Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on 16:00 - May 22 with 33547 viewsBluebacker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 20:32 - May 22 with 2789 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:11 - May 22 by Europablue

I wonder what the agent's motivation for pushing for Chelsea could be?

Agents often have good relationships with particular clubs.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 20:39 - May 22 with 2674 viewsitfc48

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 20:32 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Agents often have good relationships with particular clubs.

I’d imagine most agents love Chelsea given the amount of cash they’ve thrown their way over the years!
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:07 - May 22 with 2420 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 20:10 - May 22 by Herbivore

Which is mad when he's only been here two and a half years. Managers have no real reason to be loyal these days when they know they won't even get a full season if they make a shaky start.

McKenna would, here.
Not so sure at Chelsea or Man U

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:10 - May 22 with 2390 viewsOohArrPaulGoddard

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 20:39 - May 22 by itfc48

I’d imagine most agents love Chelsea given the amount of cash they’ve thrown their way over the years!

I have played football with this guy in Norwich. He is a massive Norwich fan. He always wanted take the free kicks and never scored. Nick Ballsh*iter might be a better name.

Blog: Bronze For the Price of Gold

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:20 - May 22 with 2283 viewsBuhrer

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:09 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You should have locked the tread after your post. That good enough for me Phil.👍

Not until the Brighton ticket girl sings.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:33 - May 22 with 2120 viewsChorleyBoy

My take:
KMcK is staying at Town for another year (minimum), though most likely just a year.
Ashton and the owners have known this for a while.
KMcK isn't leaving Town in the lurch, Ashton has a whole year to find a replacement for the 2025/06 season in the Premier League.
KMcK's next club is ManUre, and they are fully briefed on KMcK's plan.
Brighton was used to drum up interest in KMcK and increase his price.
Chelsea was used to further increase his stock.
KMcK can walk away from Town having taken them to the Premier and in a healthy position where we have a year to find a replacement. KMcK's commitment to ManUre is untarnished too.
Town need not panic about the season ahead from a management point of view.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:59 - May 22 with 1906 viewsIndependentlyBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:33 - May 22 by ChorleyBoy

My take:
KMcK is staying at Town for another year (minimum), though most likely just a year.
Ashton and the owners have known this for a while.
KMcK isn't leaving Town in the lurch, Ashton has a whole year to find a replacement for the 2025/06 season in the Premier League.
KMcK's next club is ManUre, and they are fully briefed on KMcK's plan.
Brighton was used to drum up interest in KMcK and increase his price.
Chelsea was used to further increase his stock.
KMcK can walk away from Town having taken them to the Premier and in a healthy position where we have a year to find a replacement. KMcK's commitment to ManUre is untarnished too.
Town need not panic about the season ahead from a management point of view.

Thank you for that. I can go to bed now, not wet myself, have a lovely sleep and make all those nasty thoughts go away. No sarcasm intended, honestly.

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 22:11 - May 22 with 1759 viewsChorleyBoy

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 21:59 - May 22 by IndependentlyBlue

Thank you for that. I can go to bed now, not wet myself, have a lovely sleep and make all those nasty thoughts go away. No sarcasm intended, honestly.

I haven't missed a wink of sleep since we beat Huddersfield and not wet my bed since we appointed Paul Jewell. Sleep well.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 23:36 - May 22 with 1531 viewsRyorry

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 19:14 - May 22 by jayessess

For me the article is very peculiar all round.

I like to think we've got a decent read over the past 2.5 years on how McKenna conducts himself in public. Even yesterday at the LMAs he was measured and diplomatic. It seems unlikely to me, even if he was desperate for any of the jobs he's been linked with that he'd send his agent out to go brief a BBC journalist that he'd be turning down all contract offers and now wants to move on. No way the McKenna we know would want any of that playing out in public.

Either McKenna's had a personality transplant or someone has gone out on a limb here, either speaking too much or deliberately trying to stir things up. That could be the agent, it could just be someone else who thinks they know what's best for KM, someone connected enough to get a motivated journalist's ear.

I get the stuff about "the tail wagging the dog" in relation to the agent-manager relationship, but sometimes you aren't 100% in control of what everyone connected to you is saying to every journalist.

Might be motivated-reasoning or denial, but honestly can't see the manager we've come to know instructing his agent along the lines of "go on, tell the press I'm out of here asap" - even if he was up for these jobs!

Quite.

It's really saddening to see so many on here in kangaroo court mode so quick to flip KM from hero to zero, on the basis of little more than silly season journalism & ridiculours rumours from "ticket office" etc. staff.

Says more about them than KM.
[Post edited 22 May 23:37]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 03:33 - May 23 with 1354 viewsZapers

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:30 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Welcome to the Premier League! I can't imagine they're happy at all. Chelsea being a massive shambles would be a strong reason for KMc to turn it down even if he was offered it, which I doubt he would be.

Every day that passes with all this speculation is damaging the club. Players especially. If he's not careful, supporters will start to turn on him.

I don't believe for one minute that he doesn't have control over his agents. Despite having a contract with the agent, a manager in his position will never let an agent decide where he goes. They might advise him, but ultimately McKenna will decide.

Time to pee, or get off the pot. Media coverage, whether it be speculative or not is starting to affect moral, i'm sure.

Personally i'm not too concerned either way. I think he's getting himself into a position where supporters might start to question his loyalty, and he might start to lose his appeal.

McKenna is not the only kid in town. We are in the premiership, We will fill the vacancy if it arises. There will be plenty of interested from top managers from around Europe, we are not alone.

No one person is bigger than this club, stay positive.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 06:06 - May 23 with 1252 viewsBuhrer

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 03:33 - May 23 by Zapers

Every day that passes with all this speculation is damaging the club. Players especially. If he's not careful, supporters will start to turn on him.

I don't believe for one minute that he doesn't have control over his agents. Despite having a contract with the agent, a manager in his position will never let an agent decide where he goes. They might advise him, but ultimately McKenna will decide.

Time to pee, or get off the pot. Media coverage, whether it be speculative or not is starting to affect moral, i'm sure.

Personally i'm not too concerned either way. I think he's getting himself into a position where supporters might start to question his loyalty, and he might start to lose his appeal.

McKenna is not the only kid in town. We are in the premiership, We will fill the vacancy if it arises. There will be plenty of interested from top managers from around Europe, we are not alone.

Or you're all being massive histrionic blubbers, led by the nose by the media and your own worry. Way too much reading and typing irrelevant opinion for someone not concerned. Youve turned on the man almost immedietely. Chill out. Give it a week. Que sera..
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:00 - May 23 with 1155 viewsHerbivore

Or you lot could all stop wetting yourselves for a bit maybe? He's an outstanding manager, he's going to be linked with other clubs. Acting like a bunch of kids because he might be tempted elsewhere (although we don't yet know whether that will be the case) and because the media are rehashing stories about him to fill their pages is just daft.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:36 - May 23 with 1071 viewsZapers

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 06:06 - May 23 by Buhrer

Or you're all being massive histrionic blubbers, led by the nose by the media and your own worry. Way too much reading and typing irrelevant opinion for someone not concerned. Youve turned on the man almost immedietely. Chill out. Give it a week. Que sera..

I've not turned on anyone. Football is big business, sentimentality has no place in the premiership.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:39 - May 23 with 1042 viewshype313

Welcome to the Premier League.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:41 - May 23 with 1014 viewsFrimleyBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:00 - May 23 by Herbivore

Or you lot could all stop wetting yourselves for a bit maybe? He's an outstanding manager, he's going to be linked with other clubs. Acting like a bunch of kids because he might be tempted elsewhere (although we don't yet know whether that will be the case) and because the media are rehashing stories about him to fill their pages is just daft.

I think every one is aware that KM would be linked with jobs, you dont win back to back promotions and not be

But his agent is driving it and this only happens if KM allows it too.

So not sure why you're so keen to make it out that it's just paper filler stuff, when it's clearly not.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:50 - May 23 with 979 viewsHerbivore

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:41 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

I think every one is aware that KM would be linked with jobs, you dont win back to back promotions and not be

But his agent is driving it and this only happens if KM allows it too.

So not sure why you're so keen to make it out that it's just paper filler stuff, when it's clearly not.

As Phil and others have suggested, KM is not happy with all the noise being created either. The genie is out of the bottle though, sadly, and this is how 24 hour news works, stories constantly getting rehashed with no new news over and over again to fill space. You should be familiar with the concept of filling space with no meaningful content just to keep things ticking over. And let's be honest, if KM's representatives had said nothing at all, the press would still be speculating because he is bound to be linked to these kinds of jobs. People are losing their heads when nothing has even happened yet.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:54 - May 23 with 942 viewsFrimleyBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:50 - May 23 by Herbivore

As Phil and others have suggested, KM is not happy with all the noise being created either. The genie is out of the bottle though, sadly, and this is how 24 hour news works, stories constantly getting rehashed with no new news over and over again to fill space. You should be familiar with the concept of filling space with no meaningful content just to keep things ticking over. And let's be honest, if KM's representatives had said nothing at all, the press would still be speculating because he is bound to be linked to these kinds of jobs. People are losing their heads when nothing has even happened yet.

Certain stories however Herbz can't be released without approval, and there;s been plenty put out there.

I am familiar you are correct, but you do post some useful content occasionally

Waka waka eh eh

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:56 - May 23 with 928 viewsBuhrer

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:36 - May 23 by Zapers

I've not turned on anyone. Football is big business, sentimentality has no place in the premiership.

What's happened? Back to back promotions. I'm a little bit sentimental about that.

Not turned? How many days holiday has Kieran had? He needs to do what right now says you? Stop being a div.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:58 - May 23 with 918 viewsHerbivore

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:54 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Certain stories however Herbz can't be released without approval, and there;s been plenty put out there.

I am familiar you are correct, but you do post some useful content occasionally

Which stories could the media not have published without KM directly consenting? Actually read the stories being published, it's constant rehashing of very little concrete information, occasionally adding a new slant here and there. The idea that KM himself is driving all this speculation is not based on a shred of evidence.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 08:01 - May 23 with 880 viewsFrimleyBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 07:58 - May 23 by Herbivore

Which stories could the media not have published without KM directly consenting? Actually read the stories being published, it's constant rehashing of very little concrete information, occasionally adding a new slant here and there. The idea that KM himself is driving all this speculation is not based on a shred of evidence.

"Which stories could the media not have published without KM directly consenting?"

I haven't said they do, I wasn't meaning approval from KM, lol. as if media needs that.

But any media stories before going to print would need to be signed off, no story is gonna be printed with 0 intel.

No one has said KM is driving the speculation either, he does however have the power to manage his own agent.

Waka waka eh eh

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 08:08 - May 23 with 858 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BBC Look East this morning saying that he's staying....so that's that then.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 08:08 - May 23 with 852 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 08:01 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

"Which stories could the media not have published without KM directly consenting?"

I haven't said they do, I wasn't meaning approval from KM, lol. as if media needs that.

But any media stories before going to print would need to be signed off, no story is gonna be printed with 0 intel.

No one has said KM is driving the speculation either, he does however have the power to manage his own agent.

I remember when the Star first broke the story about Town going into administration back in the early 2000s as I had an insider link at the time. Sheepshanks rung up and was furious - wanted to know who had told them that and informed them it wasn't true. The Star refused to reveal their sources and Town went into administration a few weeks later.

But then, it feels like the written press had more about them when it came to verifying and checking back then compared to now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 10:33 - May 23 with 688 viewsSitfcB

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 08:08 - May 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

BBC Look East this morning saying that he's staying....so that's that then.

Last night they were just reporting Mashiter’s story!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024