Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A blessing in disguise? 09:53 - Apr 23 with 3187 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is this team really ready for the Prem?

Yes we’d clearly invest, but we don’t want to do a forest and buy 20+ players.

Who is really a Prem player?

Davis? Great going forwards, but suspect defensively, especially against Prem wingers.

Morsy? Outstanding at this level, but could he step up, at his age.

Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead all been hot and cold this season, can’t see them making it at the top level.

Hirst? Maybe..

Don’t see many others from our current squad (assuming Hutchison leaves).

And before you moan about negativity, I’m simply being realistic. With this season under our belts, more investment in the summer, McKenna a year wiser, the championship certainly being generally weaker…. Who knows?!

RIP Sir Bobby

A blessing in disguise? on 12:35 - Apr 23 with 716 viewsSwailsey

A debate no one asked for.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

A blessing in disguise? on 12:37 - Apr 23 with 700 viewsjayessess

Did I miss a memo where Leeds winning yesterday ended our season?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A blessing in disguise? on 12:38 - Apr 23 with 695 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A blessing in disguise? on 10:09 - Apr 23 by homer_123

Were you one of the ones that were happy to see us get relegated from the Championship?

Why on earth would you not want promotion now?

There are no guarantees that we'll get another chance like this. Who cares whether the squad is ready or not.....it never will be.

I'm not sure anyone was "happy to see us get relegated from the Championship?"

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A blessing in disguise? on 12:40 - Apr 23 with 683 viewsBlueschev

A blessing in disguise? on 12:37 - Apr 23 by jayessess

Did I miss a memo where Leeds winning yesterday ended our season?

It must be the 10th time they've secured automatic this season already.
A blessing in disguise? on 12:44 - Apr 23 with 662 viewsbackwaywhen

A blessing in disguise? on 10:21 - Apr 23 by muccletonjoe

Quote clearly, if we win those 3 games, we deserve to take our place. If we fall short and go into the next 3 games and fail again. That tells me we need to improve further before we go up.

Excellent response….nail on head , no more to be said .
A blessing in disguise? on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 635 viewsExiled2Surrey

Are Coventry, who didn't do so badly this weekend, Premier League ready? I would say they were not uncompetitive.

Now you could argue that on an individual player by player basis they have some decent strength in key positions, but they are below us in the table.

If we manage to get through the next three games, including beating those FA Cup semi-finalists, I would think we would be in good shape to cope at the next level up.
A blessing in disguise? on 12:53 - Apr 23 with 626 viewsBluedandy

How much time do you/we have left on planet earth before time's winged chariot whisks you/us off?

Suspect you're longer in the tooth than some on this board, apologies if you're a wee nipper.

Not sure we have the luxury to pick and choose when the time would be right given that since 1986 we've had just five seasons in the top flight.

Take what you can when you can and hope for the best when we get there.
A blessing in disguise? on 13:01 - Apr 23 with 600 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

A blessing in disguise? on 10:14 - Apr 23 by Wallingford_Boy

Oh so predictable responses.

No-one able to actually respond intelligently?

Yes, we aren’t out of it, but I don’t see us doing it now, just my opinion.

So who is Prem capable? Anyone able to respond to the post without slating me?

Did you not watch Coventry more than match Man Utd the other day? We would be capable of beating anyone and would get our fair share of points.

Have you not noticed we are not a team of individuals? If the league table finished based on individual quality of each teams players we'd be about 10th I'd guess. But we are not we are a team in every sense of the word and why we have punched above our weight and would also do so in the prem.

Finally, the excitement and memories of a lifetime would be at that point we got promoted if it happened, that couldn't be taken away. You would not want that feeling? Despite what might or might not happen in the league above.

Odd odd take, or once again a poster merely seeking attention.
Login to get fewer ads

A blessing in disguise? on 13:33 - Apr 23 with 531 viewsjayessess

A blessing in disguise? on 13:01 - Apr 23 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Did you not watch Coventry more than match Man Utd the other day? We would be capable of beating anyone and would get our fair share of points.

Have you not noticed we are not a team of individuals? If the league table finished based on individual quality of each teams players we'd be about 10th I'd guess. But we are not we are a team in every sense of the word and why we have punched above our weight and would also do so in the prem.

Finally, the excitement and memories of a lifetime would be at that point we got promoted if it happened, that couldn't be taken away. You would not want that feeling? Despite what might or might not happen in the league above.

Odd odd take, or once again a poster merely seeking attention.

Of course, the other thing about Coventry is that they're a walking warning that teams usually get worse when they fail to get promoted, rather than better.

A blessing in disguise? on 13:34 - Apr 23 with 528 viewsOldFart71

Trouble is if you ask a sensible question on this forum then your in for down votes. You are within your rights to question this. The three teams relegated all have Premier League players in them and whilst even they would need to add to their squad maybe they wouldn't need quite the upgrade as Town do. In no way saying I don't want them in the Prem but the last thing most fans want is to be turning up at PR seeing the team turned over every week and I guess you'd soon see a few who have come back to supporting Town disappear again.
A blessing in disguise? on 13:53 - Apr 23 with 494 viewsRyorry

A blessing in disguise? on 11:54 - Apr 23 by southnorfolkblue

Got relegated in the second year and we nearly went out of business 😉

Only because we got into Europe & Burley & the Board panicked a bit when Kachloul welshed out.

Gamechanger are more professional than that; & I think KM is more analytical than GB (absolutely not a sideswipe at Burley, who is still a legend in my eyes).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A blessing in disguise? on 13:58 - Apr 23 with 471 viewsExiled2Surrey

A blessing in disguise? on 13:33 - Apr 23 by jayessess

Of course, the other thing about Coventry is that they're a walking warning that teams usually get worse when they fail to get promoted, rather than better.

I would only partially agree

They (and Middlesborough) seemed to suffer most from the removal of their top players of last season - the players that had driven their push for the play-offs.

Having lost these two key players over the summer, they then reinvested and "went again" - and have beaten Leicester and Leeds during the course of this season.

I would argue that while it has taken a little longer than they might have hoped to get back to flying speed consistently, they are possibly a better team for it. It is their misfortune that they happen to be in a league this year which has no margin for error or slow starts.

The read across to us is less negative than you make out in my view. Yes, we would probably lose Davis, who is outstanding, but is he as irreplaceable as Gyokeres and Hamer? I think we would fill in the gaps, strengthen, and should be even better next term
A blessing in disguise? on 14:04 - Apr 23 with 460 viewscbower

What promoted side these days is 'ready for the 'Prem'? You have to take your chance when it comes along, see if you can survive to thrive. If not, take the cash and build again. Failing to go up is not a disaster but we'll likely not have a better chance anytime soon. It's certainly not a blessing in disguise imho.

bluescouser

A blessing in disguise? on 14:36 - Apr 23 with 417 viewsbazza

Davis tuenzebe Clarke wolf burns Hirst broadhead Sarmiento hutch hladky morsey and luongo Chaplin would certainly give his all, even if some from the bench , I swear some people deserved Marcus Evans, looking for negatives all the time.
[Post edited 23 Apr 14:38]
A blessing in disguise? on 14:44 - Apr 23 with 399 viewsNthQldITFC

A blessing in disguise? on 13:53 - Apr 23 by Ryorry

Only because we got into Europe & Burley & the Board panicked a bit when Kachloul welshed out.

Gamechanger are more professional than that; & I think KM is more analytical than GB (absolutely not a sideswipe at Burley, who is still a legend in my eyes).

Ah, but we went down to Hartlepool and we got Tommy Miller.

I wonder how Kachloul's hernia is?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A blessing in disguise? on 15:07 - Apr 23 with 368 viewsjayessess

A blessing in disguise? on 13:58 - Apr 23 by Exiled2Surrey

They (and Middlesborough) seemed to suffer most from the removal of their top players of last season - the players that had driven their push for the play-offs.

Having lost these two key players over the summer, they then reinvested and "went again" - and have beaten Leicester and Leeds during the course of this season.

I would argue that while it has taken a little longer than they might have hoped to get back to flying speed consistently, they are possibly a better team for it. It is their misfortune that they happen to be in a league this year which has no margin for error or slow starts.

The read across to us is less negative than you make out in my view. Yes, we would probably lose Davis, who is outstanding, but is he as irreplaceable as Gyokeres and Hamer? I think we would fill in the gaps, strengthen, and should be even better next term

If your Summer business meant you weren't a good team until 50-60% of the season was already over, with the result that you ultimately finished mid-table, then your Summer business made you a worse team in my book.

If that happened to us, it'd be hard to read that as progress.

A blessing in disguise? on 15:13 - Apr 23 with 360 viewsBlueNomad

With this negativity I assume you weren't around in 2000/01.
A blessing in disguise? on 15:17 - Apr 23 with 354 viewstractorboy1978

A blessing in disguise? on 13:58 - Apr 23 by Exiled2Surrey

Well Davis has provided 17 (seventeen) assists this season. Most of these in really tight games we have won by a solitary goal. So I wouldn't take it for granted. Also don't take for granted the quality of a couple of the loanees we have that will go back at the end of the season. McKenna is also getting a lot more than the sum of its parts out of this team right now.

It's hard for me to envisage us being on 89 points after 43 games again this time next season to be honest.
A blessing in disguise? on 15:40 - Apr 23 with 318 viewsJ2BLUE

It's such a stupid question.

We will never be Prem ready. We have a great coach and ownership who will back him.

Imagine the players seeing this. all the effort and fight they have given.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A blessing in disguise? on 15:45 - Apr 23 with 311 viewssouthnorfolkblue

A blessing in disguise? on 13:53 - Apr 23 by Ryorry

I was being slightly tongue in cheek tbf and you’re absolutely right to say that our ownership model is better geared up to cope with promotion

Poll: Our final position

A blessing in disguise? on 15:48 - Apr 23 with 303 viewsbazza

A blessing in disguise? on 15:40 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

It's such a stupid question.

We will never be Prem ready. We have a great coach and ownership who will back him.

Imagine the players seeing this. all the effort and fight they have given.

That’s all that goes through my mind when I read this sort of shiitte, imagine how motivated you’d feel when your fans are saying who will we get rid of when we are promoted, or constant negative bashing of individual performances. Moronic.
A blessing in disguise? on 15:58 - Apr 23 with 291 viewsStewart27

You’re being fairly nonchalant in the fact that you don’t think our players are up to much. To dismiss promotion because of this is absurd.

I think it’s actually really offensive against what this group of players have done this season.
A blessing in disguise? on 16:01 - Apr 23 with 285 viewsStewart27

Your original post lacked all kinds of intelligence.
A blessing in disguise? on 16:05 - Apr 23 with 278 views92_Laces

What a severely depressing outlook the OP has party pooper!
A blessing in disguise? on 16:19 - Apr 23 with 266 viewsExiled2Surrey

A blessing in disguise? on 15:07 - Apr 23 by jayessess

If your Summer business meant you weren't a good team until 50-60% of the season was already over, with the result that you ultimately finished mid-table, then your Summer business made you a worse team in my book.

If that happened to us, it'd be hard to read that as progress.

Coventry finished last season on 70 points - they are on 63 at the moment with 4 games to go. It’s not inconceivable that they will beat last years’ tally. The fact that they will struggle to make the playoffs is a function of the way the league has worked this year, but they are hardly mid-table. So they are not better, but they are not a lot worse and they have played at Wembley in the FA Cup SF despite losing those players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024