Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on 16:00 - May 22 with 35785 viewsBluebacker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:01 - May 22 with 12289 viewsAsa

There was a time that this being on the BBC would be a massive concern but given the hit and miss nature of some of their recent articles I'm not quite on full alert just yet.

It almost has the vibe of guesswork and is a bit contradictory. Suggesting McKenna and Pert want to go and there is no panic from Ipswich is somewhat at odds. I'm sure we'll have a top replacement identified and lined up, it's what Ashton does, but the no panic bit suggests we think we can keep him whilst the rest is basically saying he wants to go.
[Post edited 22 May 16:03]
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:03 - May 22 with 12138 viewsSitfcB

Fûck it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:04 - May 22 with 12072 viewsIllinoisblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:01 - May 22 by Asa

There was a time that this being on the BBC would be a massive concern but given the hit and miss nature of some of their recent articles I'm not quite on full alert just yet.

It almost has the vibe of guesswork and is a bit contradictory. Suggesting McKenna and Pert want to go and there is no panic from Ipswich is somewhat at odds. I'm sure we'll have a top replacement identified and lined up, it's what Ashton does, but the no panic bit suggests we think we can keep him whilst the rest is basically saying he wants to go.

The BBC writer is a Norwich fan. So he probably enjoyed writing the story.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:06 - May 22 with 11934 viewsNeedhamChris

I don;t think it is "at odds" - Ashton should (and I expect has) been planning for this moment for a while.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:06 - May 22 with 11900 viewsAsa

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:04 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Oh yes.

Old stolen butthole or whatever he's called.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:06 - May 22 with 11885 viewsWeirdFishes

The right time to move? We’ve just got promoted ffs!

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:07 - May 22 with 11865 viewsSmithersJones

I’m wondering whether there’s a bit of careful story-placement going on, in both this and the earlier reports of the new contract offer.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 with 11730 viewsIllinoisblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:06 - May 22 by WeirdFishes

The right time to move? We’ve just got promoted ffs!

Depressing, isn’t it. Clubs now treated as projects to work on for a couple years before bouncing off to the next project. Where’s the loyalty?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 with 11676 viewsZx1988

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:07 - May 22 by SmithersJones

I’m wondering whether there’s a bit of careful story-placement going on, in both this and the earlier reports of the new contract offer.

As well as PortmanKing's seemingly-decent knowledge of how KM's agents appear to be working with the media and their client journalists.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 with 11662 viewshenryblue

It must be all that negativity we've been showing in this forum recently that's swayed him
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 with 11656 viewsSitfcB

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Depressing, isn’t it. Clubs now treated as projects to work on for a couple years before bouncing off to the next project. Where’s the loyalty?

Really don’t want things to turn sour towards them but can’t see it going any other way now…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:09 - May 22 with 11624 viewsBseaBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:06 - May 22 by Asa

Oh yes.

Old stolen butthole or whatever he's called.

Nick Mash1tter?
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:09 - May 22 with 11577 viewsIP4_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Loyalty is rare in football
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:09 - May 22 with 11577 viewsBellevue_Blue

Very very odd that this is all playing out in the media given the relative media silence we have enjoyed since Ashton took over.

Possibly just McKenna's agents seeking to stoke the fire and increase ££ but to have a leak about the contract being offered and then another leak that you are going to reject a deal before talks have supposedly taken place feels very odd.

If this was the case surely Kieran would have just told that to Mark and then there would be no talk and no contract?

Also what does Kieran or his team gain from having this in the press? Re-assuring Brighton/ Chelsea? Making it known to other parties they are seeking to leave? Can't you just have those conversations between agents?
[Post edited 22 May 16:12]
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:10 - May 22 with 11486 viewsTrequartista

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:04 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

It's no co-incidence that of the people in football who I've seen giving an opinion on if McKenna should move on, the two who have said he should are Chris Sutton and Sam Allardyce.

Jealousy is such a powerful trait.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:11 - May 22 with 11414 viewsCaptainAhab

Nah not buying that. Norwich fan with a silly made up name writing a troll piece for the BBC innit.
Also the bit about Chelsea being leading the race seems hard to believe. I can see why he'd be tempted by Brighton and Man U obviously but Chelsea? Nah. I'd also have thought getting sacked after 3 months at Chelsea would hinder his chances of landing the Man U job which is surely his end goal.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:11 - May 22 with 11406 viewsportmanking

Written by Nick "Norwich" Mashiter. Uh huh.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:13 - May 22 with 11149 viewsNeedhamChris

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:09 - May 22 by Bellevue_Blue

Very very odd that this is all playing out in the media given the relative media silence we have enjoyed since Ashton took over.

Possibly just McKenna's agents seeking to stoke the fire and increase ££ but to have a leak about the contract being offered and then another leak that you are going to reject a deal before talks have supposedly taken place feels very odd.

If this was the case surely Kieran would have just told that to Mark and then there would be no talk and no contract?

Also what does Kieran or his team gain from having this in the press? Re-assuring Brighton/ Chelsea? Making it known to other parties they are seeking to leave? Can't you just have those conversations between agents?
[Post edited 22 May 16:12]

McKenna is not innocent from the actions of his agent. Yes agents are pushy and want their £££, but they won't act against his interests and he'll have briefed them on what he wants.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 with 11060 viewsportmanking

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:13 - May 22 by NeedhamChris

McKenna is not innocent from the actions of his agent. Yes agents are pushy and want their £££, but they won't act against his interests and he'll have briefed them on what he wants.

If you say so!
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 with 11026 viewsBellevue_Blue

Very true and very much in contrast to the Palace rumours a few months back. Supposedly he was the primary candidate but there was little to no media speculation beyond that.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 with 10996 viewsReus30

Also Ipswich doesn't leak things. This smells of Brighton and Chelsea desperation or just some flat out BS.

Enough now.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 with 11012 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:11 - May 22 by CaptainAhab

Nah not buying that. Norwich fan with a silly made up name writing a troll piece for the BBC innit.
Also the bit about Chelsea being leading the race seems hard to believe. I can see why he'd be tempted by Brighton and Man U obviously but Chelsea? Nah. I'd also have thought getting sacked after 3 months at Chelsea would hinder his chances of landing the Man U job which is surely his end goal.

Not difficult to guess where that will have come from. Heard before that the agent favours Chelsea as KMc's next club. I don't see that happening.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:16 - May 22 with 10928 viewsNeedhamChris

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 by portmanking

If you say so!

Not saying he's driving it by any means, but if he wanted to stay the approach is a bit heavy handed so far.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:16 - May 22 with 10916 viewsZx1988

It all depends on how hands-on he is in his relationship with them.

There's a big difference between saying "I want you to leverage any and all interest this Summer in order to get me a bumper new deal" and "I expect you to look out for my best interests" for example.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:16 - May 22 with 10903 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 by Bellevue_Blue

Very true and very much in contrast to the Palace rumours a few months back. Supposedly he was the primary candidate but there was little to no media speculation beyond that.

Think that actually came rather closer than we realised at the time.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024