Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? 08:27 - Apr 23 with 2139 viewsITFCBlues

Davis the obvious one, but do we forsee interest in any other players?

I'd have said Hirst, but I think his injury will put a hold on that one.

I think we'd keep the bulk of the squad and just lose Davis myself whilst having a turnover of the fringe players.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:34 - Apr 23 with 1830 viewsRobTheMonk

Burgess has been excellent this season and left sided centre backs are a precious commodity.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:39 - Apr 23 with 1810 viewsbluelagos

Can see Omari being elsewhere and flourishing at a Premier League club if we miss out.

If we lost Leif, Burgess and Omari that would be a big chunk of our best players needing replacing, albeit with some tasty incoming transfer fees to help.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 1808 viewsnodge_blue

I think we are a team that is better than its individual parts. Whilst many of our players would attract championship interest I don't think PL clubs will be after many other than Leif.

We really need a few more drops of star dust added to our squad. Players like Hutchinson that can really frighten defences.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:43 - Apr 23 with 1794 viewsHerbivore

Could see the right kind of team being tempted by Woolf. PCBs who can read the game like him and who are comfortable on the ball like he is are not an easy commodity to find.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:45 - Apr 23 with 1784 viewsITFC_Forever

Leif is the only one that will get enough money for it to be worth our while.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 1640 viewsHighgateBlue

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:39 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Can see Omari being elsewhere and flourishing at a Premier League club if we miss out.

If we lost Leif, Burgess and Omari that would be a big chunk of our best players needing replacing, albeit with some tasty incoming transfer fees to help.

Not sure Burgess is young enough to command a particularly tasty fee, but I could be wrong.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 09:40 - Apr 23 with 1601 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Davis is the only viable one I think. If Chaplin kept up his early season form then he might have had a shot, but his second half of the season hasn’t been consistent enough (downvotes incoming). Not sure if you’d class them as a bigger club, but one of the old firm may come in for Vas?
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 09:54 - Apr 23 with 1552 viewsEuropablue

We'll cross that bridge IF we come to it. I'm more worried about how we can hold onto Hutchinson and Sarmiento if we go up.
Login to get fewer ads

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 1523 views_clive_baker_

Davis for good money.

Some of the fringe for little or no money - Ahadme, Aluko, Ball, Donacien, Ladapo. Perhaps Hladky if his contract situation isn't sorted out.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 1485 viewsmonty_radio

I think that the general consensus that, Davis excepted, we don't have a raft of players that would set larger clubs on red alert, is an unassailable tribute to what our manager has achieved.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 1482 viewsNthQldITFC

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:43 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Could see the right kind of team being tempted by Woolf. PCBs who can read the game like him and who are comfortable on the ball like he is are not an easy commodity to find.

What's a PCB? Not a printed circuit board or a para-chlorobenzine, I presume?

Is it Passing Centre Back? I can't keep up with the terminology any more. 4 & 8 used to be your central midfielders, and 6 was a centre back. Now...?

What's VAR?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 1388 viewsArnieM

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 08:43 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

LOL

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:37 - Apr 23 with 1376 viewsElderGrizzly

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 09:54 - Apr 23 by Europablue

We'll cross that bridge IF we come to it. I'm more worried about how we can hold onto Hutchinson and Sarmiento if we go up.

I'd imagine if we go up, we are the perfect place for both to continue the development for their parent clubs, as the next obvious move is to a lower-end PL club for them.

If we don't go up, we won't have a chance.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:41 - Apr 23 with 1365 viewsitfcjoe

Davis to the PL for £20m-ish, and then potentially a Broadhead or Woolfenden to a parachute club for high 7 figure fees.

Don't see anyone else moving up as other best players like Chaplin, Burns, Morsy aren't really of the age profile to do so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:42 - Apr 23 with 1350 viewsitfcjoe

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:37 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

I'd imagine if we go up, we are the perfect place for both to continue the development for their parent clubs, as the next obvious move is to a lower-end PL club for them.

If we don't go up, we won't have a chance.

Sounds like that deal is already agreed with Sarmiento judging from when the initial story was broken by the Ecuadorian journo.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:45 - Apr 23 with 1314 viewsJon_456

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 09:54 - Apr 23 by Europablue

Footballs a funny game. I wouldn’t have Sarmiento back next season even if we were in the championship.

Not a bad option from the bench but he’s so loose in possession. Of course to counter that, he has come up with some big goals for us.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:45 - Apr 23 with 1299 viewsElephantintheRoom

Brighton, Chelsea and Bournemouth might be interested in their own players - that’s about it I’d suggest. Davis is too much of a defensive liability though might interest the promoted clubs. Other than that maybe the skipper , again to a promoted club.

The only realistic target is the manager - who carries with him an almighty amount of baggage in terms of hangers on, ‘team’ call them what you will, that might have a catastrophic impact if/when he jumps ship.

Also don’t forget the ´investors’ they might not like the mirage disappearing

But don’t panic just yet. One win or three draws might still be enough to ensure a year of purgatory.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:48 - Apr 23 with 1272 viewstractorshark

Davis may go regardless of whether we go up or not.

I’d be more worried about losing McKenna.

Doesn’t sound like he’d be on the West Ham shortlist but I fear Brighton might come knocking.
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 11:03 - Apr 23 with 1218 viewsChorleyBoy

We're going up so let's talk about which Leeds, Southampton, Sheff U, Burnley, Luton or Forest player would fit in well at ITFC?
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 11:12 - Apr 23 with 1183 viewsGeoffSentence

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:45 - Apr 23 by Jon_456

Footballs a funny game. I wouldn’t have Sarmiento back next season even if we were in the championship.

Not a bad option from the bench but he’s so loose in possession. Of course to counter that, he has come up with some big goals for us.

It does seem like he's chasing a runaway ball a lot of the time. Mind you, that level of chaos sometimes throes the opposition into confusion.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 11:55 - Apr 23 with 1046 viewsHerbivore

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:35 - Apr 23 by ArnieM

LOL

Carry on the vendetta if you like. He's had a very good season and is young for a CB.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 12:01 - Apr 23 with 1011 viewsSarge

Davis

The rest may be wanted by top end Championship clubs but they’re already at one
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 12:09 - Apr 23 with 993 viewsBlueNomad

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 10:45 - Apr 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Brighton, Chelsea and Bournemouth might be interested in their own players - that’s about it I’d suggest. Davis is too much of a defensive liability though might interest the promoted clubs. Other than that maybe the skipper , again to a promoted club.

The only realistic target is the manager - who carries with him an almighty amount of baggage in terms of hangers on, ‘team’ call them what you will, that might have a catastrophic impact if/when he jumps ship.

Also don’t forget the ´investors’ they might not like the mirage disappearing

But don’t panic just yet. One win or three draws might still be enough to ensure a year of purgatory.

Why do you bother?
IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 953 viewsLeoMuff

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 12:01 - Apr 23 by Sarge

Davis

The rest may be wanted by top end Championship clubs but they’re already at one

True, but we aren’t running the same budget as the others so you could see Chaplin, Broady, Burns being swayed by a £10k per week pay rise which we can’t afford.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

IF we don't go up... Which players do we see being wanted by bigger clubs? on 13:12 - Apr 23 with 824 viewsNthQldITFC

Haven't seen many of my ignored posters names pop up in a 'Post from XxxxxxxxXxXxxXxxx ignored' recently which is good, because I suppose it means that almost everybody else has them on ignore too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024