Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? 14:30 - Nov 24 with 5999 viewsKeno

RB - Burley

LB - Mills

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:31 - Nov 24 with 5422 viewshomer_123

Cresswell

I do have a soft spot for old Gus as well.

David Wright was underrated

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:32 - Nov 24 with 5418 viewsMeadowlark

Taricco and Wilnis
on 14:33 - Nov 24 with 5406 views_

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:34 - Nov 24 with 5409 viewsKeno

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:31 - Nov 24 by homer_123

Cresswell

I do have a soft spot for old Gus as well.

David Wright was underrated

I agree about Wright

I guess someone will pop up with Treacle

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:34 - Nov 24 with 5409 viewsTrequartista

I remember watching Frank Yallop and thinking this guy is nowhere near the class of George Burley.

He'd be player of the year in the current side.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:35 - Nov 24 with 5401 viewswellhungphil

LB - Steve Staunton
RB - Denis Irwin

Edit - Oh sorry, wrong website.
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:36 - Nov 24 with 5402 viewsPJH

They were probably the last two absolutely top class fullbacks that we have had although there have been some reasonably good ones since.
As good as Burley was, in my opinion Mills is our best ever RB AND our best ever LB.
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 22:20 - Nov 24 with 5279 viewsRomeo4

Tarrico obviously. Honourable mentions should also go to Clapham, Hermann and Fab.
Login to get fewer ads

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 22:45 - Nov 24 with 5260 viewsHARRY10

on 14:33 - Nov 24 by _

Mings ?

He was all over the place

Speed certainly helped him recover at times but he had the positional sense of Stevie Wonder in a game of hide and seek
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 22:54 - Nov 24 with 5247 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 22:20 - Nov 24 by Romeo4

Tarrico obviously. Honourable mentions should also go to Clapham, Hermann and Fab.

Agree with all those, ill throw in Trevor Putney, Irvin Gernon and David Barnes too

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 23:06 - Nov 24 with 5217 viewsJ2BLUE

LB Aaron Cresswell

RB David Wright

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 23:12 - Nov 24 with 5209 viewsDiceMan

Neil Thompson

Poll: Best Sheffield Band?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 23:15 - Nov 24 with 5208 viewsRocky

Honorary mentions for Billy Houghton, Colin Harper and Mick Stockwell - all so much better than what we've had in recent years.
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 00:34 - Nov 25 with 5161 viewsParisBlue

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 14:34 - Nov 24 by Trequartista

I remember watching Frank Yallop and thinking this guy is nowhere near the class of George Burley.

He'd be player of the year in the current side.

As he was in 1987/88

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 00:50 - Nov 25 with 5143 viewshoppy

No mention of Jaime Peters? Right, that’s it.. I’m starting a petition...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 06:44 - Nov 25 with 5049 viewsHarry_Palmer

Sito. Absolute Class.
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 07:40 - Nov 25 with 5013 viewsclive_baker

Cresswell. Can’t remember the last time we had real quality at RB. Danny Simpson looked very composed, albeit a brief stint and that was 10 years ago. Shocking really.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 09:26 - Nov 25 with 4923 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 22:54 - Nov 24 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Agree with all those, ill throw in Trevor Putney, Irvin Gernon and David Barnes too

I don’t remember Putney as a FB. Wide midfield surely?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 09:28 - Nov 25 with 4918 viewschicoazul

EDIT; ignore. Headache this morning.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 9:59]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 09:57 - Nov 25 with 4883 viewsbournemouthblue

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 22:45 - Nov 24 by HARRY10

Mings ?

He was all over the place

Speed certainly helped him recover at times but he had the positional sense of Stevie Wonder in a game of hide and seek

Yards ahead of Knudsen currently

That Bournemouth move really hasn't worked out for him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 12:29 - Nov 25 with 4808 viewsbadadski

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 09:57 - Nov 25 by bournemouthblue

Yards ahead of Knudsen currently

That Bournemouth move really hasn't worked out for him

Why is chris makin not on the list. An absolute brilliant defenders defender. Consistent in almost every game. Similar to David Wright.
Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 4784 viewsSuperfrans

Stockwell
Taricco
Uhlenbeek
Clapham
Wright
Wilnis
Cresswell
Mings

We’ve had some decent fullbacks in the past 25 years or so.

I’m not even going to talk about Mills/Burley. That was when we were among the best teams in Europe.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 4784 viewsNthQldITFC

Graham Harbey...

...there's only one Graham Harbey

Or not.

Taricco and Clapham were class

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 4768 viewspositivity

carlos edwards was a bright spot in dark times

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 16:39 - Nov 25 with 4685 viewsbadadski

Who were the last really good fullbacks we had? on 12:49 - Nov 25 by positivity

carlos edwards was a bright spot in dark times

Oh my God, i forgot the great man him self, Herman. Absolute colossus of a left back. That run to set up one of Marcus' hatrick goals against saints puts him in legend category alone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024