Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Least disliked team from each division 22:55 - Apr 18 with 3631 viewsChorleyBoy

Looking at the English clubs playing in Europe this week, the most disappointing result for me is that Villa are through to the semis of the Europa Conference League.

I've disliked Villa since 1981/82 and because of Andy Gray
I've disliked Citeh since the 1981 FA Cup semi-final.
Liverpool, because... always
West Ham since 1975
Arsenal because of "The" Arsenal.

All this has got me thinking whether there are any clubs that we Town fans collectively like in any of the leagues.

Here's my list of least offensive club from each of the 4 divisions:

EPL: Brentford
CHA: Plymouth
Lg1: Barnsley
Lg2: Wimbledon

Least disliked team from each division on 23:17 - Apr 18 with 2714 viewssmithy69

I dislike every team in England - barring the blues

Never understood when people have soft spots for other teams :)
Least disliked team from each division on 23:30 - Apr 18 with 2675 viewsWeWereZombies

Premier League - Crystal Palace
Second tier - QPR
Third tier - Orient
Fourth tier - Doncaster Rovers
Scottish Premiership - Ross County
Scottish second tier - Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Scottish third tier - Montrose
Scottish fourth tier - Dumbarton

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Least disliked team from each division on 23:56 - Apr 18 with 2616 viewsBluePG

Least disliked team from each division on 23:30 - Apr 18 by WeWereZombies

Second tier - QPR
Third tier - Orient

Montrose! Yes!

Look out for their results every week. Have promised myself that I’ll go and watch them one day. All stems from my father’s first Hornby train being “The Duchess of Montrose.”

Poll: Best Dane?

Least disliked team from each division on 00:07 - Apr 19 with 2594 viewsronnyd

Second tier - QPR
Third tier - Orient

Can Scottish football really be classed as football?
Least disliked team from each division on 04:45 - Apr 19 with 2447 viewsacj

I’ve always quite liked Crewe. Think it goes back to that 6-4.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Least disliked team from each division on 05:08 - Apr 19 with 2424 viewsMK1

Newcastle
Sunderland
Cheltenham
FGR
Least disliked team from each division on 05:51 - Apr 19 with 2387 viewsIPS_wich

The first two are because my wife grew up between Newcastle and Sunderland and in her extended there are fans of both teams so I always hope (as long as it's not to the detriment of Town) that they do well.

EPL: Newcastle
Champ: Sunderland
L1: Barnsley - class set of fans at the play-off final
L2: Barrow - my best friend when I was in the UK was from there and a huge fan. I've been to many a non-league game in Essex and London with him to cheer them on. Any fans that do the miles they do deserve credit. I did not enjoy the FA Cup loss to them one bit though - my mate was not a 'class fan' that day!!!

Scotland: Hearts (been my scottish side since I was a kid and I have no recollection why - maybe because I'd never seen a team play in purple before??)
Least disliked team from each division on 06:47 - Apr 19 with 2286 viewsbluelagos

I'd go along with them

Looking oveseas I'd go with

Lens
Dortmund
Atletico Madrid
Cagliari
Brugges
Eindhoven
Sporting Lisbon

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Least disliked team from each division on 07:01 - Apr 19 with 2244 viewsTractorWood

Least disliked team from each division on 00:07 - Apr 19 by ronnyd

Can Scottish football really be classed as football?

Has to be queen of the South. Their mascot is a giant border collie and their claim to fame is that they are the only club mentioned in the bible.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Least disliked team from each division on 07:31 - Apr 19 with 2165 viewsChurchman

Good title. I can’t say I care a less about any other team but there are some clubs I detest more than others so on the basis of this thread least disliked are:

PL Newcastle
Ch Sunderland
L1 Barnsley
L2 Crewe

Until this season I would have said Leicester as this is Mrs Cs family all come from there and it’s their team, but not after this season’s nonsense and their disgraceful cheating and sense of entitlement.
[Post edited 19 Apr 7:51]
Least disliked team from each division on 07:44 - Apr 19 with 2111 viewsBlueBoots

Second tier - QPR
Third tier - Orient

Premier League - Fulham (I'm a West Londoner - don't like Chelsea)
Second tier - QPR (See above)
Third tier - Barnsley (since the Play-Off final)
Fourth tier - AFC Wimbledon (fan power success story (and provider of a fine player )

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Least disliked team from each division on 07:47 - Apr 19 with 2095 viewsPendejo

Least disliked team from each division on 23:56 - Apr 18 by BluePG

Montrose! Yes!

Look out for their results every week. Have promised myself that I’ll go and watch them one day. All stems from my father’s first Hornby train being “The Duchess of Montrose.”

But how is it pronounced?

Mon-troes
Mont-rose

Mon-Trosè
Mont-Rosè

And if QotS can lay claim to a mention in the bible, how many Scottish football teams can lay claim to also being American Heavy Rock bands?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Least disliked team from each division on 08:00 - Apr 19 with 2011 viewsPendejo

"Least disliked" could change with wind direction...

Prem - Palace (would have been a different answer 80s/90s)
Champ - Millwall (mum's team)
L1 - Charlton (dad's team)
L2 - Sutton (we have no history with them, but I did go and watch them get spanked 8-0 at Carrer Rud)

Whilst Wimbledon have a great story I can't disassociate them from Jones, Wise, Fashanu etc.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Least disliked team from each division on 08:13 - Apr 19 with 1947 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not sure I can find the time or pettiness to ‘dislike’ other clubs on a full time basis but I confess to feeling quite pleased when ‘big clubs’ lose those pesky foreigners in Europe - so I’ve rather enjoyed this week

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Least disliked team from each division on 08:16 - Apr 19 with 1936 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Second tier - QPR
Third tier - Orient

And what a run of form Doncaster are on btw!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Least disliked team from each division on 08:26 - Apr 19 with 1902 viewsEuropablue

Prem: Newcastle (my best friend supports them and I like the accent, maybe Everton because my friend supports them and I feel sorry for a team when they spend so much and actually get worse!)
Champ: Plymouth (nice green kit, I like them from last season, I also really want Sheffield Wednesday to stay up now they have Danny Rohl)
League one: Portsmouth (I really feel their pain and I like to see well supported clubs more at their natural level or may be Barnsley)
League two: Wimbledon (for their backstory, also Col U, not because I have any real fondness for them, just that they are an Essex team)

How about least liked?
Prem: West Ham (I just hate to see people in Chelmsford with West Ham kits when they should be Ipswich Fans)
Champ: Leicester (they were the team that I was willing to do well in the Prem, but they deserve a comeuppance for they way they have been run and their fans think we're lucky, I used to hate Leeds, but I think their fans are actually alright after this season, I'm also starting to hate Norwich, I used to like them and I have a good friend who is a Norwich fan but, the two games we played against them this season really put me off them)
League one: Cheltenham (or Fleetwood, I don't have a strong feeling about either, it's just because we got bad results against them or their tiny stadiums remind me of our time in League One)
League two: Forest Green Rovers (I don't like the arrogance of coming into a club and making it vegan it's almost as if the club didn't exist before the current owner came in, I don't like it when an owner moulds the club in his image, also that club also reminds me of the dark days of League One)
Least disliked team from each division on 08:30 - Apr 19 with 1891 viewsEuropablue

Least disliked team from each division on 23:17 - Apr 18 by smithy69

I dislike every team in England - barring the blues

Never understood when people have soft spots for other teams :)

I think most people have soft spots for other teams because of the people they love supporting them, the style of play they had at a certain time, or a team that is being run the right way.
I'm often looking out for the results of teams that our ex-players belong to.
I used to look out for Charlton's results, but I also resented them for picking the bones of our rotting corpse when they took Matt Holland and Darren Ambrose from us for next to nothing.
Least disliked team from each division on 08:42 - Apr 19 with 1854 viewsCrawfordsboot

Would Town feature in a similar survey carried out across other clubs? I like to think so.

I give a shout out for Port Vale. Real old school football ground where I sat amongst the locals last season for the Town visit and they were a very friendly lot.
Least disliked team from each division on 08:49 - Apr 19 with 1821 viewsjoepublic

Premier - Have to choose I'm saying Brighton

Elsewhere Barnsley - Felt like a proper old coal mining community town with down to earth honest fans. Fish and chips were great too.

Wimbledon

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Least disliked team from each division on 08:58 - Apr 19 with 1787 viewsNthQldITFC

Very similar to yours Chorley.

Would have been Newcastle until their takeover, but would go for Brighton now.

EPL: Brighton
CHA: Plymouth
Lg1: Barnsley
Lg2: Wimbledon (the proper Dons)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Least disliked team from each division on 09:15 - Apr 19 with 1732 viewsFtnfwest

Probably Luton, QPR, Cambridge (home town) and MK
Least disliked team from each division on 09:16 - Apr 19 with 1732 views_clive_baker_

Bristol Rovers.

GAS GAS GAS GAS
Least disliked team from each division on 09:20 - Apr 19 with 1711 viewsRobTheMonk

Prem - Arsenal as my Gramps was a fan. I quite like Wolves at the moment too. Lots of exciting players.

Champ - Plymouth. Used to go with my cousin when I was younger.

L1 - Oxford. Home town.

L2 - Just had a quick glance at the table and there's no team I care about.
Least disliked team from each division on 09:24 - Apr 19 with 1695 viewsjayessess

PL: Whoever is running Man City close for the title in any given year, unless it's Chelsea.
CH: Coventry - used to live round there, been through the mill but proper club.
L1: Leyton Orient - again, live local, nice club, glad they're on the up.
L2: Crewe Alexandra - always liked visiting the town, good young players and usually style of football.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Least disliked team from each division on 09:38 - Apr 19 with 1661 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Don't have one for each division but a soft spot for some...

Oldham Athletic. Dad and lots of family from there.

Bristol Rovers. My Bristol mate was a Gas from Fishponds and he died young.

Newcastle United. When I was a child I played for a team in the iconic black and white stripes.

Celtic. A 1967 thing plus their green hoops is terrific kit and they're not nasty Rangers.

Stranraer. Just always looked out for their results. Their away strip is tartan. Wow!

Stenhousemuir. Looked at their website years ago and it was really funny with them taking the mickey out of themselves.

Truro City. Knew a girl from there.

Tow Law Town. Liked the name when I was a kid and that Newcastle kit.

Arsenal. They're not Tottenham.

Tranmere. They are not Liverpool nor Everton.
[Post edited 19 Apr 17:56]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024