Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant Article on Chambo 10:24 - Mar 26 with 4468 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Absolute legend. Some cracking photos in there as well.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/luke-chambers-still-has-a-vital-ipswich-town-role-t
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 10:25]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 10:58 - Mar 26 with 4034 viewsSlambo

I absolutely love him...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 12:38 - Mar 26 with 3915 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I hate it in football when a player throws themselves in front of the ball to block a shot, and the commentator says 'he put his body on the line there'...... WTF.

But when you look at what LC goes through to get out on the pitch, I think that phrase is appropriate. Hopefully not to the detriment of his long term health.

Well played Chambo lad.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 13:36 - Mar 26 with 3798 viewsTractorCam

Feel incredibly lucky to have a character like this in our team, delighted he's spending the next 2 years with us. Will be sad when he retires but hopefully remains in the club beyond that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

He's a Blue alright on 13:44 - Mar 26 with 3782 viewsDyland

So important to have this kind of presence at a football club. His shortcomings on the pitch (vastly exaggerated by some ignorant fans) are more than made up for off it.

Very pleased he signed a new deal.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 13:47 - Mar 26 with 3774 viewsSE1blue

That photo of the confrontation with Bailey at Millwall.

For a minute I thought it was a fan (it's actually Bailey) on the pitch. Mind you, the Town player on the left (can't recognise them) looks like someone pre-match in The Curve Bar.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 13:48 - Mar 26 with 3761 viewsKieran_Knows

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 13:47 - Mar 26 by SE1blue

That photo of the confrontation with Bailey at Millwall.

For a minute I thought it was a fan (it's actually Bailey) on the pitch. Mind you, the Town player on the left (can't recognise them) looks like someone pre-match in The Curve Bar.

Ryan Tunnicliffe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 13:50 - Mar 26 with 3756 viewsSE1blue

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 13:48 - Mar 26 by Kieran_Knows

Ryan Tunnicliffe.

Thanks.

Looks like a Sunday leaguer with a hangover.

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 15:28 - Mar 26 with 3654 viewsbraveblue

And the hype continues. He is not a good player!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

He's alright on 15:38 - Mar 26 with 3640 viewsDyland

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 15:28 - Mar 26 by braveblue

Point is he brings a lot more to the party. Presences like his are important at clubs like ours... especially underfunded clubs like ours. His mentoring and support of the youngsters is in itself worth (part of) his wage.

He certainly brings more to the party than you, you big donut.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 16:06 - Mar 26 with 3586 viewsTractorCam

Everybody knows that he isn't a stand out player. To say he isn't 'good' is absurd, he's the highest ever appearance maker in the championship.

The 'hype' is probably clear if you actually read the article.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Oooh, you're brave. (n/t) on 16:18 - Mar 26 with 3563 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 16:19 - Mar 26 with 3563 viewsMrTown

I really hope he builds up a good partnership with someone next year, potentially Woolfenden.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 19:56 - Mar 26 with 3403 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Didn't bother reading it did you. Let me summarise to suit your no doubt low attention span. The man is a credit to our football club and a fantastic person to have at our club. What he offers our young talented kids and the support he gives them is brilliant. He offers our club almost certainly more than any other player when you look at everything he does for us. He's not our most talented footballer. He is a good Centre Back at this level and an incredible captain. He'll do me!

I lost you didnt i. Oh well.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 20:52 - Mar 26 with 3319 viewsSE1blue

How big is his house that he has six fully grown men living in an annexe off it?

Next song for Blue Action to sing (to the tune of Yellow Submarine)

"We all live in Luke Chambers house, Luke Chambers house, Luke Chambers House"

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 21:14 - Mar 26 with 3279 viewsblueislander

Whilst I acknowledge what he has out into the club, you have to also recognize that he is a very limited footballer. I doubt whether anyone who has supported Town for more than 40 years would consider him anywhere near qualifying to be a legend..
Brilliant Article on Chambo on 21:38 - Mar 26 with 3254 viewsSE1blue

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 21:14 - Mar 26 by blueislander

Whilst I acknowledge what he has out into the club, you have to also recognize that he is a very limited footballer. I doubt whether anyone who has supported Town for more than 40 years would consider him anywhere near qualifying to be a legend..

I think the term legend is banded about too easily nowadays and don't want us to become like Norwich, handing out this moniker to anyone.

However, whilst 'legends' usually arise during spells of excellent football by a team...Wark, Beattie, Mariner, SBR, Sir Alf etc, I think its important to recognise what Chambers has done for the club in some of its darkest days.

It is very evident from what others at the club say that he has kept us together in difficult times. You've not heard him moan about it, you've not seen him throw in the towel. One of the comments I liked the most in the article was Chambers comment that he always wants more to be heard about what players to do on the pitch than off it.

We've had some woeful, arrogant, pee-and-wage-taking players in recent years, coupled with some terrible managers and Chambers has kept the house in order by the sound of things.

Does that make him a legend? I'm not sure, but it certainly should earn him a welcome at PR anytime in the future.

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 21:48 - Mar 26 with 3235 viewstextbackup

i'll be honest, when the word legend is chucked around when ncfc name a legends team for example, or someone like Hoolahan, many many people on here are quick to say

"legend, never won a thing with that club, shows how tinpot they are"

and now we use that term in exactly the same way for one of ours.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 22:56 - Mar 26 with 3135 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 21:48 - Mar 26 by textbackup

i'll be honest, when the word legend is chucked around when ncfc name a legends team for example, or someone like Hoolahan, many many people on here are quick to say

Hoolahan is definitely deserving of the term legend. Just as Chambers is for what he has done for this club off the pitch.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 23:00 - Mar 26 with 3128 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I don't understand what how long you have been a supporter has to do with that. It doesn't mean that I or anyone else can't acknowledge that Chambers isn't anywhere close to the standard of Wark, Beattie, Muhren etc.

However, for what he has done for this club on and off the pitch for the last 300 and whatever games, he deserves that term for me. Never once hid, has played with broken bones and been a brilliant representative of Ipswich Town. Not many players join a club and embody the values like he has.

Legend

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 23:12 - Mar 26 with 3111 viewsMelford

He'll definitely stay on as a coach, I'd love to see Chambers and Skuse strike up a partnership like Mowbray and Venus did, take over the reins after Lambert.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 23:14 - Mar 26 with 3105 viewssyntaxerror

Any of the true legends (for example Mariner, Wark or The Beat) would not last a season with the Ipswich of today. They would be sold on like Kieron Dyer as soon as they got real value.
Even in the premier league era, perhaps only Marcus, Matt and maybe Hermann would be considered club legends. And they played in our best finishing premier league team.

But for where we are now, and have been for many years, Chambers is the pick of the bunch. Wherever we are in 10 or 20 years, he will be remembered for everything he has done for us at a fairly low point in the clubs existence. As the stand out member of the team right now (for the reasons in the linked article), surely that makes him worthy.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 23:15]
Brilliant Article on Chambo on 23:40 - Mar 26 with 3067 viewsMelford

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 23:14 - Mar 26 by syntaxerror

Any of the true legends (for example Mariner, Wark or The Beat) would not last a season with the Ipswich of today. They would be sold on like Kieron Dyer as soon as they got real value.
Even in the premier league era, perhaps only Marcus, Matt and maybe Hermann would be considered club legends. And they played in our best finishing premier league team.

But for where we are now, and have been for many years, Chambers is the pick of the bunch. Wherever we are in 10 or 20 years, he will be remembered for everything he has done for us at a fairly low point in the clubs existence. As the stand out member of the team right now (for the reasons in the linked article), surely that makes him worthy.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 23:15]

We wouldn't have even got the likes of Wark, Brazil and Burley anywhere near Ipswich in the first place nowadays, we must have had a decent scouting system in Scotland at the time. They all came down as kids and made their league debuts with Ipswich. Now every youth team game is filmed,there's armies of scouts and analysts working for big clubs and they hoover up all the young talent, the likes of Man City and Chelsea who have a million players out on loan.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 07:39 - Mar 27 with 2935 viewsSaleAway

the photo of him and Teddy Bishop at Blackpool - how young was Teddy? Looks about 12!

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 08:25 - Mar 27 with 2899 viewsitfcjoe

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 21:48 - Mar 26 by textbackup

For me he is a 'legend' in the way he has been a great servant for the club like a Micky Stockwell rather than because he was an absolute top player like your Warky or Beattie is.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 09:34 - Mar 27 with 2827 viewstextbackup

Brilliant Article on Chambo on 08:25 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

For me he is a 'legend' in the way he has been a great servant for the club like a Micky Stockwell rather than because he was an absolute top player like your Warky or Beattie is.

I completely agree with that, and certainly not saying LC isn’t that in my eyes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024