Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time McKenna shows his worth. 07:46 - Apr 11 with 6304 viewsOldFart71

With a loss against the Budgies and a draw against Watford maybe the time for Kieran to earn his spurs. Any manager can be great when things go well. It's the managers that can get that bit extra from players and possibly set the team up a bit differently to get what's required from his team. Don't get me wrong, this is not having a go at McKenna as what he and the team on and off the pitch have done over the past two seasons is out of this World.My concern now is that we falter and as we know those playoffs end up with sixth place promoted when third place are twenty points ahead of them as it's all on those few games then. I have said it's the manager, but also the players that have served Town so well need to step up a bit also. Long season, higher League. A bit of tiredness perhaps ?
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 07:59 - Apr 11 with 4097 viewsSteve_M

Well, that's definitely a take.

We have 88 points from 42 matches and we are second on goal difference, against three of the most well equipped parachute-payment sides seen in the division for some time. There is a hair's breadth between the top three and it's a time for nerve now - from players and fans.

Also, statistically, the third-placed team wins the Championship play-off far more often than the sixth placed one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:05 - Apr 11 with 4053 viewsSwailsey

I would say he has already done that by having us second with a handful of games to go, and giving us our best season for over 20 years.

People (not specifically you) are so prone to hyperbole.

Life isn’t linear. Enjoy the ride.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

31 points from losing positions on 08:08 - Apr 11 with 4027 viewsPendejo

Says a lot about his managerial capabilities

That's before any other stat anyone wants to feel out

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:16 - Apr 11 with 3969 viewsRichardWright

If people think the manager is going to make any significant changes to the way we play when there's only 4 games to go and the current system has got us to second, then I suggest they will be disappointed.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:20 - Apr 11 with 3940 viewsibbleobble

Even if we finished mid-table he would have proven his worth so to be guaranteed at least a top four spot is beyond anyone’s expectations. Time for a reality check from all those coming out the woodwork now we’re on the cusp of the PL.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:02 - Apr 11 with 3745 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:16 - Apr 11 by RichardWright

If people think the manager is going to make any significant changes to the way we play when there's only 4 games to go and the current system has got us to second, then I suggest they will be disappointed.

I do however wish he could see moore is killing us at the moment. Many players not at their best but yes making it harder for them.

He hasn't got much wrong KM pretty much every game near spot on.. however I don't see what he's seeing with moore at the moment as it's just not helping us in the final third. . But that's the only thing I'd hope to see change.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 3711 viewsChurchman

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:02 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

I do however wish he could see moore is killing us at the moment. Many players not at their best but yes making it harder for them.

He hasn't got much wrong KM pretty much every game near spot on.. however I don't see what he's seeing with moore at the moment as it's just not helping us in the final third. . But that's the only thing I'd hope to see change.

Moore provides a focal point to the attack. He battering rams defences and without him since Jan, I suspect we’d have struggled to make the play offs. He’s been excellent for us overall.

At the moment, I think he’s carrying injury. He looks slightly slower and off it a bit. But that may purely be perception.

Hirst suits how we play with his mobility. He’s a better option for us than Moore but he’s not there. Moore was about the best that was available at the time and if he’s fit he plays. KM has it right.

Is Moore a long term option? I don’t think so. I suspect a striker will again be summer priority.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:15 - Apr 11 with 3675 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:11 - Apr 11 by Churchman

Moore provides a focal point to the attack. He battering rams defences and without him since Jan, I suspect we’d have struggled to make the play offs. He’s been excellent for us overall.

At the moment, I think he’s carrying injury. He looks slightly slower and off it a bit. But that may purely be perception.

Hirst suits how we play with his mobility. He’s a better option for us than Moore but he’s not there. Moore was about the best that was available at the time and if he’s fit he plays. KM has it right.

Is Moore a long term option? I don’t think so. I suspect a striker will again be summer priority.

It's not working with Moore at the moment.

We've been so sluggish the last few games with him up front, clearly not fit.

Let's give Al Hamadi a chance.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

31 points from losing positions on 09:18 - Apr 11 with 3627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

31 points from losing positions on 08:08 - Apr 11 by Pendejo

Says a lot about his managerial capabilities

That's before any other stat anyone wants to feel out

I think that's a really neutral stat.

It show that we go behind too often, as much as it shows our ability to recover.

That's a criticism of the stat, not KM. I think KM has done a great job.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:18 - Apr 11 with 3625 viewsblueasfook

I see the downvote crew are out in force. Another poster ridiculed for merely having an opinion. Poor guy is probably crying into his corn flakes.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:19 - Apr 11 with 3615 viewspointofblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:20 - Apr 11 by ibbleobble

Even if we finished mid-table he would have proven his worth so to be guaranteed at least a top four spot is beyond anyone’s expectations. Time for a reality check from all those coming out the woodwork now we’re on the cusp of the PL.

I think there may be a case of nerves if we don't go up. None of the teams who finished in or around the play offs last season but failed to go up are currently in them. Coventry are closest but adrift of Norwich. If we beat Middlesbrough on Saturday, they'll be practically out of contention. Sunderland are languishing in midtable. Blackburn and Millwall are both in the relegation battle. The highest placed team from last season's Championship - West Brom - finished ninth in 22/23.

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton have enough backing from parachute payments to regroup and go again should they fail. Us? If we can keep hold of McKenna then I see no reason why not. But this feels like an opportunity which may not present itself to us again - and we have enough experience of falling on the wrong side of three way battles in this division. I think there's where the edginess from the fans is coming from, possibly subconsciously.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:54 - Apr 11 with 3501 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:11 - Apr 11 by Churchman

That's the point though Church, Km keeps putting him even though he's unfit, and an unfit Moore really does hurt our attacking play. So often last night we were getting forward he wasn't keeping up, nothing stuck, he couldn't hold it, he was just out of it. Thats not his fault, he's clearly fked, so lets try something else whilst we're at the business end of the season. An unfit moore against 3cbs... Yes I know al hamadi isn't 100%, but least he could get at them to start with open up spaces for our other forwards and then we have moore for air battles if needed 2nd half..

I just feel of all the good that's been done, this continued selection of an unfit Moore is just the opposite of KM's clear tactical talent.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:09 - Apr 11 with 3431 viewsChurchman

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:54 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

That's the point though Church, Km keeps putting him even though he's unfit, and an unfit Moore really does hurt our attacking play. So often last night we were getting forward he wasn't keeping up, nothing stuck, he couldn't hold it, he was just out of it. Thats not his fault, he's clearly fked, so lets try something else whilst we're at the business end of the season. An unfit moore against 3cbs... Yes I know al hamadi isn't 100%, but least he could get at them to start with open up spaces for our other forwards and then we have moore for air battles if needed 2nd half..

I just feel of all the good that's been done, this continued selection of an unfit Moore is just the opposite of KM's clear tactical talent.

It doesn’t if you don’t have an alternative. AAH? Well he’s allegedly carrying an injury too. But I can see an argument for him starting instead of Moore.

I’d not change the team too much, if I could avoid it. That includes Taylor who I thought did ok. Clarke was his usual snarling aggressive which I rather enjoyed. He even started playing passes for Jackson to run onto which opened them up a few times.

Obviously Woolfy comes in for GE. Overall, play Moore for max 60 mins.

But then again, there’s a reason why I’m not a football manager. I’m clueless.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:25 - Apr 11 with 3331 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:18 - Apr 11 by blueasfook

I see the downvote crew are out in force. Another poster ridiculed for merely having an opinion. Poor guy is probably crying into his corn flakes.

“The downvote crew”.

People who independently of each other come to the conclusion that telling KM it’s “time to prove his worth”, as though he hasn’t already, is an obnoxious and ridiculous insult.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:27 - Apr 11 with 3324 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we falter now, so be it. It'll be bloody frustrating of course given we've been so close, yet this team have punched WAY above what anyone expected. And the reason for that is KM and his team. So I don't think he or they need to prove anything.

Of course, that doesn't mean it would be fantastic for them to see us over the line now and secure a top two place - they'll be club legends if they do. A better feat than Burley and the 2000 crew achieved.

We played really well last night and were all over Watford like a rash in the first half. It feels like an opportunity missed and could possibly a season defining moment, but it wan't from lack of trying or anything KM got wrong. We had enough chances to win that game twice but our Achilles heal of not converting from good positions caught us out again. Ultimately that comes down to the players in the moment - I don't see what else KM could have done.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:31 - Apr 11 with 3305 viewsPinewoodblue

We are the only team in top six not receiving parachute payments .

We have the only manager who remains positive, not blaming players or official, or bad luck when we fail to win.

We are likely, with the way fixtures have worked out, to not be favourites going into the last 10 days of the season which sits comfortably with our one game approach.

In McKenna, and the squad, we trust.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:33 - Apr 11 with 3287 viewslizzibee

for someone who isn't having a go, it certainly reads as though you are having a go! They have stepped up! we are second, which is higher than most of us thought pre-season. Did you really expect this position and how well we are doing....seriously, the negativity is shocking!
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:34 - Apr 11 with 3281 viewsitfcsuth

Second in the Championship with 4 games to play, after being in L1 less than a year ago shows KMc & the players worth/capabilites.

Don't get entitled because we've been so good we have jumped 4 steps ahead of our natural progression plan.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:34 - Apr 11 with 3278 viewslizzibee

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:15 - Apr 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's not working with Moore at the moment.

We've been so sluggish the last few games with him up front, clearly not fit.

Let's give Al Hamadi a chance.

He's been injured and there has been sickness bug
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:34 - Apr 11 with 3280 viewsStewart27

We all read a lot of tripe on here. And hopefully I not about to be whooshed.

But to ask KM to prove his worth is a disgraceful request after all he’s done this past 2.5 years.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 3264 viewslizzibee

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:34 - Apr 11 by Stewart27

But to ask KM to prove his worth is a disgraceful request after all he’s done this past 2.5 years.

Agree - logging in now there is pretty much nothing but negativity and moaning....absolutely bonkers - what a strange fan base we really have. Second in league, no parachute payments and people still have the audacity to moan.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 3256 viewsStewart27

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:54 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

I agree.

Moore was so immobile last night.

I’d be very surprised with anybody querying the Hirst v Moore argument still in our system.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:38 - Apr 11 with 3245 viewspointofblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:09 - Apr 11 by Churchman

It doesn’t if you don’t have an alternative. AAH? Well he’s allegedly carrying an injury too. But I can see an argument for him starting instead of Moore.

I’d not change the team too much, if I could avoid it. That includes Taylor who I thought did ok. Clarke was his usual snarling aggressive which I rather enjoyed. He even started playing passes for Jackson to run onto which opened them up a few times.

Obviously Woolfy comes in for GE. Overall, play Moore for max 60 mins.

But then again, there’s a reason why I’m not a football manager. I’m clueless.

Due to injuries and illnesses we've been forced to step away from the 'finishers' plan which has worked well this season. Have the likes of Taylor, Hutchinson, Sarmiento, Al-Hamidi and, of late, Clarke come off the bench and wreak havoc together in the last 30 minutes or so. I think we should return to that on Saturday - especially as I think Hutch is showing signs of fatigue.

I'd go with Hladky, Tuanzebe, Davis, Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Travis, Jackson, Chaplin, Broadhead, Moore. Then make those changes and try and stretch the game, which has worked so well before.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:12 - Apr 11 with 3136 viewsBondiBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:34 - Apr 11 by Stewart27

I don't know, i'm still not sold.

He's lost six or seven games now. A better manager wouldn't have lost any.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:35 - Apr 11 with 3055 viewsEuropablue

Do you actually watch the matches? Have you seen how much of a battle almost every single one has been?
I don't need to see KM to leave for another club to understand his worth. You have to take the rough with the smooth. On another day we would have had a draw against Norwich and a win against Watford. The margins are narrower than the width of a post.
KM is managing the club over the season, he can't just burn out all of the players. Against Norwich he also had to have an eye on Watford and Middlesborough. With a two week break coming up he can throw everything at Middlesborough, then recover for the crucial last 3 matches. Win on Saturday and us supporters can relax and recover for 2 weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024