Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? 07:43 - Apr 23 with 2921 viewsGlasgowBlue

I know it’s still in our hands but both Leicester and Leeds winning games against teams I thought would get at least a point from them has made life rather difficult for us.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 07:55 - Apr 23 with 2076 viewstonybied

Not deflated but I do feel a tang of disappointment. Leeds and Leicester have been relentless through the majority of the season so far and it was unlikely that they were just going to wilt away at the end of the season. The one takeaway is that the majority of Leeds dropped points are from teams you would expect them to destroy. I think there is a chance that QPR could do us a favour yet.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:05 - Apr 23 with 2043 viewsTractorWood

We are still there which is a truly incredible feat.

However, I think we all know that we will look back to Norwich, Watford and Boro and say 2 points from 9 was a huge missed opportunity against clubs we a generally capable of beating on paper.
[Post edited 23 Apr 8:06]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:09 - Apr 23 with 2004 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Not coming back at you personally when I say this but I really don't understand the deflation in general this morning. We can only control what we can control and that is the 90mins against Hull, Coventry and Huddersfield to do our own jobs first. We knew after the Boro game that Leeds and Leicester were going to play a couple of games before we next kicked a ball so it was always a sit back and watch job.

The pack of cards we have been dealt with by the schedule could either be a blessing in disguise or it didn't work in our favour at all.

Lots to remain positive about. It's in our control if we do our job.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:10 - Apr 23 with 1996 viewsyorkshireblue

Not as deflated as I will be at 8:30 when my Leeds supporting colleagues start work
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:11 - Apr 23 with 1983 viewsPioneerBlue

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:05 - Apr 23 by TractorWood

However, I think we all know that we will look back to Norwich, Watford and Boro and say 2 points from 9 was a huge missed opportunity against clubs we a generally capable of beating on paper.

The primary focus really should be the games ahead of us and getting the results we need to complete this. However it is only natural to reflect (just not now) and yes they will be games where things couldn’t have made the task different. Key reason for focus ahead is we may not deliver in these games either, or Leicester/ Leeds could drop points and make our job easier than 3 wins to achieve promotion! Onwards.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:13 - Apr 23 with 1970 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nah

Despite the dream. There was pretty much a 1% chance leeds were not gonna win another game this season.

It's likely they will also win Friday. They should. If they don't then that's on them and it opens it op. But the situation is still the same. We win our games we go up.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:14 - Apr 23 with 1966 viewshomer_123

Nope. It is what it is - we should not put any stall or hope in others 'doing us a favour'.

Win our games we are up - simply, as KM and the team have done all season, focus on what we need to do, that's it.

Let others worry about everything else.
[Post edited 23 Apr 9:38]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:20 - Apr 23 with 1937 viewsNthQldITFC

Not at all. Any slip ups by either of them would be great, but I decided last week that I think that after our perfectly timed break, we will win our last three.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:26 - Apr 23 with 1891 viewshype313

Nope, we know what we have to do, it's in our hands, relying on others to falter is playing Russian Roulette, win all 3 and we're up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:33 - Apr 23 with 1835 viewsbaxterbasics

I have an appropriate level of anxiety.

Am prepared for the possibility we don’t finish top two. Really don’t want it to be via goal difference, that will be heartbreaking. As will losing in the playoffs, not that I am predicting this, I think we have what it takes to win them, providing we can break the trend with a certain bogey team.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:42 - Apr 23 with 1762 viewsRobTheMonk

We've been here before last season. This time though, we've had a two week break to get over some illness and niggles in the camp.

Players were looking tired, so hopefully a break has refreshed the legs.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:49 - Apr 23 with 1719 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep.

Leicester lucking their way through a game they should have drawn at best if WBA had taken any of the million chances they had, and Leeds fluking their way through thanks to an offside goal has made life a lot harder for us.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:50 - Apr 23 with 1705 viewsStewart27

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:09 - Apr 23 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Not coming back at you personally when I say this but I really don't understand the deflation in general this morning. We can only control what we can control and that is the 90mins against Hull, Coventry and Huddersfield to do our own jobs first. We knew after the Boro game that Leeds and Leicester were going to play a couple of games before we next kicked a ball so it was always a sit back and watch job.

The pack of cards we have been dealt with by the schedule could either be a blessing in disguise or it didn't work in our favour at all.

This is my issue though.

I don’t feel confident in us getting the results we need. Hence the reason why I wanted more security. This season has been incredible and I couldn’t be any more proud of the team. But it just feels like we’re running out of puff. I don’t see Watford or Middlesbrough as missed opportunities. We played pretty well against 2 good teams and got par results.

We’re just not as outstanding as have been most of the season.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:50 - Apr 23 with 1705 viewsOldFart71

What will be will be. One thing I would say though and I know you can't have it both ways, a break of no matches or playing it seems strange to me that this situation is allowed to arise where teams all vying for promotion have one playing no games whilst others play three. Why I say this is because the powers that be are so concerned that the last game of the season all teams are required to kick off at the same time so that no one has an advantage. Whilst results could have panned out differently we have to only go back a game or so where Leicester lost and drew a few and Leeds lost as well. Our downfall if again it pans out like that may have been defeat at Cardiff and two home draws. But as our friends from over the pond say "That's the way the cookie crumbles"
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:56 - Apr 23 with 1661 viewsnrb1985

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:05 - Apr 23 by TractorWood

To be honest, the team looked absolutely dead on their feet after that Southampton game and it showed for the three ensuing games you mention.

Could we have done more to win either of Watford or Boro games? I'm not sure given both were in good form and we looked like we were running on fumes. So I don't feel we missed those opportunities so to speak.

I think what will ultimately have "cost" us if we don't go up was that post Xmas without Hirst. Nobody's fault, just unlucky.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:56 - Apr 23 with 1657 viewsN2_Blue

No.

We can't expect to get promoted by other teams not winning anymore. We've benefits more than we could have hoped by other esults in the last few weeks to be honest. It's in our own hands, thats all we can ask for.

I was slightly defalted after each of our last 3 games but not bcause of what others do its out of our control.

I mean we've got to earn promotion not expect it to be given to us. And i'm still confident we can and additionally. i still think there will be a dropped point or two elsewhere but that said we need to go out and do what we need to do.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:57 - Apr 23 with 1653 viewsTractorCam

But Leeds lost at home to Blackburn and Leicester at Plymouth and Millwall. Whilst it's not ideal, they can still drop points. Main thing is we just win our games, we're capable of that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:09 - Apr 23 with 1599 viewsrkc123

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:09 - Apr 23 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I agree, and honestly after the 12+ months we've had I just think knowing that we need to win 3 games will galvanise the team, it will remove any ambiguity. Also I know logically we want any team around us to drop points to give us margin for error and all that, but I like the idea of Leeds fans thinking they've done it by getting ahead of us, expecting us to slip up, just for us to go and put in two huge performances and get back ahead of them before the final day.

Oh and I still have a feeling Leicester are just as likely to finish behind us as Leeds.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:12 - Apr 23 with 1564 viewsrattram

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:57 - Apr 23 by TractorCam

But Leeds lost at home to Blackburn and Leicester at Plymouth and Millwall. Whilst it's not ideal, they can still drop points. Main thing is we just win our games, we're capable of that.

I'm frustrated that WBA chose Leicester to miss 7/8 good chances and Boro gifted 2 howlers plus a clear offside, but Coventry play Hull tomorrow and a draw there would make it almost impossible for either to get top 6. So i'm still hopeful
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 1507 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:56 - Apr 23 by nrb1985

To be honest, the team looked absolutely dead on their feet after that Southampton game and it showed for the three ensuing games you mention.

Could we have done more to win either of Watford or Boro games? I'm not sure given both were in good form and we looked like we were running on fumes. So I don't feel we missed those opportunities so to speak.

I think what will ultimately have "cost" us if we don't go up was that post Xmas without Hirst. Nobody's fault, just unlucky.

There was always a feeling we were a striker short at the end of the August window and we would be in trouble if anything happened to Hirst.

In some ways we were lucky he lasted as long as he did without getting injured / suspended / losing form.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:26 - Apr 23 with 1492 viewsGuthrum

It's not like they've won and we lost.

They won but we haven't played yet.

It's an important distinction. Moreover, we have had a nice rest, maybe some of our injured players might be in a position to return, those with niggles having the risk reduced. A chance to switch off and recharge for a weekend.

People commenting on both the Leicester and Leeds games remarked upon how tired players were looking. This might be our ace in the hole.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:33 - Apr 23 with 1449 viewsbackwaywhen

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 08:50 - Apr 23 by Stewart27

This is my issue though.

I don’t feel confident in us getting the results we need. Hence the reason why I wanted more security. This season has been incredible and I couldn’t be any more proud of the team. But it just feels like we’re running out of puff. I don’t see Watford or Middlesbrough as missed opportunities. We played pretty well against 2 good teams and got par results.

We’re just not as outstanding as have been most of the season.

Surely that’s down to being jaded and tired legs , illness etc , this 2 week break we re galvanise the squad for the final furlong …….time for brave hearts and never say die once more .
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:34 - Apr 23 with 1439 viewsnrb1985

Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:24 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

There was always a feeling we were a striker short at the end of the August window and we would be in trouble if anything happened to Hirst.

In some ways we were lucky he lasted as long as he did without getting injured / suspended / losing form.

Agree - we were quite lucky that it happened so close to the Jan transfer window I guess.

Had it happened in October for example then I think we'd be scrapping for a play off place instead of where we are now.

His absence also coincided with Morsy's absurd booking and two game ban at Boro which didn't help. We surely would have taken max points from at least one of QPR or Stoke had we had him and/or Hirst available.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:46 - Apr 23 with 1365 views_clive_baker_

I fancy us to win 1 of the 2 away games and also to beat Huddersfield. I'm not sure I fancy us to win all 3 of these games tbh.

Depending on the result on Friday night 2 wins could be guaranteed to be enough, so I'm hoping for a favour from QPR, even a draw would do it.

If not then we know what we need to do at Hull.
Anyone else feeling a little bit deflated this morning? on 09:49 - Apr 23 with 1335 viewsCopfordBlue

I’m deflated by the negative, downbeat response on here to a team chasing promotion winning a game that they were odds on to win. It might even be a blessing - the apprehension, nervousness and tension at the last home games was the result of other results going for us before we played. My hope is that Leeds winning takes some of the pressure off. We’ve got no right to be where we are, we need to realise that and enjoy the next 12 days or month.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024