Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did you want Lambert out? 20:39 - Feb 19 with 4956 viewsMattinLondon

For me, I gave him the benefit of the doubt time after time and I fell for his PR (I’m not the only one). But I think I wanted him gone seven last season was curtailed.

Was wondering when everyone else wanted him gone.

Try not to brag that you saw through him quite early - we have Bluefish for that.
When did you want Lambert out? on 20:42 - Feb 19 with 3055 viewsDubtractor

I wanted him gone when we gave him the 5 years (not months!) contract. His time was clearly up at that point and we gave him that contract. Amazing.

A year of almost entirely crap football later, and somehow he's still here.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 21:16]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:44 - Feb 19 with 3045 viewsChiefXL

Swindon at home this year

Yeah, I know...
When did you want Lambert out? on 20:45 - Feb 19 with 3037 viewsbelgablue

The moment he joined. Had been a horrific manager for years and should never have found another job at a reputable level.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:45 - Feb 19 with 3032 viewspointofblue

Prior to Wycombe away on New Year’s Day 2020. Instead we gave him a five year contract.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:48 - Feb 19 with 3021 viewsCornishMariner

Ironically it was the Oxford game last year that was the final straw for me. I was prepared to see what happened this year but the wheels soon came off. Time and time again he has lost us games with inept tactics and the inability to change these during matches. The recent things coming about how he mismanages players is just embarrassing.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:48 - Feb 19 with 3009 viewsthebooks

When we got relegated. Form worse than Hurst’s and the Everything’s Gonna be Alright nonsense got on my nerves.
When did you want Lambert out? on 20:50 - Feb 19 with 2998 viewsFixed_It

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:42 - Feb 19 by Dubtractor

I wanted him gone when we gave him the 5 years (not months!) contract. His time was clearly up at that point and we gave him that contract. Amazing.

Luckily the 5 months is up. Maybe that's where Marcus went wrong...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:52 - Feb 19 with 2992 viewsMattinLondon

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:44 - Feb 19 by ChiefXL

Yeah, I know...

I don’t think that there is any shame in not wanting a manager to be sacked. But unfortunately, sometimes it happens - more so with Evans being the owner.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 20:54]
Login to get fewer ads

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:52 - Feb 19 with 2992 viewsPJH

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:50 - Feb 19 by Fixed_It

Luckily the 5 months is up. Maybe that's where Marcus went wrong...

Maybe that is why PL is unhappy, he has not been paid since last May.
When did you want Lambert out? on 20:53 - Feb 19 with 2981 viewsBluedanW

December 2019
When did you want Lambert out? on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 2964 viewsMelford

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:42 - Feb 19 by Dubtractor

With everything that went on in 2020 I still think the weirdest thing than happened all that year was that contract.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:57 - Feb 19 with 2945 viewsGuthrum

I allowed Lambert some leeway after the relegation and we did start well the following season. What turned it for me was the 0-0 at Wimbledon, following on from the string of losses in late Jan/early Feb. It was just so feeble, against a team in 20th place. Then cemented by the further losses from Oxford to the premature end of the season.

I gave him a bit of a chance this season, but that was quickly blown away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:57 - Feb 19 with 2947 viewsWD19

The moment that sticks most in the memory is standing in the car park at Adams Park and discovering he had been given a contract extension. It was that point I realised that I didn’t want him to be here anymore. I had already formed the view he didn’t want to be here either, so extending the misery seemed futile.
When did you want Lambert out? on 20:58 - Feb 19 with 2928 viewsBlueBadger

March 2019.
He'd gotten us relegated in feeble fashion and his 'free hit' where he could have been building for the following season was being obviously wasted by playing hapless loanees and endless dicking about with formations and styles.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:58 - Feb 19 with 2935 viewsSteve_M

Just about the time Evans gave him a five year contract(!). Lincoln away last season was an end of manager performance, or really should have been. Given he was here at the start of this season he got another chance, that lasted until November for me when it was clear we were starting to struggle.

I think Lambert should have done more in get relegation season but maintain my view at the time that the damage was done by Hurst in the transfer window.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 21:58]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:59 - Feb 19 with 2913 viewsBlueBadger

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:52 - Feb 19 by PJH

Maybe that is why PL is unhappy, he has not been paid since last May.

in all fairness, he's done nothing to justify getting paid since.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

When did you want Lambert out? on 21:01 - Feb 19 with 2897 viewsBlueBadger

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:58 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

Just about the time Evans gave him a five year contract(!). Lincoln away last season was an end of manager performance, or really should have been. Given he was here at the start of this season he got another chance, that lasted until November for me when it was clear we were starting to struggle.

I think Lambert should have done more in get relegation season but maintain my view at the time that the damage was done by Hurst in the transfer window.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 21:58]

There's no doubt he had a bad hand dealt him, but he still played it appallingly.

When did you want Lambert out? on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 2892 viewsFPL_Tractor

It’s been a slow drift but I think I gave up on him after the Hull/Charlton double header. But he was very lucky the summer came early.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

When did you want Lambert out? on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 2877 viewsistanblue

Same as you. I don't tend to like sacking managers mid-season and as PR Paul was still in his first full season I wanted to give him the opportunity to see it through despite the fact we were on the slide. But as soon as the season was finished early and we ended up 11th I wanted him gone. No ITFC manager should be able to survive an 11th placed finish in the third tier of English football (no matter if it's on PPG or not). This season was always a waste of time imo whilst Lambert was here.
When did you want Lambert out? on 21:08 - Feb 19 with 2870 viewsGuthrum

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:54 - Feb 19 by Melford

With everything that went on in 2020 I still think the weirdest thing than happened all that year was that contract.

Certainly the most inexplicable.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When did you want Lambert out? on 21:17 - Feb 19 with 2846 viewsSuperblue95

The day he was appointed

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I really liked Lambert on 21:19 - Feb 19 with 2849 viewsScottCandage

I thought he was a breath of fresh air. He GOT us. But at the end of the day, our "friends" up north were right. As time goes on, you see his flaws. And now his flaws are swallowing whatever good he brought to the club.

Paul, I really wanted it to work, for you and for us. But it's not. It's time to go.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 21:20]
When did you want Lambert out? on 21:31 - Feb 19 with 2786 viewsBasingstokeBlue

When did you want Lambert out? on 20:44 - Feb 19 by ChiefXL

Yeah, I know...

Same here.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

When did you want Lambert out? on 21:38 - Feb 19 with 2770 viewsitfcjoe

From a few weeks before he got the 5 year deal.

I gave him the free hit, I think he did enough in relegation just around the place a d proud of how club reacted to it and think that is what drive our great start....but once form turned you could tell he was a busted flush and couldn’t turn it round

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When did you want Lambert out? on 21:42 - Feb 19 with 2751 viewsPhilTWTD

From the moment it was posted as a rumour he was in the frame on here. Ruined my birthday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024