Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monday morning checkin 08:15 - Feb 8 with 3010 viewsbluelagos

Pinched from Keno...

How we all doing/fèeling/coping today guys?

Bottom line, we are all a week closer to normality whenever that may be :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Monday morning checkin on 08:27 - Feb 8 with 1222 viewsSteve_M

Morning Lagos. Well a win for ITFC on Saturday and England in a good position in this Test match makes for a decent weekend.

I'm finding Sunday evenings a bit rubbish at the moment, think it's the sense of the weekend being over without having done anything. The odd quiet weekend is nice but it's been two months since I've gone anywhere now! A glass of wine and starting a new book helped yesterday.

Going to be a cold week though, at least it's getting noticeably lighter as the days get longer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Monday morning checkin on 08:38 - Feb 8 with 1197 viewsStokieBlue

Nice thread BL :).

All good, quite nice to see a little white from the window whilst working. Had time to plan and make 3 nice dishes last week. Normally only get to do that once on a weekend so that's been a positive from the WFH at least.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Monday morning checkin on 09:17 - Feb 8 with 1169 viewsIpswichKnight

Morning BL

We booked a week in a cottage in Northumberland for late July and now feels like we’ve got something to look forward to in the summer ( obviously we know we might have to cancel it if things go wrong again).

Had my morning walk in the snow flurries it was rather nice actually.

Ipswich winning and the cricket going well makes for a nice start to the week.
Monday morning checkin on 09:21 - Feb 8 with 1156 viewsbluelagos

Monday morning checkin on 08:27 - Feb 8 by Steve_M

Morning Lagos. Well a win for ITFC on Saturday and England in a good position in this Test match makes for a decent weekend.

I'm finding Sunday evenings a bit rubbish at the moment, think it's the sense of the weekend being over without having done anything. The odd quiet weekend is nice but it's been two months since I've gone anywhere now! A glass of wine and starting a new book helped yesterday.

Going to be a cold week though, at least it's getting noticeably lighter as the days get longer.

It's tough, but we'll get there :-)

Monday morning checkin on 09:22 - Feb 8 with 1150 viewsbluelagos

Monday morning checkin on 08:38 - Feb 8 by StokieBlue

Nice thread BL :).

All good, quite nice to see a little white from the window whilst working. Had time to plan and make 3 nice dishes last week. Normally only get to do that once on a weekend so that's been a positive from the WFH at least.

SB

Time for home made cooking, definite upside :-)

Monday morning checkin on 09:26 - Feb 8 with 1141 viewsbluelagos

Monday morning checkin on 09:17 - Feb 8 by IpswichKnight

Morning BL

We booked a week in a cottage in Northumberland for late July and now feels like we’ve got something to look forward to in the summer ( obviously we know we might have to cancel it if things go wrong again).

Having a break to look forward to, what keeps me going most winters :-)

Going to kick myself up the arse and get to the local shop. 40 mins walk on a clear day...if have not posted by evening, send out a search party.

Monday morning checkin on 09:31 - Feb 8 with 1133 viewsFixed_It

Morning. I'm waiting for an email today to tell me if I have bern successful in the London Marathon ballot. The chances are I won't be, but if successful that will give me the motivation I need to crack on with the conditioning exercises my Physio recommended to avoid the injuries I keep picking up. It will also get me out there in all weathers. I love it when I'm out but sometimes it is a real test of mind-over-matter to get going.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Monday morning checkin on 09:34 - Feb 8 with 1127 viewsKeno

Morning Laggy!!

I'm good although Sussex appears to be struggling with the onset a new ice age.

and you can pinch my bottom line anytime

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Monday morning checkin on 09:45 - Feb 8 with 1116 viewsfactual_blue

All good here thanks. Some slight satisfaction from the fact that even if the planned holiday hadn't been cancelled, we wouldn't have dodged this weather - we'd have been departing next weekend.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Monday morning checkin on 10:03 - Feb 8 with 1068 viewsMookamoo

Positives are Mother (74) and Stepfather (77) had their first jabs over the weekend. They have been running a bit behind in the Diss area.

Negatives are I've just found out an old business acquaintance has become another pandemic stat. That is the third client I have the somewhat grim task of archiving their work. I have worked with a fair few clients over the years, so it has to be expected.

Other than that we are all fine. Enough food etc to last until the roads clear so we don't have to venture out. Went for a long walk this morning and it was stunning. When it snowed you could see the individual snow flakes.
Monday morning checkin on 10:07 - Feb 8 with 1055 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Monday morning checkin on 09:45 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

All good here thanks. Some slight satisfaction from the fact that even if the planned holiday hadn't been cancelled, we wouldn't have dodged this weather - we'd have been departing next weekend.

Where are you Facters?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Monday morning checkin on 10:10 - Feb 8 with 1046 viewsfactual_blue

Monday morning checkin on 10:07 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Where are you Facters?

With you in Penge.

Monday morning checkin on 10:12 - Feb 8 with 1042 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Monday morning checkin on 10:10 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

With you in Penge.

Gahhhhhhh.

Does anyone know where Facters lives? I want to find a sh!thole nearby so I can pretend he lives there instead!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Monday morning checkin on 10:20 - Feb 8 with 1028 viewsfactual_blue

Monday morning checkin on 10:12 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Gahhhhhhh.

Does anyone know where Facters lives? I want to find a sh!thole nearby so I can pretend he lives there instead!

I live near Bury St Edmunds, so good luck.

#itsnopenge

Monday morning checkin on 10:21 - Feb 8 with 1028 viewsNewcyBlue

Monday morning checkin on 09:17 - Feb 8 by IpswichKnight

Morning BL

If you need to know places to go and things to do drop me a PM.

There’s a Town fan that owns a shop in Haltwhistle by the way. He’s a damned nice bloke and worth a chat.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Monday morning checkin on 10:32 - Feb 8 with 1007 viewsclive_baker

Morning BL,

I'm OK thanks, feck loads of snow around here so I enjoyed crunching through it with the dog first thing, was a lovely start to the day to get out and enjoy nature. I have the distraction of work now though, which is less fun. Bit done with it all if truth be known, the monotony, the lack of social interaction and general disengagement I've felt of late. I think I probably needed a new challenge anyway having been here a while, couple that with the covid situation and general realisation that the work is so unimportant relative to those people doing real jobs, and it's hard to get myself going.

I definitely feel like I'm not doing a great job at the moment, but then I lack the motivation to do a better one, which isn't a great cycle. I'm still getting some positive feedback (not sure how) but don't feel like I deserve it. I've always put a lot of pressure on myself work wise, I've been told I need to care a bit less, but I'm not one to coast, it doesn't sit well on my conscience. If I ever felt like I wasn't well thought of at work I would leave, and would hate to feel like that's the case.

I'm incredibly grateful for all I have outside of that though, and just having an income is also something I should be grateful for. Generally speaking life is good, I must say. We should go easy on ourselves. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself innit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Monday morning checkin on 10:35 - Feb 8 with 997 viewsclive_baker

Monday morning checkin on 10:12 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Gahhhhhhh.

When he says 'near Bury St Edmunds' he's probably like those in Mitcham that say they live 'near Wimbledon village'.

He's probably in some sh1t tip like Ixworth.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Monday morning checkin on 10:36 - Feb 8 with 991 viewsbluelagos

Monday morning checkin on 10:32 - Feb 8 by clive_baker

Morning BL,

I'm OK thanks, feck loads of snow around here so I enjoyed crunching through it with the dog first thing, was a lovely start to the day to get out and enjoy nature. I have the distraction of work now though, which is less fun. Bit done with it all if truth be known, the monotony, the lack of social interaction and general disengagement I've felt of late. I think I probably needed a new challenge anyway having been here a while, couple that with the covid situation and general realisation that the work is so unimportant relative to those people doing real jobs, and it's hard to get myself going.

I definitely feel like I'm not doing a great job at the moment, but then I lack the motivation to do a better one, which isn't a great cycle. I'm still getting some positive feedback (not sure how) but don't feel like I deserve it. I've always put a lot of pressure on myself work wise, I've been told I need to care a bit less, but I'm not one to coast, it doesn't sit well on my conscience. If I ever felt like I wasn't well thought of at work I would leave, and would hate to feel like that's the case.

I'm incredibly grateful for all I have outside of that though, and just having an income is also something I should be grateful for. Generally speaking life is good, I must say. We should go easy on ourselves. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself innit.

Some sensible words there.

Yep, we are not in competition with anyone - despite what society expects of us.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jan/06/happiness-index-wellbeing-survey-u

Monday morning checkin on 10:36 - Feb 8 with 985 viewsSitfcB

Monday morning checkin on 10:20 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

I live near Bury St Edmunds, so good luck.

#itsnopenge

Ixworth isn’t it?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Monday morning checkin on 10:37 - Feb 8 with 983 viewsfooters

Morning all, hope everyone's well

Nice relaxing morning here at footers HQ. Been working a little over the weekend so have done most of my tasks for today already. The rest of my team have been asked not to disturb me ahead of a presentation tomorrow so all's I've got to do today is put me feet up, drink tea and read. Nice work if you can get it!

Aside from that I've been out and about for an early morning stroll doing my best Bambi on ice impression and will attempt to get in the Post Office later if the queue isn't too large. Life in the fast lane.

And inspired by jeera's thread I'll make an effort to feed the birds as well. Although there are many more rats than blue tits in this part of the world.

Stay safe and warm, peeps!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Monday morning checkin on 10:39 - Feb 8 with 977 viewsbluelagos

Monday morning checkin on 10:36 - Feb 8 by SitfcB

Ixworth isn’t it?

IwworthBlue and Factors haven't been seen on the same thread...

Monday morning checkin on 10:45 - Feb 8 with 955 viewsfactual_blue

Monday morning checkin on 10:36 - Feb 8 by SitfcB

Ixworth isn’t it?

Yes. Nearest mediocre place would be Ipswich.

Monday morning checkin on 10:47 - Feb 8 with 951 viewsfooters

Monday morning checkin on 10:45 - Feb 8 by factual_blue

Yes. Nearest mediocre place would be Ipswich.

Any recent trips to the BSE recycling centre, facterz? Your tales from the tip never fail to inspire.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Monday morning checkin on 10:53 - Feb 8 with 946 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A lovely 2 hour walk in the snowy woods with the hound early(ish)this morning has put me in a decent frame of mind.
The downside is that there will not be any gardens to tend after the generous snow covering these last 24 hours.
Another long walk with the dog planned for this afternoon though so can't complain too much, and attempting to cook a jambalaya this evening which will be interesting.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Monday morning checkin on 10:57 - Feb 8 with 937 viewshatch

I got engaged yesterday afternoon in the snow so life's pretty good over here.

Was a tactical decision to brighten up our lockdown.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024