reward workers but NOT AT CARROW ROAD. That match is for true Blues only.

If you're worrying over "three points thrown away" I think it would be better to ponder the three points thrown away at Cardiff......
Club comments have made it worse on 09:09 - Apr 9 with 1473 viewspointofblue

Being open, honest and apologetic about the situation in the statement would have diffused the situation immediately, but refusing to disclose how many who had accrued points missed out on the Norwich trip, combined to sneering that the fans reaction is ‘disappointing’ is rubbing salts in the wounds.

Those who are saying we should move on due to the club’s position on the pitch are right. But the club could aid and abet that, rather than making it more difficult due to their dismissive response.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Club comments have made it worse on 09:09 - Apr 9 with 1478 viewsKeno

in the same article the club also says

""Whilst we won't get every decision right, we will continue to review our processes in all areas of the club and make improvements where necessary," the spokesperson said"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-68764374

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Club comments have made it worse on 09:09 - Apr 9 with 1475 viewsITFC_Blood

Club comments have made it worse on 09:06 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

I find it mad to think that people think that those who went, and are annoyed by this, are going to sulk or not support team over the rest of the season. It’s not like we’ve had a Barney at home and not speaking to other half - it’s a football team

Exactly this.

Think we are all a bit F off with the way it was handled and the points system not being used for this game.

The club still need to issue a decent comment rather then calling the fans disappointing

Club comments have made it worse on 09:11 - Apr 9 with 1468 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've not really followed this, as I 've no chance of getting tickets despite being ever present for some years in the past and for the rest attending a minimum of 5-6 games a season for over 45 years. Not everyone can get tickets irrespective of how long they've supported us.

Does anyone know if this was a one-off just because it' was the Norwich match, or is it normal? I'd have thought normal, but I'm not sure. Down here at Swansea there are always plenty of hanger-onners from tickets issued directly through the club, so I'd have thought this is just how it works.

I can see why people may be peed off, but on the flip side I don't begrudge someone working at the club a ticket to a game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 09:16 - Apr 9 with 1414 viewsBlueBlood90

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 08:27 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

Watford at home is massive.

We need zero negativity, and total support.

The Norwich game was a bad day at the office. We know we can bounce back. But a bad vibe around the fan base and a weak support on Weds, and we inhibit the players.

I get your point but the two subjects are totally unrelated. Everyone will be supporting the boys tomorrow night as normally but people still have every right to be angry and it shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet after an unapologetic statement.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Login to get fewer ads

Club comments have made it worse on 09:17 - Apr 9 with 1405 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Club comments have made it worse on 09:11 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

I've not really followed this, as I 've no chance of getting tickets despite being ever present for some years in the past and for the rest attending a minimum of 5-6 games a season for over 45 years. Not everyone can get tickets irrespective of how long they've supported us.

Does anyone know if this was a one-off just because it' was the Norwich match, or is it normal? I'd have thought normal, but I'm not sure. Down here at Swansea there are always plenty of hanger-onners from tickets issued directly through the club, so I'd have thought this is just how it works.

I can see why people may be peed off, but on the flip side I don't begrudge someone working at the club a ticket to a game.

Same, Its always been my experience that clubs will give out tickets to anyone that wants one, especially sponsors, staff and invited guests, normally in that order.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:20 - Apr 9 with 1387 viewsITFC_Blood

Club comments have made it worse on 09:17 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Same, Its always been my experience that clubs will give out tickets to anyone that wants one, especially sponsors, staff and invited guests, normally in that order.

It’s the plus one that has f people off

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 09:21 - Apr 9 with 1383 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 09:16 - Apr 9 by BlueBlood90

I get your point but the two subjects are totally unrelated. Everyone will be supporting the boys tomorrow night as normally but people still have every right to be angry and it shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet after an unapologetic statement.

It's obvious that everyone will be behind the team tomorrow. But given Frimmers little run in with Burns' dad, via this forum do we honestly still think that the players, the club staff and their families don't read this board, and moreover do we think it doesn't affect them?

The evidence says otherwise.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:25 - Apr 9 with 1346 viewsellaandred

Club comments have made it worse on 08:48 - Apr 9 by SitfcB

Yep, need to move on.

Sure it’ll come up at the next fans forum, and that’s the time to do it.

I wonder who will have the (foot) balls to ask.
Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 09:27 - Apr 9 with 1336 viewspointofblue

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 09:21 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's obvious that everyone will be behind the team tomorrow. But given Frimmers little run in with Burns' dad, via this forum do we honestly still think that the players, the club staff and their families don't read this board, and moreover do we think it doesn't affect them?

The evidence says otherwise.

This issue has nothing to do with the coaching staff or the players, and I hope they realise that. I don’t think many would have issues with their families/friends having tickets as, in all likelihood, they would have been following the club around the country anyway. It’s not the coaching staff or players who released that tone deaf statement, which has inflamed rather than diffused the situation. I have no doubt the coaching staff and players have near 100% support from all - it’s those at the top away from the playing side who are under pressure.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:35 - Apr 9 with 1282 viewsWhos_blue

Original post deleted.
Only partly written and posted in error.
[Post edited 9 Apr 10:01]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:41 - Apr 9 with 1248 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think the club statement is fair. As long as they do review it and it doesn't happen again, I think that's reasonable.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:44 - Apr 9 with 1209 viewsRyorry

Club comments have made it worse on 09:09 - Apr 9 by pointofblue

Being open, honest and apologetic about the situation in the statement would have diffused the situation immediately, but refusing to disclose how many who had accrued points missed out on the Norwich trip, combined to sneering that the fans reaction is ‘disappointing’ is rubbing salts in the wounds.

Those who are saying we should move on due to the club’s position on the pitch are right. But the club could aid and abet that, rather than making it more difficult due to their dismissive response.

Completely get what you’re saying, but at the end of the day it’s probably just one, maybe not even senior, individual who’s been asked to write an apology, not the whole club (ownership and management). Yes they messed up, but compared with so much else that’s been got right … no organisation ever gets it right 100% of the time, in fairness.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Club comments have made it worse on 09:48 - Apr 9 with 1169 viewsWhos_blue

Whilst it does seem that the club have rather mishandled this one, particularly the aftermath, I have to say that the outrage expressed does seem rather out of kilter with everything else going on at the club.
Everything about the club is immeasurable better since GC came in compared with the tirgid purgatory of the preceding decade.
I notice a few digs aimed at MA over this issue too. Let's not go all Bristol City over this.
I think the die hard away fans have some right to be annoyed at this situation.
My regular away days are behind me now and I've only done one away this season, so it doesn't really affect me.
One thing that does seem missing from the debate is how we ended up with the points based system in the first place. As I recall it was implemented in response to some fans buying up tickets for games they never had any intention of attending, for the sole purpose of being able to get enough points for the Norwich game. A move that also saw this place become a temporary ticket resale site.
I'm not sure that demanding apologies from the club in the manner we've seen here is particularly helpful.
I think that in the main, the club consistently demonstrates it respects the fans. If I had put the work in to turn this club around that MA et al have done, I might understandably be a little snippy in my response to the vitriolic criticism this issue has attracted.
If people are genuinely upset, take the time to contact the club, but keep it classy.
We're 5 games away from something unthinkable 3 years ago.
Let's not go gunning for those who have facilitated that at the first sign of a PR error.
It doesn't bode well for future challenges we will undoubtedly face.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:53 - Apr 9 with 1094 viewsPinewoodblue

Club comments have made it worse on 08:47 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

Ultimately staff (and their plus 1s) had the opportunity to take 1 of 200 tickets they had allocated

Plus there were 150-200 of the usual comps which is on the high end, as you’d expect.

I don’t think anyone disputes that the usual comps are fair enough, because players and first team staff will always have friends and families there etc…

But these staff have the opportunity to buy tickets to the same games as everyone else, and a number of staff do go week in week out….but a massive error to open it up to those who don’t go regularly

Would like to think the club logged full details of who used the +1 tickets and that they were all for immediate family members. Staff are not entitled to sell tickets on anymore than fans are and if any employee transgressed they are treated in the same way the club would deal with any fan identified doing the same thing.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:54 - Apr 9 with 1083 viewspointofblue

Club comments have made it worse on 09:44 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

Completely get what you’re saying, but at the end of the day it’s probably just one, maybe not even senior, individual who’s been asked to write an apology, not the whole club (ownership and management). Yes they messed up, but compared with so much else that’s been got right … no organisation ever gets it right 100% of the time, in fairness.

Every public communication should go through an experienced PR person to be checked. Either this one was missed or the PR person needs re-training. Fans are akin to customers - very rarely, if at all, do you see businesses call the reaction of customers ‘disappointing’, even if they may think it. And, if they do so, they get ripped to shreds for it.

Club comments have made it worse on 09:55 - Apr 9 with 1076 viewslizzibee

Club comments have made it worse on 08:41 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

There is a danger that this will over shadow the end of the season, where we need zero negativity
I get people are severely pissed off but this is better being addressed in the closed season imo.

Or just let it drop? What's happened has happened and I don't think anything is conclusive - one person says one thing and another person another. What's done is done (whatever that is) and if its looked at then fair plays. People keep going on just looks like playground fighting. Things could be so much worse at the club - we could support Wednesday.

Isnt it better to get behind the club, and the team and give everything for the remaining games?
Club comments have made it worse on 10:00 - Apr 9 with 1047 viewsBasuco

Seems a bit of a fuss over nothing to me, success means more fans go to games, more fans means tickets are harder to get hold of, 2000 to 3000 seems to be the average away allocation so a lot are going to be disappointed. Clubs keeping a few tickets back to give away is not a new thing, and for many of us this makes little difference to ticket availability. The days of deciding to go to a particular away game and easily getting tickets are over.
Club comments have made it worse on 10:18 - Apr 9 with 947 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Club comments have made it worse on 08:48 - Apr 9 by SitfcB

Yep, need to move on.

Sure it’ll come up at the next fans forum, and that’s the time to do it.

Whilst I myself am willing to drop it for a few weeks til the post season, I’m incredibly disappointed and will be absolutely fuming if the same situation occurs in the playoffs if we find ourselves in them.

Because let’s face it if we play any of Cov, Scum or West Brom (the only three possible opponents realistically), it’ll sell out. If I find out West Ham Dave from security’s wife who hates football has a ticket to the game and I don’t, I think that would be the biggest own goal imaginable from Ashton. He’s a lot of credit in the bank but it would be a huge **** you to those of us who miss out (again).

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Club comments have made it worse on 10:30 - Apr 9 with 895 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Club comments have made it worse on 09:41 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think the club statement is fair. As long as they do review it and it doesn't happen again, I think that's reasonable.

They should have admitted how many tickets they gave away, and apologised without expressing disappointment at fans.

Could've gone away much more easily if handled well.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Club comments have made it worse on 10:31 - Apr 9 with 878 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Club comments have made it worse on 09:44 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

MA will have had sight of it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Club comments have made it worse on 10:38 - Apr 9 with 845 viewsGuthrum

Club comments have made it worse on 08:50 - Apr 9 by TractorCam

Indeed. This points system was surely implemented with this Norwich away game in mind, given it being at the end of the season. Seems odd to take away quite a significant portion of tickets from fans, some who will have spent more/ done more miles than usual to try and get to this game.

But it's also a prestige game to reward people who have worked for the club or supported it in other ways (e.g. corporate sponsorship).

Would be interesting to know if the numbers are any different to other matches, or even previous fixtures at Carrow Rd.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024