Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? 22:35 - Apr 16 with 2425 viewsFrimleyBlue

If anyone can get him into the world cup in 26 it's KM.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 22:42 - Apr 16 with 2381 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Luton seemed to work wonders for Ross Barkley this season who seems to be a less extreme version of Dele (big club background, huge potential, never really fulfilled it), so a newly promoted team could suit Dele. He comes across in the media as pretty down to earth and switched on (which isn’t always the impression you get about him), so maybe he’d be tempted by good playing time without a mega bucks salary.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 22:56 - Apr 16 with 2305 viewsunstableblue

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 22:42 - Apr 16 by Matt_Netherlands

Luton seemed to work wonders for Ross Barkley this season who seems to be a less extreme version of Dele (big club background, huge potential, never really fulfilled it), so a newly promoted team could suit Dele. He comes across in the media as pretty down to earth and switched on (which isn’t always the impression you get about him), so maybe he’d be tempted by good playing time without a mega bucks salary.

I've always thought that Ross Barkley was the kind of exemplar player who Town and KM could pick up and give us the immediate lift we'd need moving up to the EPL quality and level.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 05:15 - Apr 17 with 2016 viewsMK1

No thanks.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 05:21 - Apr 17 with 2016 viewsMK1

We are where we are because we don't have a "Big" name in the changing room. This is a squad of hard working, down to earth professionals. We don't need someone who is trying to steal the limelight. We will need hard working team players to stay up there next season.
[Post edited 17 Apr 5:23]
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 06:37 - Apr 17 with 1917 viewsfranz_tyson

If Dele Ali wants to be taken seriously he'd give himself reasonable targets. WC 26?!!!!!
If he gets a Championship club and sees his career out in a professional and relatively successful way at a lower level he'd do well.
Not in the slightest bit interested if he has a daily 11am reminder of WC26 on his phone. Is he getting up early every day and giving everything with his rehab? That would be more impressive. I know he has a story and I'm not getting into that, but he's been an expensive failure for a few seasons and taken the p1ss out of clubs and fans alike.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 08:52 - Apr 17 with 1612 viewsRobTheMonk

I hope he gets back to the player he once was. The Ali of old would probably fit quite well into that attacking midfield role.

I wouldn't want to take the risk though.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 08:53 - Apr 17 with 1609 viewspointofblue

Because that worked so well with Williams...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 08:58 - Apr 17 with 1583 viewstextbackup

Na

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 09:15 - Apr 17 with 1513 viewsipswichtillidie

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 08:52 - Apr 17 by RobTheMonk

I hope he gets back to the player he once was. The Ali of old would probably fit quite well into that attacking midfield role.

I wouldn't want to take the risk though.

I’d agree would be a huge risk. I would imagine he wouldn’t come cheap either despite the risk associated with him. That said, I would back KMc to get a tune out of him and the environment at here would do him the world of good if he’s open to seriously getting back to a higher level.

Gav

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 10:40 - Apr 17 with 1276 viewsNeedhamChris

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 08:53 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Because that worked so well with Williams...

Going to give KM the benefit of the doubt and say he's 1-1 on these given that Tuanzebe has been a good addition.

But yeah - he might be put off another fixer-upper for a while...

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 11:06 - Apr 17 with 1196 viewsJon_456

Agreed. I think we’ll see in the summer how honest he’s being about his WC target whether he puts football before money. Following Barkleys route of joining a newly promoted or lower prem team to prioritise minutes over money would do him wonders I feel. Still an outstanding footballer when fit and in the right frame of mind.

Think he would suit our number 10 position very well.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 11:39 - Apr 17 with 1119 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 11:06 - Apr 17 by Jon_456

Agreed. I think we’ll see in the summer how honest he’s being about his WC target whether he puts football before money. Following Barkleys route of joining a newly promoted or lower prem team to prioritise minutes over money would do him wonders I feel. Still an outstanding footballer when fit and in the right frame of mind.

Think he would suit our number 10 position very well.

If we get promoted I would rather Chaplin be given a chance to shine in the Prem, rather than being bumped for a bloke who has already had that chance.

Everything about Conor Chaplin, from his play, his leadership within the team, his dedication in doing the coaching badges, through his work with fans and in the community, makes me want our promotion as much for him, and others like him such as Sam Morsy, as for myself as a fan.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 12:38 - Apr 17 with 982 viewsChurchman

ITFC in the past few years has been very clear on the type of player it wants. They’ve said that you can be the world’s best player, but if you don’t have the right attitude, application and willingness to do the non footballing stuff then this club’s not for you.

So why would we sign Adele Alli? I saw him play for England about five years ago in a friendly. He was outstanding. Top drawer. Not now.

Since the start of season 20/21 he’s made 38 appearances, 22 of those as sub. In the last two seasons, he’s made two sub appearances for the £10,400,000 he’s been paid plus the £40,000,000 Everton paid Spurs for him. No wonder Everton have slid down the financial pan with decisions like that.

At age 28 Alli is no doubt happy with the dough he’s made and continues to make. He ought to be. Talk about eeeeasy money. £10m for two sub appearances? He’s literally laughing all the way to the bank.

He’s washed up. Career on the slide. Maybe he’s a great bloke n all that but all he appears to have worked on is his hairdoo and when his contract runs out I suspect he’ll be looking for another payday elsewhere. He wouldn’t be the first.

I get that certain people love a big name almost at any cost. Some also like the romantic notion of a fallen star magically resurrecting his career. The current Ipswich team is better than the sum of its parts. It has professionals who work hard and are dedicated to their careers and each other. It is a primary reason why they’ve done so well.

Start bunging in overpaid hasbeens like Alli, and all that will be lost. So while I understand peoples’ hunger for big stars and marquee signings, it’d be a big fat no from me. I am being subjective and probably unnecessarily harsh, but it’s how I see it.
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 12:55 - Apr 17 with 929 viewsVaughan8

I'm not sure where Dele Alli's next move is.

Clearly has a lot of issues from historic traumas to a lack of work ethic. It seems like its down to him now but I doubt anyone is going to pay him a lot of money. he would be a big risk. He can't have played at his best for 4-5 years now?
Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 13:11 - Apr 17 with 843 viewsjayessess

Has KM worked with Dele Ali before? on 12:38 - Apr 17 by Churchman

ITFC in the past few years has been very clear on the type of player it wants. They’ve said that you can be the world’s best player, but if you don’t have the right attitude, application and willingness to do the non footballing stuff then this club’s not for you.

So why would we sign Adele Alli? I saw him play for England about five years ago in a friendly. He was outstanding. Top drawer. Not now.

Since the start of season 20/21 he’s made 38 appearances, 22 of those as sub. In the last two seasons, he’s made two sub appearances for the £10,400,000 he’s been paid plus the £40,000,000 Everton paid Spurs for him. No wonder Everton have slid down the financial pan with decisions like that.

At age 28 Alli is no doubt happy with the dough he’s made and continues to make. He ought to be. Talk about eeeeasy money. £10m for two sub appearances? He’s literally laughing all the way to the bank.

He’s washed up. Career on the slide. Maybe he’s a great bloke n all that but all he appears to have worked on is his hairdoo and when his contract runs out I suspect he’ll be looking for another payday elsewhere. He wouldn’t be the first.

I get that certain people love a big name almost at any cost. Some also like the romantic notion of a fallen star magically resurrecting his career. The current Ipswich team is better than the sum of its parts. It has professionals who work hard and are dedicated to their careers and each other. It is a primary reason why they’ve done so well.

Start bunging in overpaid hasbeens like Alli, and all that will be lost. So while I understand peoples’ hunger for big stars and marquee signings, it’d be a big fat no from me. I am being subjective and probably unnecessarily harsh, but it’s how I see it.

Beyond Dele specifically, I'm not sure promoted clubs can entirely rule out this kind of transfer. When you have an under-powered budget relative to the rest of your division, you have to find value that is currently under-priced. There are different ways of doing this:

- Keep faith with players you already own, trust they can step up.
- Buy players unproven in the PL overseas
- Buy players unproven in the PL from lower English divisions
- Borrow highly-rated young players from Big 6 PL clubs
- Get fringe players from other mid-ranking PL teams
- Rehab elite players who have underperformed through injury/attitude problems

Each category comes with risks and potential rewards. I don't think you can rule out doing the last one entirely. We did it twice this season with Tuanzebe and Williams, one has worked out, one hasn't. Whether Dele is one that would work depends on a lot we can't know from outside, but it's not the type of recruit we can rule out entirely.
[Post edited 17 Apr 13:19]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024