Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players postgame 06:58 - Mar 17 with 2443 viewschrismakin

"It spoke volumes that, not for the first time in recent months, not a single player would do an interview afterwards."

EADT

WHERE'S THE CAPTAIN! , I don't care if it was after every game, he should be talking especially if no one else has the balls to do it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 7:00]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Players postgame on 07:05 - Mar 17 with 2221 viewstextbackup

whats he going to say that he hasn't already said 10/15 times in the last 5 years?

"lads know its not good enough"
"we need to show ore"
"we cant hide"
"in a great position and want to push on"

Im sure hes a really decent bloke, but i'll be surprised if he's captain next year. the ever present in consistent failure. not all on him (obviously) but there comes a point where that new voice is needed, and would be a welcomed break for all involved.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players postgame on 07:06 - Mar 17 with 2206 viewschrismakin

Players postgame on 07:05 - Mar 17 by textbackup

whats he going to say that he hasn't already said 10/15 times in the last 5 years?

"we need to show ore"
"we cant hide"

Im sure hes a really decent bloke, but i'll be surprised if he's captain next year. the ever present in consistent failure. not all on him (obviously) but there comes a point where that new voice is needed, and would be a welcomed break for all involved.

Even come out and show a bit of honesty like Cook has, even if it's it's about himself. He is captain but on teamsheet only.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Players postgame on 07:08 - Mar 17 with 2195 viewsChurchman

Maybe he was told he wasn’t allowed to play the same tape as the past 3 years. There’s nothing for him and the others left to say, for me. They did their talking on the pitch - again.

I thought Cook’s post-match comments were right. I do like him.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 7:09]
Players postgame on 07:09 - Mar 17 with 2176 viewstextbackup

Players postgame on 07:06 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

Even come out and show a bit of honesty like Cook has, even if it's it's about himself. He is captain but on teamsheet only.

he's been honest so many times, he doesn't need to keep saying what we already know.

he cant change a single thing.

Cook can, and will, by shipping out the majority of these weak soppy twots.

I don't want to hear a single thing from them players after a game, means nothing, but hearing Cook say what he did was massive.

Players postgame on 07:11 - Mar 17 with 2162 viewschrismakin

Players postgame on 07:09 - Mar 17 by textbackup

he's been honest so many times, he doesn't need to keep saying what we already know.

he cant change a single thing.

Cook can, and will, by shipping out the majority of these weak soppy twots.

I don't want to hear a single thing from them players after a game, means nothing, but hearing Cook say what he did was massive.

You might not and other adult fans won;t

but don't forget, there are still plenty of itfc supporting children out there who do enjoy reading about their club captains thoughts etc

Players postgame on 07:14 - Mar 17 with 2140 viewstextbackup

Players postgame on 07:11 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

but don't forget, there are still plenty of itfc supporting children out there who do enjoy reading about their club captains thoughts etc

his job is to help the team score goals, and stop the other team scoring against us.
not give the kids a speech resulting in them thinking "fck this, town are sht"

Players postgame on 07:32 - Mar 17 with 2048 viewsbraveblue

Careful. He is a legend and an excellent player!!!
Players postgame on 07:34 - Mar 17 with 2035 viewsChurchman

I suspect a five year old can work out that what they’re saying bears zero relationship to their ‘efforts’ on the pitch.

As a child, when I first got into football, it was actually the scores and the goals I was interested in. Chambers mumbling after the game about responsibility blah blah after being deservedly beaten out of sight by Fleetwood would not have made me happier. Anyway, players rarely gave interviews back then in anything other than Shoot.
Login to get fewer ads

Players postgame on 07:36 - Mar 17 with 2021 viewschrismakin

Players postgame on 07:34 - Mar 17 by Churchman

I suspect a five year old can work out that what they’re saying bears zero relationship to their ‘efforts’ on the pitch.

As a child, when I first got into football, it was actually the scores and the goals I was interested in. Chambers mumbling after the game about responsibility blah blah after being deservedly beaten out of sight by Fleetwood would not have made me happier. Anyway, players rarely gave interviews back then in anything other than Shoot.

That's your own view

I loved reading after game views from players, managers etc especially club captain

Players postgame on 07:47 - Mar 17 with 1933 viewsBluespeed225

Players postgame on 07:34 - Mar 17 by Churchman

This. Players giving there thoughts after a game is a Sky invention. Who cares? As said, tell me their pre match meal, favourite film and toughest opponent and I’ll be interested. Cooky, you’ve got a job on son, but I’m looking forward to next season, that is when we’ll see the change. Play offs might be interesting this year, but The Champ’ would be brutal at the moment!
Players postgame on 07:50 - Mar 17 with 1924 viewsPinewoodblue

Players postgame on 07:36 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

That's your own view

I loved reading after game views from players, managers etc especially club captain

I would be more than happy not to hear another comment by any of our players between now and the end of the season.

Many live on a different planet, they can talk the talk but lack the character needed to walk the walk.

Take Cole Skuse, for example, pre match he was adamant automatic promotion was possible but on pitch he failed to deliver. Not just in his own contribution but failed to encourage those around him.

If they don’t believe the things they say why should anyone else.

It is also worth noting that in the recent past players who have told it as it is tend not to be selected for the next match.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Players postgame on 09:00 - Mar 17 with 1789 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Ahhhh you're 11. That explains everything.
Players postgame on 09:02 - Mar 17 with 1770 viewsJ2BLUE

Nah, drives me mad this "go again" stuff we regularly hear. Hopefully Cook stopped them giving interviews and said no on cares what you say, put it right at Portsmouth.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Players postgame on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 1707 viewsOldsmoker

"we need to show ore"
"we cant hide"

You missed "At the end of the day...."

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Players postgame on 09:47 - Mar 17 with 1659 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm bored listening to the same drivel games after game - I'm OK not to hear anything other than honesty from PC to be fair

Poll: If it were one or the other

Players postgame on 09:52 - Mar 17 with 1633 viewsStokieBlue

You really need to calm down with your posting, it's just a stream of thoughts from your head with absolutely no filter and it's becoming incredibly tedious and increasingly more random.

Take some time to correlate your thoughts, form your opinion and then post it for us to see rather than just streaming out everything in your head. TWTD isn't Twitter. You'll get a lot more joy and engagement with well constructed views.

SB
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 9:52]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Players postgame on 09:55 - Mar 17 with 1617 viewsTieDyedIn95

They have been massively exposed as a group in recent weeks. I just pray the fans don't expect to get promoted this season or next with the 40 or so wage claimers we have on our books draining away what financial advantage we once had.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Players postgame on 09:55 - Mar 17 with 1613 viewsreusersfreekicks

Players postgame on 07:06 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

Whatever he might say changes little.
Least of our problems
Players postgame on 09:56 - Mar 17 with 1602 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lame
Players postgame on 09:57 - Mar 17 with 1582 viewsreusersfreekicks

Players postgame on 09:52 - Mar 17 by StokieBlue

You really need to calm down with your posting, it's just a stream of thoughts from your head with absolutely no filter and it's becoming incredibly tedious and increasingly more random.

Take some time to correlate your thoughts, form your opinion and then post it for us to see rather than just streaming out everything in your head. TWTD isn't Twitter. You'll get a lot more joy and engagement with well constructed views.

SB
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 9:52]

This. Getting bored of same poster
Players postgame on 09:59 - Mar 17 with 1561 viewsitfcjoe

"we need to show ore"
"we cant hide"

He'll likely stay captain, but just play a lot less - which we all assumed would be the case this year.

But even if Vincent-Young was fit, none of the centre backs will have played well enough to keep him out of the team this year which tells its own story

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players postgame on 10:06 - Mar 17 with 1522 viewstextbackup

Players postgame on 09:59 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

He'll likely stay captain, but just play a lot less - which we all assumed would be the case this year.

But even if Vincent-Young was fit, none of the centre backs will have played well enough to keep him out of the team this year which tells its own story

yeah I do feel for them two (SC and LC) in a sense that they must look around and think there is nobody around them stepping up to cement a position ahead of them.
in terms of a career they have wasted so much time at this club with only a few quid in the bank to show for it

Players postgame on 10:11 - Mar 17 with 1501 viewsitfcjoe

Players postgame on 10:06 - Mar 17 by textbackup

yeah I do feel for them two (SC and LC) in a sense that they must look around and think there is nobody around them stepping up to cement a position ahead of them.
in terms of a career they have wasted so much time at this club with only a few quid in the bank to show for it

Just look at the quality they had around them 7 years ago with McGoldrick, Murphy, Berra, Mings, Cresswell, then they saw likes of Waghorn, Garner, Fraser, Celina and now look at it.

That transfer window under Paul Hurst killed us as a club - the difference in quality between what left and what was signed was so stark and we've never recovered

No matter how good a captain or bloke you are - you can't turn Toto Nsiala and James Wilson into Christphe Berra or Adam Webster. You can't turn Kayden Jackson and James Norwood into Murphy and Waghorn

Every manager will tell you, football is all about recruitment, and having better players - it's a simple game. I didn't think Lambert's recruitment of freebies was particularly poor, but Hurst's was a total disaster

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players postgame on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 1461 viewstractorboy1978

Players postgame on 10:11 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Just look at the quality they had around them 7 years ago with McGoldrick, Murphy, Berra, Mings, Cresswell, then they saw likes of Waghorn, Garner, Fraser, Celina and now look at it.

That transfer window under Paul Hurst killed us as a club - the difference in quality between what left and what was signed was so stark and we've never recovered

No matter how good a captain or bloke you are - you can't turn Toto Nsiala and James Wilson into Christphe Berra or Adam Webster. You can't turn Kayden Jackson and James Norwood into Murphy and Waghorn

Every manager will tell you, football is all about recruitment, and having better players - it's a simple game. I didn't think Lambert's recruitment of freebies was particularly poor, but Hurst's was a total disaster

And it's not just about recruiting outright footballing ability either. It's also about character, discipline, what they bring to the dressing room and onto the training pitch, grit. MM was the absolute master of signing these types - Tabb, Anderson, Chaplow, both Hunts, etc.

And I also always think back to DJ's comments about us signing Magilton - how he raised the game and standards of everyone around him - albeit better players.
Players postgame on 10:34 - Mar 17 with 1412 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It doesn't have to be El Capatain and TBH I don't really care to me it's more about if you can't front up after the game to a few generally friendly supporters then no wonder you can't do so to a Fleetwood team who frankly were just more up for it than we were last night.

We have said it for years, Ipswich is a nice gig, no pressure, lots of weekends off because we can't get passed the 1st round of any cup competition. Take you pay home and enjoy living in the Suffolk countryside, bit of Southwold with the kids. Nice life.

Cook seems to see it though..... let's hope so coz a good 40 odd of our 50 players no longer seem fit for purpose here

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024