Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? 22:48 - Nov 5 with 2429 viewsmuncer

Some players seem to go through their careers with a certain label, or attribute (positive or negative) that is always referred to when they are talked about, either by a pundit or fans. I have seen plenty of people constantly refer to Jackson as having electric pace recently.

Wondered whether I was the only one who feels as though Jackson has been living off this attribute, but he’s actually not as fast as people think he is?

Much like Robbie Savage being thought of as a dirty player but only actually getting sent off once in his career.

There are very few times that I have seen him actually leave defenders for dead, especially for a player considered as lightening quick. You would expect him to be making many more runs beyond the defence and using his pace to get himself through on goal.

I suppose there is some argument that our midfield never find him in space and leave him too isolated!
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 22:50 - Nov 5 with 2409 viewsPinewoodblue

He is no Kiwomya

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 22:59 - Nov 5 with 2388 viewsmattrolow

Maybe it’s just a ploy to trick the opposition, they think he’s quick so put their quickest defender on him, freeing up all of our other rapid players to take advantage.

Kevin Nolan used to get his club to list his stats online has three inches shorter than he was, so he would get a smaller marker from set-pieces.
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 23:08 - Nov 5 with 2354 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure he's ever been known as lightning quick. What you get from him is a willing runner who'll chase lost causes all day long. That's worth a lot.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 07:30 - Nov 6 with 2188 viewsArnieM

I don’t think Jackson is as fast as HE thinks he is.

I remember when he came he he actually said ,” my biggest attribute is my speed “ .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 07:34 - Nov 6 with 2173 viewsHerbivore

He is very quick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 07:42 - Nov 6 with 2164 viewsSteve_M

No, Jackson is quick. That's why defenders panic when he starts closing them down. If you want to look for weaknesses then look a t his first touch.

Savage may only have been sent off once in his career but he got dozens of others sent off because he was a cheating co ont. HE absolutely bottled it at PR too for the game after he got Sereni sent off.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 07:51 - Nov 6 with 2141 viewsBluefish

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 07:42 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

No, Jackson is quick. That's why defenders panic when he starts closing them down. If you want to look for weaknesses then look a t his first touch.

Savage may only have been sent off once in his career but he got dozens of others sent off because he was a cheating co ont. HE absolutely bottled it at PR too for the game after he got Sereni sent off.

If you say the same about Edwards you will get a new
posse of posters that reply to everything that you post on every subject desperately trying to disagree with it. Like a little army of Trumps

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 08:08 - Nov 6 with 2124 viewsTractorJack

It's unusual that a player so quick never takes defenders on. He hardly ever runs with the ball. Danny Haynes was more pace than technical ability but at least he had a go.
Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 08:40 - Nov 6 with 2078 viewsIpswichKnight

And at the game where he got Sereni sent off he wouldn’t come within throwing distance of the Town end.
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:08 - Nov 6 with 2045 viewsSteve_M

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 07:51 - Nov 6 by Bluefish

If you say the same about Edwards you will get a new
posse of posters that reply to everything that you post on every subject desperately trying to disagree with it. Like a little army of Trumps

Jackson is still effective even with a crap first touch because of his other attributes and so is Edwards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:18 - Nov 6 with 2011 viewsBluefish

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:08 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

Jackson is still effective even with a crap first touch because of his other attributes and so is Edwards.

Funny enough effective is also the same way I have described Edwards. Funny how these things are OK to say by others

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:21 - Nov 6 with 2015 viewstextbackup

if only he managed to use that speed to run around the defender, as opposed to into his back every single time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:23 - Nov 6 with 2007 viewstextbackup

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:18 - Nov 6 by Bluefish

Funny enough effective is also the same way I have described Edwards. Funny how these things are OK to say by others

maybe because not every single post he's made is slating the same player? probably makes yours more of a circus than a sensible football chat

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:34 - Nov 6 with 1977 viewsBluefish

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:23 - Nov 6 by textbackup

maybe because not every single post he's made is slating the same player? probably makes yours more of a circus than a sensible football chat

He is no Jordan Spence though

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 09:52 - Nov 6 with 1963 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I was well known as 'The Whippet' during my time plying my trade in the Treadfirst Halstead League on a Sunday, often coming at full time just as clean as when I set out due to having had no tackles to actually make.

My opinion is no, he is not quick and furthermore I think I would keep up with now despite being a lot older.
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 10:37 - Nov 6 with 1922 viewsmonty_radio

Having that bit of extra pace plus instant control turns you into a special footballer. Jackson, Haynes, Kiwomya, and for those whose memories go far enough back, Joe Broadfoot, have all been quick, but none has had both attributes in abundance.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 11:19]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 11:06 - Nov 6 with 1894 viewsMullet

Yep. There's also that Brum Derby where he does a Shakespearean job of playing the wounded victim and Dublin looks like he's going to wait for him outside.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 11:09 - Nov 6 with 1888 viewsEireannach_gorm

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 22:50 - Nov 5 by Pinewoodblue

He is no Kiwomya

more Darren Currie.
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 11:11 - Nov 6 with 1886 viewsclive_baker

He's always struck me as being quick. I can't recall a striker we've had with his pace since Darren Bent tbh. Maybe Danny Haynes at a push.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 12:31 - Nov 6 with 1803 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 11:11 - Nov 6 by clive_baker

He's always struck me as being quick. I can't recall a striker we've had with his pace since Darren Bent tbh. Maybe Danny Haynes at a push.

Indeed. The idea that he's not actually quick is utterly bizarre.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 12:42 - Nov 6 with 1793 viewsitfcjoe

He is so quick, sprinter fast.

You don't get many opportunities to just outrun people in the modern game but you often see with his pressing how much quicker he is than his team mates

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 13:27 - Nov 6 with 1749 viewsPortman_Pie

He may be quick, but it would also help if he was decent at playing football... which he’s not..
Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 13:31 - Nov 6 with 1743 viewsStokieBlue

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 13:27 - Nov 6 by Portman_Pie

He may be quick, but it would also help if he was decent at playing football... which he’s not..

Yet the majority of evidence supports the opposite conclusion. Two clubs from a higher division were interested in him over the summer as well.

Can you elaborate on why you think he's not decent at "playing football"?

SB
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 13:31]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kayden Jackson - lightening quick? on 13:47 - Nov 6 with 1727 viewslazyblue

To be fair to him he got a few goals last season from rebounds when he was much quicker off the mark than the defenders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024