Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town 21:57 - Feb 24 with 8567 viewsMrTown

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:09 - Feb 24 with 5222 viewssyntaxerror

wow
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 5130 viewschrismakin

There's a lot wrong there

But also, Im shocked he expected a club to find out how an u18 released player is doing who's agent forced a move to colchester, the coaches just don't have the time for this with the volume of constant footballers in and out of the set up.

There is a lack of welfare there obviously, and he doesn't mention the clubs welfare officer... did he raise the points to them etc?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 5120 viewsJ2BLUE

And we wonder why there is so little loyalty in football...

I feel for him. I'd be interested to know if this is common (I think he suggests it is) or whether it's an Ipswich thing down to not employing people such as a welfare officer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 5064 viewsWD19

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:09 - Feb 24 by syntaxerror

wow

Classy from the club to still have him on the website when he was clearly forgotten about long ago and signed for another club last November.

I take all of this things with a pinch of salt, but there is clearly some serious Town crapness in play here. Again.
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:18 - Feb 24 with 5055 viewsQuilterstown

Duty of care? Appalling. If that is typical it needs rooting out immediately.
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:19 - Feb 24 with 4999 viewschrismakin

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:15 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

I feel for him. I'd be interested to know if this is common (I think he suggests it is) or whether it's an Ipswich thing down to not employing people such as a welfare officer.

We have Alex Grindrod who is in charge of academy player welfare

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:22 - Feb 24 with 4960 viewshatch

It’s the first negative I’ve heard of our academy and the work Bryan Klug does so will also take it with a pinch of salt but no smoke without fire so clearly a little more welfare concern could be taken for those that are on the fringes (as I suspect those destined for bigger things get given more attention)
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:22 - Feb 24 with 4953 viewschrismakin

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:17 - Feb 24 by WD19

Classy from the club to still have him on the website when he was clearly forgotten about long ago and signed for another club last November.

I take all of this things with a pinch of salt, but there is clearly some serious Town crapness in play here. Again.

There's clearly some issues there, something must have happend as according to his profile he was u18 leading goalscorer before going to Colchester so we must have rated him to give him so much game time.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 22:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 4726 viewsBluefish

I do get annoyed though when you hear bitterness from anyone involved in academies. Football is a horrendous business fueled by greed. The greed is by clubs but also by parents willing to sell their kids childhood chasing the money. I told lots of parents to stay well away from it but if you are going down that route make sure you are supporting your child properly every single step of the way. Domt get spat out and then complain, it is a ruthless cold world

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:36 - Feb 24 with 4705 viewsPlums

That’s probably the worst thing I’ve heard about Town this year and the bar is pretty low! Absolutely shocking that a young man in our care can get this low and not be on the radar.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:42 - Feb 24 with 4625 viewsDublinBlue84

So basically he saying that the Under 18 coaching staff at the time treated him very poorly and didn't care for his welfare, whoever these coaches were?

Bit unfair to tar the whole academy with the same brush.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 22:44]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:44 - Feb 24 with 4580 viewsHorseboy

Product, the headline in this post sums it up TBH, these youngsters are human beings not products!
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 4561 viewsMeadowlark

Sadly not surprising.
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:47 - Feb 24 with 4534 viewsMelford

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:34 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I do get annoyed though when you hear bitterness from anyone involved in academies. Football is a horrendous business fueled by greed. The greed is by clubs but also by parents willing to sell their kids childhood chasing the money. I told lots of parents to stay well away from it but if you are going down that route make sure you are supporting your child properly every single step of the way. Domt get spat out and then complain, it is a ruthless cold world

It is harsh, my ex-girlfriend's kid used to go to training at Walsham once a week and then to Playford road too once a week once he got established. That's a lot of miles to be travelling out of Melford and it all got cut off in an instant when one coach saw him playing and said he was too small and binned him just like that. He was playing regularly for Melford until the pandemic hit
https://www.facebook.com/longmelfordfc/photos/well-done-to-kyle-hurley-who-made-

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:47 - Feb 24 with 4510 viewsPendejo

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:19 - Feb 24 by chrismakin

Please tell me that's a made up name...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:48 - Feb 24 with 4503 viewsWicklowBlue

While shocked to read this, part of me is not surprised! We have seen stories of players being home sick, not fitting in, being outcasts with the eventual parting of ways

But like any youth organisation we have a duty of care to all our players at any level. I would like to hear Klug and Joe's thoughts on this... Two sides to every story.
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:49 - Feb 24 with 4483 viewsJ2BLUE

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:47 - Feb 24 by Pendejo

Please tell me that's a made up name...

His wife's called Anita

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:50 - Feb 24 with 4464 viewsPendejo

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:49 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

His wife's called Anita

Do they have a son called Ivor?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 22:57]

uberima fides

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:51 - Feb 24 with 4447 viewsBluefish

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:47 - Feb 24 by Melford

It is harsh, my ex-girlfriend's kid used to go to training at Walsham once a week and then to Playford road too once a week once he got established. That's a lot of miles to be travelling out of Melford and it all got cut off in an instant when one coach saw him playing and said he was too small and binned him just like that. He was playing regularly for Melford until the pandemic hit
https://www.facebook.com/longmelfordfc/photos/well-done-to-kyle-hurley-who-made-

I've got a couple of mates chasing the dream through their kids. They have abandoned everything to drive them to these clubs a couple of times a week. There is a small chance they could make it but an enormous chance they will waste their childhood and fall out of love with the game.

Most top sides just look for kids that are big and/or quick and then try to teach them robotic football. As soon as the growing stops or a bigger quicker kid comes along they are thrown out.

It is scandalous, so many end up losing love of the game and giving up altogether I have seen so many do it. The way you are taught in a academies doesn't always fit the non league game and the love is lost

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:56 - Feb 24 with 4393 viewsPendejo

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:19 - Feb 24 by chrismakin

Alice Grindrod

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/alice-grindrod-924006115

Alice who the .... Is Alice?

uberima fides

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 23:03 - Feb 24 with 4315 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would need to hear the club's response before passing judgement.

From his account it does sound like he needed more pastoral care and looking out for.

It's so hard for the youth teamers, as it's likely that 95% of them are just the supporting cast for the stars who will make it. I guess the coaches know which ones have a chance, and keep others on to fill the numbers.

Truly is a ruthless sport.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 23:04]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 23:04 - Feb 24 with 4297 viewsPlums

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:51 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I've got a couple of mates chasing the dream through their kids. They have abandoned everything to drive them to these clubs a couple of times a week. There is a small chance they could make it but an enormous chance they will waste their childhood and fall out of love with the game.

Most top sides just look for kids that are big and/or quick and then try to teach them robotic football. As soon as the growing stops or a bigger quicker kid comes along they are thrown out.

It is scandalous, so many end up losing love of the game and giving up altogether I have seen so many do it. The way you are taught in a academies doesn't always fit the non league game and the love is lost

You’re correct but the FA is all over amateur clubs with their safeguarding agenda yet turn a blind eye to these player farms because they wield so much power in the game. It needs sorting. I take my hat off to Brentford who weren’t prepared to play this game any longer.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 23:11 - Feb 24 with 4196 viewssyntaxerror

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 23:03 - Feb 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would need to hear the club's response before passing judgement.

From his account it does sound like he needed more pastoral care and looking out for.

It's so hard for the youth teamers, as it's likely that 95% of them are just the supporting cast for the stars who will make it. I guess the coaches know which ones have a chance, and keep others on to fill the numbers.

Truly is a ruthless sport.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 23:04]

It is nice to know that one (or more) of the First team squad were looking after him.
Chambers and Skuse get a lot of flak on here, but clearly it was one of them.
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 23:30 - Feb 24 with 4097 viewsstonojnr

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 22:15 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Michael Calvin wrote a book, No Hunger In Paradise, turned into a very watchable documentary on BT Sport (which might still be on catch up services) which covers alot on this subject and around the whole dream that young kids & their parents get sold thesedays about the riches and glory of being a professional footballer and how the dream never matches the reality in most cases, basically they are useable commodities to football clubs, for every player that doesnt work out, theres half a dozen more ready to replace them, and so clubs treat them accordingly

its not right, but completely common in modern football, so not an Ipswich only thing by any means
Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 00:00 - Feb 25 with 3986 viewsMrTown

Former academy product speaks out about treatment at Town on 23:11 - Feb 24 by syntaxerror

It is nice to know that one (or more) of the First team squad were looking after him.
Chambers and Skuse get a lot of flak on here, but clearly it was one of them.

They get a lot of flak for performances, but when it comes to handling yourself as a professional, and as captains, role models etc. they are as exemplary as it gets - (their performances are up and down in my opinion, but that’s a different matter)

They obviously shouldn’t be going straight into first team management, but I do hope they stay at the club in some capacity and possibly work their way up.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024