Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... 20:03 - Jun 5 with 12660 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He should have been armed
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:05 - Jun 5 with 4683 viewsitfcjoe

Wasn't he off duty?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:07 - Jun 5 with 4673 viewstiptreeblue

i disagree, sorry
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:13 - Jun 5 with 4645 viewsfactual_blue

An approach that's led to a massive reduction in murders in the USA.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 20:13]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:15 - Jun 5 with 4623 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:13 - Jun 5 by factual_blue

But also works rather well in Australia and Canada.

I personally see no reason why routine arming in this country should result in more police shootings.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:19 - Jun 5 with 4591 viewstiptreeblue

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:15 - Jun 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

I personally see no reason why routine arming in this country should result in more police shootings.

because you couldn`t have a bobby dancing with the kids at a concert like last night if he had a gun
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:20 - Jun 5 with 4584 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:13 - Jun 5 by factual_blue

The met should all be armed. Not a blanket for all forces but the met yes.

American police have to have guns because other people do, that's a different ball game.
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:21 - Jun 5 with 4564 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:15 - Jun 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

It wouldn't for big city forces it needs to happen in my opinion. He would have his health and possibly saved us if he could have shot him. He had a baton so don't think he was off duty.
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:22 - Jun 5 with 4552 viewsPendejo

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:05 - Jun 5 by itfcjoe

Wasn't he off duty?

I believe there were 4 Police Officers injured not sure of ratio on / off duty.

George Crosses all round I say!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:25 - Jun 5 with 4529 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:19 - Jun 5 by tiptreeblue

because you couldn`t have a bobby dancing with the kids at a concert like last night if he had a gun

Why couldn't you?

Does carrying a gun suddenly make someone not-human?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:25 - Jun 5 with 4524 viewsblue_oyster

We need an unarmed police force, out patrolling and preventing crime if we wish to attempt to become a peaceful society again.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:30 - Jun 5 with 4498 viewstcblue

Are you asking our police force to kill? I really think that's a huge thing to ask them, one they didn't sign up to.

File this in the same place as your playing PL games in the US idea
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:30 - Jun 5 with 4496 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:25 - Jun 5 by blue_oyster

We need an unarmed police force, out patrolling and preventing crime if we wish to attempt to become a peaceful society again.

If I was being attacked with a knife in Borough Market I'd want the first policeman at the scene to be able to shoot the attacker dead.
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:31 - Jun 5 with 4487 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:30 - Jun 5 by tcblue

Are you asking our police force to kill? I really think that's a huge thing to ask them, one they didn't sign up to.

OK then....
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:32 - Jun 5 with 4481 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:30 - Jun 5 by tcblue

Make it optional.

Officers can apply to carry a firearm but have to go through an interview process as to why they wish to carry one, as well as an extensive training programme of course.

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:35 - Jun 5 with 4468 viewstcblue

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:32 - Jun 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

Make it optional.

Officers can apply to carry a firearm but have to go through an interview process as to why they wish to carry one, as well as an extensive training programme of course.

We already have this.
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:35 - Jun 5 with 4468 viewsLord_Lucan

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:22 - Jun 5 by Pendejo

I believe there were 4 Police Officers injured not sure of ratio on / off duty.

George Crosses all round I say!

And a Bushwacker

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/15328605.Hero_Millwall_fan__charged__at_

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:35 - Jun 5 with 4465 viewsMJallday

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:20 - Jun 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The met should all be armed. Not a blanket for all forces but the met yes.

American police have to have guns because other people do, that's a different ball game.

whats so special about london? how would blanket arming the met that have prevented manchester? or other situations like the lee rigby one?

a blanket "give everyone guns" might be how the US operates, but over here in blighty , we work a bit different. fewer guns is a good thing. last thing we want is more on the streets.
so whilst your suggestion might work for the USA, it doesnt work here .

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:36 - Jun 5 with 4457 viewsMJallday

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:32 - Jun 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

Make it optional.

anyone who wants to carry a gun probably shouldnt be allowed one.... :)

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:37 - Jun 5 with 4445 viewstiptreeblue

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:25 - Jun 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

Why couldn't you?

Does carrying a gun suddenly make someone not-human?

no, but it makes for more chances something going wrong, sorry, i just don`t think it`s right for that to happen
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:38 - Jun 5 with 4438 viewsMullet

I actually think the government when it's formed after Thursday should put the idea to the Police to vote on across the country.

I don't feel they should be armed, it leads to escalation, accidents and in some tragic cases officers murdering people. However if those actually doing the job felt it was the right next step, then they should be listened to. It's a step that will never be reversible and so should be taken very carefully.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:40 - Jun 5 with 4430 viewsmutters

No sorry i completely disagree here. He should not have been armed, we have instant armed response teams who are availabe when needed. The British police have shown how amazing they can be during the course of recent event. Giving them guns would put barriers up with the public.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:40 - Jun 5 with 4425 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:35 - Jun 5 by tcblue

We already have this.

You know what I mean.

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:42 - Jun 5 with 4417 viewstcblue

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:40 - Jun 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

You know what I mean.

I really don't. I think you mean a tiered system where some police are armed and some aren't which I'd exactly what we've got now
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:44 - Jun 5 with 4403 viewsblue_oyster

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:30 - Jun 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If I was being attacked with a knife in Borough Market I'd want the first policeman at the scene to be able to shoot the attacker dead.

Of course. But the attack could be prevented in the first place. That's the point.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:51 - Jun 5 with 4370 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 20:36 - Jun 5 by MJallday

anyone who wants to carry a gun probably shouldnt be allowed one.... :)

What if you wanted to carry one because you do a job which has been declared a prime target for jihadists and if the situation ever arose then you'd like to have the tools to protect yourself?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024